PDA

View Full Version : Sam Raimi to produce Warcraft movie

phyzik
07-22-2009, 10:30 AM
IMHO, this movie will do well at the box office just because of the Warcraft popularity but the actual movie will blow chunks.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41761

Ain't It Cool News just broke the story that Sam Raimi, the director of the cult classic Evil Dead series and the Spider-Man films has been tagged as the director for Blizzard's Warcraft movie. Legendary Pictures and Blizzard will produce the film, while Warner Bros. will co-finance the picture and has secured distribution rights.

The Warcraft film will be a big-budget live action adaptation of the popular PC game franchise.

"At its core, 'Warcraft' is a fantastic, action-packed story," Raimi said in a statement.

Blizzard senior VP of creative development Chris Metzen will co-produce the film alongside film and television producer Robert Tapert.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
wow. a new low. if there was another video game movie to be made i would love to see samus aran come to life.

Mister Sinister
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Fucking Raimi.

tp2021
07-22-2009, 11:41 AM
wow. a new low. if there was another video game movie to be made i would love to see samus aran come to life.

+1000

Or maybe the Legacy of Cain games.

DarkReign
07-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Or maybe the Legacy of Cain games.

Fuck yes, but none of that soul reaver bullshit. Kain and his legacy.

leemajors
07-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Uwe Boll.

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I;m looking forward to kane and lynch cause they got Bruce Willis to sign on, and Prince of Persia cause its a bruckheimer movie and the main character doesn't look like a girl

Cane
07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Blizzard makes the best CGI and stories around so this will likely do well.

They're all about quality so if the movie does suck they'll pull the plug like they did with Starcraft: Ghost.

dimsah
07-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Uwe Boll.

Thank you.

Can we all agree that if they're going to make another movie based on a video game, that Uwe Fucking Boll should not be the director?

leemajors
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Thank you.

Can we all agree that if they're going to make another movie based on a video game, that Uwe Fucking Boll should not be the director?

I meant he should be the director. If he does enough maybe they will stop trying.

resistanze
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Hmm, a 24 hour long movie. Interesting.

brettn
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Should've gone with a Starcraft movie instead.

BlackSwordsMan
07-22-2009, 04:49 PM
legacy of kain would be a badass movie. I still own the games too =]

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Let's see how this pans out.
If it succeeds, we can see a Starcraft movie....both movies have the potential to be tight. But, as usual, they'll probably incorporate a Shia LeBouf type role, and have humans be the focus point of the plot, with the nonhumans' roles being tangential to all the action.

Add in a little Linkin Park for the soundtrack, and you have a summer blockbuster without making any real effort to make a good movie.

btw, legacy of cain would be the shiznit.

brettn
07-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Didn't they already make this movie... Lord of the flies... or Rings... or somethin' along those lines.

No, but seriously, not that I have anything against Warcraft, I just think there's alot more potential for other gaming franchises out there to be translated to the big screen. A few that come to mind are Starcraft and C&C. I only played the first 2 Warcrafts, but it seems like the whole Humans vs. Orcs thing has been done on the big screen, and done very well I might add.

phyzik
07-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Before any other game movies are made, I'd KILL to see a movie based off of the Dark Elf book series (Drizzt Du'Urden) with Peter Jackson as the director (based off of LoTR) and Jackie Chan as the fight coordinator (based on the fact that he is a badass).

phyzik
07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Didn't they already make this movie... Lord of the flies... or Rings... or somethin' along those lines.

No, but seriously, not that I have anything against Warcraft, I just think there's alot more potential for other gaming franchises out there to be translated to the big screen. A few that come to mind are Starcraft and C&C. I only played the first 2 Warcrafts, but it seems like the whole Humans vs. Orcs thing has been done on the big screen, and done very well I might add.

I'd lov to see a Duke Nukem or Serious Sam movie. :lol

eyeh8u
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I;m looking forward to kane and lynch cause they got Bruce Willis to sign on, and Prince of Persia cause its a bruckheimer movie and the main character doesn't look like a girl

yes he does, a bearded girl.