PDA

View Full Version : Another example of an athlete caring more about himself than his sport.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Until EA Sports releases "Sports Blogger Pie Eating Contest '10," I'm never going to know what it's like to be in a video game. I'm never going to know what it feels like to pop a disc in the ol' XBox 360, turn it on and see what rating I've been assigned.

I'd imagine that most guys think they should be rated above where they are, because that's just human nature, and professional football is a profession that lends itself easily to a large ego. Everyone wants a high ranking. Everyone lacks perspective when judging their own abilities.

That said, I think T.J. Houshmandzadeh(notes) is being particularly unreasonable here. The man's rated a 91, and he's going slightly bananas over it. He said on the Colin Cowherd show today that he's boycotting Madden '10 until they show proper respect for his abilities.

"I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me. I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. ... I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I'm not playing it any more."

And he's a 91! What did he want to be, a 114? Does he insist that little polygonal T.J. Houshmandzadeh be bathed in a warming, angelic glow of pure white light at all times? It's a 91, man. I hope I'm not shattering any illusions when I suggest that T.J. Houshmandzadeh should be pretty happy with a 91.

As for EA Sports, I don't know how they're going to cope. A player who likely got the game for free anyway now refuses to play. I hope the company is able to rebound from the setback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/T-J-Houshmandzadeh-rsquo-s-ego-has-him-boycotti?urn=nfl,177838

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I would work this homo in Madden.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I'm not playing it any more."
I think this guy would have something to say about that....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/videogames/photo/2009/0115/mc_dynasty_320x400.jpg

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I think this guy would have something to say about that....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/videogames/photo/2009/0115/mc_dynasty_320x400.jpg

dude is that you in the margaritaville pic? If so that dude kinda looks like you :) hahah just bustin your balls man.

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I would work this homo in Madden.

Im still waiting for you to play me!! Im going to play you, JT, and Stretch. We should do a Spurstalk tourny.

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Im still waiting for you to play me!! Im going to play you, JT, and Stretch. We should do a Spurstalk tourny.

I think the IronMessican is doing an online franchise in Madden 2010.

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I think the IronMessican is doing an online franchise in Madden 2010.

NICE, so who is going to get the colts you or JT?

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
NICE, so who is going to get the colts you or JT?

I challenged JT to a mma fight to see.

Or we could do a fantasy draft. I don't think the Messican has decided yet.

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I called Pats already.

J.T.
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I challenged JT to a mma fight to see.

Son you're gonna get worked like Apollo Creed did by that Russian.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I would play all of you in Madden but it wouldn't be fair.

It wouldn't be fair to the guys who didn't play me in the first round because whomever did would get an automatic win! :lol

manufan10
07-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I would play all of you in Madden but it wouldn't be fair.

It wouldn't be fair to the guys who didn't play me in the first round because whomever did would get an automatic win! :lol

:lol

Same here.

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
idk, I think fantasy draft is the only way to go, but whatever.