PDA

View Full Version : Let The Right One In

PakiDan
07-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I mentioned this movie in the Scary Movies thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. I saw this last night. What a beautiful, superb film. One of the best Vampire flicks I have ever seen, while the subplots tend to make the vampire plot dim itself in the background at times... this movie is stirring. Takes place in Stockholm, where a shy, bullied boy Oscar meets a new girl Eli, who just happens to be a Vampire. Their growing affection for each other and what they do for their affection pulls at your every emotion. Go rent it. Oh - and the fact that the title is based on a Morrissey song is just the icing on the cake!

http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Subtitles? :depressed

I may have to check it out anyway. :lol

PakiDan
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Subtitles? :depressed

I may have to check it out anyway. :lol

No... It's dubbed in English, which makes the dialogue inflection corny at times, but the movie rises over that.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
No... It's dubbed in English, which makes the dialogue inflection corny at times, but the movie rises over that.

Yea, english subtitles. Loading it in my queue @ Netflix. :tu

leemajors
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Any sensible person would put the subtitles on and skip the dubbed crap. Good movie and book.

Kermit
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Too bad some asshole thought it would be a good idea to ruin it and remake some bastardized american version of it.

It just came out and they're already remaking it. WTF?

PakiDan
07-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Too bad some asshole thought it would be a good idea to ruin it and remake some bastardized american version of it.

ooohhhh. That sucks!

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
It's a great movie. My wife and I both liked it.

PuttPutt
07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
I've been wanting to see this ever since I saw the trailer for it. Definately, going to add it to the que on netflix.

dickface
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM

Chicks dig vampires,and there's tween Disney stars who need their first movie gig. I understand the vampire in this movie is an androgynous he/she, but a round of script rewrites will have Zack Efron or whever the fuck else become the perfect queer for the role.

The bastardized American version will suck balls and make assloads of money.