PDA

View Full Version : If Bowen does not come back to the Spurs...

BillMc
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
If Bowen does not end up on the Spurs roster this year, which would you rather see?

A) Bruce Retires. An end of an era, but you see his jersey hung in the rafters sometime this season....

B) Bruce plays for another team. Yeah, you'd rather he'd be a Spur, and maybe its tough to see him out there for someone else, but you want the man to do his thing, play the game he loves and make a few more $$$$.

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
No question, A.

DMX7
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM

I love Bruce but if he gets his jersey retired he'll be in the bottom 2% of players to ever have their jersey retired. He was good but a product of playing next to 3 all stars, he might not be in the league today if he hadn't landed with the Spurs.

Muser
07-22-2009, 12:23 PM

I love Bruce but if he gets his jersey retired he'll be in the bottom 2% of players to ever have their jersey retired. He was good but a product of playing next to 3 all stars, he might not be in the league today if he hadn't landed with the Spurs.

No, Bruce was key in winning 3 titles. Whenever he was on the court the Defense stepped up a gear.

As for the question i'd say A, as much as I love the man and all he's done for the Spurs he is done.

HarlemHeat37
07-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Bowen was an all-NBA defender with Miami..I guess Mr.DMX forgets completely about the defensive part of basketball..

Taco
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
A.

b. B. B. !!!!

Rynospursfan
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I would like to see him return but if he doesn't I hope he sticks with the Bucks and has a nice year. What I don't want to see is him playing for another contender. The thought of him guarding Manu in a playoff series is frightening.

easy7
07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
F-ing A

xtremesteven33
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM
All i have to say about Bowen is that as a Spurs fan its not gonna feel the same without Bowen on the Spurs squad. Thats a guy you want in crunch time.

Bowen has been my favorite Spurs player for awhile now. I cant imagine a playoff series against the Lakers or a Finals appearance without Bowen.... :depressed

pawe
07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I want Bowen to be with the Spurs this year for his last hurrah and besides, who's gonna foul Lebron while he makes a 3 pt heave with 1sec left to tie an NBA Finals game.

picc84
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Cant see him playing for another team. He's a Spur through and through. I'd like to see SA sign him for the vet min just to trot out against the Suns to piss Nash off. That would amuse me highly.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
C. Bowen retires, and then Clear Channel hires he and I to join PB in a 3 hour morning show. :)

angelbelow
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Bruce will definitely get his jersey retired. It might not be this year though, even if he retires. Seems a little too soon.They should really take the time to pick out the perfect day, one with meaning.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Bruce will definitely get his jersey retired. It might not be this year though, even if he retires. Seems a little too soon.They should really take the time to pick out the perfect day, one with meaning.

They should do it on the night that Ray Allen comes to town. :lol

SonOfAGun
07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Bruce deserves good things wherever he goes.

I hope he comes back to coach the young guns or replaces sean.

Jose Ole
07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd love to see him be Bill Schoening's color analyst when he's done with basketball. It's a numbers game right now even if the Spurs do have a roster spot when Bruce gets waived i think the Spurs are going in a different direction.

I think FSSW should just ditch Bill Land and let Sean and Bruce throw towels at each other and talk about their feet all game long...

baseline bum
07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
If the Spurs don't bring Bruce back I'd like to see him in Boston where he'd have a chance for ring #4.

Agloco
07-22-2009, 01:54 PM

Um, Avery Johnson anyone?

They should do it on the night that Ray Allen comes to town. :lol
:rollin:rollin:rollin

pawe
07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
If the Spurs don't bring Bruce back I'd like to see him in Boston where he'd have a chance for ring #4.

uh, what now?

I like to see the guy succeed but not to the expense of the Spurs.
And, I dont think Bruce can even say "4 rings faggot" properly!

baseline bum
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
uh, what now?

I like to see the guy succeed but not to the expense of the Spurs.
And, I dont think Bruce can even say "4 rings faggot" properly!

Of course I want the Spurs to win the title next year, but I don't want to see Bruce forced into retirement or playing for some shitty team that has no shot.

Drom John
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
B.

Retire the jersery a few years later. Meanwhile, don't issue his number.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
As long as he doesn't go to the Mavs or Lakers I can live with whatever he wants to do.

TheProfessor
07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
I want him back on the coaching staff, if only so he can rip off his suit to reveal his uniform underneath, then go out and lock down LBJ in Game 7 of the Finals. All the while Pop will laugh maniacally in the background while Jim Ross screams that they fooled everyone.

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM

I'd love to have Bowen back here. He would be a great backup small foward and can hit the corner 3.

House,Daniels,Bowen,Sheed,Baby off the bench would be old but solid.

CubanSucks
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
A

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I want him back on the coaching staff, if only so he can rip off his suit to reveal his uniform underneath, then go out and lock down LBJ in Game 7 of the Finals. All the while Pop will laugh maniacally in the background while Jim Ross screams that they fooled everyone.

This. :tu

sprrs
07-22-2009, 03:12 PM

The ONLY reason I'd even entertain that thought is to see Ray Allen's reaction when they sign him.

Morg1411
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
c. Bowen retires, and then clear channel hires he and i to join pb in a 3 hour morning show. :)

+1

SenorSpur
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd love to see him be Bill Schoening's color analyst when he's done with basketball. It's a numbers game right now even if the Spurs do have a roster spot when Bruce gets waived i think the Spurs are going in a different direction.

I have a strong feeling Bruce is headed for a career in the media. Either TV or radio. He's always been a media favorite, as well as a knowledgeable, likeable and articulate. He would do well in that arena

picc84
07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
The ONLY reason I'd even entertain that thought is to see Ray Allen's reaction when they sign him.

I'd love to see Boston and SA make it to the finals and all of a sudden in game 7, Bruce starts double-teaming him along with the Spurs players.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Kinda interesting to talk about.

Brett Favre is known as a Packer, Like Bruce Known as a Spur.

Favre wants to play as a Viking to show Packers he has something left
Bowen doesn't seem to want to play for anyone other than Spurs, nothing to Prove.

Interesting to see the difference in mindsets

I'll bring it up tomorrow.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd love to see Boston and SA make it to the finals and all of a sudden in game 7, Bruce starts double-teaming him along with the Spurs players.

Bruce walks by the Spurs bench and Pop yells..."Execute Order 66".

Perfect. :)

picc84
07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Precisely. :lol

lefty
07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bruce-bowen-up-to-his-old-tricks.jpg

jay014
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
B. Play for any other team, if nobody wants him then

C. Just retire.

Macca76
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM

WTF ???!!! He was a key part in the titles and he's so representative of these title years that I don't think we're talking about the same player. Did you think of Jackie Butler instead ? :blah

picc84
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bruce-bowen-up-to-his-old-tricks.jpg

"Come to the darkside, young Richard..."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

lefty
07-22-2009, 05:56 PM
"Come to the darkside, young Richard..."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
Nice :toast

FkLA
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I cant believe u guys want Bowen's jersey retired, that would completely cheapen the retiring of jerseys...AJ's jersey retirement was cool cause despite the fact that he was an average player he was the general of our first title team and hit the title-clinching shot. I also heard that one of the other guys, either Moore or Silas, was a pretty average player as well. So I think two average players with their jerseys retired is fine, no need to add even more. If we continue to retire every likeable players' jersey that has some sort of impact in our titles...we will run out of jerseys pretty soon.

I love Bowen, but a tribute would be more ideal...having his jersey retired would be a bit too much.

completely deck
07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd like to see him rejoin us for another year. I think he has maybe one more season in him and then he hangs up. I don't see him going to some random team and retiring. I think he'd retire here.

SonOfAGun
07-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I cant believe u guys want Bowen's jersey retired, that would completely cheapen the retiring of jerseys...AJ's jersey retirement was cool cause despite the fact that he was an average player he was the general of our first title team and hit the title-clinching shot. I also heard that one of the other guys, either Moore or Silas, was a pretty average player as well. So I think two average players with their jerseys retired is fine, no need to add even more. If we continue to retire every likeable players' jersey that has some sort of impact in our titles...we will run out of jerseys pretty soon.

I love Bowen, but a tribute would be more ideal...having his jersey retired would be a bit too much.

Blasphemy! Bruce was just as important as the big 3 in winning championships.

Bruce was the embodiment of an ideal Spur. Class act & hard nosed defense.

FkLA
07-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Blasphemy! Bruce was just as important as the big 3 in winning championships.

Bruce was the embodiment of an ideal Spur. Class act & hard nosed defense.

Thats just ridiculous.

Like I said I like Bruce, give him a tribute or something but retiring his jersey is too much. Malik was the embodiment of an ideal Spur before he got into it with Pop and was shipped to NY, and just as big a part of the community as Bruce was. These guys should be remembered and given a tribute but thats it.

jay014
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
bowen tribute would be more ideal...having his jersey retired would be a bit too much.

+1

Spurlady
07-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I think FSSW should just ditch Bill Land and let Sean and Bruce throw towels at each other and talk about their feet all game long...

Sean and Bruce calling games together would be awesome.

And I am with the crowd that thinks Bruce deserves to have his jersey retired. He was a huge part of those titles.