PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom to re-sign with Lakers

Clutch City 01
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Respected blogger and CEO of BlackSportsOnline Robert Littal has posted a breaking news story that Lamar Odom will re-sign with the Lakers for 4 yeas and a cool $40 million.

"The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement."

http://www.faniq.com/article/Lamar-Odom-to-resign-with-Lakers-1746454

Brazil
07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
so this is it ?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

benefactor
07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Why do people keep posting stuff from these BS sources? When AW over at Yahoo reports it I will believe it.

Chillen
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I hope he re-signs, I want them to lose at full strength, that would be a great regular season team but the playoffs are totally different. Boston and San Antonio if healthy can take them down in the playoffs.

in2deep
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM
premature ejacummulation forum

robbie380
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
here is another gem from robert littal and his blacksportsonline blog. you know he has to be real when he calls himself bonafide and respected.

FREE MICHAEL VICK!!!!!

By BonaFide Sports Expert Robert Littalon July 20, 2009 12:52 PM | Permalink | Comments (10) | TrackBacks (0)

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/mike-vick.jpeg
No suspension. No punishment. No banishment. Nothing should happen to Michael Vick now that he has finished his nineteen month sentence for financing a dog fighting ring.

It is over. No matter what PETA says, no matter what ESPN says & no matter what you think. It is over.

Is Dog fighting wrong? Absolutely.

Did Michael Vick deserve nineteen months in jail for it? Absolutely not.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I hope he re-signs, I want them to lose at full strength, that would be a great regular season team but the playoffs are totally different. Boston and San Antonio if healthy can take them down in the playoffs.

healthy Lakers > healthy Spurs
healthy Lakers > healthy Boston

in2deep
07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
:lmao

mytespurs
07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Good news for Laker fans if this proves to be true. But as others have stated, it's not necessarily a surprise or not expected that he would re-sign with the Lakers especially if the money is the same. It didn't make sense to go to Miami plus the opportunity to win a championship.

So now perhaps some of the Laker fandom can take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your reign as champions and not be so obsessed with bashing the spurs or lakerhaters! :)

Culburn369
07-22-2009, 04:48 PM
The white man still looked both ways (at least twice) before sidin' the dogs in this case.

tee hee.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Like others have said, I'm waiting for Yahoo or ESPN to report this until I believe it. The guy who wrote the article said in the comments he expects it to be announced tonight or tom. morning, for whatever that's worth. I hope this dude's source isn't bullshitting.

DAF86
07-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Respected blogger and CEO of BlackSportsOnline Robert Littal has posted a breaking news story that Lamar Odom will re-sign with the Lakers for 4 yeas and a cool $40 million.

"The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement."

Lol Jerry Buss, Odom and his manager made him their bitch.

Mr. Body
07-22-2009, 04:54 PM
LOL, if the Lakers don't repeat they're in major trouble.

duncan228
07-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Odom hears pleas from around the world (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/category/lakers-personnel/lamar-odom/)
July 22nd, 2009
by Janis Carr, OC Register

Lamar Odom is getting it from all sides.

His Lakers teammates have tweeted, emailed and texted him with pleas to come back. On Tuesday, Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant both publicly urged Odom to re-sign — Fisher from Los Angeles and Kobe from Singapore (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jgSkZtblknqmJIRyfz2he3pPOD5AD99JEKOO0).

“We want him back badly, and I hope we can accomplish that in the next couple days,” said Fisher, his eyes darting from the cameramen to reporters, who crowded around him at L.A. Live. The veteran guard seemed eager to get his point across, as if talking directly to Odom and not me.

Because on the other side of the country, Dwyane Wade was applying the Heat (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/davie/sfl-wade-odom-heat-s072209sbjul22,0,4158838.story).

“I know he’s got a tough decision to make with L.A., but our door is open,” Wade said in Miami.

“Lamar is on his own time, his own schedule. And I don’t think [anyone] knows when he’s going to make a decision. That’s L.O. We know that in Miami. At the end of the day, we want him to make a decision that is best for his family.”

Wade said Carlos Boozer would be a great additon (”he’s what you want” in a power forward”) but kept his eyes on the bigger prize — Odom.

“Lamar right now is our big focus. We want to make sure we get Lamar and then go from there.”

Wade then turned up the pressure.

“Come home! Come back!”

KSeal
07-22-2009, 04:58 PM

:lol Brilliant.

Mr. Body
07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
It's true. They'll have no room to maneuver with lots of money tied up in the front line.

duncan228
07-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Stop trying to make sense of Odom saga (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/odom-season-called-2502371-world-million)
The Lakers and Lamar Odom remain locked in an unsteady and mystifying place in contract talks. There is nothing easy about this, but there is something very apropos.
Jeff Miller
The Orange County Register

Nothing is ever as easy as it looks, particularly when it appears to be a layup so wide open even Courtney Lee couldn't miss.

So it was this week when, upon returning from vacation, we learned Lamar Odom remains a Laker, but still only by default.

The candy man can't, evidently, swallow the idea of signing here for three or four years when a potential fifth guaranteed season could be awaiting him in Miami. At least that's one theory.

If true, imagine living in a world where, after making nearly $70 million over a six-year period, you're still concerned about long-term security. Seems a little bit much, doesn't it? Unless, of course, Odom plans on living to be 754.

These negotiations rarely are simple. There are egos involved and agents and a perspective unfamiliar to those of us who live on planet Earth. Theirs is a universe where disrespect somehow can be spelled with seven zeroes.

Why not just sign, Lamar, right? Why become a bald diva when the Lakers have offered as much as $36 million and four more championship chances?

Sorry, but it can't be that easy, otherwise Odom would have signed already and we'd be writing about some other mystifying aspect of sports, like the continued existence of the Washington Nationals.

It can be very disconnecting, watching from afar an apparent black-and-white world that actually is colored in every shade of green and gray. So don't even attempt to wrap what's left of your 401(k) around these proceedings.

It is difficult to apply real-world logic to the NBA, where the finances are so cartoonish that the $100 bill should feature a picture of Homer Simpson. In this warped world, the services of Marko Jaric are valued at $14.7 million for the next two seasons.

The Lakers threw at least $9 million a year at Odom, representing a significant pay cut but also a hefty salary for a non-starter.

For the record, the players making more than $9 million next season include Erick Dampier, Cuttino Mobley and Mike Dunleavy.

And Quentin Richardson. Since his last game, Richardson has been traded three times, passing around the NBA like a flu bug.

He has been property of the Knicks, Grizzlies, Clippers and Timberwolves, each of whom missed the playoffs last season but, based on their dealing of or for Richardson, now clearly has a definite direction in mind … or maybe not.

Odom's case has become something of a soap opera, playing out in the land — or should it be an iLand? — of Twitter and text messaging. And we all know everything in cyberspace is legitimate.

Let's see if we have things up-to-date. Kobe Bryant has called Odom and Dwyane Wade has called Odom and Ron Artest has called Odom and Odom has called Jerry Buss, and remember when the Lakers were famous for not speaking to each other?

During the same time, everybody has called Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, some kind of bad name. We have to be honest; we thought Jeff Schwartz was the new coach of the Detroit Lions.

Turns out that guy is Jim Schwartz, which is a difficult name for us to say without smiling. Like most coaches, he's a glorified physical education teacher, meaning the obvious nickname for Jim Schwartz is Gym Shorts.

Hey, two weeks of vacation allows the mind to travel to a lot of different places, some of them quite bizarre and not always funny.

Anyway, back in the unreal world, Shaquille O'Neal has a television project ongoing called "Shaq Vs.," a show in which he will compete against, among others, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Phelps and Serena Williams in their respective sports.

O'Neal told USA Today that he came up with the idea as a way to work out for the upcoming season.

Keep in mind that O'Neal drove everyone crazy in L.A. because of his questionable offseason training. And now he's going to prepare for the NBA by playing beach volleyball against Kerri Walsh.

Meanwhile, Bryant has maintained that Odom will re-sign with the Lakers, that both sides need each other and ultimately things will work out.

On Tuesday, he also told The Associated Press he does not believe the gasping U.S. economy will affect NBA attendance next season.

He said this in the Philippines moments before — according to a report — removing his shoes, autographing them and handing them to strangers, at least one of whom had shouted her feelings about Bryant in the form of "I love you!"

And who says we can't relate to these guys?

Since the end of the season, 53 players have been traded and 26 free agents have signed or re-signed.

Odom's number will come up soon. Until then, enjoy the uneven journey and shifting mood swings, which, come to think of it, are what we're used to getting from Lamar Odom anyway.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 05:03 PM

One day I hope the Suns are in this position.

21_Blessings
It's true. They'll have no room to maneuver with lots of money tied up in the front line.

They'll have more room to maneuver than the Spurs. Lmao at RJ making 14m next year

The Lakers front line is full of tradeable assets to go along with a 7m expiring contract + some trade exceptions.

Meanwhile, the Spurs bigs are either over the hill, have no ACLs or would rather choose to suck multitudes of cock instead of getting married to a female.

Gino
If Odom was going to sign with the heat, he would have done it by now.

sonic21
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
i will only believe it when hoopsworld will report it

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
When I saw Duncan228 as the last post I figured something was more official.

:lmao my thoughts exactly

mytespurs
07-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Like others have said, I'm waiting for Yahoo or ESPN to report this until I believe it. The guy who wrote the article said in the comments he expects it to be announced tonight or tom. morning, for whatever that's worth. I hope this dude's source isn't bullshitting.

you're right. I still believe he's going to be a Laker. I cannot see the Lakers losing both Lamar and Ariza.

rjv
07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
ever since TMZ got michael jackson's death right and they were the first to report, every single site and blogger wants to be the first.

and apparently the same applies to threads in this forum as well.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Assuming Kobe and Pau get their extensions, which I know they will. You have a core of Kobe, Pau, Artest, Lamar and Bynum. Sign a decent PG next off season with the MLE and they're set for the next four or so seasons to contend for titles. Yes Walton sucks and so does Sasha but who cares, Lamar and Shannon make their bench legit. Fisher, Morrison and Farmar are all expiring contracts after this next year.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I won't believe he's going to LA until Vescey says he's signed with the Heat.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I won't believe he's going to LA until Vescey says he's signed with the Heat.

Or Ric Bucher for that matter.

Morg1411
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Fuck Odom.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't like the fact the Lakers are currently on top, but some people here are really stretching to come up with reasons why LA is about to suck. No room to maneuver? Wtf? You don't need to maneuver when you're currently the best team.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 05:20 PM

Spurs fans are experts in Repeats.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
According to John Ireland, more credible then this website, he says the Lakers haven't agreed on any offer and that Lamar will have to take less then the first two offers if he wants to stay a Laker. Chances are 50/50 for Lamar staying in LA he says.

Culburn369
07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Spurs fans are experts in Repeats.

Ouch!

Mr. Body
07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Bynum is getting paid near franchise-level money. Odom is getting lots of money. They'll need to repair the bench soon, but assuredly Stern will work something out.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Bynum is getting paid near franchise-level money. Odom is getting lots of money. They'll need to repair the bench soon, but assuredly Stern will work something out.

You're an idiot in denial, just stop.

spursfaninla
07-22-2009, 05:40 PM
If it is true that the Lakers are making Odom take less than they originally offered, they are really playing an interesting game of chicken.

Does Odom blink, take more money for three years than the heat could offer, but also admit that he got publically called out and basically humbled?

If I am him, I go to the Heat, just from the Ego factor.

Scenario 1: Signs with Lakers: He is basically a loser to everyone if he tucks his tail and slinks back to the Lakers, admits he was a dumbass and should have taken their first offer, and please make me another offer and I will take it, thank you kindly masta.

Now, this is a championship team, BUT Odom is actually better off leaving; the Lakers probably don't win without him, and he can say it was because he left, making it seem like the Lakers were idiots to not give him "what he deserved."

Scenario 2: Signs with Heat: He is taking less money than he could have gotten with the Lakers, either in scenario 1 or if he took their initial offer, but he can say he chose on his terms. He can say he wanted to be a bigger contributor, not a guy off the bench..especially considering that Ron will demand more minutes and take away from Odom, more than Ariza would have. He gets to be with a nicer Champion in Wade (Kobe is a dick); can opt out after 3 years and ask for more money, which he will get because he will have better numbers in Miami; plus, he will be part of the "big three" of Wade/Odom/Boozer, in that order.

I take Miami if I am him. He is just thinking if his ego outweighs his pocketbook...I think it will.

Showtime24 LAKERS

http://www.gifshare.com/uploads/images/20071024/full_size/7922_yourearetard.gif

mytespurs
According to John Ireland, more credible then this website, he says the Lakers haven't agreed on any offer and that Lamar will have to take less then the first two offers if he wants to stay a Laker. Chances are 50/50 for Lamar staying in LA he says.

I would lean towards the 50 that he'll stay but it depends.......

Non smack question for the Laker fans: are you getting tiring of the Odom drama of will he/won't he resign?

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 05:41 PM
:depressed:depressed

Son of a bitch. I thought it was official! Comon Odom resign. I want an all paid for night at the bars damnit. If you resign with LA, my Laker buddy owes me that. If you dont, then I owe him it. Comon you fucker just sign the damn contract already.:depressed

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 05:41 PM

Do it Stern...help us repeat!

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
If it is true that the Lakers are making Odom take less than they originally offered, they are really playing an interesting game of chicken.

Does Odom blink, take more money for three years than the heat could offer, but also admit that he got publically called out and basically humbled?

If I am him, I go to the Heat, just from the Ego factor.

Scenario 1: Signs with Lakers: He is basically a loser to everyone if he tucks his tail and slinks back to the Lakers, admits he was a dumbass and should have taken their first offer, and please make me another offer and I will take it, thank you kindly masta.

Now, this is a championship team, BUT Odom is actually better off leaving; the Lakers probably don't win without him, and he can say it was because he left, making it seem like the Lakers were idiots to not give him "what he deserved."

Scenario 2: Signs with Heat: He is taking less money than he could have gotten with the Lakers, either in scenario 1 or if he took their initial offer, but he can say he chose on his terms. He can say he wanted to be a bigger contributor, not a guy off the bench..especially considering that Ron will demand more minutes and take away from Odom, more than Ariza would have. He gets to be with a nicer Champion in Wade (Kobe is a dick); can opt out after 3 years and ask for more money, which he will get because he will have better numbers in Miami; plus, he will be part of the "big three" of Wade/Odom/Boozer, in that order.

I take Miami if I am him. He is just thinking if his ego outweighs his pocketbook...I think it will.

:lol

spursfaninla
07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
the machine laughs...out of fear...NBA ego's are large....

lefty
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Kobe " Yo Lamar wassup; this is the greatest baller of all-time calling from Thailand "
Lamar " Hey Kob; how ar.."
Kobe " Shut up bitch "
Lamar " ...e you doing...wait WTF "
Kobe " Sorry I'm raping an Asian chick, her name is Sakda"
Lamar " Sasha ???? "
Kobe " No no; SAKDA, its a Thai chick name; "
Lamar " Dude I just looked it up on my MePhone; in Thailand Sakda is a male name "
Kobe " .... "
Lamar " WTF; that's it I'm going to Miami "
Lamar " click...."

Kobe (dialing his GM) "teet-teet-teet-teet-teet"
Kobe " Mitch I want to be traded "
Mitch " Don't worry, I'm calling Jerry West "

Mr. Body
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
You're an idiot in denial, just stop.

Ah, no my wee friend. Every word is true. Bynum is overpaid. Stern is Buss's butt boy. Your team is a disgrace.

And you're on a Spurs board, moron. :downspin:

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
the machine laughs...out of fear...NBA ego's are large....

oh noes..we're scared of spurs who lost to the mavs in the first round.

:lmao

crc21209
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Nothing to see here folks...just another BS article. Nothing OFFICIAL yet.

Rogue
07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
:lol Lamar should have accepted the offer as soon as he got it from Lakers, now the Lakers are encouraged enough to bargain with his agent as no other team offers him a bigger prize than MLE. Dude intended to squezze more cash from Dr. Buss's pocket but his efforts fianlly shrivelled the contract he could have got.

Sdayi135
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
This may have been posted already but here's the article in full

BSO Exclusive: Lamar Odom To Resign With Lakers 4 years/40 Million (http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html)

Sources close to Lamar Odom have told BSO that Odom will resign with the Lakers.
Odom will sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract to stay with the champs.

The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement.

Remember where you heard it first.
As more details come in, we will update you.

*UPDATE*
Once again sources close to Lamar Odom are insisting a deal is done and is just waiting for Dr. Buss to sign off on it.

There has been reports there is no deal on the table and there are no neogiations ongoing.

But there was in fact a 3 year deal worth 30 million that was turned down Odom recently.

The only hold up is will Dr. Buss sign off on 4 year deal or will Odom accept 3 year deal.

We will have to wait and see how it all shakes out, but I would be shocked if Lamar Odom is does not resign with the Lakers.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
His arguements are valid.

Lets work out the numbers:

Say Odom get his 10 million a year. Likely he will get around 9 this season, 9.5 the next and then above 10 million the next two seasons after, so assuming Kobe signs that 2 year 50 million dollar extension this is likely how the numbers work out after this up coming season.

Kobe: 25 million
Odom: 10 million ish
Gasol: 18 million
Bynum: 14 million

Between the 4 players the Lakers have spent about 67 million dollars. It is likely a little less than that, but the Lakers also have a little over 5 million due to Luke Walton, Sasha and Artest. So lets add some more numbers

Walton: 5 million
Vujacic: 5.5 million
Artest: 6 million

That is about 83 million for 7 players. Now add the fact that after next season Fisher will be a FA and the only PG under the roster is Farmar (throw in his 3 million due to him in 2010-2011 too) and the Lakers are getting close to a 90 million dollar par role with no front court depth.

so much pointless math with a team having Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Pao Gasol, Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum. Oh Noes! no money to make a stacked team even more stacked. :rolleyes

07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
lakers trying to buy more championships with money. lets see how that turns out. they're taking on more bloated contracts than the dallas mavericks.

07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
lakerfan trying to ignore the $100+ million plus payroll they will be taking on for years to come. like the celtics, magic, spurs, and cavs, it will be all or nothing the next two years.

ginobili's bald spot
07-22-2009, 07:13 PM
lakerfan trying to ignore the $100+ million plus payroll they will be taking on for years to come. like the celtics, magic, spurs, and cavs, it will be all or nothing the next two years.

:lol ^ mad

La Peace
07-22-2009, 07:21 PM
lmao spur fans can't argue about how good the lakers are

so now they argue about how much they cost.

Personally, I dont give a fuck if Buss pays 200 million dollars, I want a fucking championship team. I know you guys are really concerned, but I am not.

07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I just compared the lakers to the rest of the championship contenders. Don't worry I gave them their props, I know how insecure lakerfan can be.

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 07:27 PM
LMAO spurfan mad.

ROFLZLOLZ you mad.

anonoftheinternets
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
We will see...

You guys have lost a lot in trasition defense with Ariza leaving. I'm not saying I am against this move of re-signing Odom now, but in two or three years Laker fans will want him gone because of his price tag. I guess it would be worth it to win now and regret later. Still you are getting too far ahead of yourselves claiming 3 titles richer.

lol i dont htink the lakes are winning shit with this team ... rest of nba has totally closed the gap this season. celts, cavs, magic, spurs are looking stronger than they have the past two years. But im glad odom has resigned, it would have been a shame to have the lakers go to lottery all over again circa 2005-2007 ..

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
The Lakers still might be favourites, but they wont be winning it by default again, unless teams cant stay healthy again. All of the major contenders have improved.

MarHill
07-22-2009, 07:41 PM
lmao spur fans can't argue about how good the lakers are

so now they argue about how much they cost.

Personally, I dont give a fuck if Buss pays 200 million dollars, I want a fucking championship team. I know you guys are really concerned, but I am not.

Actually, I agree with you even though I'm Spurs fan.

There is no one way to being a successful sports franchise. The Spurs have made it their way and the Lakers have made it their way.

All I wanted is both teams to be fully healthy this upcoming season and go at each other...because the West is coming down either one of them.

:flag:

La Peace
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
They are the defending champs, there is no doubt they will be playing in the second round to the Finals next season (pending injuries), but what Laker fans seem to be ignoring is that there are no decent back up bigs and the money issues will keep them from signing free agents or making trades.

And on paper the basic trade of Artest for Ariza makes the Lakers better but there are a lot of positives and negatives to losing and gaining those players.

I don't think Artest's personality will be an issue, but he is on and off when he shoots, but he still shoots. He will have times where Laker fans are dancing with him hitting a lot of shots and then there will be times Laker fans hit their heads against the wall because he will miss a lot of shots and just keep shooting. Then the Lakers also lose a player who can make athletic plays and guard positions 1/2/3, but they gain a tough minded defender who can guard the 2/3.

I could go on and on, but unlike the Spurs it is not a 100% sure thing the Lakers got better, but it is a sure sure thing that the Lakers can still condend.
I am not going to argue that it is not 100% sure that the Lakers got better because nobody knows until the games are played.
But It seems like you are only weighing Artest's negatives with Ariza's positives. Which is okay. But it's not going to make me forget how injury prone (concussion this yr, broken foot last) and inconsistent Ariza was during the season in large part due to his style of play that we all covet. And he is not a great transition defender, Odom is our best transition defender by far. He is a top notch perimeter defender though, trust me. But I won't go on.

If we don't sign odom then yes I agree with your back up bigs point. But if we do then I feel its a moot point. If you want to compare the Lakers with the Spurs then you can also say the Lakers 100% have enough to get to the finals, and you can't say the same about the Spurs yet. There is still Denver. The spurs have a lot to prove this year and the Lakers just need to meet status quo.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Spurs are massively overrated right now.

Russ
07-22-2009, 07:55 PM
This may have been posted already but here's the article in full

BSO Exclusive: Lamar Odom To Resign With Lakers 4 years/40 Million (http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html)

Sources close to Lamar Odom have told BSO that Odom will resign with the Lakers.
Odom will sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract to stay with the champs.

The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement.

Remember where you heard it first.
As more details come in, we will update you.

John Ireland (Laker sideline reporter) says on local LA radio that this report is absolutely false. He says he has three sources within the Lakers that deny it completely.

For what it's worth.

mavsfan1000
This really sucks if this is true.

bostonguy
As solid of a player Ariza was, Artest>>>>>>>Ariza and it isnt even close. Ariza thrived in the system and having open 3's due to the attention Gasol/Bryant got. Artest can guard the stronger players which is huge. He adds more toughness to the team. He can also create his O much better than Trevor could. Yeah he may have his times when he is off but the Lakers can live with that. Ron isnt going to ball hog and kill the O. I dont see Phil letting Ron doing that.

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Someone needs to edit the misleading thread title and put a ? at the end.

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Spurs are massively overrated right now.

How so.

cobbler
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM

Yeah life is rough for the Lakers and Laker fans All the Odom talks... teams interested or not... should Miami get him... should Portland take a shot... etc etc

...all for our 6th man! :lol

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah life is rough for the Lakers and Laker fans All the Odom talks... teams interested or not... should Miami get him... should Portland take a shot... etc etc

...all for our 6th man! :lol

6th man....3rd best player.

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Spurs are massively overrated because people are assuming Duncan and Ginobili will play like they did 3-4 years ago. They are older and more injury prone than they once were and that will have an effect on them in the '10 season. Furthermore, they simply aren't capable of dominating the way they did in their primes.

The Lakers are still entirely in their primes. The team they have, assuming Odom resigns, is definitely good enough to contend for the next 3-4 seasons. You give me a healthy Bynum and a more experienced Shannon Brown and I love our chances next season. The Lakers have never had any issue taking down the Spurs, and now that the talent levels are lopsided in the Laker's favor I really am not worried about the Spurs. Not anymore so than I would compared to the Nuggets.

The only teams I legitimately am worried about are Boston and Cleveland.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 08:14 PM
The Spurs have a lot of wild cards. Haislip, Ian, Hairston, Blair's gme traslating to the NBA. Manu's health seems to be alright (6 months off can do that to you) but you never know. If those wild cards step up and work out then the Spurs are fine, but if they do not then the Spurs still have a beastly combo of Parker, Duncan and Jefferson.

I give the Spurs the "offseason winners" title at this point in time, but they still need to have their unproven players show what they can do.

That's what I meant, I sense its a foregone conclusion that they're the 2nd best team in the WEst. but I think the jurys still out on that, and pends on those "wild cards"

lets not start sucking each others dicks yet :lol

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
The Spurs have a lot of wild cards. Haislip, Ian, Hairston, Blair's gme traslating to the NBA. Manu's health seems to be alright (6 months off can do that to you) but you never know. If those wild cards step up and work out then the Spurs are fine, but if they do not then the Spurs still have a beastly combo of Parker, Duncan and Jefferson.

I give the Spurs the "offseason winners" title at this point in time, but they still need to have their unproven players show what they can do.

Well i think hes questions the Spurs status as a contender. To me, adding Jefferson, Manu and McDyess to a 55 win team, while losing nothing, takes that team to contender status.

I just wanted to hear the Mav fan reasoning :lol.

La Peace
07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
while losing nothing

Bowen, Kurt Thomas.

Weren't Spur fans arguing just this year that Bowen is still a lock down defender?

Not arguing. I am just saying.

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
So the Lakers core will not slip at all over the next 3-4 years? Kobe will have the same athleticism 4 years from now?

Also, where is this slippage from Ginobili? You can say injury prone, but not that his production has slipped. Look at the numbers per minute. Last year when he played, he was as good as the season before which happened to be his best statistically.

cobbler
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM

Buss has the money. Unlike a lot of owners, hes willing to poney up to win. With those wins come multiple years deep in the playoffs and millions in revenue. If Dr. Buss is willy to pay the luxury tax... I am most willing to let him. Those years to come you speak of will be spent garnering championships.

Clutch City 01
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Lamar Odom will re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, coming to terms on a $40 million contract over four years, according to sources close to the forward.
The deal will likely be consummated when owner Dr. Jerry Buss returns from vacation in Hawaii.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60732/20090722/report_odom_agrees_to_terms_with_lakers/

TheManFromAcme
07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
We will see...

You guys have lost a lot in trasition defense with Ariza leaving. I'm not saying I am against this move of re-signing Odom now, but in two or three years Laker fans will want him gone because of his price tag. I guess it would be worth it to win now and regret later. Still you are getting too far ahead of yourselves claiming 3 titles richer.

Can't argue with you on that Phila. Lamar produced enough this season to justify all this fanfare for him. It wasn't long ago (umm, '08)) that a huge chunk of my beloved Laker fan base wanted Lamar O-U-T. And when I say OUT, I MEAN get him on the next train out of here. Archived threads at LG.net will substantiate this.

With that said, as a owner you always want to win NOW.
Hopefully we see the fruits of this next year. :toast

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
The only teams I legitimately am worried about are Boston and Cleveland.

I think you would handle the Cavs pretty well. Yeah they got Shaq, but they dont have enough versatility to beat the Lakers 4 times. You NEED that if you want to have a realistic chance to eliminate the Lakers.

duncan228
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60732/20090722/report_odom_agrees_to_terms_with_lakers/

RealGM links to the same piece from Black Sports Online that the first post does.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 08:23 PM

Their source is from the OBS report, which I'm pretty sure is bullshit. It doesn't make sense for Buss to give Lamar 40 million, it just doesn't.

siraulo23
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
U 'suck' lamar

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Bowen, Kurt Thomas.

Weren't Spur fans arguing just this year that Bowen is still a lock down defender?

Not arguing. I am just saying.

Personally i thought he had something to offer, as did a few others - but Pop just wouldnt play him. If Michael Finley is getting 30 MPG, then its pretty much a given that Pop was done with Bowen.

Kurt Thomas could not play with Duncan - too slow.

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 08:27 PM
If you're a Laker fan you don't really give a shit about the team's future beyond Kobe Bryant. That's too far ahead to worry about. When you've got a championship team you cash in all your chips and get as many championships as you can.

We'll worry about the post-Kobe Lakers when that time comes, but it's not like the Lakers haven't been in that situation before.

cobbler
07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Spurs could have contended, but with tons of injuries plauging the Spurs they dropped out.

This season will be amazing. I predict that it will be a 6 team race for the championship, with the Blazers, Clippers, and Thunder rising up and fighting of the title of "best young team/the future contenders" while other teams will have drama of their star players leaving in 2010 (D-Wade, Bosh and Amare).

Rarely do I care more about "the story" than "the game" but this year it will be great. The old team that finally looked down and out and ready to rebuild instead reloaded. The biggest market for contenders comes back with nearly the same roster ready to repeat. LeBron will team up with Shaq. The magic gain one of the most exciting players in the past 10 years. The Celtics added key players.

It will certainly be a fun year.

I love how you waver if the Lakers improved or not over a one player change due to different styles and team chemistry etc and yet flatly say the Spurs reloaded. The Lakers have a much better chance of staying at their current level and most definely have a shot at improving. Artest is much better than Ariza. Let's be real. The Spurs have to incorporate several players and you have no clue how that can or will work out.

Adding Shaq to Cleveland isnt a given improvement. Carter to the Magic and Wallace to the Celts isn't either. Let's talk after some games have been played and team chemisty developed. Everyone brings up Artests mindset yet no mention of those 3 and their irratic behaviour over the years. Clearly, the Lakers have much less risk.

TheManFromAcme
07-22-2009, 08:35 PM
If you're a Laker fan you don't really give a shit about the team's future beyond Kobe Bryant. That's too far ahead to worry about. When you've got a championship team you cash in all your chips and get as many championships as you can.

We'll worry about the post-Kobe Lakers when that time comes, but it's not like the Lakers haven't been in that situation before.

Your right Doc.

Somehow, someway, the Lakers always persevere. :toast

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I love how you waver if the Lakers improved or not over a one player change due to different styles and team chemistry etc and yet flatly say the Spurs reloaded. The Lakers have a much better chance of staying at their current level and most definely have a shot at improving. Artest is much better than Ariza. Let's be real. The Spurs have to incorporate several players and you have no clue how that can or will work out.

Adding Shaq to Cleveland isnt a given improvement. Carter to the Magic and Wallace to the Celts isn't either. Let's talk after some games have been played and team chemisty developed. Everyone brings up Artests mindset yet no mention of those 3 and their irratic behaviour over the years. Clearly, the Lakers have much less risk.

Because Ariza was perfect for what the Laker's needed. Shoot the open 3, play defense hustle. Plus he was excellent on the break. Individually, Artest is the better play no doubt - but guys like Odom, Gasol and Bynum struggle to get enough shots as it is for their efficiency. The Laker team doesnt really need any more offense or playmaking. Artest's main strength offensively is probably in the post against smaller SF's, so do you think its smart if they take more shots away from the big 3 to give to Artest - where he isnt efficient to start with.

Thats the risk you take. Not to mention the mental problems, but i think hes past all that.

Its impossible not to improve when your replacing Michael Finley and Matt Bonner, regardless of who it is - the Spurs just happen to be getting two great fits in Jefferson and McDyess. Not to mention what a healthy Manu will add.

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:42 PM
It doesnt mean the Spurs will be better, but did they improve more? Hell yeah, because they had alot more room for imnprovement.

rayray2k8
07-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh come on! RealGM is just reporting what that other site is saying.
Yahoo, ESPN and the rest of the sports media world isn't even acknowledging this story.
The 4 year 40 million dollar deal sounds too simple.
Just make up your mind already! We all know you want to go back to L.A. :lol

cobbler
07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Because Ariza was perfect for what the Laker's needed. Shoot the open 3, play defense hustle. Plus he was excellent on the break. Individually, Artest is the better play no doubt - but guys like Odom, Gasol and Bynum struggle to get enough shots as it is for their efficiency. The Laker team doesnt really need any more offense or playmaking. Artest's main strength offensively is probably in the post against smaller SF's, so do you think its smart if they take more shots away from the big 3 to give to Artest - where he isnt efficient to start with.

Thats the risk you take. Not to mention the mental problems, but i think hes past all that.

Its impossible not to improve when your replacing Michael Finley and Matt Bonner, regardless of who it is - the Spurs just happen to be getting two great fits in Jefferson and McDyess. Not to mention what a healthy Manu will add.

I dont think they will be taking any shots away from the big 3. Artest will get the shots Ariza got and you will see guys like Sasha get less time and shots. Where they gain is in defense. While Ariza was a good perimeter defender in closing out passing lanes, he was easily beat by stronger players who took it inside such as Carmelo. Artest is much better there. I guess we will see... It's going to be an interesting yer. I just hope all the players on all the teams can stay healthy!

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Where's your avatar from rayray?

cobbler
07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Where's your avatar from rayray?

Gotta be the jeffersons! Movin on up!

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I dont think they will be taking any shots away from the big 3. Artest will get the shots Ariza got and you will see guys like Sasha get less time and shots. Where they gain is in defense. While Ariza was a good perimeter defender in closing out passing lanes, he was easily beat by stronger players who took it inside such as Carmelo. Artest is much better there. I guess we will see... It's going to be an interesting yer. I just hope all the players on all the teams can stay healthy!

If Bynum is going to come anywhere near his contract in terms of worth, he will need more than 8 shots to do that. More importantly, can Artest live with only 6-8 shots? He's never had to do that before in his career, plus hes known to be a bit of a gunner....

But if Artest does willingly take on the Ariza role, and can do it efficiently, than the Lakers obviously have a great shot at getting better.

cobbler
07-22-2009, 09:07 PM
If Bynum is going to come anywhere near his contract in terms of worth, he will need more than 8 shots to do that. More importantly, can Artest live with only 6-8 shots? He's never had to do that before in his career, plus hes known to be a bit of a gunner....

But if Artest does willingly take on the Ariza role, and can do it efficiently, than the Lakers obviously have a great shot at getting better.

I think the Lakers will use Artest much more with the 2nd unit as well since he can create his own shot. Lamar and Kobe had to to be there even when Ariza was playing with the 2nd unit for creative purposes. He will get his shots. I don't think the Lakers have any issues with offense and Artes makes them better defensively. Of course, this is all conjecture until they actually play some games. :lol

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 09:09 PM
They'll have more room to maneuver than the Spurs. Lmao at RJ making 14m next year

The Lakers front line is full of tradeable assets to go along with a 7m expiring contract + some trade exceptions.

Meanwhile, the Spurs bigs are either over the hill, have no ACLs or would rather choose to suck multitudes of cock instead of getting married to a female.

Didnt Odom get paid 14 milion for the past couple years LMAO

siraulo23
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
so is this news confirmed or not?

iggypop123
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM
didnt odom get paid 14 milion for the past couple years lmao

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Probably not, Don't see anything on RealGm or nba.com

Wombatzu
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM

the "update" from the original source was pretty weak... almost backtracking.

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
No it is just a rumor. Could be true, but that is not the point. All speculation still.

IronMexican
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
He just needs t make up his mind. This whole thing is getting annoying.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Forget getting, this shit's been annoying for about two weeks now.

IronMexican
07-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow sons! Manny Ramirezz! Did any other Dodger fans witness that? Easily one of the 5 most badass things this year.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow sons! Manny Ramirezz! Did any other Dodger fans witness that? Easily one of the 5 most badass things this year.

One of the most non scripted, scripted moments I've ever seen. Cheater or not Manny is a fucking badass! Dodger stadium was going ape shit! I wish I was there.

DAF86
07-22-2009, 11:37 PM

What happened?

La Peace
07-22-2009, 11:38 PM
A nasty Grand Slam

Culburn369
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM

:wgaf:

As long as he comes back, it's temporal.

IronMexican
07-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Raiders are going 10 and 6 son.

Anyways, that Manny thing. So badass. Bases loaded and he come up to pinch hit, the fans are obviously gooing crazy. Vin Scully gives off Manny's PH stats and the opposing pitchers stats vs RHB. Furst pitch and he wacks it out. Manny got 2 curtain calls.

KSeal
07-23-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-lamar-odom23-2009jul23,0,5117681.story

This is great news. Doesn't say anything about them agreeing on anything yet but a reliable source in the LA times says they are negotiating again. That was my fear that Buss wouldn't even give Lamar another offer, hope this gets done soon.

La Peace
07-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Jeff Garcia FTW

hater
07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
talk about premature ejaculation

Brazil
07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
not official yet ?

ducks
07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Raiders are going 10 and 6 son.

Anyways, that Manny thing. So badass. Bases loaded and he come up to pinch hit, the fans are obviously gooing crazy. Vin Scully gives off Manny's PH stats and the opposing pitchers stats vs RHB. Furst pitch and he wacks it out. Manny got 2 curtain calls.

kenny griffy jr
came up pitch hitting hit the game winning homerun
more amazing then manny with steriods a homerun

benefactor
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
lol source. They said that Odom and Buss came to an agreement day before yesterday and we still have no official work from anyone. Fail.

iggypop123
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
black sports online. i dont know what that is but that was the source. it was to be expected. its like if a san antonio radio show reported odom had signed with a team as breaking news.... oh wait they did and they got it wrong too

KSeal
07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm just happy the Lakers and Odom have started talking again. You know Lamar wants to be their and now it's clear the Lakers still want him, something should get worked out. BSO online does stand for Bullshit Online after all.

Culburn369
07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Methinks Odom returning is imminent!