PDA

View Full Version : Lamar to re-sign with LA Lakers

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
According to Realgm http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60732/20090722/report_odom_agrees_to_terms_with_lakers/#

looks like it will be 4 yrs at 40 mil. The Lakers gave him what he wanted, big surprise..

duncan228
07-22-2009, 06:26 PM
RealGM's link is to Black Sports Online. There's a thread about in the NBA Forum, no one seems too sure how reliable the info is.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131850

Sources close to Lamar Odom have told BSO that Odom will resign with the Lakers.

Odom will sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract to stay with the champs.

The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement.

Remember where you heard it first.

As more details come in, we will update you.

*UPDATE*

Once again sources close to Lamar Odom are insisting a deal is done and is just waiting for Dr. Buss to sign off on it.

There has been reports there is no deal on the table and there are no neogiations ongoing.

But there was in fact a 3 year deal worth 30 million that was turned down Odom recently.

The only hold up is will Dr. Buss sign off on 4 year deal or will Odom accept 3 year deal.

We will have to wait and see how it all shakes out, but I would be shocked if Lamar Odom is does not resign with the Lakers.

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html

EmantheSpursFan
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
oh well i want to take on the lakers full strength
I really believe in this group of guys

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM
oh well i want to take on the lakers full strength
I really believe in this group of guys

I would like to see the Spurs take down the Lakers with Lamar Odom, no excuses then.

SenorSpur
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
What a shock! Did anyone really believe he was leaving LA, despite the supposed offers from Miami and the phone calls from D-Wade?

As far as I'm concerned, that's just fine.

Bring on the Fakers!

K-State Spur
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
What a shock! Did anyone really believe he was leaving LA, despite the supposed offers from Miami and the phone calls from D-Wade?

Bring on the Fakers!

even further, did anybody really believe LA's tough guy act with pulling their offer?

vander
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
:lol at the "rather play them at full strength" and "no excuses" and what not
are you sure they are worthy opponents now? the PG position is a little weak, I'd feel better if they shored that up with a Chris Paul or Deron Williams or something, and that bench, they need help there, maybe if they would have signed Turkaglu, only then would victory over them be significant :lol

TimDunkem
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I wish it was raining, but no really, no one gives a fuck. :sleep

DesignatedT
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
It must be raining hot piss in San Antonio right now. lol

actually it seems like were on a 2 year drought and have a heat index of about 107

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I am not sure why hot piss would ever rain down from the heavens, but if you could inform me that would be awesome. You would be cooler than David Copperfield. Is that intended as a negative remark? Note to self: Raining hot piss is a manifestation of disappointment. Learn something new everyday.

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM

Hey Lakaluva, it seems like your man Buss got toyed around by Odom and his manager.

urunobili
07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
awesome i wouldn't like any excuses... :tu

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
After negotiations.... or is his immune system breaking down? You be the judge.
http://bauergriffinonline.com/80213_BUSS_J.jpg

FkLA
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM

Noone expected Odom to leave. Lakers still have weaknesses that the Spurs can easily exploit, the WCFs are going to be great next season.

DMX7
07-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Not at 10 million. You guys overpaid.

iggypop123
07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
id love to see the spurs lakers healthy. the only time where it was relatively close was during the shootout even with the lakers undermanned. thast the best shot of seeing both teams play their best when one wasnt at their full strength. im hoping that the addition of talent and lack of injuries doesnt take away from a shootout

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM

Yes they did, glad we are not Lakers fans. Lamar has made a lot of money not being a franchise player, talk about capitalizing on potential.

dbestpro
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM

You forgot to add in the tax. 15 mil per year is the cost of Odom. It looks like the Spurs have Lakers ownership good and scared.

FkLA
07-22-2009, 07:10 PM

They did overpay but it doesnt really matter, thats a piece LA needed regardless of the cost...without Odom their bench wouldve been shit. We're overpaying for Jefferson as well but it puts us into contention so that is irrelevant just as LA overpaying Odom is irrelevant.

Like I said, the WCFs will be fun next year.

dbestpro
07-22-2009, 07:12 PM
They did overpay but it doesnt really matter, thats a piece LA needed regardless of the cost...without Odom their bench wouldve been shit. We're overpaying for Jefferson as well but it puts us into contention so that is irrelevant just as LA overpaying Odom is irrelevant.

Like I said, the WCFs will be fun next year.

At least Jefferson will start.

FkLA
07-22-2009, 07:16 PM
At least Jefferson will start.

For an extra $4 mill/yr...but that is besides the point. Bottom line is Odom keeps LA on par with the other big dogs (Bos, Cle, SA, Orl), if they wouldve lost him they may have dropped off a tier considering how horrible their bench is when u subtract Odom.

Jefferson made us legit again, Odom keeps LA legit...who cares if theyre being overpaid.

Spursmania
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Congrats Lakers, no excuse when we kick your asses:toast

iggypop123
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
You forgot to add in the tax. 15 mil per year is the cost of Odom. It looks like the Spurs have Lakers ownership good and scared.

do the math correctly buddy

benefactor
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
lol RealGM posting info from a trash source.

MarHill
07-22-2009, 07:36 PM

Why would Spurs fan be?

Everyone knew....that Odom was going to re-sign with the Lakers. And he should!!!

The Lakers need him and he needs the Lakers. Its an excellent fit.

Plus, we Spurs fans want the Spurs to beat the Lakers at full strength next season.

:flag:

MarHill
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
id love to see the spurs lakers healthy. the only time where it was relatively close was during the shootout even with the lakers undermanned. thast the best shot of seeing both teams play their best when one wasnt at their full strength. im hoping that the addition of talent and lack of injuries doesnt take away from a shootout

Uh...both teams in 2003 were healthy!!

And the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq!!!

I agree that I want both teams to be fully healthy. I'm looking forward to it next season.

Seventyniner
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm surprised that the Lakers caved to that extent. Odom wouldn't take $36M/4 yrs., but took this. I thought they'd meet in the middle ($38M). $2M doesn't seem like much compared to these amounts, but that's still money that could be used elsewhere.

This makes me wonder what the Lakers' next move is. The starters are great, but the bench outside of Odom still seems weak to me. Then again, outside of Manu, the Spurs don't have much proven production off the bench.

Edit: Crunching the numbers:

Year 1 $8,639,309, year 2 $9,546,436, year 3 $10,453,563, year 4 $11,360,692.

Lakers' team salary for 2009-2010 is now $93,253,041 for 14 players. The cost of keeping a championship team together. By comparison...

Spurs: $79M, 14 players
Cavs: $80M, 13 players (assuming the Heat don't match on Moon)
Magic: $80M, 12 players (including Barnes)
Celtics: $79M, 12 players

It takes massive spending to keep up at the top of today's NBA. I suppose Holt (et al) realized this. The Spurs' total salaries last year were around $68M.

vander
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm surprised that the Lakers caved to that extent. Odom wouldn't take $36M/4 yrs., but took this. I thought they'd meet in the middle ($38M). $2M doesn't seem like much compared to these amounts, but that's still money that could be used elsewhere.

This makes me wonder what the Lakers' next move is. The starters are great, but the bench outside of Odom still seems weak to me. Then again, outside of Manu, the Spurs don't have much proven production off the bench.

Edit: Crunching the numbers:

Year 1 $8,639,309, year 2 $9,546,436, year 3 $10,453,563, year 4 $11,360,692.

Lakers' team salary for 2009-2010 is now $93,253,041 for 14 players. The cost of keeping a championship team together. By comparison...

Spurs: $79M, 14 players
Cavs: $80M, 13 players (assuming the Heat don't match on Moon)
Magic: $80M, 12 players (including Barnes)
Celtics: $79M, 12 players

It takes massive spending to keep up at the top of today's NBA. I suppose Holt (et al) realized this. The Spurs' total salaries last year were around $68M.

it's expensive for SA right now because TD is twice the price and half the value as when he was 27 or so.

imagine if SA would have been spending 70+ mill when TD was making 12, Manu 8, and TP 10 :wow:wow:wow

Danny.Zhu
07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I would like to see the Spurs take down the Lakers with Lamar Odom, no excuses then.

Even if they don't have LO, they have no excuse either. Lakers salary 84m, Spurs 77m.

Spursmania
07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm just glad this Lamar Odom shit is over.

vander
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Even if they don't have LO, they have no excuse either. Lakers salary 84m, Spurs 77m.

:tu

Seventyniner
07-22-2009, 08:57 PM

That's $84M without Odom; ~$93M with.

The Lakers are becoming the Yankees lite. They're both very polarizing: it seems that everyone either loves them or hates them. They're also willing (and able) to outspend others. The Lakers can't do it to the Yankees extent, though, due to the salary cap.

Remember that the Mavs, Blazers, and Knicks used to be the huge spenders, and none of them made much noise. But it seems now that a great organization and coach aren't enough; you need to spend a lot too.

Russ
07-22-2009, 09:01 PM
According to Realgm http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60732/20090722/report_odom_agrees_to_terms_with_lakers/#

looks like it will be 4 yrs at 40 mil. The Lakers gave him what he wanted, big surprise..

John Ireland (Laker sideline reporter) says on local LA radio that this report is absolutely false. He says he has three sources within the Lakers that deny it completely.

He confirms that even the Lakers' 3 year $30 million offer is off the table and there is no indication that it is coming back. Buss thinks he can win without Odom (even if the odds go down, it's still possible).

For what it's worth.

phyzik
07-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Good, now Lakers fans can stop being so hysterical trying to defend their teams status on this website. We will see your bitch asses in the WCF and make Kobe and D. Fisher cry again.

SteelerNation
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Dont know where this came from. Its not true. I'm hearing Lamar is gone. He has agreed to the Miami deal basically...the only thing holding it up is other teams coming after him for the MLE and promising more money in endorsements.(like the New Jersey Nets)

phxspurfan
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
actually it seems like were on a 2 year drought and have a heat index of about 107

Heat index...lol

SA is the only place I ever lived that made that crap up

Russ
07-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Here is a more reliable account:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-lamar-odom23-2009jul23,0,5117681.story

Baseline
07-23-2009, 02:48 AM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-lamar-odom23-2009jul23,0,5117681.story

Unbelievable. These morons are sweating paying Odom 10 mil a year, when they're about to sign an extension with 31-yr-old Bryant which will average 26.8 mil a year?

Bryant is not worth that on any planet. His body will start breaking down around February, and will not stop breaking down for the entirety of that 134 million extension.

I love it. They're overpaying Bynum, Bryant, Vujacic, and Walton. I actually think Lamar is worth 10 million.

Danny.Zhu
07-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Unbelievable. These morons are sweating paying Odom 10 mil a year, when they're about to sign an extension with 31-yr-old Bryant which will average 26.8 mil a year?

Bryant is not worth that on any planet. His body will start breaking down around February, and will not stop breaking down for the entirety of that 134 million extension.

I love it. They're overpaying Bynum, Bryant, Vujacic, and Walton. I actually think Lamar is worth 10 million.

MJ was a lot older than Kobe and still won a lot of champions. Don't underestimate our current #1 enemy in the West.

crc21209
07-23-2009, 03:56 AM

The main points of that article are that Odom and the Lakers are "resuming talks". Not come to a deal YET. And that the offer may have even gone down some:

Lamar Odom and Lakers resume talks

Is the table being set again?

A week after the Lakers pulled a pair of contract offers to Lamar Odom off the table, the sides resumed talks Wednesday.

The discussions were labeled productive, but there was nothing to report "at the moment," according to a source familiar with negotiations who was not authorized to comment publicly.

It didn't look great last week for Odom's return to the Lakers after the franchise yanked its offers of three years and $30 million or four years and $36 million, with the fourth year only partially guaranteed.

But the sides began communicating in a more positive light Wednesday. Financial details were not immediately available, though the Lakers were not expected to have improved their initial offers. If anything, the offers might have dropped slightly.

Odom, who will be 30 in November, was a key part of the Lakers' championship run, and his teammates, including Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher, have unilaterally expressed a desire for his return.

On the other hand, the Lakers are conscious about veering too far into luxury-tax territory. They have already allocated $83.8 million to 12 players next season, which would mean an additional luxury-tax penalty of $13.9 million.

Last season, the Lakers' payroll was $78.2 million and they paid an additional $7.2 million in luxury taxes.

If the Lakers don't get Odom, their options are slim other than a trade. They can sign a veteran forward for about $1 million. They also must decide by Aug. 1 whether to bring back seldom-used guard Sun Yue for $736,000 next season. The Lakers have also considered forward Shelden Williams.

The Lakers have used both spending tools given to teams that are over the salary cap -- the "mid-level exception" of $5.8 million next season was spent on Ron Artest and the "bi-annual exception" of $2 million next season was given to reserve guard Shannon Brown, who re-signed with the team for two years and $4.2 million.

Odom was on the Lakers' books for $14.1 million last season, but will obviously have to take a pay cut. The Miami Heat has expressed interest in him, though the cap-strapped team could offer only a mid-level deal worth $34 million.

The Lakers took their offers to Odom off the table last week after learning he was engaging in discussions with the Heat.

The Lakers will wait until the Odom situation is resolved before signing Bryant to a contract extension.

Bryant will get $23 million next season and is expected to receive an extension on top of it that would pay him $134 million to $138 million over the next five seasons, depending on salary-cap figures to be determined in July 2011. Bryant will be 31 next month.

SenorSpur
07-23-2009, 07:29 AM

If his arrogant actions in the Odom negotiations weren't enough, then these photos are certainly proof positive that Buss has been "smelling his own urine". :lol

BTW, the feminine handbag is a nice touch, too.

raspsa
07-23-2009, 08:53 AM
We should be more interested in what's happening with the Spurs rather than what our opponents are doing. Not that we posters can influence either in any way. I too am glad the issue appears to be settled and we can move on to other more interesting Spurs topics.

lennyalderette
07-24-2009, 12:40 AM
you know what? its always goin to be something with the lakers, but hopefully the both of us are healthy, timmy and ginobili 100%, bynum and the lakers too and we just battle it out like old times. i love the lakers as an enemy they are the exact opposite of us. and its just a bad ass intense battle when both teams go at it, thats what makes the nba what it is. im just glad the men in black are stacked this year get ready for history spurs fans!!!!! Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!! oh by the way this is my first real post been reading what the fellow fans have posted, good energy in here!!:lobt2:

peskypesky
07-24-2009, 12:45 AM

me too. i think we have the firepower.

Mr. Body
07-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Man, Buss looks like an old queen.

Spurm
07-24-2009, 02:55 AM
With or without Lamar the spurms didn't have a chance against the Lakers...what is the big deal??

These fucks are overrated...

Chillen
07-24-2009, 03:02 AM
I want to see the Lakers either repeat or get beat at full-strength in 2010. So this is good news. With that lineup if they f*ck it up and don't repeat that would be one hell of a choke job.

Let them go out and prove they aren't a 1 hit wonder. I think the Spurs have enough firepower to make them work for it, if they meet a healthy Celtics team they will have tons of trouble. Won't be easy.

Mr. Body
07-24-2009, 03:06 AM
It's the same team the Celtics crushed the year before. No reason someone won't do it again.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-24-2009, 03:21 AM
It's the same team the Celtics crushed the year before. No reason someone won't do it again.

http://i27.tinypic.com/4htste.jpg

say it aint so! :nope

Mr. Body
07-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Artest has never won anything in his life. Not even a fist fight. :lol

johngateswhiteley
07-24-2009, 03:49 AM
MJ was a lot older than Kobe and still won a lot of champions. Don't underestimate our current #1 enemy in the West.

kobe has a lot more mileage on him than jordan did at 31. that being said, underestimate no one.

spurspokesman
07-24-2009, 07:11 AM

Bring on the Fakers!

Yup. Head up or shut up. No excuses for either side.:ihit

CaptainLate
07-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
7 hours, 26 minutes ago

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat’s contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

“It’s close, but it’s not done,” said one source.

Lakers officials and Odom’s representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team’s owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers’ previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat or take a four-year contract that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, who will turn 30 on Nov. 6, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season – the only season in his 10-year career that he didn’t spend in Los Angeles – and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom’s departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference’s other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers’ run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom’s length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.

slick'81
07-25-2009, 11:42 PM
lord their might be hope after all

EricB
07-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Looks like my source was right

Knoxxx
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
lord their might be hope after all

It seems like the Lakes are hell bent on screwing this up, doesn't it?

Spursmania
07-26-2009, 12:09 AM
It seems like the Lakes are hell bent on screwing this up, doesn't it?

Yes, it does. It's pretty unbelievable to me.

Knoxxx
07-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, it does. It's pretty unbelievable to me.

Definitely been a "don't count your chickens deal" the whole way. Come on fat lady, start singing...

Frenzy
07-26-2009, 01:02 AM
why don't the lakers just over pay... they should be use to that by now.

Knoxxx
07-26-2009, 01:12 AM
why don't the lakers just over pay... they should be use to that by now.

Maybe the economy is even catching up to them, after all Magic has those high medical bills.

raspsa
07-26-2009, 10:12 PM
If Buss is really offering even less money now than before he pulled his offer, then I can understand if LO gets upset and signs with the Heat. Sure Buss is in a stronger bargaining position but the longer this drags on the less likely LO returns to LA. People do the funniest things when their pride is offended. That applies to both Buss and Odom.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
I really wanted Odom on the Lakers. But, at this point, I just want him to make up his mind. I really am not even sure if I want to see him on the Lakers. He never played up to his potential or contract value before February this year. It would be a huge loss for the Lakers, but at this point, I could care less. Make up your damn mind and sign with someone already.

Spursmania
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm so tired of drama queen Odom:lol

exstatic
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
kobe has a lot more mileage on him than jordan did at 31. that being said, underestimate no one.

Kobe has more mileage than Duncan, a fact that escapes most Laker fans. His NBA age is really about 34-35, in traditional terms of when a player came out and how many years of NBA pounding they've taken.

my2sons
07-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Yup. Head up or shut up. No excuses for either side.:ihit

nope, but he did manage to get that 10mil/year that buss said he would never pay

exstatic
07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
It doesn't show. Duncan can barely make it through the season. Kobe is out saving the country in the Olympics from the Duncan led 2004 Olympic team fuck-up/ debacle, and following that up with two back to back title appearances, all while logging more minutes than any player in history in a two year span, something Duncan has never and will never do.

It will show, and soon. Kobe's game style, and all of those logged minutes makes that a certainty.

Duncan didn't select the dysfunctional 2004 roster, and Kobe damn sure didn't set up USA Basketball's new 3 year commitment plan that resulted in a stable coherent team. You give both too much credit and blame where it doesn't belong...oh, that's right...I forgot, you're a Laker fan.

bishopospurs
07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Come on Lamar head to the other coast! I wouldn't surprised if Lamar to the heat was his agent trying to pressure the Lakers FO

Sean Cagney
07-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm just saying, Duncan was the MVP that year and let our country down. They had the better team and Duncan failed to lead them to the gold. Accept that, dont come back with shit, just take it.

Kobe losing his athleticism will only enhance his game further. It will force him to take smarter shots, and to use his teammates more often. He has the best mid-range in the game and that's not going anywhere for a while. The best of Kobe is yet to come.
You thought the 04 Olympic team was the better team? HAHHAHAHA Yeah. If you say so. All your posts are pretty much dumb man.

Last years Olympic team had an older and more mature Wade and Bron, that ALONE there >>>>>>> 04 team. They had RJ and Odom in 04 too right? Good lord on an Olympic team? Marbury too and Ivy? Not team players at all. Last years team was alot better, are you serious?

Duncan couldn't lead that team to gold indeed, but they did not help him out at all with their non three shooting team which did not fit Fiba, they packed the lane and they had no shooters.

Why was Kobe not on that 04 team if he was so damn bad? Would they have won it all then?

daslicer
07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Kobe has more mileage than Duncan, a fact that escapes most Laker fans. His NBA age is really about 34-35, in traditional terms of when a player came out and how many years of NBA pounding they've taken.

I have an interesting theory that I have come up with I call it the 15 year superstar status theory. At best most players have only 15 year window in which they can maintain being a superstar in the league and in most cases they don't make it that far lasting as a superstar. For example Patrick Ewing was drafted in '85 so add plus 15 and fastforward to 2000 and you can see clearly by that point of time Ewing had lost his status as a superstar and was merely an above average player. Shaq drafted in '92 plus 15 = '07 and we all know Shaq in '07 was garbage and at that point of time was no longer a superstar. You can do this even with MJ he was drafted in '84 so add plus 15 you go to '99 obvioulsy he didn't play but when he cameback he was still an all-star player but not a superstar. With Kobe do '96 plus 15 and it equals 2011 which is the year I predict Kobe will no longer be a superstar but still an all-star calibur player. In reality the Lakers window is a lot smaller then what most people would believe it is.

bishopospurs
07-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Let me put a disclaimer before I say what I will say, I hate the Lakers. However, trying to guess when Kobe will be ineffective is down right impossible. Jordan was still scoring 20 points a game and 6 boards a game in 02-03, he was 40 at the time, Ewing was out of the league completely by that age. Jordan was a freak, he could hit fade jumpers all day and play technically precise. Kobe turns 31 next month, I understand he skipped college, but I am afraid he has at the least 5 years of being great left in the tank. Peopl here want Bowen back at 38, so I hate to admit it, but we will be seeing Kobe come playoff time for some years to come.

daslicer
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Let me put a disclaimer before I say what I will say, I hate the Lakers. However, trying to guess when Kobe will be ineffective is down right impossible. Jordan was still scoring 20 points a game and 6 boards a game in 02-03, he was 40 at the time, Ewing was out of the league completely by that age. Jordan was a freak, he could hit fade jumpers all day and play technically precise. Kobe turns 31 next month, I understand he skipped college, but I am afraid he has at the least 5 years of being great left in the tank. Peopl here want Bowen back at 38, so I hate to admit it, but we will be seeing Kobe come playoff time for some years to come.

I didn't say he would be crap in two years but that he wouldn't be a superstar anymore. He will still be an all-star player capable of scorng 20 plus a game but he won't have a dominant impact on the game like he does now. Factor in he is gong to be playing in these intl tournaments and his body will have excessive miles on it. I just don't think he is super human that he will be able to defy biology and still be as good as he is today a few years from now.

spursfaninla
07-27-2009, 01:10 AM
I think people have a simpler analysis: I have seen threads here showing that most players physically peak at about 28. If they are able to transition to more skill and less athleticism in their game, they are able to maintain a peak level for several years after that.

I think others have noticed that bigmen tend to do well later in their careers, because so many of them rely on skills rather than athleticism-at least that was the case in past years. Perhaps the height advantage helps-blocks and rebounds just come easier with height I guess.

Anyway, Kobe will have to rely less on his athleticism soon, and that will mean a big change for him. We will see how that works for him. He might transition, he might not.

mytespurs
07-27-2009, 01:46 AM
To the Spurs fans here: anyone who would question Duncan's skills/abilities and dare to demean what he has accomplished and will accomplish in his career isn't worth arguing with...........don't waste time engaging in the nonsense!

spurspokesman
07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I wish it was raining, but no really, no one gives a fuck. :sleep
Lol. This was inevitable. Should of had a run on broadway. What a show

hater
07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
:lmao

Lakers are pathetic

Russ
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Rumors seem to be gaining steam that Odom will come back to the Lakers (even Laker pessimist John Ireland seems to think they are getting close).

Apparently the blogger below has been correct about most aspects of this up to now:

http://lakersguy.blogspot.com/

Lamar, Riley, and Wade Meet - Odom Says Thanks But No Thanks

According to sources close to the Lakers' organization, Pat Riley and Dwyane Wade from the Miami Heat formally met with Lamar Odom this afternoon to discuss their contract offer of 5 years, $34 million at the MLE. The result of their meeting was that Odom ultimately said he appreciated their offer but that he would have to decline. He reiterated his love for the city of Miami for giving him a home, and to Riley for giving him his first big contract (of which he is currently coming off of).

However, he felt his best chance to win another NBA championship would be with the Lakers, and that he felt he owed it to the city of Los Angeles to come back for another title run. Odom plans on meeting with Lakers' owner Jerry Buss later this week to finalize contract details. More to come later.

Posted by The Lakers Guy at 5:37 PM 0 comments

Duncanonu
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
He should take the minimum and come here just to piss off the Lakers. On second thought, lets beat them with him pouting on their bench.

Solid D
07-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Jerry Buss must have thrown in the 5 years supply of Gummy Bears.

Kamala
07-27-2009, 09:35 PM

Old as fuck

Kamala
07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Jerry Buss must have thrown in the 5 years supply of Gummy Bears.
Laced with hemp as well

MarHill
07-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Rumors seem to be gaining steam that Odom will come back to the Lakers (even Laker pessimist John Ireland seems to think they are getting close).

Apparently the blogger below has been correct about most aspects of this up to now:

http://lakersguy.blogspot.com/

Lamar, Riley, and Wade Meet - Odom Says Thanks But No Thanks

According to sources close to the Lakers' organization, Pat Riley and Dwyane Wade from the Miami Heat formally met with Lamar Odom this afternoon to discuss their contract offer of 5 years, $34 million at the MLE. The result of their meeting was that Odom ultimately said he appreciated their offer but that he would have to decline. He reiterated his love for the city of Miami for giving him a home, and to Riley for giving him his first big contract (of which he is currently coming off of).

However, he felt his best chance to win another NBA championship would be with the Lakers, and that he felt he owed it to the city of Los Angeles to come back for another title run. Odom plans on meeting with Lakers' owner Jerry Buss later this week to finalize contract details. More to come later.

Posted by The Lakers Guy at 5:37 PM 0 comments

Not a surprise and I hope he does stay in LA!