PDA

View Full Version : Pacers waive Jamaal Tinsley

Spurs Brazil
07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Tinsley resolution brings welcome closure
Jul 22, 2009
The press release was brief. Its impact will be profound.

The announcement Wednesday evening a resolution has been reached avoiding arbitration and allowing the Pacers to waive Jamaal Tinsley brings welcome closure for the franchise and the player.

The Pacers regain a roster spot, no trivial matter.

With the re-signing of forward Josh McRoberts Wednesday afternoon, the Pacers have 11 players under contract. That does not include second-round pick A.J. Price or veteran point guard Earl Watson, who reportedly will sign with the Pacers once he clears waivers later this week.

Tinsley can seek what he desperately needs, a fresh start in a new locale.

"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

The resolution means there will be no arbitration hearing next week and the Pacers will instead waive Tinsley. If he is not claimed during the seven-day waiver period, he will become an unrestricted free agent.

"Jamaal and I would like to thank the Pacers for working on a resolution to this and Jamaal and I are sorry things didn’t work out," said Tinsley’s agent, Raymond Brothers. "We both wish the Pacers the best of luck in the future."

The situation had long since ceased being a distraction to the team. Tinsley hasn't been around for more than a year and the Pacers have an entirely new look at the point guard position.

His presence hasn't been felt in quite awhile.

Consider: of the players on the roster now, only five were with the Pacers the last time Tinsley played in a game (Feb. 5, 2008): Danny Granger, Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Travis Diener.

But here's the thing: his absence no longer will be felt.

The Pacers moved on long ago.

Now, so can Tinsley.

Case closed.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800028717

sook
07-22-2009, 08:02 PM
lmfao

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Boston will be all over his nuts.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I can see us getting this fucking pos. No backup pg and he is on the market.

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Id take Marbury over him, or not have someone at all. This guys blows.

Agreed.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
donnie what ru doin lolz

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM
finally this shit ends

timtonymanu
07-23-2009, 01:08 AM
it's about time.

spursfan1000
07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
He may be headed to Philadelphia or Boston.

DAF86
07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I expect Pop to go after him.

urunobili
07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I expect Pop to go after him.

You've been getting better lately but is is a fail bro'...

There is NO WAY pop goes for a player who hasn't got over himself... :nope

DAF86
07-23-2009, 11:10 AM
You've been getting better lately but is is a fail bro'...

There is NO WAY pop goes for a player who hasn't got over himself... :nope

I didn't say I'd be OK with it. I just think Pop may check him out. You know we're getting a vet PG before the off-season is over.

And by the way, do you remember last season when I asked for Gortat to be traded to the Spurs? back then everybody told me he was a scrub and now everybody is pissing their pants over the guy.

urunobili
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I didn't say I'd be OK with it. I just think Pop may check him out. You know we're getting a vet PG before the off-season is over.

And by the way, do you remember last season when I asked for Gortat to be traded to the Spurs? back then everybody told me he was a scrub and now everybody is pissing their pants over the guy.

Gortat is not a head case... so that doesn't apply... check the kind of players the Spurs sign... why do you think we didn't have Jax even on the cheap side? :wakeup

Indazone
07-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Rockets still need a vet point guard. It's a possibility

Malice
07-23-2009, 03:39 PM
This guy was drafted before or after Tony Parker?

duncan228
07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
This guy was drafted before or after Tony Parker?

Tinsley 27, Parker 28.

Malice
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
did the Spurs ever look at taking him over Parker? I often wondered that. I remember Jamal was a name being tossed around during the Spurs pick that year.

btw thanks Duncan228

Spurs Brazil
07-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Source: 76ers Looking At Tinsley, Watson

The 76ers are continuing their search for a veteran point guard.

According to a source close to the situation, Philadelphia is considering Jamaal Tinsley and C.J. Watson.

The Pacers waived Tinsley on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration hearing with the disgruntled point guard, who didn't play at all during the 2008-09 season.

The 76ers offered Watson a one-year, $2.3 million contract, but he declined the deal earlier this offseason.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60739/20090723/source_76ers_looking_at_tinsley_watson/

alamo50
07-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Laugh all you want, he is still capable of putting up All-Star caliber numbers.