PDA

View Full Version : big manu interview

diego
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/07/23/basquet/01963913.html

There is a very big interview with manu on Ole, I dont really have the time to do the whole thing (only 10-20% is bball/spurs related) so I'll just post some of the more interesting parts:

"I need to be good this season, regardless of it being a contract year and all that. I don't have fear, but there is a little doubt and I want to respect everything. I'm going slow because there's still a lot of time before the season."

-are the spurs the team that improved the most?
"I think so. The rest made changes but they gained on one side and lost on another. We've never had a wing like Jefferson. He's powerful, physical, good defender, he can post, rebound and score. He's going to be a big help. McDyess will get it done under the rim and with Blair we have a lot of hope. We're more dangerous in attack.

-I once described you as: intelligent, analytical, hyperactive, joker, hothead, home boy (as in doesnt leave the house), family man, worker, reserved, demanding, ambitious and competitive. What do you agree with?

"Many are good. I improved the hothead thing. I didnt like it and I worked on it"

-was it a concern?

"maybe. I´m not so temperantal and hotheaded any more. It was bad seeing myself arguing so much with the refs. I barely do it any more and so I barely get technicals called on me"

ok my son decided that s enough!

spursfan1000
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Didnt know it was his contract year, I doubt he will be going anywhere.

TMTTRIO
07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks diego

Seventyniner
07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the translation! Good stuff.

Manu-of-steel
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
he's not going anywhere. this is his team for life. he'll retire a spurs

diego
07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
ok, I got my boy to sleep.

the only other somewhat spurs related part, when talking about his ego, he says something along the lines of (paraphrase) "I'm not obsessed with being the best, but I like to challenge, to push the limit, compete, test myself, go for more etc But within the team space and not for myself. I dont care if I get named more than Parker, for example"

the rest is more about manu's personal life, finances, his view of Argentina's current events and his plans for his foundation

urunobili
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
diego... on the link you are posting none of what you typed in your post is being mentioned... :wow

urunobili
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
this is the right one for that:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/07/23/basquet/01963914.html

diego
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah sorry but on the link i posted there are 4 more sections on the right