PDA

View Full Version : What do board liberals and conservatives agree on?

LnGrrrR
07-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey all,

I was just wondering, what are some issues that both conservatives and liberals agree on? Let's end the divisiveness and see what we can work towards...

I'll start it off. Legalization of marijuana.

mookie2001
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
getting the fucking argentines out of the political forum

against nba blackouts

sam1617
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I would agree, legalize marijuana, then tax it.

I think we all agree that politicians are evil and that we want the US to succeed.

101A
07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
1. The Spurs are a great basketball team.

2. Kori and TIMVP run a great board

4. ?????

sam1617
07-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I think we can all agree that you skipped 3.

urunobili
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Gay Marriage?

Wild Cobra
07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm all for legalizing weed and taxing it. I doubt we have too many other things in common.

What I'm for and I think liberals are not:

I'm for increasing legal immigration and enforcing immigration laws.

I'm for opening ANWR and more offshore drilling.

I'm for the Fair Tax, a form or a consumption tax, without being a VAT.

I'm for loser pays in the legal system.

I'm for elimination partisan groups from getting federal funding.

I'm for increasing the number of representatives in congress to somewhere between one in 30,000 to 100,000 people.

I'm sure I can come up with more. That's just a quick thought. Any liberals agree?

doobs
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Rainbows are pretty.

ElNono
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm all for legalizing weed and taxing it. I doubt we have too many other things in common.

I'm for the Fair Tax, a form or a consumption tax, without being a VAT.

I'm for increasing the number of representatives in congress to somewhere between one in 30,000 to 100,000 people.

I'm sure I can come up with more. That's just a quick thought. Any liberals agree?

Bolded what I agree with.

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
That the state should be involved in fucking something up.

Extra Stout
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I think kittens are cute.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2009, 01:02 PM
i don't know about legalizing marijuana. i'm for it 'cause it's revenue. personally that's the reason why i think it's illegal in the first place. government can't get a piece of the pie. prohibition, anyone? prohibition led by the progressives......i'll save that for a later day. we could tax marijuana and use that money to strengthen our borders. i'm for that, but that will ultimately lead to more government bureaucracies which i'm not for.

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2009, 01:02 PM
That individuals are a blank canvass on which they need to write their ideological driven agendas.

That we can't be left alone.

That we are all bit actors in a greater play which further glorifies the state.

Extra Stout
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
"we want the US to succeed."

I don't believe in that anymore.

SonOfAGun
07-23-2009, 01:10 PM
That saying "And God. Bless. The United States of America" after every gotdamn speech is so cheesy.

God would not have to bless it if you weren't trying to fuck it up with your meddling.

SnakeBoy
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I think kittens are cute.

I hate kittens. Puppies are better.

balli
07-23-2009, 03:21 PM
We're all pretty confident in America's ability to whup ass on a major scale, if need be. Proud of it too.

About a year ago, either a real Chinese person and/or a troll showed up and started talking all this shit about how weak America's military was in comparison to China's. We were pretty unanimous in response.

sam1617
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
We're all pretty confident in America's ability to whup ass on a major scale, if need be. Proud of it too.

About a year ago, either a real Chinese person and/or a troll showed up and started talking all this shit about how weak America's military was in comparison to China's. We were pretty unanimous in response.

Well, when you can blow up the entire world, its easy to be confident :)

sook
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Darrins is an idiot.

Drachen
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM

I'm for the Fair Tax, a form or a consumption tax, without being a VAT

Bolded, I agree with. Italicized I could be talked into, but would need a few questions answered. ANWR and offshore I could get into, but regulations that I would want to be in effect to make it happen would basically make it unprofitable for the company and so it wouldnt happen anyway.

"we want the US to succeed."

I don't believe in that anymore.

Please explain.

mookie2001
07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
dont forget he can also play center

Extra Stout
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Please explain.
Wanting the U.S. to succeed at this point would be like wanting a stable of unicorns for my birthday.

Drachen
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Wanting the U.S. to succeed at this point would be like wanting a stable of unicorns for my birthday.

Ok, so you are saying that you want the US to succeed, but you think that the likelyhood of that happening is so impropable as to be mythological, right?

I understood differently like that you no longer wanted the US to succeed, or that you no longer believed that both sides wanted the US to succeed.

Sorry, just wanted to clear this up.

Nbadan
07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Mountains are big....

LnGrrrR
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM

1. I'm for increasing legal immigration and enforcing immigration laws.

2. I'm for opening ANWR and more offshore drilling.

3. I'm for the Fair Tax, a form or a consumption tax, without being a VAT.

4. I'm for loser pays in the legal system.

5. I'm for elimination partisan groups from getting federal funding.

6. I'm for increasing the number of representatives in congress to somewhere between one in 30,000 to 100,000 people.

I think that liberals would agree with number one, and MAYBE 4. I agree with four for civil cases. I don't like 5, as the SCOTUS has determined the expenditure of money is a form of free speech in many cases. Not sure about six.

I don't like 2 because I think we should keep ANWR as a last source of oil, in case everyone gets pissed at us and we need some down the line. Odds of it happening are slim to none, I know, but I'd like some emergency oil down the line just in case.

Yonivore
07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope we can all agree that all humans are created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, and the fruits of their labor.

All governments should be constituted to protect these rights; adjudicate arguments arising from a violation of these rights; and establishing common services that benefit the whole population governed...distributing the cost of that burden by fair taxation with representation.

I believe that just about covers it.

Jacob1983
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
What about gene modification?

Yonivore
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
What about gene modification?
What about it?

Jacob1983
07-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Just throwing it out there.

whottt
07-24-2009, 05:58 AM
I think the legalization of MJ probably is legitimate common ground. I know a lot of people that support the legalization of MJ that are not people you would normally expect, including a ton of cops. Pretty much every cop I've ever known.

I think very few people consider it to be more dangerous than alcohol and should be illegal while alchohol isn't.

spurster
07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Legalizing weed - yes.

I would be for a conditional loser pays. Only if the jury or judge decides that the loser is outrageous. And if there is a limitation on costs. A big corporation can run up (make up) enormous costs.

How about eliminating gerrymandering?

Wild Cobra
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Legalizing weed - yes.

I would be for a conditional loser pays. Only if the jury or judge decides that the loser is outrageous. And if there is a limitation on costs. A big corporation can run up (make up) enormous costs.

How about eliminating gerrymandering?
There's the kicker, yes corporations might place 100 lawyers on a case where a person may have one. I can see limiting the loser pay to to a reasonable level, but without the possibility of loss, some people sue just because they can sue.

Gerrymandering. Yes.

Now there will still be questions on how to set the borders, but let's keep them reasonable.

DarkReign
07-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Water is wet, sky is blue. Santa Claus is real.

'Bout it.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Would everyone agree that I'm a motherfucker?

Winehole23
07-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I thought you went in more for exotic dancers, WC.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I have dated several. Most are single mothers....

Spursmania
07-31-2009, 07:25 AM

:lol