PDA

View Full Version : Manu writes a new article today for Buenos Aires newspaper La Nacion

janieannie
07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.canchallena.com/1154028-sin-dos-jugadores-clave-no-sera-facil-clasificarse-para-el-mundial
This is a different article from the one in Ole today and gives an update on Manu’s rehabilitation, translated from a column he wrote for the Buenos Aires newspaper La Nacion, published today: “I am fully recovered from the fracture in my fibula. There is no need to conduct any more checkups or studies; I need only to be in a state of gradual retraining. For now, I bike, run on the treadmill, and do other work in the gym [working on weights?], complying with a detailed program that I brought from San Antonio. Luckily I did not feel anything, not even running, but I must go little by little, without jumping, because of the impact. In addition, already I can begin to shoot the basketball, so I will look for a court here in Bahia Blanca (something extremely simple) to start in these days. Never in my life have I gone so much time without playing - I believed I was going to forget the feel for the ball! Frankly, I already want to compete, to play. It has been very strange.”
The rest of the article reports that the Argentine National team will begin to train for the upcoming pre-world tournament in his hometown of Bahia Blanca, staying at the recently opened Land Plaza Hotel (of which Manu is owner). He’s working out himself in the hotel’s exercise room and has provided the team with all the comforts, including king sized beds. He joked that they’d better not complain! Looks like he’ll have some buddies to work out with.

MB20
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
somebody needs to tattoo a horseshoe on his ass. :lol

urunobili
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I got this.. translation in coming...

urunobili
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Without two key players, it will be difficult to get a spot in the World Cup.

By Manu
Translation: urunobili

www.manubinobili.com

After so long, there is a lot to talk about so I’ll do this by parts. First, let me tell you all that in theory I am fully recovered from the stress fracture. I don’t need to do any further MRI’s nor additional studies on it; I just need to start a progressive re-adaptation. So far I have done some cycling, treadmill and gym strictly following San Antonio’s mandated program for me. Luckily I haven’t felt anything, not even running, but I have to go slowly, no jumping because of the impact involved on it. More so, I can now start shooting to the basket so I’ll look for a court here in Bahia Blanca (something easy to do) to start these following days. I have never been so much time without playing… I thought I would forget how the ball looks like! To be honest, I already want to compete, to play. I miss it a lot.

About the additions the Spurs have done I am very happy. They are very valuable pieces. Richard Jefferson is a wing that can post, with a great physical presence and with lots of points in hand; only last season he averaged 19 points per game. It has been a while since the Spurs had a scoring long 3. He will be a very important weapon. On top of that, he is a hard worker, humble and has talent. Antonio McDyess is a Power Forward with lots of experience and very talented as well, he was a Star in the NBA for a long time. He is another that brings lots of points to the table. It has been a while since the Spurs counted with a player to go along with Tim Duncan in the paint who could sum 10 points or more per game.

All this adds a new dimension as a team and an offense with more options and a wider variety available. It will sure make my scoring averages drop, but I don’t care. There will be more shots to be shared, but again I don’t care if I score 12 or 20 points, the only thing I want is winning another championship, feel the Finals adrenaline again. I have never had any issues scoring more or less.

About the National Team, which will be starting training cam here in Bahia Blanca, I would like to say that the Land Plaza Hotel (TN: Manu’s owned 5 star hotel in Bahia Blanca) has everything ready, with the king size bed ready… I hope the boys don’t have any complaints, hehehe. It will be nice to have them on that place that means a new project for me.

Truth is that I am a little worried about our chances on the WC qualifier in Puerto Rico. If Pablo Prigioni and Carlos Delfino can’t play, the goal gets more complicated. Without two key players it will be difficult to reach the goal of qualifying to Turkey’s World Cup. I have been told, that Pablo will be joining the team the 1st of August if he’s able to reach an agreement with Real Madrid before that date. I hope so. To me Delfino is a fundamental piece of the team, he is a difference maker and has great experience; but in this situation, with a revamped team, I think it is decisive that Pablo joins because of his team conduction and leadership that from the PG position takes pressure out of everybody. Luckily it’s 4 teams which will get a spot. If the team goes with both Pablo and Carlitos (Delfino), I have no doubts that we will be in Turkey.

Another subject: as you know I’m organizing a 3 kilometer marathon for families and an 8k one for the rest of the athletes. It has been a while since I wanted to do something in Bahia and I think this is the ideal kind of event to do, it reunites all the conditions because there will be competition, entertainments, fun, sports, prizes and it will all benefit the Municipal Hospital. We already have 200 people signed in to it, but we suppose that there will be many more to come because people here, unfortunately for our organization, waits until the last minute to sign up.

Another project the foundation will be conducting is a Show/Dinner that will include a great auction. It will be the 16th august in Buenos Aires but it’s already sold out. We will be auctioning Yao Ming’s shoes, Nash and Messi jerseys and a Lebron James one I bought myself on an auction in San Antonio.

I leave for the end to honor Pepe Sanchez, the Puma (Alejandro Montecchia) and Juan (Espil). I don’t know if it’s the ideal thing to make them play a little against Australia on the friendly match Argentina will be playing against them, but I think it’s perfect the recognition they are going to get on the event. The three of them gave the National Team a lot and deserve to be honored.

www.manuginobilli.com
www.facebook.com/ManuGinobilli

TMTTRIO
07-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey thanks urunobili for the translation. It's nice hearing from Manu and hearing his thoughts on our team this coming season.

We will be auctioning Yao Ming’s shoes, Nash and Messi jerseys and a Lebron James one I bought myself on an auction in San Antonio.
:lol

Spurs Brazil
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks uru