PDA

View Full Version : Wow - Kori is a Laker fan

milkshakeballa
07-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Sources just told me Kori is a closet Laker Fan - Wow - who would have guessed it?

I would have put KBP ahead of Kori as possible Laker fans

sook
07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
lies

j-money24
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Link or it didn't happen

benefactor
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
ibtl

hater
07-23-2009, 03:27 PM
isn't it obvious?

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Kori use to live in L.A if I recall, but no, you WISH she was.
Although, you gotta admit, Spurstalk is different from most forums.
But imagine if she was a laker fan?
Lakerstalk.. Oh the humanity! :lol

angelbelow
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
pics or ban

skervy
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8198/ibtl2.jpg

23LeBronJames23
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
:wgaf:

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
If milkshakeballa starts it, it's completely false...rule of thumb.

milkshakeballa
07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
:wgaf:

Your superstar has had a great off-season...you should be proud....:nope:nope

BlackSwordsMan
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Ibtb

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
lakerfan is hilariously ignorant.

Rogue
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Before moving to SA and Marrying LJ, she spent most of her life living in LA so it's not a big surprise she used to have kind of love for the LA Lakers. Her history of being Laker fan might probably even be originated from early 80s, when the Lakers were damn great with Jabbar and Magic as cores surrounded by many decent muscles. But she may have already quitted their fanbase since Kobe joined that team and made that team too disgusting even for some originally loyal Lakers fans. I guess she found Tim Duncan and timvp both were good guys during that blank era and finally decided to enroll into the Spurs fanbase.

IronMexican
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
That's why she hasn't banned us.

KSeal
07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and I have the same name as her, and I spell it with a K too, how cool is that.

ginobili's bald spot
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and I have the same name as her, and I spell it with a K too, how cool is that.

That's Kute.

Will Hunting
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
What the hell is a milk shake baller?

BlackBellamy
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
What the hell is a milk shake baller?
It's a Ron Popeil product (by Ronco).

Summers
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually, I think her dark secret is she used to be a Jazz fan... but more importantly, how was this thread supposed to be funny?

Summers
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM
It's a Ron Popeil product (by Ronco).

I would pay eighty dollars for everything you see here!

lefty
07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Epic fail

BlackBellamy
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I would pay eighty dollars for everything you see here!

Set it and forget it, baby.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I was born and raised in Phoenix. I was a Suns fan at first *gasp*.

I moved to L.A. when I was 17. I had Lakers / Clippers season tickets for quite a while. (Half season of each team). At that point, I was just a fan of basketball. I wasn't a Spurs fan. I wasn't a Laker fan. Honestly, I was a Jazz fan :lmao (sacrilege to Spurs fans).

I was a big fan of Duncan at Wake. When he got drafted by the Spurs, I started following the Spurs. For his first few years in the league, I watched the Spurs a lot but wasn't really a Spurs fan (even in the 1999 title).

Starting in 2000-01, I started actually liking the Spurs. I didn't meet timvp until the playoffs of 2002. So I was actually a Spurs fan for about 2 years before meeting him.

Though the Spurs are by far my favorite team since that time, I am not one of those die-hard since birth Spurs fans at all. Though, the 03-05-07 Championship runs were freakin awesome.

BlackBellamy
07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow! Shocking revelations. So, did you enjoy seeing Karl Malone knee D-Rob in the balls all those many years ago?

lefty
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
I was born and raised in Phoenix.I was a Suns fan at first *gasp*.

I moved to L.A. when I was 17. I had Lakers / Clippers season tickets for quite a while. (Half season of each team). At that point, I was just a fan of basketball. I wasn't a Spurs fan. I wasn't a Laker fan. Honestly, I was a Jazz fan :lmao (sacrilege to Spurs fans).

I was a big fan of Duncan at Wake. When he got drafted by the Spurs, I started following the Spurs. For his first few years in the league, I watched the Spurs a lot but wasn't really a Spurs fan (even in the 1999 title).

Starting in 2000-01, I started actually liking the Spurs. I didn't meet timvp until the playoffs of 2002. So I was actually a Spurs fan for about 2 years before meeting him.

Though the Spurs are by far my favorite team since that time, I am not one of those die-hard since birth Spurs fans at all. Though, the 03-05-07 Championship runs were freakin awesome.
So, to sum up:

:donkey:fishing:flag::married::flag::bang:bang:lob t2::bang:lobt2::bang:lobt2::bang:lobt2::bang:pop:: lobt2::hat

benefactor
07-23-2009, 07:47 PM

It's all good. I was a Mavericks fan when I was younger. Demographics suck. :)

I'm a little jealous of some of the people on this site that have been Spurs fans for all of their lives. It's nice to know that the owner of this site has been a fan about the same length of time I have.

timvp
07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
The only pro-Laker aspect that I know about Kori is she doesn't like when I make Kobe jokes. Or if I say anything negative about Kobe she usually doesn't back me up :depressed

But back when Shaq was on the Lakers, the roles were kinda reversed. I've always liked Shaq. Kori doesn't. I also claim Phil Jackson is the best coach in sporting history. Kori says she wants to slap him.

My darkest secret is both of my parents grew up as Laker fans. I think my mom was a Laker groupie. Now that I think about it she would have been a groupie around the time I was conceived. Uh oh ......

lefty
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Phil Jackson

Ahem

Kori FTW

Kori Ellis
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
The only pro-Laker aspect that I know about Kori is she doesn't like when I make Kobe jokes. Or if I say anything negative about Kobe she usually doesn't back me up :depressed

:lmao I don't think that's true. But I do like Kobe.

But back when Shaq was on the Lakers, the roles were kinda reversed. I've always liked Shaq. Kori doesn't.

Well that was a personal thing with me and Shaq. I don't mind him now.. he's funny sometimes.

I also claim Phil Jackson is the best coach in sporting history. Kori says she wants to slap him.

True.

My darkest secret is both of my parents grew up as Laker fans. I think my mom was a Laker groupie. Now that I think about it she would have been a groupie around the time I was conceived. Uh oh ......

:lol Your mom was definitely a Laker groupie. She talks about the Lakers with stars in her eyes.

timvp
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
As for me, I could name the Spurs' entire roster before I could read. I've watched about 99.9% of Spurs games since I was about five years old. I'm not a fan of any other team in any other sport. I'm about the opposite of a bandwagoner as possible ... so Kori's semi-bandwagonish ways help keep my homerness in check.

:smokin

Summers
07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
I think timvp needs to have his mom write some stories in the Club, or at least start a blog... And I think I need to hear the Kori v. Shaq story.

lefty
07-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess your kids will be Spur fans every 2-3 years

BlackSwordsMan
07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
was your mom part of wilt's count?

sonic21
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
you were a jazz fan :wow

Big Empty
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
who's kory?

timvp
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
was your mom part of wilt's count?Good question.

you were a jazz fan :wowEven worse -- a current Yankees fan. :td

holcs50
07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow this is funny. See all spurs fans come from different backgrounds. As for kori, i kind of feel ya, I loved the showtime lakes-being magic, byron, kareem, coop, etc. as i grew up my whole life in socal...but when i started really playing ball when i was about 8 when robinson got drafted and my friend told me hey check this robinson guy out, once i saw a game i was hooked. My dad was a HUGE lakers fan-west, baylor but ever since he saw me become a huge spurs fan he transformed and now he often comes with me to SA for a spurs game a year.

I didn't hate the lakes at all until the 96-97 season (and kori that jazz shit thru the early /mid 90's ohhhhh god, fuck KM and JS, robby needed more help!) when kobe became a laker. IMO that's when the laker hate started for me, b4 he was a game changer, b4 he was even any good-He was a fucking bitch! period. And throughout the years he's proved he's a bitch over and over and over and over again-so idk how you can like the dude but to each their own. Personally i like respectable players, ones who care about their teammates and others more than the love they have for themselves-i do respect his talent tho

Shaq I didn't like in the 90s because he often talk trash on robinson, of course i hated that-and anyone who saw robby/shaq matchups when robby was in his prime would know he held his own and more than his own sometimes. Then that just carried on into his domination in their early 00's of an old robby. I don't mind shaq anymore at all, i find him pretty funny, and he's said he respects robby since then so that's all water under the bridge for me.

As for phil, yea he's a great coach, i dont really like him but you can easily say he's the best coach ever and i won't argue.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Sources just told me Kori is a closet Laker Fan - Wow - who would have guessed it?

I would have put KBP ahead of Kori as possible Laker fans

I am the fan of the greatest team in the world Panathinaikos with the greatest fans in the world.

QtQAJH_JoXM&fmtl=35

For NBA I like Spurs.

BlackSwordsMan
07-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Your internet die in greece?

Culburn369
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
i do respect his talent tho.

Sell out.

holcs50
07-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Sell out.

Ha

Culburn369=weird or drunk all the time

Culburn369
07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Perhaps, but at least I ain't a weak little shit like you.

j-money24
07-23-2009, 11:38 PM

But back when Shaq was on the Lakers, the roles were kinda reversed. I've always liked Shaq. Kori doesn't. I also claim Phil Jackson is the best coach in sporting history. Kori says she wants to slap him.

If you were a Laker fan, this site would have Lakerstalk.com:lol

holcs50
07-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Perhaps, but at least I ain't a weak little shit like you.

hmm, and how would you know this? "A weak little shit" haha. Alright well if im 5'8 , 140 in your mind that's fine with me, but keep thinking that big boy. Funny you can't take a little heat, like barely any heat, and you gotta pretend like im a little shit---keep up your weird antics culburn , will get you far. And i mean since your so big and shit you prob could go into UFC, or boxing, you know i wouldn't want to mess with you....yikers!!

j-money24
07-23-2009, 11:52 PM
:lol

Culburn369
07-23-2009, 11:54 PM
and how would you know this? "A weak little shit"

Simple: you tear Kobe a brand new asshole, then you sell out at the end cuz yer a weak little shit.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Simple: you tear Kobe a brand new asshole, then you sell out at the end cuz yer a weak little shit.

Ummm, wtf cul. i've said this for years, the same thing i said in my post, i have my reasons to not like him, whatever, people like some players some don't. Anytime I argue with my friends bout the lakes I always say I admit he works his ass off and i respect his talent "On court". Two diff things man, i can say kobe is a damn good player-because if i didn't that would be retarded-but i can still not like him for all his bullshit. You get it? A difference. I ain't selling out at all, and when my friends talk to me they don't like TD but they know he's good and respect his abilities. It's really not that hard to figure out how you can do one and not the other.

j-money24
07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Ummm, wtf cul. i've said this for years, the same thing i said in my post, i have my reasons to not like him, whatever, people like some players some don't. Anytime I argue with my friends bout the lakes I always say I admit he works his ass off and i respect his talent "On court". Two diff things man, i can say kobe is a damn good player-because if i didn't that would be retarded-but i can still not like him for all his bullshit. You get it? A difference. I ain't selling out at all, and when my friends talk to me they don't like TD but they know he's good and respect his abilities. It's really not that hard to figure out how you can do one and not the other.

How old are you? 12?

sook
07-24-2009, 12:15 AM
http://robotpirateninja.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/inet_tough_guy.jpg

j-money24
07-24-2009, 12:18 AM
http://robotpirateninja.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/inet_tough_guy.jpg

:lol

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Let me guess. You think you're a tough guy, huh? I'm guessing, since you are so infatuated with the appearance of Lakers fans, you either want to fight, or you're gay. Either way, you sound like a complete fucking moron.

geez once again luva your a tard. I really think im a tough guy cuz I posted up all my real attributes and talked about how im so strong....wtf are you talking about fatfuck2? I simply made fun of him because he said im a "weak shit". I didn't say shit about myself besides sarcastically responding to him if you read the posts , probably not. And wtf you talking about infatuated with lakers fans appearences??? hahahaaa, i see lakers fans every damn day as in my friends as ive said over and over, so really your just going off into house world now.

And how the fuck do i want to fight, or on the waaaay other side be gay? wow, and you call me a moron, hmm. Whateva luva and house yall have a good sleepover tonight. Cull you might be able to join also, if you hurry

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Why are you guys trashing the amazing thread dedicated to me being a Laker fan!? Get back on topic. Do your lame cybering via PM. Thanks.

BlackSwordsMan
07-24-2009, 12:45 AM
very zen like calm kori just exhibited

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Why are you guys trashing the amazing thread dedicated to me being a Laker fan!? Get back on topic. Do your lame cybering via PM. Thanks.

My bad kori-well i said what i felt-but you and your laker fiends made me go off topic! lulz. Alright Kori, Ill put it straight, 1. how the fuck do you like kobe after these years? 2. Does it feel weird looking back knowing you were a jazz fan and rooting against robinson? 3. As a socaler, do you think la sucks? 4. Has kobe really grown at all besides trim his fro and change his voice to answer interviews like MJ? Ha, i keed, but really it's sarcasticism (word?) in a way cuz i really want to hear the answers, but i do want to make fun of your lakers past!

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
1. Kobe's awesome. How can you not appreciate one of the best players who has ever stepped on a basketball court?

2. LOL Not really, I was a big fan of Karl Malone and Jeff Hornacek. (Stockton, not so much :lol)

3. There's a lot of great things about L.A., but I love living in San Antonio. I would never move back to Los Angeles but it's a fun place when you are in your college years.

4. :lol The only thing I'll make fun of Kobe for is putting that huge ugly tattoo on his arm after he cheated on his wife. And I don't love Kobe or anything (despite what timvp said)...I really relished in Bowen owning Kobe on occasion. So I must be a Spurs fan after all.

However, a bunch of players in the league bug me more than Kobe. If I were as good as Kobe I know I'd be incredibly cocky. Not everyone can be humble.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:35 AM
1. Kobe's awesome. How can you not appreciate one of the best players who has ever stepped on a basketball court?

2. LOL Not really, I was a big fan of Karl Malone and Jeff Hornacek. (Stockton, not so much :lol)

3. There's a lot of great things about L.A., but I love living in San Antonio. I would never move back to Los Angeles but it's a fun place when you are in your college years.

4. :lol The only thing I'll make fun of Kobe for is putting that huge ugly tattoo on his arm after he cheated on his wife. And I don't love Kobe or anything (despite what timvp said)...I really relished in Bowen owning Kobe on occasion. So I must be a Spurs fan after all.

However, a bunch of players in the league bug me more than Kobe. If I were as good as Kobe I know I'd be incredibly cocky. Not everyone can be humble.

Aight kori, I have to admit hornacek was pretty badass. I mean the guy defied all odds-he was an everyday office worker who sported a knee brace and still just was good-i mean he was good-don't get me wrong still hated, llol,im amaed with what hornacek did in the NBA.

Alright didn't catch that earlier. You were in LA for college-now it makes sense-ucla right? Ha, Yes i agree Ucla is a fun place for college, i went up there a lot of times, at sc aint bad either, i was generally talking as a grown up now, la is just nasty. Now on the other hand, yes im biased but north SD is amazing, but hey I'd love to get a good job in SA, i could live there for awhile, mostly cuz id have spurs fans all around me and i actually do like the place. Probably after 5 years tho, id be like, man i need the pacific pronto! ha.

As for kobe yes he is one of the best-there is no question-but i don't hate him because he is great against the spurs-i hate him for his attitude-and i could care less about the rape charges-i never bring that up when im dissing kobe-he was proven innocent-he's innocent-im just talking about who he is-a fucking douche, ha. I guess we disagree but i know what your saying some players will have a conceitedness/cockiness/arrogance and some won't....that's fine...kobe just always went above that point to where he was just obviously about me, me , me. shit, ive played many times with cocky guys but in the end they are about a team-maybe kobe just realized this but that doesn't erase years and years of douchebagery.

cobbler
07-24-2009, 02:44 AM
hmm, and how would you know this? "A weak little shit" haha. Alright well if im 5'8 , 140 in your mind that's fine with me, but keep thinking that big boy. Funny you can't take a little heat, like barely any heat, and you gotta pretend like im a little shit---keep up your weird antics culburn , will get you far. And i mean since your so big and shit you prob could go into UFC, or boxing, you know i wouldn't want to mess with you....yikers!!

geez once again luva your a tard. I really think im a tough guy cuz I posted up all my real attributes and talked about how im so strong....wtf are you talking about fatfuck2? I simply made fun of him because he said im a "weak shit". I didn't say shit about myself besides sarcastically responding to him if you read the posts , probably not. And wtf you talking about infatuated with lakers fans appearences??? hahahaaa, i see lakers fans every damn day as in my friends as ive said over and over, so really your just going off into house world now.

And how the fuck do i want to fight, or on the waaaay other side be gay? wow, and you call me a moron, hmm. Whateva luva and house yall have a good sleepover tonight. Cull you might be able to join also, if you hurry

...ranted by the retard that says "you cant take a little heat" :lmao

cobbler
07-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Aight kori, I have to admit hornacek was pretty badass. I mean the guy defied all odds-he was an everyday office worker who sported a knee brace and still just was good-i mean he was good-don't get me wrong still hated, llol,im amaed with what hornacek did in the NBA.

Alright didn't catch that earlier. You were in LA for college-now it makes sense-ucla right? Ha, Yes i agree Ucla is a fun place for college, i went up there a lot of times, at sc aint bad either, i was generally talking as a grown up now, la is just nasty. Now on the other hand, yes im biased but north SD is amazing, but hey I'd love to get a good job in SA, i could live there for awhile, mostly cuz id have spurs fans all around me and i actually do like the place. Probably after 5 years tho, id be like, man i need the pacific pronto! ha.

As for kobe yes he is one of the best-there is no question-but i don't hate him because he is great against the spurs-i hate him for his attitude-and i could care less about the rape charges-i never bring that up when im dissing kobe-he was proven innocent-he's innocent-im just talking about who he is-a fucking douche, ha. I guess we disagree but i know what your saying some players will have a conceitedness/cockiness/arrogance and some won't....that's fine...kobe just always went above that point to where he was just obviously about me, me , me. shit, ive played many times with cocky guys but in the end they are about a team-maybe kobe just realized this but that doesn't erase years and years of douchebagery.

The NBA is riddled with cocky self serving guys. If anyone has the right to be so it would be the best player. With that said, Kobe has had many moments where he's been a total jerk. In my opinion, during the Shaq/Kobe years, Shaq was the bigger douche. Ill never forget his quote of" Kobe needs to learn to play team ball. This is my team and the ball needs to go through me" Classic!!!! It seems to me, just an observation, you bag on Kobe more than the rest. There are certainly others that fit the "its all about me" role. Is that because Kobe has actually won? Or is it you're just obsessed with him? Are you an LBJ fan?

cobbler
07-24-2009, 02:55 AM
BTW... Nice to hear your history Kori! Thanks for all you and Tim do here!

07-24-2009, 03:35 AM
stockton used to be my favorite player when i was kid. by default, i was a jazz fan for a while. i didn't buy into the jordan hype during that time but i grew to appreciate his greatness as he won championship after championship. i do wish stockton got a ring before he retired. they were robbed in 1998. that was a foul.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 03:44 AM
The NBA is riddled with cocky self serving guys. If anyone has the right to be so it would be the best player. With that said, Kobe has had many moments where he's been a total jerk. In my opinion, during the Shaq/Kobe years, Shaq was the bigger douche. Ill never forget his quote of" Kobe needs to learn to play team ball. This is my team and the ball needs to go through me" Classic!!!! It seems to me, just an observation, you bag on Kobe more than the rest. There are certainly others that fit the "its all about me" role. Is that because Kobe has actually won? Or is it you're just obsessed with him? Are you an LBJ fan?

Sup cob, alright thanks for writing something instead of just making fun of a word or line i say. Honestly, look back i always give kobe props for his work ethic and play-that is no question. It's other things. But your right about shaq, he was a bitch too back then, it was two guys who were me, me, me, and if they only could've grown up at the time they might have a few more chips??? who knows. Shaq as I said in an earlier post i didn't like early 00's and 90's , he was a cocky ass....I guess the reason i bag on kobe and the reason its trickled down to my parents haha, parents following spurs after son, classic.....cuz for 1. did you watch his first 3 or so years and see how whiny he was because he wasn't the main attraction? its bad- but people only like to remember back to the 00 chip. 2. He straight up gave up shaq in a fucking interview with the investigators for his rape! dont know exact words but "shaq always gets around", are you kidding, to try to save his own ass? wow. 3. He totally before the olympics was a bitch to the Laker organization-i do remember he was a step away from booking but cupcake/magic convinced him to stay...all sore after he lost a few years in a row to the suns then didn't make the playoffs...tissue? 4. His interviews are fake as fuck, dude say what your feeling, all this time he just wants to say my teamates fuckin sucked that game (lick his lips), but u know we stuck together, whatever. 5. He's not a team guy-meaning he doesn't hang with the team outside of practice/games-----and that is completely fine, but when i played it was all about hanging with the team====

Again this is all my opinion and mine alone-you can easily disagree, i respect that-but i dont think arguing over it will change anyones minds. And as for LBJ, yes I like lebron-i mean not to the level he's one of my fav players but i like him

ginobili's bald spot
07-24-2009, 04:11 AM
This thread is fascinating.

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2009, 04:25 AM
is it true every night she leaves the door unlocked waitin for kobe to come and show her how he wants a sammich to be serve

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 05:19 AM

Weird. I was born with my teams and never moved or lived anywhere else in my whole life. I naturally went with all the home teams, since my dad was a fan ooof them, and they were always on TV.

baseline bum
07-24-2009, 06:05 AM
Alright didn't catch that earlier. You were in LA for college-now it makes sense-ucla right? Ha, Yes i agree Ucla is a fun place for college, i went up there a lot of times, at sc aint bad either, i was generally talking as a grown up now, la is just nasty.

If you think LA is nasty as a grown-up, then you just aren't getting out to the right places. There are so many fun places around the area and so much shit to do; I mean, you can never be bored (outside of being in traffic) in SoCal. If only Cali wasn't so fucking expensive.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
If you think LA is nasty as a grown-up, then you just aren't getting out to the right places. There are so many fun places around the area and so much shit to do; I mean, you can never be bored (outside of being in traffic) in SoCal. If only Cali wasn't so fucking expensive.

baseline as i said earlier bro-i can deal w/ lalaland for a day or two-ive been to the roxy concerts, ive stayed at the roosevelt-ive done the parties up in LA...all i said was OC and SD are a lot more awesome IMO. Huntington is fun (its okay too many tattoos and roids flying around), newport is awesome-boardwalk, irvine-dana-laguna-clemente- all just great souther oc spots. SD norths is great, ehhh, sd east and south like chula aint so nice....but yea just don't really like the central la feeling and anything around it. Just not my thing.

baseline bum
07-24-2009, 07:31 AM
baseline as i said earlier bro-i can deal w/ lalaland for a day or two-ive been to the roxy concerts, ive stayed at the roosevelt-ive done the parties up in LA...all i said was OC and SD are a lot more awesome IMO. Huntington is fun (its okay too many tattoos and roids flying around), newport is awesome-boardwalk, irvine-dana-laguna-clemente- all just great souther oc spots. SD norths is great, ehhh, sd east and south like chula aint so nice....but yea just don't really like the central la feeling and anything around it. Just not my thing.

I'm not a fan of the city itself for the most part, but Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Malibu, Griffith Park, Pasadena... those are all amazing places. Plus, you're not far from Mountain High in ski season. Up in the mountains around Angeles Crest Highway is a really cool place to spend a lazy day, as is the desert north of town around the 14 (especially at Vazquez Rocks).

holcs50
07-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm not a fan of the city itself for the most part, but Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Malibu, Griffith Park, Pasadena... those are all amazing places. Plus, you're not far from Mountain High in ski season. Up in the mountains around Angeles Crest Highway is a really cool place to spend a lazy day, as is the desert north of town around the 14 (especially at Vazquez Rocks).

Mountain High FTW!!! base im all about moutain high bro. I mean yea if i can go bear/summit it aint too far-i like to have a place to stay the night tho-so you get two days out of it. Umm, haven't been to mammoth in like 10 years-but have been to vail twice a year the last 5 years....man i can't hate on summer cuz good times for sure but wow winter is just badass. gotta love it. I think growin up in socal ive finally realized winter season is my favorite-the beach is always here-throw on a wetsuit-bear/mhigh/vail aren't always there you need some nice cold weather. Plus in winter people don't try to act like dbags hahah, no one trying to get all "swole" for the summer, lol.

JudynTX
07-24-2009, 10:25 AM

I will always remember you as being Duncan's #1 fan. :tu

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-24-2009, 10:26 AM
A Jazz fan? That's a tough pill to swallow, but I can't hold it against anyone that makes such an awesome site. It's like Werner Von Braun getting America to the moon.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
but I can't hold it against anyone that makes such an awesome site. It's like Werner Von Braun getting America to the moon.

....or the DVR.

xellos88330
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Kori, a Suns/Jazz/Quasi Lakers-Spurs fan??? Will the madness ever stop???

Allanon
07-24-2009, 04:52 PM
The young Kobe was a cocky bastard that never talked much, I can see there was lots to hate about him but man was he exciting to watch.

Older Kobe is politically correct. Really, what has he done lately that there is to hate about? Kobe says all the right things, does all the right things. Compliments other players, etc, etc. His wife looks a bit slutty at times but his kids seem great. You might say it looks fake that he cares about his kids...c'mon get real.

He's no more cocky than 90% of the NBA players out there...and at least he's good at what he does. Being the best means you also believe you are the best.

I think the majority of Kobe hate comes from past grudges or hate of the Lakers/Fans in general. And if it's neither of those, there's always jealousy :)

Those who hate on Kobe these days really have no basis for it but are more robbing themselves of appreciating one of the greatest players we'll ever get to watch.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
People see thru Kobe. He is as phoney as a $3 bill. Prior to the rape he was able to set the terms of his existence in the world near 100%. That meant everything to Bryant. He was a black man who lived the white man's life and he cherished that position away from his compromised heritage with all his heart & soul. He could look any "man" in the eye and never blink, secure in the knowledge that he, Kobe, controlled the moment near to the micro degree. Nobody could touch him and he wallowed in that joy.

What galls him now is the monumental mistake he made and the debt he owes in perpetuity. His misery is endless because it can never be like it was. The malignant swap of his former life for not doing prison was a Godsend at the moment of crisis. Once the specter of prison faded into the background Kobe's bitterness & rage took root. Bitterness & rage at the girl, at circumstance, but, mostly at himself. No more advantage Kobe. No more wildly erotic "treats" at whimsy. No more separation from his race. He had played the race card, had went to them hat-in-hand and now he was one of them and no longer a "white man" with all the intrinsic benefits that assures.

He is now admittedly a pitiful sight to behold: running near maniacally to & fro trying to avert his eyes from eyes that now know him & own him. It's painful to bear witness his struggle in life. It's uncomfortable and I'd rather he just be still.

clubalien
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Those who hate on Kobe these days really have no basis for it but are more robbing themselves of appreciating one of the greatest players we'll ever get to watch.

I think alot f the hate comes from him getting off scott free for rape like oj did for murder.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you should not follow the rules.

07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
people are irked about kobe because he threw shaq under a bus after the accusation of rape. rape or not, it's not like adultery is anything to be praised. then the whole feud between shaq and kobe occurred. after kobe gets the lakers to himself, they proceed to suck and then kobe throws bynum under a bus by wanting to trade his ass. then he throws the lakers under the bus by demanding a trade.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 06:13 PM
people are irked about kobe because he threw shaq under a bus after the accusation of rape. rape or not, it's not like adultery is anything to be praised. then the whole feud between shaq and kobe occurred. after kobe gets the lakers to himself, they proceed to suck and then kobe throws bynum under a bus by wanting to trade his ass. then he throws the lakers under the bus by demanding a trade.

...Then what happened?...keep a goin, 024.

tee, hee.

BlackBellamy
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Culburn has the personality or a certain Mr. Alton Brown.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
...and Culburn has more posts than Black.

Read it & weep, Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobbler
07-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Sup cob, alright thanks for writing something instead of just making fun of a word or line i say. Honestly, look back i always give kobe props for his work ethic and play-that is no question. It's other things. But your right about shaq, he was a bitch too back then, it was two guys who were me, me, me, and if they only could've grown up at the time they might have a few more chips??? who knows. Shaq as I said in an earlier post i didn't like early 00's and 90's , he was a cocky ass....I guess the reason i bag on kobe and the reason its trickled down to my parents haha, parents following spurs after son, classic.....cuz for 1. did you watch his first 3 or so years and see how whiny he was because he wasn't the main attraction? its bad- but people only like to remember back to the 00 chip. 2. He straight up gave up shaq in a fucking interview with the investigators for his rape! dont know exact words but "shaq always gets around", are you kidding, to try to save his own ass? wow. 3. He totally before the olympics was a bitch to the Laker organization-i do remember he was a step away from booking but cupcake/magic convinced him to stay...all sore after he lost a few years in a row to the suns then didn't make the playoffs...tissue? 4. His interviews are fake as fuck, dude say what your feeling, all this time he just wants to say my teamates fuckin sucked that game (lick his lips), but u know we stuck together, whatever. 5. He's not a team guy-meaning he doesn't hang with the team outside of practice/games-----and that is completely fine, but when i played it was all about hanging with the team====

Again this is all my opinion and mine alone-you can easily disagree, i respect that-but i dont think arguing over it will change anyones minds. And as for LBJ, yes I like lebron-i mean not to the level he's one of my fav players but i like him

1. His first couple of years were tough and he was immature. Let's not forget he was just 17 and just a kid on a veteran team. Excuse for cocky behavior no, but let's try to put it in perspective. He came into the NBA with all the hype and then got slapped in the face with the reality check that is the NBA. There are many articles that discuss how many of his Laker teamates were going to show the kid... just what a kid he was. I think when you are as talented as he was and have the desire that he has clearly proven, that would tend to put a chip on your shoulder.

2. Worst thing he's done in my opinion. You don't say anything like that when dealing with cops. Everything gets recorded. It was explained later that it wasn't so much a snitching as much as an off the cuff comment saying I should've just done what Shaq does. But come on. You just dont do that. Bad bad move.

3. We differ a lot here in opinion. The Lakers made a decision to build around Kobe. They were taking their sweet time doing so and it wasnt just Kobe who was getting frustrated at the talent on the team. For god's sake, their starting team had Kwame, Walton, and Smush friggen Parker. He made some comments to some guys in a friggen parking lot who taped it without his knowing. After the media gets its grubby hands on said tape the shit hits the fan and its blown way out of proportion. He told the Lakers if they are going to take their time and build thru draft picks etc...then trade him. I see nothing wrong with that. It's the same thing all the stars are doing today. The result is the Lakers FO got off thier asses and made conserted efforts to get better players. It worked.

4. The man is under a microscope. It doesn't matter what he says or does. It's a no win situation. What we get to see in the interviews is the PC Kobe. A lot of that has to do with his earlier mess ups. A lot if it has to do with not allowing himself to be put in another position not unlike the parking lot comments about Bynum. Heck, so many here even today say that Bynum isnt shit and hasnt proved shit and in the same breath diss Kobe for saying he should be shipped out when 3 years ago it was a trade of Kidd for Bynum being discussed. You can't have it both ways. You say, tell it like it is... and yet if he does, he's an arrogant ass throwing his teamates under the bus. SO we get PC Kobe.

5. Team guy. I think you need to look at that in the different settings. He was too young when he came into the league to hang with the guys. They were clubbin and living the life. He was 17 and playing video games. In his early 20's he wasn't one of the guys that hung out. He lived, breathed, and was all about being the best and seperation from the players he had played with was already there. Now, after Shaq was sent packing, he has changed. He does hang with the other players now. He does go out with them. They are a much tighter group of guys and everyone has commented on it. it clearly shows. So maybe he learned a little bit about how to be a teamate. Isn't that what life is? Making youthful mistakes and hopefully learning from them? Only difference is... all his mistakes are on prime time tv.

Clearly Kobe has made a lot of mistakes. Many of the superstars do. We really don't know the people. We know what we are shown through the media. We see the "newsworthy" clips. Do i think Kobe is some model citizen and beyond reproach? Heck no! Do I think he's the villian many paint him out to be. Nope! I'm guessing he's somewhere in between.

With that said, He is by many accounts one of, if not, the hardest working players in the game. His skill level is unmatched. He will go down as one of the best to ever play the game and his desire to win is admired by fans and competitors alike. When talking basketball, I want guys like him on my side. If I need role models, I think I'll look outside the sports arena...

That's my 2 cents

07-24-2009, 08:04 PM
...Then what happened?...keep a goin, 024.

tee, hee.
Every championship contender lost at least one allstar, leaving lakers as the only remaining contender? Oh and if Kobe got his way, lakers would be stuck with the corpse of Kidd.

07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Kobe also does premature ball dances to taunt the audience. He should at least make sure he wins first.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Every championship contender lost at least one allstar, leaving lakers as the only remaining contender?

And then what happened? Go ahead, 024.

07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
2009* happened of course. oh and you didn't respond to my remark about kobe wanting to trade bynum for kidd. what a nice troll.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 10:15 PM
2009* happened of course.

Christ, it was like pullin' teeth.

Dunc n Dave
07-24-2009, 11:59 PM
...and Culburn has more posts than Black.

Read it & weep, Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ Culburn bragging about his post count when half of them are poems he cut and paste from websites to keep his own appreciation thread on page 1 every day!

Higher post counts do not equal higher intelligence or more respected opinions. Usually means you're too busy listening to yourself type to actually contribute anything of value. Or in your case.. too busy copying and pasting...

Keep strokin that ego of yours Cul, by inflating that post count...

Allanon
07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
I think alot f the hate comes from him getting off scott free for rape like oj did for murder.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you should not follow the rules.

I totally believe in the Rich shouldn't get away with murder. And if Kobe really did rape that chick, I think he should have done serious jail time. I don't think he did, I mean the girl willingly came up to his hotel room for what she initially claimed was "for an autograph" and then later changed the story to "for sex". She was a promiscous girl having sex with several dudes and kept all that hidden until she was cornered about it.

Do you really believe that Kobe raped that chick? I'm not trying to criticize you if you believe so, just wondering.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Dunc, gettin' his jealous on.

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Dunc, gettin' his jealous on.

Culburn drinkin the Massengil again... gettin' delusional...:toast

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 12:55 AM
What's a douche bag supposed to do, Dunc? A course I drank the Massengil.

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 01:10 AM
What's a douche bag supposed to do, Dunc? A course I drank the Massengil.

You could always go take a weak little shit while you convince yourself that you wouldn't jizz your pants if the Lakers had won that strike ring you talk about in every other post? Just a suggestion...:toast

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:14 AM
"strike ring" got to you, eh?

tee, hee.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Sans the couple of you who hijacked this thread you can see I created this with a purpose. No matter who you are...what team of a fan you are....everybody is a human being. Everybody comes from somewhere. Just because you root for the sametime or hate the opposing team doesn't mean you need to act hostile to each other. I really appreciate Kori participating in this thread and getting this message out to this forum. Respect eahcother guys. Even on this forum.

I'm calling Spurs fans...Laker fans...Jazz fans...Rocket fans...Mavs fans (even you Ghazi!)...Suns fans...Pistons fans...yes tag along Tlong (since there is only about ohhh 1 TrialBlazer fan) and all.....

Let's respect eachother and at the same time engage in stimulating and arousing basketball discussion where we can all learn and appreciate the different ideas and cultures brought to this forum!!!

:toast:toast:toast

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:17 AM
I am the fan of the greatest team in the world Panathinaikos with the greatest fans in the world.

QtQAJH_JoXM&fmtl=35

For NBA I like Spurs.

Really....really KBP??

Guess what? No one here gives a flyin fuk about PANAR&#Q&T%%#&%&# or anyother team from Greece. This thread is about Kori....not you. Your psychotic selfish narcistic attitude is not needed on this board.

Take a fucking hike......pal....

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 01:20 AM
"strike ring" got to you, eh?

tee, hee.

I could care less, but you sure seem to hang your hat on it. A ring is a ring. Every team played 50 games that year and the Spurs won it all, and only lost 2 games the entire playoffs. And the best part of that whole season was watching the Spurs BITCH SLAP the Lakers in a sweep and shut down the Forum forever. What a dump that place was... We did you guys a favor shutting that hell hole down prematurely.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:24 AM
I could care less, but you sure seem to hang your hat on it. A ring is a ring.

I didn't TAINT that strike ring. That was Suns fandom that did that. I just cited them TAINTING it. You have every right to count that ring just like your 3 regular ones. And don't you let anyone tell you different.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
I didn't TAINT that strike ring. That was Suns fandom that did that. I just cited them TAINTING it. You have every right to count that ring just like your 3 regular ones. And don't you let anyone tell you different.

Great job Culburn...see everyone...conceding isn't as hard as it looks...and Culburn still has his pride in tact. No biggie. Great focus there CUlburn great job!

07-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Christ, it was like pullin' teeth.
you conveniently forgot about kobe throwing bynum under the bus for kidd again. it's ok though, i forgive you.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Great job Culburn...see everyone...conceding isn't as hard as it looks...and Culburn still has his pride in tact. No biggie. Great focus there CUlburn great job!

Danka.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:31 AM
you conveniently forgot about kobe throwing bynum under the bus for kidd again. it's ok though, i forgive you.

Kobe and Bynum are friends and have a great amount of respect for eachother. If it was as bad as your are implying...would Kobe and Bynum have the relationship they do today? Looking for a yes or no answer btw.

07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Kobe and Bynum are friends and have a great amount of respect for eachother. If it was as bad as your are implying...would Kobe and Bynum have the relationship they do today? Looking for a yes or no answer btw.
doesn't change the fact he did it. i don't know or care if bynum and bryant have a good relationship. i was pointing out bryant's pattern of throwing people under a bus (shaq, the lakers, bynum). his relationship with bynum is irrelevant.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:40 AM
doesn't change the fact he did it. i don't know or care if bynum and bryant have a good relationship. i was pointing out bryant's pattern of throwing people under a bus (shaq, the lakers, bynum). his relationship with bynum is irrelevant.

I was just relieved to finally drag you kicking & screaming to our 15th ring.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:40 AM

Kobe never threw Shaq under a bus. His interview with Jim Gray was merely the truth as history pointed out. And he wanted the Lakers to build a title contender. He didn't really throw them under the bus. He put them in a very difficult position with his demands but look at where it got them.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Kobe never threw Shaq under a bus.

Milk, Kobe ratted Daddy out to the cops. That was low.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Milk, Kobe ratted Daddy out to the cops. That was low.

Oct de liebe!

That's the process of interrogations.

These guys are trained to get people to say things they don't want to say.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:46 AM
Oct de liebe!

That's the process of interrogations.

These guys are trained to get people to say things they don't want to say.

Nonsense. Kobe did it because he's horribly immature & monumentally spiteful. It was inexcusable.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Nonsense. Kobe did it because he's horribly immature & monumentally spiteful. It was inexcusable.

So I assume you were in the room and know the exact situation?

What exactly did Kobe say?

07-25-2009, 01:48 AM
I was just relieved to finally drag you kicking & screaming to our 15th ring.
don't worry i know the lakers have 15. don't be so insecure, it ruins your trolling.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
So I assume you were in the room and know the exact situation?

What exactly did Kobe say?

Something to the effect that Daddy got out of similar situations by paying the girls off.

That nearly cost Daddy his marriage not to mention numerous trips to the woodshed by Mrs. Daddy and no more extra slap & tickle sessions across the nation.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:51 AM
don't worry i know the lakers have 15. don't be so insecure, it ruins your trolling.

Well for somebody who knew about the 15th you gave me a helluva fight to get you to cite it this evening, Chief.

milkshakeballa
07-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Something to the effect that Daddy got out of similar situations by paying the girls off.

That nearly cost Daddy his marriage not to mention numerous trips to the woodshed by Mrs. Daddy and no more extra slap & tickle sessions across the nation.

Did Kobe speak the truth?

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Did Kobe speak the truth?

C'mon, Milk, don't defend Kobe on this point. It was wrong for him to rat Daddy out like that. Don't you know, it's indefensable.

symple19
07-25-2009, 03:19 AM

Dude, did you say best coach in sporting history??????!!!He's not even the best coach in Basketball history...Red and Wooden are far, far better. That's just basketball...Wow, I'll look at you a whole different way now. Yikes

Summers
07-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Culburn has the personality or a certain Mr. Alton Brown.

Do not speak ill of Alton Brown. I'd marry that man.

ginobili's bald spot
07-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Dude, did you say best coach in sporting history??????!!!He's not even the best coach in Basketball history...Red and Wooden are far, far better. That's just basketball...Wow, I'll look at you a whole different way now. Yikes

How is Red "far far better"? :lol You are an idiot.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Do not speak ill of Alton Brown. I'd marry that man.

Gee, Summers talkin' back & everything. Kinda makes me horny, sugarbritches.

gaKNOW!blee
07-25-2009, 07:11 PM

I don't get your sig...I know he said I like dick...but why did he say pause?

symple19
07-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Phil is great at handling players and their egos, not coaching them. Tex Winter came up with the triangle offense which Phil has now used for years. He's also a master of putting himself in a great position to take advantage of a situation. Wooden and Red coached at the same place for years and continued to win despite the turnover of players. Dumbass homer lakerfan. Have you sold any crack or flipped any cars lately???

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Red coached at the same place for years and continued to win despite the turnover of players.

But, Red only has 9 rings.

Jackson has 10.

Tougheth lucketh for the dead guy, but, that is the way the cookie crumbles.

symple19
07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
But, Red only has 9 rings.

Jackson has 10.

Tougheth lucketh for the dead guy, but, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
The question wasn't,"how many rings", but,"who the best coach is". I gave props to Phil jack on what he does best.

TheSullyMonster
07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
The question is, how many of Red's players who had no coaching experience could have stepped in and coached his teams to multiple titles. Do you know?

I've got this odd feeling you're under the impression, and about to tell us a much greater number of Phil's players could, compared to Red's players.

Even though Player-Coaches were in vogue in Red's days.