PDA

View Full Version : what will be our big man rotation for next year?

bless1187
07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Spurs usually play a 4 man rotation at the PF and C position, and with the abundance of big man that we currently have on the team, it is going to be a bit hard to find playing time for all of them.

A. McDyess: he would be our starting PF, and would play about 26 mpg.

T. Duncan: he would be our starting C, and would play about 32 mpg.

D. Blair: he would be our first big off the bench to replace A. McDyess, and would play about 22 mpg.

the 4th big man spot is probably up for grab between I. Mahinmi or M. Haslip:

M. Haslip: he was a former lottery pick who came in the league with tremendous athleticism but nothing else. he went to Europe for a few years and really improved his game in which he now has a 3 pt shot and could put the ball on the floor. In recent years, Pop have liked using a skilled big (R. Horry and M. Bonner). i really believe Spurs brought him in for a reason. he would probably big our 4th big that comes in to replace T. Duncan, while moving A. McDyess to C, and would play about 16 mpg.

I. Mahinmi: he showed some signs of his potential during the summer league, but according to reports, Spurs' brass aren't really that high on him, and i wouldn't be surprised if he was used as a trade chip.

the last remaining spot is the situational big man spot which in the years past is the K. Willis and T. Massenburg role. he will probably ride the bench for most of the year unless foul trouble or injuries occur, and he is ready to come in and contribute.

T. Ratliff: he really fits this role perfectly, he is a veteran who doesn't need to play every game, and when he's numbers called, he will be ready to come in, also he's one of the best shot blocker in the NBA in the last decade.

M. Bonner: he's our best shooting big man on the team, but i don't see how he fits that role that well, since his D isn't really that good. If we are in need of offense during a stretch of the game, i just see Pop going small: T. Parker, R. Mason, M. Ginobili, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan.

i seriously do not see any way in which we could carry all the big man on the team, and i believe that I. Mahinmi and M. Bonner might be the one moved.

mookie2001
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
mockie

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Mookie is the starting center obviously.