http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=luqaht

MaNu4Tres
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
:jack

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131896

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131891

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
If we played fantasy basketball and I offered you that trade would you take it?

Bruno
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
:bang

BacktoBasics
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm sick and tired of this shit already.

EricB
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Fing Spursreport...

mikeb2016
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Check this out:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=luqaht

Timmy,

I know you are wanting to add some youth to the frontline to help your knees age well, but there is a reason that Pop and RC run the front office, and you anchor the team on the hardwood. You see, as much as it seems that the Bulls FO has their heads up their behinds most of the time, they are not in fact clinically and legally insane. They would have to get something for trading away Tyrus Thomas, and Finley, Bonner and a five dollar bill will only get them a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I like that you are trying to stir up some conversation in the dog days of summer...but at least keep it plausible, please.

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Actually yes. A center that can shoot 3s at a high percentage is great. His defense isn't a stat in fantasy basketball.

No way dude. You can pick guys up off of waivers for free that shoot 3's and rebound like Bonner.

Defense is a category (blocks, steals, rebounds...) Tyrus owns those two in fantasy.

TIMMYD!
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
sorry if you didn't like it I was just toying around with it and decided to post it.

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
sorry if you didn't like it I was just toying around with it and decided to post it.

Its all good, it is just that trades in the NBA are very difficult. You have to ask yourself a lot of questions and they all have to be met in order for a trade to succeed.

1) Why would both teams do it?

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nupkmd

Yeah..this works too...doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

cd98
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
People who propose ridiculous trades. How would we respond if someone offered us two scrubs with bad contracts, say Eric Dampier and Antoine Wright, for Tony Parker. What are the chances we make that trade? Even if we get salary cap space in 2010.

Dex
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm sick and tired of this shit already.

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh god, it just doesn't end... Where's the face palm pic?

Extra Stout
07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Do dimmer switches work with those new fluorescent light bulb doohickeys?

z0sa
07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
this will happen at ST every offseason.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Stfu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeb2016
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Do dimmer switches work with those new fluorescent light bulb doohickeys?

something tells me this is an inside joke that i am on the outside of, but on the off chance that you are actually wondering the answer to that question, the fact that i am in the lighting industry compels me to answer...

only if the lights are labeled dimmable, and almost zero are. the technology for dimmable compact fluorescent screw-in lamps is like the reign of the Oklahoma City Thunder...its not there yet, and you are not sure it ever will be, but you can definitely see it taking over in about 3 years.

BacktoBasics
07-23-2009, 04:42 PM
LMAO guy, you don't have to read it. At the same time maybe this thread belongs in the think tank.You're right I don't have to read it and for the most part shit like this flooding the forum is what has kept me from posting here more regularly.

Its an absolutely worthless post with zero merit. If it had even a shred of value I wouldn't have even commented.

Useruser666
07-23-2009, 04:55 PM
something tells me this is an inside joke that i am on the outside of, but on the off chance that you are actually wondering the answer to that question, the fact that i am in the lighting industry compels me to answer...

only if the lights are labeled dimmable, and almost zero are. the technology for dimmable compact fluorescent screw-in lamps is like the reign of the Oklahoma City Thunder...its not there yet, and you are not sure it ever will be, but you can definitely see it taking over in about 3 years.

I can't believe I'm doing this....

They have dimmable compact fluoresnt screw in lamps at Home Depot....

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
The regular fluorescent bulbs will dim, but they make a buzzing noise when not at full brightness.

easjer
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
The value of this thread was saved by the discussion on dimmable flourescent bulbs, which are apparently available at Home Depot, and which, after careful thought (more thought than was given to this trade proposal, I suspect), I have decided not to purchase, because of the potential buzzing.

Also because we have no dimmable lamps, but ignoring that sort of common sense seems par for the course for this thread, so there you are.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
No, the regular ones buzz -- I haven't bought a dimmable one. I'm waiting a few years before the regular one goes out, then I will go to Home Depot to buy a proper nonbuzzing dimmable one.

Useruser666
07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
The regular fluorescent bulbs will dim, but they make a buzzing noise when not at full brightness.

The value of this thread was saved by the discussion on dimmable flourescent bulbs, which are apparently available at Home Depot, and which, after careful thought (more thought than was given to this trade proposal, I suspect), I have decided not to purchase, because of the potential buzzing.

Also because we have no dimmable lamps, but ignoring that sort of common sense seems par for the course for this thread, so there you are.

They have new bulbs specifically for dimmable switches now. They are labeled as such, and I think have solved the buzzing issues of regular fluorescents. The old bulbs could also short out if used with a dimmer.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
So if I could stand the buzzing, I might be able to short out the regular bulb and force myself to go to Home Depot and by the dimmable bulb.

Well, I now have my offseason project to get me through to October!

gmanrulz
07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
If we played fantasy basketball and I offered you that trade would you take it?

if i sent you kurt thomas, bowen, and oberto for RJ would you take it?

EricB
07-23-2009, 05:28 PM

If I owned a basketball team and was losing money hand over fist and had to save money, yes.

gmanrulz
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
If I owned a basketball team and was losing money hand over fist and had to save money, yes.

was responding to his reference to fantasy basketball. thanks

spursfaninla
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
You really should not use a regular bulb with a dimmer. Not only could it short out, it will drastically reduce the lifetime of the bulb.

The harder question: will a regular bulb live a natural, long life if used in a "triple" (three brightness settings) lamp?

K-State Spur
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
No way dude. You can pick guys up off of waivers for free that shoot 3's and rebound like Bonner.

Defense is a category (blocks, steals, rebounds...) Tyrus owns those two in fantasy.

actually, bigs that can shoot like bonner (at least in the regular season) are pretty rare.

doesn't mean that a big with cajones and the stereotypical big man talents doesn't provide more value - only that you should give a little (and only a little) credit where it's due.

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Bingo, we have a winner. Just because the Bucks would do a salary dump, does not mean the Bulls, who are a playoff team would do the same for young "under paid" talent.

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
actually, bigs that can shoot like bonner (at least in the regular season) are pretty rare.

doesn't mean that a big with cajones and the stereotypical big man talents doesn't provide more value - only that you should give a little (and only a little) credit where it's due.

Are you talking about fantasy basketball or real life? If fantasy, stop talkin'.

Real life, I agree. I am a Bonner fan (for the Spurs). I am big on the diversification rule on building a roster. Bonner adds a dimension the Spurs need and that no one else on the roster really brings (maybe Haislip, but he is unknown).

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM

If you are speaking about fantasy, then HELL NO. So what is the point?

gmanrulz
07-23-2009, 07:03 PM
If you are speaking about fantasy, then HELL NO. So what is the point?

that just becuase it doesnt work in fantasy doesnt necesarily mean it wont in real life

Chillen
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Haha, yeah right, the Bulls will never do that proposed trade. They could get more value for Tyrus than that...

easjer
07-23-2009, 07:05 PM
No, the regular ones buzz -- I haven't bought a dimmable one. I'm waiting a few years before the regular one goes out, then I will go to Home Depot to buy a proper nonbuzzing dimmable one.

:lol @ waiting a few years. Ours don't buzz (regular fluorescents).

I still don't have a dimmable lamp.

DPG21920
07-23-2009, 07:06 PM
that just becuase it doesnt work in fantasy doesnt necesarily mean it wont in real life

That makes no sense and that was not my point. There are many facets to a trade and getting garbage in return for a young talented player makes 0 sense.

If you are going to bring up the RJ trade, that made sense for the broke/rebuilding Bucks, looking to dump an overpaid older player.

benefactor
07-23-2009, 07:09 PM
100 posts.

gmanrulz
07-23-2009, 07:19 PM
That makes no sense and that was not my point. There are many facets to a trade and getting garbage in return for a young talented player makes 0 sense.

If you are going to bring up the RJ trade, that made sense for the broke/rebuilding Bucks, looking to dump an overpaid older player.

thats what im saying its case by case. I dont get how your fantasy reference had anything to do with why this deal wont work.

SpursWoman
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
The florescent light over my desk at work buzzes and it drives me crazy. I don't think it's supposed to dim, but it does all day anyway.

easjer
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
That is annoying. One of the lights in my office does that, SW.

Oh, and I still think the premise of this thread is ridiculous.

MRduncan2010
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
tired of all this trade finley crap he came here to win multiple rings now lets give them to him

mikeb2016
07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this....

They have dimmable compact fluoresnt screw in lamps at Home Depot....

The cheap stuff they sell at Home Depot is fine for residential usage, but its still not great product. The reason we do not sell a bunch of them commercially is because, as I stated, the technology is not there yet. The life rating on those lamps are usually 6,000-8,000 hours...what we sell commerically is 8,000-15,000 depending on the lamp and manufacturer.

The buzzing noise is the ballast inside the lamp. Screw-in CFL's have a built in ballast, and unless it is a dimmable ballast/lamp, the ballast is not designed for electrical flow reduction, thus causing the humm/buzzing noise.

I am not a tree hugger, I don't believe in man-made global warming (neither do a majority of the non-politically funded scientists studying the issue, but that is another subject for another time), but you can save a decent amount of money by switching to CFL's and dimmers. Electricity bills areonly going to rise, with the new cap-and-tax regulations the current administration is trying pass...as much as I hate forced regulation, you probably won't be able to buy incandescent light bubls in 10 years.

The dimmables may still buzz slightly, because most of what they sell @ Home Depot/Lowe's is not good quality and the ballasts are very cheaply made.

They have new bulbs specifically for dimmable switches now. They are labeled as such, and I think have solved the buzzing issues of regular fluorescents. The old bulbs could also short out if used with a dimmer.

They are better, but still not perfect...the manufacturer's will not even warranty them yet.

So if I could stand the buzzing, I might be able to short out the regular bulb and force myself to go to Home Depot and by the dimmable bulb.

Well, I now have my offseason project to get me through to October!

I don't even have much to say to this one, but I didn't want this posting to feel left out...

You really should not use a regular bulb with a dimmer. Not only could it short out, it will drastically reduce the lifetime of the bulb.

The harder question: will a regular bulb live a natural, long life if used in a "triple" (three brightness settings) lamp?

Excellent point...life will be drastically reduced if a non-dimmable is placed on a dimmer, EVEN if you do not dim. The ballast cannot handle anything but a constant and consistent energy flow.

To answer the three-way question, yes, the light bulb will be just fine. Three-ways are designed to work with three-way lamps (which you can find in a CFL), but the ballast is running on the same power because the way a three-way light switch works. Thus a regular lamp is treated like a three-way but with just one setting, in this system.

:lol @ waiting a few years. Ours don't buzz (regular fluorescents).

I still don't have a dimmable lamp.

This message seemed lonely, so I included it as well. It was kinda like the kid who sat alone at lunch in high school, all the while wishing the cool kids would come by and ask him to sit with them...

And before you assume I was that kid, I will confess I wasn't even as cool as him...I was the nerd studyig, doing homework, or otherwise being anti-social.

The florescent light over my desk at work buzzes and it drives me crazy. I don't think it's supposed to dim, but it does all day anyway.

This is a ballast problem...if you work in a commercial office building, the building engineer should be able to help out. But definitely a ballast issue...

That is annoying. One of the lights in my office does that, SW.

Oh, and I still think the premise of this thread is ridiculous.

Again, a ballast problem. And again, I agree that trading Tyrus Thomas for Fin and Bonner is far-fetched, but at least we could have a productive conversation about lighting, eh?

bluebellmaniac
07-23-2009, 10:09 PM
We need to keep these expiring contracts so we can sign Splitter next year.

bluebellmaniac
07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
We are not wasting another year for TD. Pop himself has said that if he doesn't get #5 this year he should be fired. Those expiring contracts set us up with Ian, DeJuan and SPLITTER. These could be the equivalent of 3 lottery picks... they could be the future of our spurs after TD...

my $0.02