PDA

View Full Version : NRA warns senators on Sotomayor vote; CoC backs her

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
i lol'd

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/23/nra-warns-senators-on-sotomayor-vote-coc-backs-her/

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
i'm just laughing at the title. didn't even read the story.

Bender
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
NRA knows she'll be confirmed... they are doing their job anyway...

favorable gun rights decisions will be non-existent during this administration.

mrsmaalox
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.thecollegefootballreview.com/images/MiscHumorous/HairFire.jpg

EricB
07-23-2009, 04:43 PM
nra knows she'll be confirmed... They are doing their job anyway...

Pro constitution decisions will be non-existent during this administration .

fify

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2009, 04:47 PM
i should've labeled this "funny headlines" or something. this is nothing political. that's why i posted this in The Club instead of Politics.

mrsmaalox
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
i should've labeled this "funny headlines" or something. this is nothing political. that's why i posted this in The Club instead of Politics.

Oh okay. Sorry ;)

Bender
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
sad but true, EricB...

07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
sad but true, EricB...

Where were you during the last administration? :rolleyes

EricB
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Where were you during the last administration? :rolleyes

So one does it, then its ok for the other.

Gotcha.

JoeChalupa
07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Nobody is going to take your guns. Not even close.

Bender
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
what I said was "pro-gun decisions will be non-existent during this administration"

nobody said stormtroopers were gonna kick down doors and take everyone's guns.

That won't happen for another 10-15 years.

balli
07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
This country isn't pro-gun enough? What possible pro-gun decisions are left to be made? Maybe it's because I'm in crazy ass Utah, but it seems to me like gun owners are pretty much allowed to buy, carry or use any gun they damn well please. Other than of course, allowing certain state concealed carry laws to trump other states' laws, what's left? For the courts or legislature?

(And given that plenty of card carrying Republicans voted against that measure yesterday, I think it's safe to label it a pipe-dream of a Pandora's Box.)

Summers
07-23-2009, 07:23 PM
i'm just laughing at the title. didn't even read the story.

Heh-heh. You said "cock".

Bender
07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
balli - as far as I know, Utah is one of the best states for gun owners. Most states aren't as good.

stuff that is coming, such as the AWB ("assault" weapons, GMAFB... what they mean is "semi-auto ban").

The Brady Campaign (gun haters) scores Utah as 4 out of 100. 100 being best according to Brady (as anti-gun as possible), 1 being extremely lax with gun laws.

California is ranked highest by Brady (score 79). CA is called Commie-fornia by many gun owners. Texas scores a 9 according to Brady. TX is getting worse, they have been passing stuff lately that Brady is supporting. When I go to gun shows in TX, a great number of the guns are labeled "not legal in California"

CA, NY, Mass, NJ are basically like different countries (ie not living in America) when it comes to gun rights.

Sarah Brady is working towards a utopian country where everybody holds hands and sings songs, and there is no violence.

and here comes Sotomayer, saying that states can do whatever they want to gun laws, regardless of what is protected by the constitution.