PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Be Left Off The Playoff Roster?

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 03:09 AM
If it it's up to you, what would you do?

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 03:16 AM
TMass, i think. Or Wilks. Or Nazr. Really, it depends on the player's performance in the Spurs' next 8 games.:angel

sorry, if it would be me, to pick only 1 player-Wilks.
We need the big men right now. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 03:17 AM
If you have to pick right now, make a choice.

SLOVENIAN 8
Wilks!!

T Park
Johnson Wilks Massenburg.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Spurs are going to need Tmass for his toughness and his angry mentality, he's the only guy i can think of right now who will knock someone on there butt if needed.

xcoriate
04-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Johnson, Wilks, Mass (or Nazr)

Not fussed over the third to be left off

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Spurs are going to need Tmass for his toughness and his angry mentality, he's the only guy i can think of right now who will knock someone on there butt if needed...hey, it's the playoffs not a boxing bout:D

don't worry...we already have the BIG DOG taking care of that. :lol :lol

timvp
04-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Tha Third is out for sure. Wilks most likely. I think the other spot comes down to Marks or Mohammed.

If Devin has a setback, that would change it.

If GRob doesn't cut it and gets cut, that could change it.

AFE7FATMAN
04-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Johnson, Wilks, and Devin.

Devin sould be done for the year. A bright future, don't risk it.

nzkickass
04-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Johnson, Wilks, Mohammed

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-07-2005, 04:27 AM
I think it comes down to marks and muhommed, and as much as i have liked marks energy, if its gonna come down to spurs vs. miami, we are gonna need Nazr's bigger body.

Gummi
04-07-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm almost 100% sure that they won't leave Massenburg out. Not after what happened to him in Sacramento. Pop's not going to do that. Also Nazr is going to make the roster because he's a better player then Marks. Even though Nazr hasn't been playing up to his standard, I just can't see Marks battling Shaq in the Finals or any other big men down low. Nazr has been doing that since he came into this league. Don't forget that Nazr has been proven in this league for years, and Marks hasn't done that.

Now, if Devin is really struggling with his back and it will linger untill the playoffs starts, I'm sure Pop will leave him off the roster due to his injury. Then he'll probably add either Marks or Wilks, probably Marks.

If not. My vote for, Wilks, Johnson, and Marks.

sa_butta
04-07-2005, 08:03 AM
gotta go with
Johnson, Wilks and Mohommed
Mohommed hasnt really shown anything
I think that is the only real issue here
Mohommed or Tmass
and I agree I think Tmas is more aggressive.

sa_butta
04-07-2005, 08:05 AM
starting lineup

parker
duncan
robinson
ginobili
rasho
maybe?

wow!why start Robinson over bowen
bowen is the starter in that spot
Robinson doesnt know the system well
enough to start.

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 08:05 AM
It all depends on Devin's health. If Devin is healthy, he will obviously make it.

sa_butta
04-07-2005, 08:19 AM
It all depends on Devin's health. If Devin is healthy, he will obviously make it.that will change things

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 08:21 AM
If Devin is healthy then I say

Johnson
Wilks
Marks/Nazr

If Nazr can't show anything then he will have to work himself into the system during training camp.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2005, 08:49 AM
with the uncertainty of Duncan and Devon's availability at this time Wilks is the only lock to get left off the roster...Brent Barry's recent ressurection and his ability to play at the backup point will assure that.

Johnsons an easy second to leave off...

It's a tough call after that...Nazr's pedigree and potential (and contract) should make him a lock to make the roster but his recent play hasn't made it an easy decision. Marks and TMass are both playing with more energy within the system...

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Johnsons,Wilks,Marks

Will need Mass and Naz'r for 1 or 2 games during the playoff run to have great games. Have no faith or trust in Sean MARKS

Warlord23
04-07-2005, 09:13 AM
If Devin isn't healthy, then Johnson, Wilks, Devin.

If Devin is good to go, then Johnson, Wilks, Marks.

In the latter scenario it's a close one between Marks, Nazr and Massenburg. But the latter two can be used against Shaq ... and ultimately it'll come down to that if we reach the Finals.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 09:42 AM
starting lineup

parker
duncan
robinson
ginobili
rasho
maybe?

wow!Yet another "Bench Bowen" take.

wow!

gophergeorge
04-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Yet another "Bench Bowen" take.

wow!

Really.... let's bench a DPOY candidate for Mr. NO-D Robinson.... For Christ's Sake!!! :)

Mr. Body
04-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Agree with some of the above:

With Barry covering the point after Udrih, Wilks is expendable.

1) Wilks

Linton Johnson III is barely a rumor

2) Johnson

If Devin Brown is in any way doubtful at the end of the year (threat of relapse, etc.), with a big especially to how well Glenn Robinson plays, then it's Brown. If by godly fiat Brown is good to go, then take out a big.

3a) Brown

3b) Mohammed or Marks

If Mohammed shows nothing significant by the end of the year, then take Marks and ask Nazr to wait until training camp, thank you very much. Marks is getting lots of time - Pop is giving him a long look.

bigzak25
04-07-2005, 11:07 AM
i don't care that he's a big body, Massenburg doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

neither does Nazr, but i'm really trying to think who's D is more valuable, his or wilks. IF Dev is hurt, these two both make it, but if Dev comes back, i regrettably agree to sit wilks, because if wade or billups or nash start heating up, pop could move bruce or manu over them on D for a bit.....

that's what i think....and lets face it, if Rasho doesn't come to play vs the bigs in our way, then Mass ain't gonna matter much.

Brodels
04-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I went with Johnson, Wilks, and Marks.

Johnson hasn't really had an opportunity to show that he can contribute, and when he has played, he's been very average. I hope the Spurs keep him around because I like his potential, but it's clear that he doesn't belong on the playoff roster.

Ballhandlers are important in the playoffs and I've been very happy with Wilks this season, but I just don't think the Spurs will need him. Tony is going to play big minutes and Beno has done a great job as his backup. I would feel comfortable with Beno playing extended minutes if it becomes necessary. He plays like a veteran. In a pinch, Barry and Manu can play point guard. Thanks for your help, Wilks, but it's better to take an extra big.

I like Marks a lot and recognize that he's been playing well lately. That having been said, I would take Massenburg's experience and bulk over what Marks brings to the table. Massenburg isn't going to tear it up and he's likely to get into foul trouble quickly, but he understands what it means to play in the playoffs and he's not afraid to put a body on someone. If either of these two end up having to play signficant minutes in the playoffs, the Spurs are in big trouble anyway.

I chose to keep Glenn Robinson on the playoff roster because he played well last night. That's subject to change though. If he still looks like a good fit after a few more games, keep him. I'm not sold on him yet even though he had a good game.

I chose to include Devin Brown, but only if he's completely healthy. He can help the team if he plays like he's capable of playing, but if he isn't 100 percent, I'd rather see Pop choose another player for the playoff roster. It all depends on his health.

I also chose to keep Nazr. I still feel that he can help in the playoffs. He has a combination of athleticism, aggressiveness, and experience that Marks and Massenburg don't have. He hasn't played very well lately, but I think he can be a difference maker because he's got the tools and he's done it before. He brings more to the table than Marks and Massenburg. Horry is going to be the first big man off the bench, but Nazr should see some playoff minutes too.

picnroll
04-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Agree with Mr Body.

If Brown can go Nazr seems to be working his way off the playoff roster. Marks is getting into a groove with PT and his mid-range shot will come in handy if he gets steady with it. Nazr gives one more big body to lean on Shaq but Spurs should be able to make do with Rasho, Mass and TD

Streakyshooter08
04-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Rasho/ Nazr/ Sean
Timmy/ Robert
Bowen/ Glenn
Gino/ Brent/ Devin (if there is a chance to get healthy)
Tony/ Beno

Thats what I would do. Maybe they will take T-Mass instead of Marks but I think that they will take Nazr and Glenn into the playoffs. Glenn still has to show what he can do in the next games, one game isn't enough to judge, but it could have been worse. I am looking forward to tonights game...

TNT21
04-07-2005, 12:01 PM
How about Manu, Tim, and Tony! How far do you think we'll go then?

wildbill2u
04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Johnson is a no brainer. Devin because I'm guessing he wont be ready and the Spurs won't take a chance. Final choice came down to wilks and massenberg. We might need another speedy guard. Massenberg hasn't even been doing as well as Marks lately despite being a 'wily veteran.'

Massenberg doesn't get the final spot on the roster because he didn't get one last year. Pop doesn't make those promises.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Bump.

I'm wondering how Rasho's injury will affect Pop's choices for the playoff roster. It seems like that T-mass is a lock after his performance last night and after Rasho's injury. Before the injury, I'd have thought Nazr was going to be the odd man out with Wilks. When is the deadline to select a roster?

How does the IR list work (if at all) during the playoffs? Say that Rasho is not able to come back during the last week of the regular season. Can they put Rasho on the IR list, and pull him off once the playoffs are under way? Or are IR listed players off limits once the playoffs are under way?