PDA

View Full Version : Old Guys Vs. New Guys

Rob123
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I was called a Spurs homer on another board by a supposed Spurs fan for saying that Blair and Haislip could make the rotation and be solid contributors if everything pans out well.

The supposed Spurs fan says I overhyped them and they wont get any play time behind Bonner and Finley.

Now I'm a big enough man, If I'm incorrect I'll eat my crow and apologize for some nasty things I said to him.

However, I'd like to see input from the rest of the spurs community. Maybe I'm just crazy to think that Blair and guys like Haislip and possibly even Mahinmi could be solid bench players.

Lifes more fun if you're crazy anyway.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Couldn't you just post something negative about Manu?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Seriously though, Blair is already penciled in for at least 20 mpg -- and Haislip could conceivably beat out the 10 other big men behind Blair right now.

FkLA
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
They'll make the rotation, as far as solid contributors goes we'll have to wait and see...I have confidence in Blari but Haislip Im not too sure.

Rob123
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Couldn't you just post something negative about Manu?

I only have two NBA jerseys, Arenas and Manu both hung proudly in my room.

2000-2008 playoff against hornets Manu is my all time favorite player. Guy has incredibly heart, I have nothing negative to say about him. However, if he never fully recovers from injury, then you're right I'm of the opinion that the Spurs should start making contingency plans. I'm still of the opinion Manu will never be the same, but please dont mistake me for a Manu hater, I'd love nothing more than to eat my crow about him, I want to see him tear teams apart like 05 Manu again.

Stay on topic now.

Dex
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Certain "old guys" will be in the rotation regardless. We all know what to expect for the Big Three. I expect McDyess to log solid minutes wether he comes off the bench or starts. Same goes for Jefferson obviously.

It will come down to Blair, Mahinmi, Haislip, Ratliff, and Bonner (assuming he isn't traded) fighting for the remaining minutes at bigman. I think that due to their summer league play, Blair and Mahinmi will be given their chances early and will see the majority of these minutes, to see if they can produce. We still have to wait until Preseason to see what, if anything Haislip, will have to offer.

I think Ratliff and Bonner will be more of an insurance policy and used situationally. If the rookies don't pan out, I could see Pop gradually pulling their minutes and allotting them to the veteran players to fill, especially come playoff time. Unless, of course, one or both of these players really comes into their own.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
[not getting the joke]Congratulations.

Stay on topic now.I just did, doofus.

Rob123
07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Congratulations.I just did, doofus.

Ouch... my internet feelings.