PDA

View Full Version : Workout/Fitness Thread!!!!! Pump that iron Brah!

holcs50
07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Alright, I see the weight loss thread, but this isn't what that's about-it's about people interested in working out/staying in shape all while having a few brews (or a lot) for spurs games!!

Anyways, im going to start off addressing supplements as many go into working out looking for a quick fix because they got motivated and have extravagant plans of staying in the gym 5 days a week for months, but want to see results immediately-sorry to break your heart supps won't do that. You are much better off actually sticking to what you planned...if you do a few main things shit will happen for you----no doubt about it.

-Eat better, you don't have to all the sudden jump into a big calorie counting regimen, sometimes that might seem too much for people starting out, and just make simple adjustments aka instead of mayo on a turkey sandwich get mustard, don't use dressings, sauces, for snacks get some multi-grain bread and 1% milk instead of having that bag of chips or fries or whatever-simple adjustments here IMO can make a huge difference. At the same time don't go eating pizza and things with loads of cheese and fatty meat every day or two.

-Set a weekly program, stick to it. I know when I started I didn't stay up to it and was still drinking on weekends and taking days off and just doesn't work. If you want to change your look and become healthy it's going to take a lot of hard work---like they say it's not a sprint its a marathon

-Going along with that don't get discouraged, changes don't happen day to day they happen more week to week. Just as if you have a night of pizza and booze, if that's it you prob won't see it, just like if you go to the gym once or twice now and then your not going to see anything. Consistency is where it's at, the least you can do is give it a few weeks/a month

-Then come the supps, but before people worry about stacks and all the diff kinds get your basics down as listed above....get protein for after a workout....add a multi...do that for a little....add creatine if you stay with your plan....add a pre workout....Point is after time goes by and your staying with your diet/workouts then all these things come in handy but they don't make or break ya.

I am into the gym quite a bit now days, and would be happy to answer any questions about diets-workout programs-supplements-anything to help out anyone who wants to change their body/make themselves healthier. In the end work hard, stay consistent/disciplined, will look better, period.

PakiDan
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Dude - If you are serious about weight lifting, you have to check out this product. Most protien powders are 80 to 95 percent fillers, and the protein quality is so low, it has minimal effect. This friend of mine, who is a champion bodybuilder and a biochemist developed the perfect pure protein supplement. This stuff is the Rolls Royce of Protein. He wanted the perfect protein, and there was none out there, so he developed the stuff himself. I can get you a discount code if you want to try it.

http://www.steelmeal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=50

Biolife is his company... his brother is a bodybuilder too and made and produced the movie NO PAIN NO GAIN -- you can look it up. Here's a link. Mike's pick is on this page.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson211.htm

thispego
07-23-2009, 08:20 PM
my only problem is getting my eating habits in order. I'm too busy to eat 4-6 times a day like I need to.

hook me up with the discount code paki

ORION
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Muscle Juice

BadOdor
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I could use some advice.

I'm a person that can't stand working out or running - too boring. That's why I've been doing sports that I find fun for the past couple of moths. I pla almost every day, sometimes more(Tennis, soccer mostly). Also, I do about 100 pushups a day.

I wanna know though, how do I get a nice cut on my abs/biceps - will taking supplements help me there?

holcs50
07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=BadOdor;3583372]I could use some advice.

Paki-nice, i might check that out-i usually go with ON's gold standard protein, and not because it's popular just for the price it provides everything you need-IMHO every person should be taking protein shakes-so good for you and so low on fat and brings a lot of aminos and vitamins to the table. Plus if people really would like to lose weight take a shake instead of shit food, and much against what people think a lot of shakes really don't taste bad at all. ha.

Bad/Odor- that's awesome for cardio-doing soccer and tennis-great cardio as long as you stay active. I don't like to run either, i do elliptical and i will do the occasional 3 mile run but lots of pressure on your knee joints, your fine there. 100 pushups a day are great but you need to hit and isolate more muscles-pushups are great as an all upper body workout-it gets about eerything-but if you can go to a gym and isolate you'll likely see more gains. As far as the "pooch" or belly I still have a little one and it's the place unfortunately where most males store fat. No, supplements can't help you magically take it away. And ab workouts wont take it away either. Ab workouts make the muscle stronger....underneath...what you see is the fat on top of it...and the only and i mean only way to get it smaller is DIET, change little things and think about what your putting in your body....if you cut some fatty cals out, and keep up your cardio and weights-i guarantee you will see it go away-like i said not in a day or a week-it takes hard work and time-do work for a month i promise it will go down. Again tho it is the hardest area for a male to get cut, because you'll get other body parts cut first but if you do work it will come, just probably not as quick as you'd like. Remember also building up your other muscles and the more you have makes your body cut fat quicker also. More muscle burns fat faster.

thispego....honestly like in my original post I said people who want to really start getting a little more serious don't need the "perfect" diet. You DONT need the often recommended 4-6 smaller meals a day-this is a recommendation and yes it works but starting out who gives a fuck. That's more for people who have been seriously into lifting for awhile to spread out their meals so their metabolism stays constant and up. For you, you need to think about what your eating-like i said easy things-for lunch cut out things that are fatty.....

dressings, sauces (chipotle is Baaad), cheese (if you can i love cheese), fatter milk dairy products. You can still have an occasional burger or pizza-and to be honest i "cheat" more than i should it's just about daily think about your meals-not how many meals...Bread is great , most low low fat and protein, !% or lowfat milk, nuts (unsalted tho high in fat, its good fat), you can still eat a lot of good stuff-pastas, steaks...and really the best things are chicken and turkey. by far the best-keep slices of turkey in the fridge, your money, chicken the same.

E20
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Just felt like posting these:

http://www.famous-people-search.com/arnold_schwarzenegger/arnold_schwarzenegger_picture/arnold_schwarzenegger_002.jpg

http://www.famous-people-search.com/sylvester_stallone/sylvester_stallone_picture/sylvester_stallone_008.jpg

PakiDan
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
This is my boss - creator of Biolife Nutrition and Steel Meal Protien.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2006/drobson211msm.jpg

Bender
07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
E20 kinda gives me the creeps.

anyway, the thread topic, just have more sex...

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Haha, sex is good no doubt-but if anyone thinks that changes anything uh yea no.

E20-Arnold is really the official best body ever....i mean i really don't/or have ever wanted to body build like those guys-simple goal, get low body fat and a good weight for a 6-2 dude, and look cut-i mean it's easy to say but its really hard work and im only starting. Arnold is a tall dude and that's why he's waaaaay more impressive that stallone-stallone is bout 5-8, it's a lot easier to get a lot of muscle when you weight say 160-170 like stallone compared to 230-250 like arnold. Arnolds muscles in his arms probably could equal stallones muscles in his whole body.... no lie...arnold was massive....only thing i personally don't like is every bodybuilder takes roids-no if ands or buts-maybe 3% of pro bodybuilders don't take roids...it is what it is, arnie took mad roids, still think he's beastier than guys today even with all their new roids and bullshit.

And yea paki nice, your boss is def a bodybuilder, ill try it out probably in month or so. Your boss is a beast-im not lookin bodybuilding tho-just doin for myself-even tho i got a six doesn't mean im anywhere close to some people ive seen....it's fuckin hard. But i still drink and want to live life and not make the gym my only life-think that's ridiculous. Oh yea paki you on bb.com? I'm on there i post in the exercise and supp forums now and then-bb name is holcster is you have an account add me

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not into the whole protein supplement thing, I find a way to work out almost everday whether I'm in school or not. The best thing to do is eat a high protein meal and then work out extremely hard, it speeds your metabolism up like no other, your body doesn't have time to process the carbs and fat from the meal you ate, and you won't be hungry for awhile.

This has been my secret to eating unhealthy this summer and losing close to 20 pounds while adding muscle.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2009, 12:32 AM
It is fiscally impractical for someone as naturally skinny as me to try to gain alot of muscle, plus eating would become disgusting to me if I ate the required dosage of calories to gain alot of lean muscle.

I think the best thing anyone can do is lift weights 1-2 hours a day, mix in cardio and explosive/quick exercises, and give yourself one day during the week of not working out and eating whatever the fuck you want. Like ketchup popsicles and double bacon cheeseburger icecreams.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Nice DoK, but honestly that all has more to do with you eating better and prob working out more. right? Protein shakes are there for what they are, they aren't supposed to be a meal replacement-i mean some use it as that who think they want to just lose weight really quick-which u can do-but your going to lose muscle also-anyways protein shakes are honestly the most important supp imo. After every weight workout your muscles are thirsting for nutrients, and a lot of the fibers are torn, whey protein goes straight into those muscles if you take it say within 30 mins after your workout-it soaks it up-like really, ha. And DoK dont think protein shakes are gnarly there's way crazier shit im going to start taking soon-Not roids obviously, and not testosterone-cuz im clean-but creatine and NO does help if your consistent-but you gotta find the right brands. Wow im on fire tonight-each post is like 3 paragraphs, my bad, haha, just avoiding studying.

CharlieMac
07-24-2009, 12:42 AM
I've been suckered into a BodyPump (?) class at the Y tomorrow. I get Luby's out of it I think.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 12:47 AM
It is fiscally impractical for someone as naturally skinny as me to try to gain alot of muscle, plus eating would become disgusting to me if I ate the required dosage of calories to gain alot of lean muscle.

I think the best thing anyone can do is lift weights 1-2 hours a day, mix in cardio and explosive/quick exercises, and give yourself one day during the week of not working out and eating whatever the fuck you want. Like ketchup popsicles and double bacon cheeseburger icecreams.

man i totally agree-supps are usually cash down the drain. Shit, in college id buy the protein tubs, u know, and then use a few scoops during the week and then go booze. ha. pointless. But now to say its not practical for you to get bigger is ridic. I mean i was a skinny , really skinny kid. This is it, buy loafs of bread-i mean that's cheap like 3/4 bucks for a loaf, buy a gallon of non fat or 1% milk and just go at that in between your normal meals...cheap, very effective, and then having a nice protein shake in between helps. Honestly idk where you go , or if you go to buy stuff but gnc is a huuuuuuge ripoff... i dont want to throw up sites but bodybuilding.com has everything you'll ever need to know about supps, workouts, and you can buy anything for really cheap there.

IF you find something you want I have a discount code , pm me and ill hook ya up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Nice DoK, but honestly that all has more to do with you eating better and prob working out more. right?

I've lost 60 pounds all in all (I used to be a real fat ass). The first 40 were due to strict eating and working out. The last 20 were due to timing my unhealthy meals right and having a better metabolism cause of more muscle.

BadOdor
07-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Nice DoK, but honestly that all has more to do with you eating better and prob working out more. right? Protein shakes are there for what they are, they aren't supposed to be a meal replacement-i mean some use it as that who think they want to just lose weight really quick-which u can do-but your going to lose muscle also-anyways protein shakes are honestly the most important supp imo. After every weight workout your muscles are thirsting for nutrients, and a lot of the fibers are torn, whey protein goes straight into those muscles if you take it say within 30 mins after your workout-it soaks it up-like really, ha. And DoK dont think protein shakes are gnarly there's way crazier shit im going to start taking soon-Not roids obviously, and not testosterone-cuz im clean-but creatine and NO does help if your consistent-but you gotta find the right brands. Wow im on fire tonight-each post is like 3 paragraphs, my bad, haha, just avoiding studying.

Should I be taking protein shakes after regular workouts? usually I go out and play for at least 1 hour, most of the time closer to 2.

E20
07-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Haha, sex is good no doubt-but if anyone thinks that changes anything uh yea no.

E20-Arnold is really the official best body ever....i mean i really don't/or have ever wanted to body build like those guys-simple goal, get low body fat and a good weight for a 6-2 dude, and look cut-i mean it's easy to say but its really hard work and im only starting. Arnold is a tall dude and that's why he's waaaaay more impressive that stallone-stallone is bout 5-8, it's a lot easier to get a lot of muscle when you weight say 160-170 like stallone compared to 230-250 like arnold. Arnolds muscles in his arms probably could equal stallones muscles in his whole body.... no lie...arnold was massive....only thing i personally don't like is every bodybuilder takes roids-no if ands or buts-maybe 3% of pro bodybuilders don't take roids...it is what it is, arnie took mad roids, still think he's beastier than guys today even with all their new roids and bullshit.

And yea paki nice, your boss is def a bodybuilder, ill try it out probably in month or so. Your boss is a beast-im not lookin bodybuilding tho-just doin for myself-even tho i got a six doesn't mean im anywhere close to some people ive seen....it's fuckin hard. But i still drink and want to live life and not make the gym my only life-think that's ridiculous. Oh yea paki you on bb.com? I'm on there i post in the exercise and supp forums now and then-bb name is holcster is you have an account add me

Stallone in his prime weighed around 215-220 and he was still pretty much ripped.(Rocky IV/Rambo 3 area).

I think the Stallone pic was taken during his preperation of the role for Demolition Man.

Yeah I'm a supplement freak, that's what I normally waste my money on. I've tried a lot of things.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I think the supplement shakes are best used as small in between meal snacks...they should not really be a big part of your overall daily calorie intake.
Eggs are cheap as fuck, just eat alot of those, minus the yolk.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:44 AM
I've lost 60 pounds all in all (I used to be a real fat ass). The first 40 were due to strict eating and working out. The last 20 were due to timing my unhealthy meals right and having a better metabolism cause of more muscle.

Badass DoK-man seriously some people just give up, and fuckin happy you got all those pounds off, props, hard work. If you don't mind me asking whats your frame now-height/weight (or u can pm it to me). Either way man each program system whatever works diff for each people-i dont follow any routine, i just know when i eat bad, i know what workouts i did the last weak, just simple things to keep in your head so you can mix shit up

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Should I be taking protein shakes after regular workouts? usually I go out and play for at least 1 hour, most of the time closer to 2.

badodor, ok, so u gotta explain to me. Do you lift weight then go play for an hour or two? Or is the hour or 2 is your lifting time. Honestly Your probably young right? If your under 16 you really don't need anything, let your body grow out and then i'll give ya some tips. And as for protein, the time you MUST take it is after you stop playing or working out-this is when your muscles are tired and need nutrients. You can also take protein shakes whenever, its 100% safe, its a nutrient we all get everyday so taking shakes is just giving more protein than normal----which is good if you want to build muscle. Protein=most important supp/normal nutrient that you need to build muscle.

sorry for double posting-having got the hang of the quoting into one post

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Stallone in his prime weighed around 215-220 and he was still pretty much ripped.(Rocky IV/Rambo 3 area).

I think the Stallone pic was taken during his preperation of the role for Demolition Man.

Yeah I'm a supplement freak, that's what I normally waste my money on. I've tried a lot of things.

hmm, ok , ill take your word for it-i know stallone is SHORT tho, ive had friends see him face to face he cant be more than 5'9. But he might've been up to 205 or so i dont know about 220 but idc ill believe ya, ha. As for supps, you take creatine? NO? multi-vitamins? What products for all those do you use? triple post , haaa, sorry.

BadOdor
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
badodor, ok, so u gotta explain to me. Do you lift weight then go play for an hour or two? Or is the hour or 2 is your lifting time. Honestly Your probably young right? If your under 16 you really don't need anything, let your body grow out and then i'll give ya some tips. And as for protein, the time you MUST take it is after you stop playing or working out-this is when your muscles are tired and need nutrients. You can also take protein shakes whenever, its 100% safe, its a nutrient we all get everyday so taking shakes is just giving more protein than normal----which is good if you want to build muscle. Protein=most important supp/normal nutrient that you need to build muscle.

sorry for double posting-having got the hang of the quoting into one post

Hey holc,

I'm actually 21, soon to be 22, and sadly I'm done growing:(
But the 1-2 hours is just my usual play time, I don't go to the gym or anything, and the only weight are lift are these 15 pound ones I have at home, and I do some sets with those everyday to work on my biceps.
I am in pretty good shape, I just wanna get that ripped bicep/ab look, I'm close, but not quite there, and I don't know what else to change - I ear pretty healthy, no soda's, try to eat vegetables, etc.

Are there any particular nutriens/protein shakes you could reccomand? I've never had any.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Hey holc,

I'm actually 21, soon to be 22, and sadly I'm done growing:(
But the 1-2 hours is just my usual play time, I don't go to the gym or anything, and the only weight are lift are these 15 pound ones I have at home, and I do some sets with those everyday to work on my biceps.
I am in pretty good shape, I just wanna get that ripped bicep/ab look, I'm close, but not quite there, and I don't know what else to change - I ear pretty healthy, no soda's, try to eat vegetables, etc.

Are there any particular nutriens/protein shakes you could reccomand? I've never had any.

alright man i got your situation-im going to try this again shorter-fuckin computer decides to die when i have a whole lot of info for you-im tired now over it. ....15 lb db you have....go down like your doing a push up tho keep them under you - you get way deeper, go all the way down, do as many times as you can....rest 30 seconds...now switch how the dbs are on the ground - if they were facing sideways put them forward...again max it out...30 second rest...get up put both db's in your hands like your going to push something up-do as many as you can with 15 lb weight in each hand...Put weights down do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzrb67Dwf8
start watching at 30 seconds she shows you how it works---now she lets it down you count to 60 seconds yourself then switch sides..

finish with this after your side arms and abs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ar2iRusnnc
at :48 seconds is perfect form-hold that for 60 seconds then repeat that whole workout-do that for two weeks you'll see some difference, GL bro

tlongII
07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't need no stinking supplements!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Badass DoK-man seriously some people just give up, and fuckin happy you got all those pounds off, props, hard work. If you don't mind me asking whats your frame now-height/weight (or u can pm it to me). Either way man each program system whatever works diff for each people-i dont follow any routine, i just know when i eat bad, i know what workouts i did the last weak, just simple things to keep in your head so you can mix shit up

I was 6'2" 280, now I'm 6'2" 220, the doctor said cause of my bone structure I shouldn't be below 210, so I need to lose 10 more pounds which I'll be able to to before school starts again.

And yeah, mixing it up is key. The people I know who go to the gym and do the same 7 upper body lifts every other day never put on muscle and bitch about it. It's all about muscle confusion, the more different types of lifts you know the better.

One general rule of thumb though, I've always found the best ways to put on muscle are when you're using some kind of free weight (so dumb bell curls and shit), or especially anything where you're working against your own body weight (push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups), those are all great. Going to the gym and just using the easiest machines you can find won't do jack shit.

PakiDan
07-24-2009, 09:45 AM
man i totally agree-supps are usually cash down the drain. Shit, in college id buy the protein tubs, u know, and then use a few scoops during the week and then go booze. ha. pointless. But now to say its not practical for you to get bigger is ridic. I mean i was a skinny , really skinny kid. This is it, buy loafs of bread-i mean that's cheap like 3/4 bucks for a loaf, buy a gallon of non fat or 1% milk and just go at that in between your normal meals...cheap, very effective, and then having a nice protein shake in between helps. Honestly idk where you go , or if you go to buy stuff but gnc is a huuuuuuge ripoff... i dont want to throw up sites but bodybuilding.com has everything you'll ever need to know about supps, workouts, and you can buy anything for really cheap there.

IF you find something you want I have a discount code , pm me and ill hook ya up./

Oh - I agree... 99 percent of supplements out there are crap.... That's why Mike developed the Steel Meel. He wanted a pure supplement to help build muscle chemical free.

E20
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
hmm, ok , ill take your word for it-i know stallone is SHORT tho, ive had friends see him face to face he cant be more than 5'9. But he might've been up to 205 or so i dont know about 220 but idc ill believe ya, ha. As for supps, you take creatine? NO? multi-vitamins? What products for all those do you use? triple post , haaa, sorry.
Stallone is like 5'8", 5'9" with shoes probably lol

I've taken a lot of things. Creatine goes my protien supplements that I buy has to have some Creatine in it, or else I don't buy it. But, I've stacked some mass gainers with Creatine capsules (Creadex and Creatine-189). Also Mega Mass Creatine 10000 was a good Creatine shake. Also I've taken some other shit, like Juggernaut/Black Powder, Animal Stack, Super Weight Gainer Fuel, and a bunch of other shit, I could probably write a 5 page paper on the supplemements I've tried lol. But I'm takingsome Mega Sport 32x Multi-Vitamin, it was cheap and multi-vitamins are multi-vitamins lol.

Right now, I'm cutting weight, because previously I was bulking up and I got to the weight range that I said to myself that's when I'll start cutting fat. So I'm on a diet now and I'm taking a low calorie protien shake (called LAVA) and Animal Cuts as a fat shredder.

Also, as far as my lift routine goes, I have a lot to learn. I work out two bodyparts in one day, once a week, and normally do 4-5 exercises for each bodypart. My workouts usually change, like DoK said, but I always keep the following in my routine:
Squat
Deadlift
Press and Clean or Military Press
Bent over Barbell Row
Bar or Dumbbell Flat Bench

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't need no stinking supplements!

Greg Oden does.

Greg Oden
07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Greg Oden does.

Fuck you faggot. I was blessed with amazing athletic genes that allow me to look like a chiseled god.

http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/gregoden.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Fuck you faggot. I was blessed with amazing athletic genes that allow me to look like a chiseled god.

http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/gregoden.jpg

Those amazing genes didn't do too much for your knees......wtf am I arguing with a troll?

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Is that picture real?

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I was 6'2" 280, now I'm 6'2" 220, the doctor said cause of my bone structure I shouldn't be below 210, so I need to lose 10 more pounds which I'll be able to to before school starts again.

And yeah, mixing it up is key. The people I know who go to the gym and do the same 7 upper body lifts every other day never put on muscle and bitch about it. It's all about muscle confusion, the more different types of lifts you know the better.

One general rule of thumb though, I've always found the best ways to put on muscle are when you're using some kind of free weight (so dumb bell curls and shit), or especially anything where you're working against your own body weight (push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups), those are all great. Going to the gym and just using the easiest machines you can find won't do jack shit.

Nice man, keep it up. Your a big dude. And I agree simple stuff like push ups-pull ups can do wonders. Pull ups really hit your back good, chin ups more biceps but its all about how far your grip is. Machines are trash, they don't do anything compared to say a DB or BB bench. Benching is pretty important, as well as squats-deadlifts-rows. All those things make your core stronger and that's really what it's all about-you get your core stronger-your overall body will just become stronger.

As for supps being 99% bs, that's not true. If you are a regular gym/workout rat then certain things can really help you out big time. A good creatine is imo a great way to put on more muscle-just stay with it-it can do quite a bit in the gym as far as endurance, strength, and just help you put up weight when normally you'd be tired out. It's no wonder a ton of athletes use creatine-it works-it really does. Protein is just for recovery. -diff beast than creatine. But if you want to completely not use supps-thats legit-just know diet is the main thing.

holcs50
07-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Stallone is like 5'8", 5'9" with shoes probably lol

I've taken a lot of things. Creatine goes my protien supplements that I buy has to have some Creatine in it, or else I don't buy it. But, I've stacked some mass gainers with Creatine capsules (Creadex and Creatine-189). Also Mega Mass Creatine 10000 was a good Creatine shake. Also I've taken some other shit, like Juggernaut/Black Powder, Animal Stack, Super Weight Gainer Fuel, and a bunch of other shit, I could probably write a 5 page paper on the supplemements I've tried lol. But I'm takingsome Mega Sport 32x Multi-Vitamin, it was cheap and multi-vitamins are multi-vitamins lol.

Right now, I'm cutting weight, because previously I was bulking up and I got to the weight range that I said to myself that's when I'll start cutting fat. So I'm on a diet now and I'm taking a low calorie protien shake (called LAVA) and Animal Cuts as a fat shredder.

Also, as far as my lift routine goes, I have a lot to learn. I work out two bodyparts in one day, once a week, and normally do 4-5 exercises for each bodypart. My workouts usually change, like DoK said, but I always keep the following in my routine:
Squat
Deadlift
Press and Clean or Military Press
Bent over Barbell Row
Bar or Dumbbell Flat Bench

Yea as for workouts you got all the main ones-as for supps i take controlled labs green magnitude and ordered white flood for a NO product. IDK if ill even use the NO product as I never needed that much energy going to the gym but ive just heard it is beast. We' will see. And yea changing up your routine is key to "great success", keep the muscles guessing. I never do the same from week to week, mix in diff variations of workouts definitely helps

lebomb
07-24-2009, 03:08 PM

I was 6'-1" 165 6yrs ago........started working out at Golds and now Snap fitness.........today Im 6'-1" 195-198. Kinda fluctuate. I work out 3-4 days a week and ride my mountain bike for cardio. Dont take any supplements..............just eat high protein foods and try and eat 3 solid meals a day with a snack in between. To keep my metabolism up. I agree with changing up your exercises 100%. Mix in some pull up and dips. Dips kill your chest muscles like no other. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
I was 6'-1" 165 6yrs ago

Dam, that's skinny :lol

lebomb
07-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Dam, that's skinny :lol

I was.............got divorced............my self esteem was in the toilet. I started working out at my apartment gym..............then golds, now snap. Im in pretty damn good shape now. I always get the .............. "where do you workout"? question right off the bat. Feels good to not have dirt kicked in your face at the beach anymore. :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice man, keep it up. Your a big dude. And I agree simple stuff like push ups-pull ups can do wonders. Pull ups really hit your back good, chin ups more biceps but its all about how far your grip is. Machines are trash, they don't do anything compared to say a DB or BB bench. Benching is pretty important, as well as squats-deadlifts-rows. All those things make your core stronger and that's really what it's all about-you get your core stronger-your overall body will just become stronger.

As for supps being 99% bs, that's not true. If you are a regular gym/workout rat then certain things can really help you out big time. A good creatine is imo a great way to put on more muscle-just stay with it-it can do quite a bit in the gym as far as endurance, strength, and just help you put up weight when normally you'd be tired out. It's no wonder a ton of athletes use creatine-it works-it really does. Protein is just for recovery. -diff beast than creatine. But if you want to completely not use supps-thats legit-just know diet is the main thing.

yeah I try to limit the amount of machines I do and do more free weights. People I know throw money away buying expensive protein powder and then only doing machines in the gym. The whole point is to tear your muscles up as much as possible. It's not like protein powder means you can do a half assed workout and put on muscle. The Supps def. help if your working out hard and consistently.

I just don't take supps cause I'm trying to limit the amount of muscle I'm putting on. I'm not extremely buff or anything I just have a naturally thick build and don't feel like being any bigger. I don't think girls like guys who weigh 230.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I was.............got divorced............my self esteem was in the toilet. I started working out at my apartment gym..............then golds, now snap. Im in pretty damn good shape now. I always get the .............. "where do you workout"? question right off the bat. Feels good to not have dirt kicked in your face at the beach anymore. :lmao

I'd much rather be as skinny as you were then than as fat as I was a year ago.

Boris
07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
After a good work out I enjoy a nice smoke.

SonOfAGun
07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Current Program right now is:
Workout A:
Dips 4x8
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 2x5
Barbell Bicep Curl 2x8
Barbell Overhead Tricep Ext. 2x8

Workout B:
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Barbell Row/Powercleans 3x5
Pullups 3xMax
Rack Pull 2xMax

Workout Mon/Wed/Fri
One week looks like WorkoutA/WorkoutB/WorkoutA
Next week looks like WorkoutB/WorkoutA/WorkoutB

You get very nice strength gains (especially legs - squatting 3x a week) on this and the mass eventually comes as well.

Hardest part for me is nutrition, especially getting 250+grams of protein a day. Only supplements are ON Whey Gold Standard protein. I've got a bottle of ADAM Multi-Vitamins but my lame ass never learned how to swallow pills! lmao :depressed

Zelophehad
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I've been getting back into shape after a broken leg and its taking a while. I got somewhat fat since I wasn't able to lift for a while and kept eating like I did when I worked out regularly. My bench press is pathetic right now :depressed tbh to the op, the only things that are proven to work based on scientific research are protein supplements, creatine, and ephedrine/caffeine. At least that's what I've found from all the reading that I've done over the years.

Isitjustme?
04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I lift weights 4x a week like this:

Mon: Chest, triceps, forearms
Tues: Legs, calves
Wed: day off
Thur:Shoulders, forearms
Fri:Back, biceps

And I do crunches while watching TV on my days off.

I've been getting back into shape after a broken leg and its taking a while. I got somewhat fat since I wasn't able to lift for a while and kept eating like I did when I worked out regularly. My bench press is pathetic right now :depressed tbh to the op, the only things that are proven to work based on scientific research are protein supplements, creatine, and ephedrine/caffeine. At least that's what I've found from all the reading that I've done over the years.

That Beta-alanine is supposed to work.

lefty
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
WTF happened to the stickied fitness thread ????????

Zelophehad
04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
WTF happened to the stickied fitness thread ????????

Thats a weight loss thread tbh. At least according to the title. I bumped this because it mentioned lifting weights.

Zelophehad
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I lift weights 4x a week like this:

Mon: Chest, triceps, forearms
Tues: Legs, calves
Wed: day off
Thur:Shoulders, forearms
Fri:Back, biceps

And I do crunches while watching TV on my days off.

I work out only 3x a week not including ab work or the work I do on my forearms with hand grippers. I do each body pat once a week. I work to gain mass, so I take a longer rest between sets. I started to do a sort of supersets in my workouts to get them done in under an hour. Like I'll do a set of bench press and then some lat pulldowns. That way I can give each muscle a longer rest while not taking forever. I don't really follow any strict regimen although I do log my workouts in a note pad. I believe more in instinct training, like listening to your body and altering your workout regularly depending on how you feel. Following your instincts and changing up your routine also prevents you from getting stale/bored.

Veterinarian
04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
If the average bodybuilder followed his instincts he'd defecate on a barbell not lift it.

Sausage
04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Ha, speaking of yoga, I tried the P90x yoga two or three times before just giving up, and I know that's not a good omen, but that shit was just too hard for me!

I have a membership to Lifetime and I'll go 3-4 times a week, but I don't have a set routine, and maybe that's why I'm not seeing the results. Don't get me wrong, I feel great and love going to the gym, but I think a normal workout routine is all I need.

Plus, stairs are a pain in the ass.

td4mvp21
04-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Ha, speaking of yoga, I tried the P90x yoga two or three times before just giving up, and I know that's not a good omen, but that shit was just too hard for me!

It is fucking hard. I get completely drenched with sweat, it's ridiculous. I thought it would be easy :lol

4>0rings
04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
5 day a week schedule for me, 3 different exercies for each part, 3 sets at 8-12 reps a set.

Day 1: Chest/Tri's
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back/Bi's
Day 4: Shoulders/Traps

After about a month or more, depending on how beat up my body feels, I like to take a week off and let my body recoupe. I come back feeling better and stronger each time.

No abs, I wouldn't be able to see them right now anyways but I know I should do it for my core and I will once I decide to start cutting and really lean out.

15 mins of jogging after each day except on leg day.

2 protien shakes a day on workout days and 1 on non workout days. One when I wake up and 1 when I'm done at the gym.

5'7"@190 w/ 16% bf right now. Getting close to the muscle mass I want, after that it will be just maintaining and lots of cardio.

Tinystarz
04-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I have never exercised a day in my life(gym,treadmill,bike,etc) I just love to stay active. Basketball,tennis,soccer..etc. But a lot of that was during school and I will no longer be in school and a few months. I plan to stay active mainly basketball and soccer.

My question about weights is how do you start? Like just start lifting and do it till u get tired? I have no idea how much I should be lifting or how often. How long should a work out be? I am thin but very little muscle(it doesn't show) How do I get nice toned arms and legs?

tdominate21
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Anybody try HIT workouts? i read up on them and it just seems like I would get fat more than swole.

I just finished a month of the Insanity cardio videos. Damn they were the toughest workouts i ever had in my life. I'm ready to pick up those weights.

My concern is figuring out how to pick up lean muscle mass without gaining the fat i recently lost.

FrostKing
01-09-2020, 09:01 PM
I'm down to 181 pounds. 6 foot 1.

AaronY
01-09-2020, 09:29 PM
I'm down to 181 pounds. 6 foot 1.
Oh, ok.

FrostKing
01-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Oh, ok.
Are you short and/or fat?

Chucho
01-09-2020, 11:07 PM

republican.jpeg

apalisoc_9
01-10-2020, 03:17 AM
DMC

benefactor
01-10-2020, 09:07 AM
Nah my nigga Aaron living that swole life.

I need to get back on the cardio. Been bulking and I like the size I've put on but I need to drop about 10 lbs.

Trill Clinton
01-10-2020, 10:24 AM
Nah my nigga Aaron living that swole life.

I need to get back on the cardio. Been bulking and I like the size I've put on but I need to drop about 10 lbs.

Same. I'm going to start hitting cardio harder next week.

AaronY
01-10-2020, 05:11 PM
republican.jpeg
:lol

Mark Celibate
01-10-2020, 05:19 PM
been pretty consistent with the working out routine for the past 15 years or so and always been pretty satisfied. Decided to just ditch the squats at this point since I know my form starts sucking when I go up in weight and don't feel like it's worth the inevitable herniated disc. Other than that still kicking. Been trying intermittent fasting lately to drop 7 pounds or so.

6'4 210-215 lbs is the ideal weight for me tbh imo so i can still play sports without being too bulky

SpursforSix
01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Bend over, I’ll fucking pump iron.