PDA

View Full Version : The Official don't trade Matt Bonner Thread

vander
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
not that he even needs one, the FO can't be as stupid as all the Bonner haters here.

But I'll make it anyways, If Fin can have one, Bonner can have one

let's see if we can round up all the haters in one thread so it'll be real easy to look back in 2010 and see all the ST posters who don't know shit about Spurs Basketball :lol

ernest787
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
i can back this thread

last year we asked players to do TOO much... Bonner and Mason were put into roles they never should have been... Mason should have been the 4th scoring option at best and was instead made into the 3rd when Manu went down

same thing with Bonner... He should have been playing 20 minutes a night coming off the bench and used in the Horry esque role of big man who can spread the floor, obviously he doesn't have anywhere near the D of Horry, but you get the point... Instead he was made into the Starting Center on a 50 win team

Bonner is no starting Center, but one of 4 big men in the rotation... I LIKE THAT

z0sa
07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
count me in. Bonner could be a valuable commodity, especially early on next season when everyone is struggling to learn the system and adjust to playing with each other.

Spursfan 87
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
The only thing I dont want is to see bonner in the starting lineup. He can stay, but in the bench with limited minutes, very limited minutes

bdictjames
07-23-2009, 10:35 PM
If he can play 10 minutes a game that is fine with me. Shouldn't be in the starting lineup, or on the end of game situations, but he could be part of a bench that could turn things around.

urunobili
07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
chopper called it... "The day of the Stupid Thread at Spurs Talk" every July 23rd it'll be celebrated...

SouthTexasRancher
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
chopper called it... "The day of the Stupid Thread at Spurs Talk" every July 23rd it'll be celebrated...

AMEN!!!

And I'll bring the beer.

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah, he'll be pretty productive seeing him at the end of the bench. Or better yet, on the IL.
He'd make a great towel boy.

vander
07-23-2009, 11:01 PM

AMEN!!!

And I'll bring the beer.

so, for the record, you disagree with the thread, and want Bonner gone

OK, 2 down, many more to go

:wakeup

Edit: now 3!

Agloco
07-23-2009, 11:15 PM

Make that four......

I'm not sure why you're so bent on hugging Bonners nuts. Seven bigs on the roster and Bonner plays the smallest of them all. Trade and get someone who will average more than 3 and 3 on 21.7% shooting in a playoff series with Dirk/Damp guarding them.

loveforthegame
07-23-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't understand why some make the argument that Bonner and Mason were put in bad situations but don't think the same for Finley?

spursfaninla
07-23-2009, 11:41 PM
I feel strangely like I have seen this before...

I know, angel luv and Rasho!

Return of the White Center! (or his exit, at it were)...

Rogue
07-23-2009, 11:44 PM
For sure Fin is a better player than Bonner, but Bonner is still not a garbage like that 7'6 piece of ****. Plus, Bonner's style is quite different from the other big guys therefore he is relatively needed to the Spurs team, especially when the Spurs are down by 3 points if a game with only a couple seconds remaining on board, at such moments Bonner is more useful than Dyess at the offensive end.

loveforthegame
07-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I'd trust the mid range jumper of McDyess before the long bomb from Bonner. Especially if the game is on the line.

peskypesky
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Bonner was okay, but we probably don't need him any longer with all the other bigs.

Manufan909
07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
For sure Fin is a better player than Bonner, but Bonner is still not a garbage like that 7'6 piece of ****. Plus, Bonner's style is quite different from the other big guys therefore he is relatively needed to the Spurs team, especially when the Spurs are down by 3 points if a game with only a couple seconds remaining on board, at such moments Bonner is more useful than Dyess at the offensive end.

But Bonner is 0% useful at the end of games, how could he be more useful than a non-choker?

benefactor
07-24-2009, 05:38 AM
I have been all for trading Bonner for a while now, but signing Ratliff has solved some of the reasons why I wanted to move him...as I felt we needed one more physical, veteran big on our front line. Bonner's future now depends a lot on Haislip. If Hailslip comes in and plays well I see Bonner getting moved before the deadline. If not, then he could possibly stay at the end of the bench for the rest of the season.

That said, our log jam on the front line and our shift towards more athletic players makes me question his future here. With 7 bigs signed and the FO hinting at adding another defensive wing, I'd give him about a 60-70% chance of being traded...and if the right player(Bell, Nocioni) became available I'd have no problem at all with it.

Muser
07-24-2009, 05:41 AM
If we can get Nocioni for him + Fin or something like that then i'll pay for the taxi to the airport.

rascal
07-24-2009, 05:59 AM

Bonner is not the guy you want shooting when you need a clutch basket.
No use for Bonner now when the spurs have better options at center.

intlspurshk
07-24-2009, 06:52 AM
All useless players should be traded and Bonner is the most useless out of all.

spurspokesman
07-24-2009, 07:07 AM
We need him for the celtics:lol.

mountainballer
07-24-2009, 07:16 AM
All useless players should be traded and Bonner is the most useless out of all.

Bonner might be very useful at deadline next year. and for the first months of the next season, he is a somehow useful asset, till all the new bigs are familiar with the team.

Stump
07-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Bonner needs to remain a spur until atleast December or January. Three of our bigs are unproven (Mahimni, Blair, Haislip) while the other three are all old (Duncan, Dyess, Ratliff). Matt isn't the best rotation big out there, but he makes good insurance.

easy7
07-24-2009, 07:47 AM
If Bonner's 3 pointer is not falling in he is useless. He is also useless in the playoffs until he proves otherwise. So there...

45 bank shot
07-24-2009, 09:15 AM
For as much as I wish him to disappear, I don't really think itz gonna happen.
He'll stay because of pop's man crush on him

Jose Ole
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Bow down to the Bonn Bonn, AutoBonn, Bonndito or whatever you call GOD!

Steve-O-Matic
07-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for posting this because there were way too many UNofficial 'don't trade Bonner' threads going around.

bishopospurs
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
If he wants real minutes I think he should want a trade, the Spurs have done everything this summer to show they don't want him playing big minutes.

hater
07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
get rid of him

ducks
07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
it is ok to have players that are not clutch but they should be able to do other things
spurs did not go to tp in the 4 the first couple of years but he got others involved
if you keep booner he should not play in the 4

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Jefferson PER 15.45
Bonner PER 15.02
Mason PER 11.93

I think that should shed light on a few things.

Bonner 2008-09 regular season PER: 15.0
Bonner 2008-09 playoffs PER: 3.3

/thread

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Manu Ginobili 2008-2009 playoff PER: 0.00

So?

It doesn't change the fact that Bonner sucked hind tit vs the Mavs.

z0sa
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
So?

It doesn't change the fact that Bonner sucked hind tit vs the Mavs.

so did Finley, Mason, Kurt Thomas, and every other spurs player not named Tim or Tony.

what a pointless, pointless post. You're a hater. We get it.

Dr. Gonzo
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I like Bonner. It's like watching a cute retard play basketball. It's adorable.

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
so did Finley, Mason, Kurt Thomas, and every other spurs player not named Tim or Tony.

what a pointless, pointless post. You're a hater. We get it.

Notice how I just pointed out a PER stat in response to a post that had PER stats.

Notice how I didn't say whether I wanted Bonner traded or not.

Notice how you just jumped to conclusions.

z0sa
07-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Notice how I just pointed out a PER stat in response to a post that had PER stats.

Notice how I didn't say whether I wanted Bonner traded or not.

Notice how you just jumped to conclusions.

i didn't oncesoever.

your /thread comment made it all too clear what your conclusion is.

i love how these bonner threads get filled with losers who simply MUST fill it with hateful bullshit. There's plenty of other places to stroke your ego and make yourself feel good.

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
If you want to play the blame game... you can put that on the shoulders of anyone not named Duncan or Parker. So I don't put much into the playoffs last year. Everyone was shit basically.

Bonner, Mason and Finley shouldn't have been starting and playing major minutes. Thankfully, they won't this year.

The point I was making is that Bonner's regular season PER has little bearing on how the Spurs finished their season.

He's a complementary piece with a limited but unique skillset. I don't think his presence or absence will have any material impact on our title chances.

antgomez2009
07-24-2009, 10:42 AM
i can back this thread

last year we asked players to do TOO much... Bonner and Mason were put into roles they never should have been... Mason should have been the 4th scoring option at best and was instead made into the 3rd when Manu went down

same thing with Bonner... He should have been playing 20 minutes a night coming off the bench and used in the Horry esque role of big man who can spread the floor, obviously he doesn't have anywhere near the D of Horry, but you get the point... Instead he was made into the Starting Center on a 50 win team

Bonner is no starting Center, but one of 4 big men in the rotation... I LIKE THAT

Co-sign- + 2

Roger mason and Bonner, IMO also are at the very best 4th, fifth or sixth Options! Bonner is no where near a starting Center!

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
i didn't oncesoever.

your /thread comment made it all too clear what your conclusion is.

My conclusion is that Bonner is not a significant enough player to have a "don't trade" thread about. I don't give a fuck whether they trade him or keep him since he's a role player and not a centerpiece.

As for the trade vs no trade argument:
If they trade him and get something of value, they should.
If they don't get better value in return, they shouldn't.

This applies to everyone on the team except TD, who's earned the right to retire a Spur.

z0sa
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
My conclusion is that Bonner is not a significant enough player to have a "don't trade" thread about. I don't give a fuck whether they trade him or keep him since he's a role player and not a centerpiece.

And where does the snide remark and ego stroking fit in?
btw, there are no other bonner threads. Let me repeat that the losers must fill Bonner threads up with hateful bullshit. If he didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have posted his per numbers considering the circumstances of the playoffs.

As for the trade vs no trade argument:
If they trade him and get something of value, they should.
If they don't get better value in return, they shouldn't.

WOW you're a fucking genius. Good take about Bonner's situation there, this thread couldn't have done without you so far :tu

This applies to everyone on the team except TD, who's earned the right to retire a Spur.

Another take I've never heard before. You're really on a roll.

Instead of complaining in Bonner threads, just ignore them since you have no problem with him.

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
And where does the snide remark and ego stroking fit in?

WOW you're a fucking genius. Good take about Bonner's situation there, this thread couldn't have done without you so far :tu

Another take I've never heard before. You're really on a roll.

Hey, if you have a crush on the red-head you need to have thicker skin. My "snide remark" about Bonner is one of the relatively polite comments you'll find on ST regarding Matt.

Exactly. The take is fucking obvious. As it should have been to you and your Bonner-loving club before creating a lame "don't trade Bonner" thread. If the right deal comes along, you trade him. Or are you telling me that there is no player in the entire league you'd trade Bonner for?

How the fuck does a "don't trade Bonner" thread make sense in the first place?

z0sa
07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey, if you have a crush on the red-head you need to have thicker skin. My "snide remark" about Bonner is one of the relatively polite comments you'll find on ST regarding Matt.

There is no such thing as a relatively polite insult.

Exactly. The take is fucking obvious. As it should have been to you and your Bonner-loving club before creating a lame "don't trade Bonner" thread. If the right deal comes along, you trade him. Or are you telling me that there is no player in the entire league you'd trade Bonner for?

Then what the fuck are you doing in this thread, oh smart one?

How the fuck does a "don't trade Bonner" thread make sense in the first place?

Because we don't want Bonner traded? We don't think trading away our shooting big, who knows the system well, makes few mistakes in the offense or defense, and hits the 3 at a top10 rate is a great idea. We think other options should be explored beforehand.

God forbid some believe that Bonner shouldn't be traded whatsoever, unless part of another RJ type deal.
Indeed, grow some tolerance for others' opinions.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2009, 11:02 AM
WTF is this?

z0sa
07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't think anyone is suggesting we shouldn't trade him if the right deal is on the table. It isn't that black and white. I think what some people in this thread are tired of, is the nonsensical hating on Bonner. He played nothing short of great last season.

for real. He was key in our regular season's success. The playoffs were failure for everyone, singling out Bonner is a douche move.

phxspurfan
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I say if we can't make a move for a defensive wing, we keep him, use him in the beginning of the season when the new bigs are getting acclimated. Then near the deadline, after everyone knows the system he can play a bit role and be the human victory cigar come playoff time. Or trade him at the deadline if a good deal comes around (possible since teams will be trading this year).

Warlord23
07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Then what the fuck are you doing in this thread, oh smart one?

Calling out stupid posts from Bonner-lovers.

Because we don't want Bonner traded? We don't think trading away our shooting big, who knows the system well, makes few mistakes in the offense or defense, and hits the 3 at a top10 rate is a great idea. We think other options should be explored beforehand.

God forbid some believe that Bonner shouldn't be traded whatsoever, unless part of another RJ type deal.
Indeed, grow some tolerance for others' opinions.

Over the past 2 decades, there are only two cases of 3-point-shooting bigs being a key component of a championship team: Robert Horry and Antoine Walker. But Horry was physically tough, a smart defender, and a clutch player to boot. You can't ascribe any of those additional qualities to Bonner. Walker actually shot a mediocre 32% from the arc in the Heat's 2006 playoff run; it was Posey and Haslem who played key roles supporting Wade/Shaq. Mehmet Okur was part of the 2004 Piston team but played a minor role behind the Wallaces, Prince and Corliss Williamson.

List of complementary big men on championship teams since 1999:

Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Leon Powe, PJ Brown, Kendrick Perkins, Fabricio Oberto, Robert Horry, Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammed, Ben Wallace, Corliss Williamson, David Robinson, Malik Rose, Samaki Walker, Horace Grant, A.C. Green.

Apart from Horry and Walker (and Memo in a reduced role), the 3 point shooting bigman has not been a feature of NBA title teams. Even then the 3 point shooting big needs to have a well-rounded game.

Horry was a unique player. Bonner sharing one aspect of his and lacking several others doesn't put him in the same breath. Bigs that provide a good mix of rebounding, defense and some form of scoring (posting up or mid range shooting) are the key.

I don't see Bonner fitting into that mould.

adrianini
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
i can back this thread

I back this thread, too! Sure, we're suddenly blessed with all these bigs.
Give Bonner the same chance as anyone else. Now that there are more bigs, Bonner won't be asked to do things he's not suited for. Let Pop:king figure it out in training camp, and put people where HE sees fit.

spursfan1000
07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I wouldent mind keeping Bonner for him to play around 10 minutes a game and also for blowout wins, like his role was a year ago.

bus driver
07-24-2009, 12:08 PM
:wgaf:

if he stays, :wgaf:
if he leaves, :wgaf:

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Matt hasn't succeeded in what the Spurs had intended for him. His time is up with the Spurs..ala Francisco Elson..

benefactor
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
So what are the limitations/restrictions for our Bonner following here? What kind of trade is a good one for Bonner?

Agloco
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Bonner 2008-09 regular season PER: 15.0
Bonner 2008-09 playoffs PER: 3.3

/thread

Manu Ginobili 2008-2009 playoff PER: 0.00

What a stupid fucking retort. :rolleyes

But we've come to expect no less from you.

Bonner gave us nothing that we needed when it counted. Either he gets 10-15 minutes tops or he gets the boot. No way in hell does he start on this squad in it's current incarnation.

rasho8
07-24-2009, 01:57 PM
i feel strangely like i have seen this before...

I know, angel luv and rasho!

Return of the white center! (or his exit, at it were)...

bring rasho back!!!

Agloco
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Look, I know you're probably from Texas(or Argentina) and terribly uneducated, so it may be hard for you to understand this... but... I was purposely being stupid, because his original comment was 10x as stupid. If you need me to, I can repeat that slower for you.

Looking in the mirror has a way of bringing out the truth. But that's quite alright. If telling others that they're uneducated makes you feel any more enlightened, then by all means, continue to feed your delusion.

Given your prior record of dipshit comments and dimwitted logic one couldn't help but stop by and watch the brilliant firework display of you self-owning once again.

FireDavidStern
07-24-2009, 02:23 PM
If Bonner's 3 pointer is not falling in he is useless. He is also useless in the playoffs until he proves otherwise. So there...

Because 1 playoff series means anything. His numbers for the regular season mean much more and indicate he would have significant value as a bench big for when Haislip bust out like he did last time.

If we can get Nocioni for him + Fin or something like that then i'll pay for the taxi to the airport.

Say goodbye to Splitter. Or are you expecting the Spurs to add playroll next year. Finely and Bonner represent 7 million in expiring contracts that could be used to help relieve the owners should the tax fall by the projected amount. Therefore to bring Splitter over (probably using part of the MLE) the Spurs need to dump cap or the owners will be hit with a huge tax bill. Finely and Bonner will produce enough in the limited roles they will have and help the team for the future. Nocioni is under contract for 3 years and would not play long enough to be worth it as his minutes would be worth 7 million, especially sense Mason would be a better than this career 38% 3 point shot who would be stuck on the bench behind Manu and Jefferson.

FireDavidStern
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Look, I know you're probably from Texas(or Argentina) and terribly uneducated, so it may be hard for you to understand this... but... I was purposely being stupid, because his original comment was 10x as stupid. If you need me to, I can repeat that slower for you.

A player playing bad in one 5 game series OBVIOUSLY shows that player sucks and could NEVER contribute to a championship role. REGARDLESS of any other factors or the fact that everyone but Tony was a disappointment in that series. Of course those of us dumbass in Texas should just bow to your magnificent wisdom.

FireDavidStern
07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
We would still have the MLE to sign Splitter, that's all that we need to know. The FO can make adjustments next summer

I think I should have made myself clearer. I think Bonner and Finely are ok for role players and would normally careless about whether we trade them or not.

I know we would still have the MLE but my main point was this. Mason, Finely, and Bonner are the expendable expiring contracts. They add up to 10 million. If we let them expire then the FO would be able to use that 10 million to cover bringing Splitter over, signing our draft picks, maybe getting another part, and most importantly resigning Manu. If we trade Bonner and Finely and take a long term contract back than we have Mason's 3 or so million to do all of this. I am glad the the FO was allowed to go so far above the cap, but i don't want to see Holt and the other owners forced to pay another additional 5-6 million in tax just so we can overpay a backup. No backup is worth 7 million a year and the Spurs really (as of right now) have no obvious weakness.

I have faith in the FO but the only way they could maneuver next year would to remake a Jefferson like trade, with us being the ones to dump talent. IMO its better to keep 2 decent players as role players for a year and keep flexability than lost that for a backup.

sabar
07-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Guys Spurstrodomus is a troll, why are you feeding that retard?

Be smarter than that

This message is hidden because Spurstrodamus is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Message paid for by Better Trolls for the Future

Taking it to the Hole
07-24-2009, 04:52 PM
It doesn't really matter what happens to Bonner or Finley, because this time next year they won't be Spurs. I am willing to put up with them for another season if the right deal doesn't come along for a trade. They can be valuable in certain "spot" situations, but the only way they should start is if we have injuries. I do believe that Bonner and Finley still have something to contribute to the team, but they can't be asked to do more than what they are capable of.

benefactor
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Spurstrodamus = SpurSupremacist.

Just letting you know in case you are attempting some sort of logic based converstation with him.

benefactor
07-24-2009, 05:28 PM
So what are the limitations/restrictions for our Bonner following here? What kind of trade is a good one for Bonner?
Anyone else?

z0sa
07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone else?

what kind is a good one for Manu?

benefactor
07-24-2009, 06:17 PM
what kind is a good one for Manu?
Well, if you would like to discuss that then you can start a thread about it. In the meantime, you could try answering my question.

z0sa
07-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, if you would like to discuss that then you can start a thread about it. In the meantime, you could try answering my question.

I don't want to talk about trading Bonner in the Official Don't Trade Bonner thread.

I'm fairly sure there's a thread for trading bonner. You can join in that one or make your own if you want to discuss that.

benefactor
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't want to talk about trading Bonner in the Official Don't Trade Bonner thread.

I'm fairly sure there's a thread for trading bonner. You can join in that one or make your own if you want to discuss that.
So by supporting this thread I am assuming you are deeming him untouchable?

z0sa
07-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Bonner in 15 minutes a night isn't bad. during the regular season he was on a tear. He, like Mason and even Finley yes, we're put in positions where they could not succeed. Did he suck it up? Yeah, he did. No denyin' it. But the way most of the posters here shit on him, after a remarkable season, is just unreal.

JustinJDW
07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I would rather have him and Finley traded for a great Defensive Wingman than stay on the Roster, but if he ends up staying on the Roster, he should not fucking start. He can come off the Bench.

We didn't win 3 Championships in 5 years by having a Center who can only grab 4 rebounds a Game.

benefactor
07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Bonner in 15 minutes a night isn't bad. during the regular season he was on a tear. He, like Mason and even Finley yes, we're put in positions where they could not succeed. Did he suck it up? Yeah, he did. No denyin' it. But the way most of the posters here shit on him, after a remarkable season, is just unreal.
But is 15 minutes a night possible with 7 bigs on the roster?

benefactor
07-24-2009, 08:22 PM
I think the biggest thing that is being missed here is that Bonner is a zero impact player at this point. Yes, he was good last year and won us a lot of games during the regular season with his great 3pt shooting. This year is a much different story. Can he still come off the bench and drain a few threes? Sure he can. Will he be the difference in 48 wins or 58 wins? Probably not...as we have added shooting in RJ and McDyess that will more than take care of whatever Bonner might bring to the table.

We are going to have to move a big man...there is no debating that. Of all the bigs under contract, Bonner has the largest expiring deal. If you combine that with what I said about him above it really becomes a no-brainer that he is the one that should be moved if a deal for a defensive minded wing hits the table.

If you feel like you want Bonner around just because you like him then just say so. But facts are facts...from a basketball standpoint there is not much he can do to help this team win a title.

Sigz
07-24-2009, 08:57 PM
fuck bonner.

Nothing good has, or ever will come from him.

barbacoataco
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
If the SPurs keep Bonner at least they will have his contract coming off the books. They need to keep their expiring contracts to give them some wiggle room next year.

thOOdee
07-25-2009, 12:18 AM
give him the boot!...w/ theo in we need someone who is clutch.... yes i know bonner made his WIDE OPEN 3 during reg season, but key words WIDE OPEN. anybody will get those same looks and shoot at that percentage. WE NEED SOME1 CLUTCH. WHO HAS THAT KILLER INSTINCT. i would be all for NOCIONI. he has that argentinian fire that gets stronger with the crowd. imagine the killer instincts of gino and nocioni w a best like blair. GAME OVER.

Jose Ole
07-25-2009, 01:03 AM
http://www.ccca.org/public/education/links/photos/camping/PinnacleMinistries/All_on_the_Wagon.JPG

Bruno
07-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Bonner was quite good during the regular season but was damn bad during the playoffs.

There are two ways of anything it:

- Mavs didn't let shooters open in this serie because Spurs have only one great player. With an healthy Duncan and the addition of Manu and RJ, Bonner will be more open and will be more useful. He has shown during the regular season that he was one of the best shooting big in the NBA and not a that bad defender.

- Bonner is a choker. Never clutch, struggled against most of the big teams in the regular season and ugly in the playoffs. He will never been able to help a contender because of that.

Having a big able to shoot 3's is damn interesting. So if Spurs think Bonner doesn't have "it", a trade for a shooting big wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm not sold on Haislip ability to be a reliable NBA 3 point shooter.

mowgli
07-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Fuck this thread. Bonner, I'm okay with -- just on another team.

carib
07-25-2009, 12:42 PM

add me to the list, I want him gone

scottspurs
07-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't think Bonner is the kind of shooter who can do well with limited minutes. His Shooting % will go way down if only plays 12 to 15 minutes a night. I smell a trade or him in a suit for a lot of the season.

4>0rings
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Fucking idiots.