PDA

View Full Version : Mexico vs USA, Sunday 11 AM PST

IronMexican
07-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Alright fags. Mexico is going to fucking win this time. They almost choked today, but won.

Sense
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
That was an awesome game... haven't seen one like that in a LOOOOOOOONG time..

That Costa Rican goalie was just.. epic.

I'm surprised it was only 1-1...

Both teams held their breath alot of times in this one. The better team did win however...

This is a more inspired Mexican team...

2-1 Mex. :P

IronMexican
07-23-2009, 11:56 PM
That was an awesome game... haven't seen one like that in a LOOOOOOOONG time..

That Costa Rican goalie was just.. epic.

I'm surprised it was only 1-1...

Both teams held their breath alot of times in this one. The better team did win however...

This is a more inspired Mexican team...

2-1 Mex. :P

You're Mexican?:toast

Sense
07-24-2009, 12:05 AM
You're Mexican?:toast

lol dude c'mon...

2/3's of Spurstalk is Mexican...

I don't need to have MEXICAN on my name to show it :P

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
lol dude c'mon...

2/3's of Spurstalk is Mexican...

I don't need to have MEXICAN on my name to show it :P

Is Texas like 2/3 Mexican? Never been. My ex GF moved to El Paso and then Juarez. She said there was pretty much nothing but Mexicans. Dumb bitch got pregnant and tried to put it on me, though. I hate stupid girls like that.

A_Duke
07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
USA all the way!! lol

seriously though.. they will beat Mexico, always get them with those counterattack attempts.

samikeyp
07-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Game is in NJ right? USA will win...its the next game in Estadio Azteca where we are screwed.

sonic21
07-24-2009, 09:51 AM
is there a tournament or something or is it a friendly match?

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Copa de Oro. Mexico choked it back in 2007. They were up 1-0 heading intp half time and lost 2-1. That's what happens when you have Sanchez starting at portero. That team sucked ass anyways. I think Bofo was a starter on that squad.

sonic21
07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
i did like the 1998 mexican team with blanco and luis hernandez, i watched their games during the WC. They clearly should have won against Germany.

Gervin44Silas13
07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
This Championship Game was bound to happen..
My two fav teams which... CLEARLY THESE TEAMS HATE EACH OTHER!!

Actually more the media from Mexico who always say the US got lucky this time.

USA was the CONCACAF doormat for many years.....Mexico was the crown jewel of this conference for many years...

Now the tides have turned...USA is clearly the favorite... The run vs Spain and Brazil...gives them a mental edge over Mexico.
Mexico has played like crap in the last 10 matches, and they will ethier depend on the clock to win with a 1 goal lead or just plain choke.

Should be a good match-up

USA 3
Mexico 2

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKayyyyy
I guess the US got their asses handed to them......
I didn't expect a 5-0 blow-out
..Mexico, Mexico, rah, rah, rah, Mexico!!!!!

WC qualifier between the 2 in a few weeks

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
i did like the 1998 mexican team with blanco and luis hernandez, i watched their games during the WC. They clearly should have won against Germany.
I was only 8 at the time so I hardly remember. I remember my family crying though

Game is in NJ right? USA will win...its the next game in Estadio Azteca where we are screwed.

You hear what happened, right? It was supposed to be at the Home Depot Center, but they said it was "too small". Then it was going to be at the Rose Bowl, but for some reason, they moved it to New Jersey. I wonder why:rolleyes They didn't expect Mexico to get this far, but now that they get here, they want to move it out of Southern California.

Chingo Bling
07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Viva Mexico!

I wonder if any of the players is from Tamaulipas

symple19
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
USA 1-0 ....Azteca will be different, as always. I think Mexico will win that one.

Sense
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Mexico has played like crap in the last 10 matches, and they will ethier depend on the clock to win with a 1 goal lead or just plain choke.

Have you watched any of the last games?

Mexico hasn't lost in the tournament... The US tied against Haiti....

Mexico beat em 4-0..

Didn't Costa Rica beat the US?
from what I saw yesterday.. I actually think Costa Rica was the best team in the tournament..

and Mexico beat them... almost choked.. but they beat them.

I don't get it.... and why is USA favorites? Because of Spain? Obviously not the Brazil choke.

the Spain victory was impressive and unexpected... but honestly I still don't think they are at that level. If you've paid any attention you'll realize that the Mexican team is totally different from Sven's team. This is actually a team. The US is a very good team... and has done great against Mexico.. but I think they are going to be overmatched.

I still hope for an intense game like the last one

Libri
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
USA are favorites because for some time now they have been playing consistent football. Mexico on the other hand has been struggling to beat teams and are in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup.

If Mexico wants to win, their defense needs to step up. They got exposed against Costa Rica. Ochoa is great but the rest of them got burned. Magallon isn't the same player since the injury. Mexico struggles against aerial attacks, so I'm going to see how they handle free and corner kicks.

Now, the good news for them is that on offense Giovani has been playing very well. For me he was he player of the game against Costa Rica.

iilluzioN
07-24-2009, 09:23 PM
lol @ mexico

Sense
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
USA are favorites because for some time now they have been playing consistent football. Mexico on the other hand has been struggling to beat teams and are in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup.

If Mexico wants to win, their defense needs to step up. They got exposed against Costa Rica. Ochoa is great but the rest of them got burned. Magallon isn't the same player since the injury. Mexico struggles against aerial attacks, so I'm going to see how they handle free and corner kicks.

Now, the good news for them is that on offense Giovani has been playing very well. For me he was he player of the game against Costa Rica.

Ok everyone fails to realize something...

This tournament team.... it's a totally different team from anything you've seen in the past.

You cannot say this team has struggled.. because it hasn't.
Defense exposed?

I didn't think so.. both defenses were sloppy.. and both teams sighed of relief a bunch of times.

Libri
07-24-2009, 11:57 PM
You cannot say this team has struggled.. because it hasn't.

:lol

Then tell me how many managers have Mexico had in the last two years? Also, what's there current ranking in the CONCACAF World Cup qualification? This team is not playing at the level that most expect them to be. Here is another question, how many players that are currently playing in this tournament will be called to play in the games that really count, in other words, world qualifying matches? The problem with the Mexican team is they are a home team and struggle on the road and they have lapses through out the game. Anybody who has seen Mexico play for some time knows that.

Sense
07-25-2009, 12:52 AM
:lol

Then tell me how many managers have Mexico had in the last two years? Also, what's there current ranking in the CONCACAF World Cup qualification? This team is not playing at the level that most expect them to be. Here is another question, how many players that are currently playing in this tournament will be called to play in the games that really count, in other words, world qualifying matches? The problem with the Mexican team is they are a home team and struggle on the road and they have lapses through out the game. Anybody who has seen Mexico play for some time knows that.

You still don't get it...

THIS team... as in the current young team hasnt struggled.

obviously over the years it has.. but THIS team hasnt. it's that simple.

Libri
07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
^ Yes I get it. To me this team has struggled as well as the other team, the European based players. The US also have their own problems.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I thought it started at 11. Univision lied to me. 12 o'clock it is.

Libri
07-26-2009, 11:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Franco starts instead of Sabah.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 01:28 PM
dammit, is this thing on anything else but FSC? i'm visiting my girlfriend and she doesn't have it...or univision.

Sense
07-26-2009, 01:36 PM
dammit, is this thing on anything else but FSC? i'm visiting my girlfriend and she doesn't have it...or univision.

Where the hell do you live that you can't find a house with Univision....

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Where the hell do you live that you can't find a house with Univision....

fucking spokane, wa...this is bullshit.

iggypop123
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
if mexico loses 10-0 it still wont be enough they need to pound these bastards

Chief
07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, USA's defense fuckin fell apart, the goalie was doing fine, but the players aren't backin him up, 3 goals in like 10 mins, the first goal was bullshit, the second 2 were earned.

How come everytime the mexicans score, the announcers keep yelling Taco Bell ?

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 03:44 PM
lololol

Chief
07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
4-0

damn this is embarassing

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 03:53 PM
if mexico loses 10-0 it still wont be enough they need to pound these bastards

how does 4-0 do it foor yoou?

iilluzioN
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
wtf, these USA players are not the same ones that played vs spain and won

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
5 0 lolololoolololol

jag
07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
5 0 lolololoolololol

El Tri beat the US C-team....that's hardly something to lol about.

Holden is the only player out there that will even make the WC team.

Sense
07-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, USA's defense fuckin fell apart, the goalie was doing fine, but the players aren't backin him up, 3 goals in like 10 mins, the first goal was bullshit, the second 2 were earned.

the first goal wasn't bullshit..... it was legit.. but yeah if I was the ref I wouldn't have called that.

then again.. he didn't call the second penalty on Dos Santos.. the more obvious call.

Mexico clearly better than this US team..

I did say this wasn't the same Mexican team.
Dos Santos and Vela have shown that they can carry this team... they're no longer boys but men and these two games against Costa Rica and the US clearly showed that.

I won 20 bucks.

Sense
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
El Tri beat the US C-team....that's hardly something to lol about.

Holden is the only player out there that will even make the WC team.

5-0?

5-0 is Lolable. Whatever the excuse is

iggypop123
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
4 0 lolololoolololol

fixed

Sense
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM

What announcers?

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 04:38 PM
What channel you hear it on, Chief?

lefty
07-26-2009, 06:03 PM
USA :lmao

SAtown
07-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Lmao usa

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
cool for mexico...but i don't know why their fans are so high. its like beating the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Manu...so what.

Sense
07-26-2009, 06:27 PM
cool for mexico...but i don't know why their fans are so high. its like beating the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Manu...so what.
Because it's the gold cup? This is a rivalry believe it not... regardless of who plays... the better team won and that's all that matters to this point.

Mexico had their their 2 best young stars playing but they were also missing alot of players... alot.

If anything this cup was an experiment with a new coach and a revamped team.

I think we're more excited of what's to come than beating a mediocre USA team.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Wait for August 12th. Gio, Vela and Castillo frontline is better than anything usa can put out there.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Because it's the gold cup? This is a rivalry believe it not... regardless of who plays... the better team won and that's all that matters to this point.

Mexico had their their 2 best young stars playing but they were also missing alot of players... alot.

and? so what.

Libri
07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Wait for August 12th. Gio, Vela and Castillo frontline is better than anything usa can put out there.

The US still lacks a top notch striker. This is the reason why they tried to lure Giuseppe Rossi. Currently the future lies with Altidore, who is very good but needs more experience. Dempsey is primarily a winger. So that only leaves Donovan.

As for Mexico, I would rather go with Gio, Vela and Vuoso. Castillo barks a lot but has no bite. Put Zinha in the back of them and you improve the midfield.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I am a big Neri fan, so call me bias on that. I think when Nari is playing his best, he is better than Vuoso.

And yeah, USA needs a top notch scorer badly.

Sense
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
The US still lacks a top notch striker. This is the reason why they tried to lure Giuseppe Rossi. Currently the future lies with Altidore, who is very good but needs more experience. Dempsey is primarily a winger. So that only leaves Donovan.

As for Mexico, I would rather go with Gio, Vela and Vuoso. Castillo barks a lot but has no bite. Put Zinha in the back of them and you improve the midfield.

Castillo carried the team in the last World Cup... he's the reason we got as far as we did... since then he's been all bark but... the guy can play.

Sense
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
and? so what.

Why were you so desperate to watch the game in the first place?

Phenomanul
07-27-2009, 01:26 AM
I am a big Neri fan, so call me bias on that. I think when Nari is playing his best, he is better than Vuoso.

And yeah, USA needs a top notch scorer badly.

Neri needs to learn to share the ball; more importantly, he needs to learn how to 'keep his cool' as he often lets his passion get the best of him... The fact that he isn't getting much burn on his club team (lack of continuity), hurts his game and increases the probability of getting hurt when he is called up to suit-up for the national team... (which has already happened on three distinct occasions)... but yeah, I agree... if he can get it together, Castillo has alot to offer... and is probably Mexico's 2nd most talented player... if not the most bewieldering...

Fowards-wise I like the three headed attack of Vela, Franco and Dos Santos... especially when Dos Santos is playing more of a creative midfield role... As for Vuoso... IMO when healthy Franco >>>>> Vuoso... and they're the same type of player...

As far as tinkering with the current line-up, for the game on August 12th, the only people I would call up would be Guardado, Salcido, and Rafa Marquez... and one of (Pardo or Blanco) for free-kicks...

I would leave Ochoa at the keeper spot... I'm glad the Oswaldo Sanchez days are finally over...

I'd also like to make a comment on the sportsmanship from the Gold Cup Final... sure there were kicks and fouls on both sides but fortunately "bad blood" never reared its ugly head... It seems like the "A" squads for both Mexico and the US need to take a page from this game...

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Neri needs to learn to share the ball; more importantly, he needs to learn how to 'keep his cool' as he often lets his passion get the best of him... The fact that he isn't getting much burn on his club team (lack of continuity), hurts his game and increases the probability of getting hurt when he is called up to suit-up for the national team... (which has already happened on three distinct occasions)... but yeah, I agree... if he can get it together, Castillo has alot to offer... and is probably Mexico's 2nd most talented player... if not the most bewieldering...

Fowards-wise I like the three headed attack of Vela, Franco and Dos Santos... especially when Dos Santos is playing more of a creative midfield role... As for Vuoso... IMO when healthy Franco >>>>> Vuoso... and they're the same type of player...

As far as tinkering with the current line-up, for the game on August 12th, the only people I would call up would be Guardado, Salcido, and Rafa Marquez... and one of (Pardo or Blanco) for free-kicks...

I would leave Ochoa at the keeper spot... I'm glad the Oswaldo Sanchez days are finally over...

I'd also like to make a comment on the sportsmanship from the Gold Cup Final... sure there were kicks and fouls on both sides but fortunately "bad blood" never reared its ugly head... It seems like the "A" squads for both Mexico and the US need to take a page from this game...

No Cuaoh, please. He still has a great touch, but he's so damn old now.

I've been calling for the Sanchez days to be over since the Mundial. I still don't understand why he gets so much play for the NT.

Do you guys think the A team for USA will be able to keep up with Gio?

Phenomanul
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
No Cuaoh, please. He still has a great touch, but he's so damn old now.

I've been calling for the Sanchez days to be over since the Mundial. I still don't understand why he gets so much play for the NT.

Do you guys think the A team for USA will be able to keep up with Gio?

Blanco is still serviceable for 25 minutes a game (:lol much like Ginobili) especially if the game is tight. You're correct in that his athleticism is gone... but great touch can never be overlooked as a gamechanging factor... Futhermore, this version of the Mexican National Team lacked someone who could change the game with their free-kicks and the delivery of their corners. Guardado is an excellent choice for taking corners (his role on Deportivo La Coruņa), while Blanco is highly crafty with his headers... Blanco or Pardo, however are needed for taking free-kicks. Not only that, but if Torrado misses that PK in the final it could have changed the outcome of the game, especially when Mexico had misfired on two previous PKs in the tournament. Blanco isn't fazed by the game's pressure when taking PKs.

As for Gio... look for the U.S. squad to punish him physically early in the game... Gio is resilient though... and with his confidence at an all-time high he will likely be involved with Mexico's scoring...

Unlike the big names we keep hearing at the attack positions, the biggest upgrade for the US heading into Mexico IMO will be the 'change of guard' at keeper... Tim Howard is a beast.

Mexico 2 - USA 1

RedsLakers24
07-27-2009, 10:08 PM
The starters that played against Brazil and Spain did not play on this match, in fact 0 starters played, so if i was mexico i wouldnt be so happy, Mexico was missing players also but had alot of starters playing unlike the U.S who didnt have any starter play

Sense
07-27-2009, 10:19 PM
The starters that played against Brazil and Spain did not play on this match, in fact 0 starters played, so if i was mexico i wouldnt be so happy, Mexico was missing players also but had alot of starters playing unlike the U.S who didnt have any starter play

I find this amusing... USA fans telling us not to be happy about a 5-0 win in a championship match against a rival in Jersey...

it's just not happening... obviously some of you guys aren't over it.

RedsLakers24
07-28-2009, 12:35 AM
I find this amusing... USA fans telling us not to be happy about a 5-0 win in a championship match against a rival in Jersey...

it's just not happening... obviously some of you guys aren't over it.

To tell you the truth im mexican, and im happy the Mexico won, but all i am saying is we shouldnt be happy about this win because we played agaisnt the reserves for the US, when they play on the azteca you will see a very different US team

Sense
07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
To tell you the truth im mexican, and im happy the Mexico won, but all i am saying is we shouldnt be happy about this win because we played agaisnt the reserves for the US, when they play on the azteca you will see a very different US team

You shouldn't be happy? Then I'm guessing you're not an NT fan... regardless if you're Mexican or not.

I just can't picture a fan not being excited about what they saw out of Carlos Vela and Gio Dos Santos in this tournament... as well as Ochoa and the rest of the crew.

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Vela didn't play so great in the tourney, imo. Gio was awesome possum. That's what I expected from him at Barca back in 2007.

Sense
07-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Vela didn't play so great in the tourney, imo. Gio was awesome possum. That's what I expected from him at Barca back in 2007.

Vela got injured the first game and came back against Costa Rica.. no shit he didn't do good.. he didn't play, but from what I saw from the Costa Rica and USA game they're both maturing.

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Vela left a lot of great opportunities pass him by vs Costa Rica. Gio was setting him up a lot and he wasn't getting it done.

RedsLakers24
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
You shouldn't be happy? Then I'm guessing you're not an NT fan... regardless if you're Mexican or not.

I just can't picture a fan not being excited about what they saw out of Carlos Vela and Gio Dos Santos in this tournament... as well as Ochoa and the rest of the crew.

Well i dont really watch soccer and dont know the players but on ESPN they said no starters that played against Spain played in this game, so i guess it was just mexico beating US bench

Sense
07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Well i dont really watch soccer and dont know the players but on ESPN they said no starters that played against Spain played in this game, so i guess it was just mexico beating US bench

Ok then you're not a fan.

It was youth versus bench...

to me it's pretty equal... but I guess...

who cares about that game.. Mexico had it in the bag after Costa Rica..

The important thing is the experience the future of Mexican soccer gained.

IronMexican
07-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Ok then you're not a fan.

It was youth versus bench...

to me it's pretty equal... but I guess...

who cares about that game.. Mexico had it in the bag after Costa Rica..

The important thing is the experience the future of Mexican soccer gained.

Still have to beat out Honduras or Costa Rica, though. I am 50/50 on them qualifying. I don't think I've been so pissed at a Mexico loss in a long time after they lost to El Salvador.

Sense
08-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I can't believe the game is at 3... on Wednesday... this pisses me off.

I'm going to be working.

IronMexican
08-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I was tripping the fuck out on that, too. Should I make a new thread or keep this one?

robino2001
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Coworkers family was going to come over and BBQ before the game then watch after we eat... I guess we'll still do it but just record the game and then avoid the score for a few hours. This time I'll know to stay out of the club.

Not only is it at 3pm (central) but it's only on Universal Sports or mun2... well in English at least. WTF is up with that? How did NBC get the rights to this game - I don't ever remember a qualifier that wasn't on an ESPN family channel.

Dinamita
08-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Guardado got injured :depressed

Gervin44Silas13
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Gonna be a great Match at the Azteca.....Mexico needs this victory more than the US.

Mexicos WC Quali play has been hideous!

Gervin44Silas13
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh yeah its' gonna be a bad blood match!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Mexico needs this win indeed to qualify in the top three. I don't really think they want the fourth spot in the concacaf and have to play against a conmebol team.

Usa need the win because of what happen in the Gold Cup. I liked how the guys in espn made it seem like it was no big deal, the us didn't have their starters so on. I expect Mexico to win. I mean 0-22-1 in qualifiers in Azteca is bad enough. I know they mean shit but I dont see the US going there and getting a win.

Its going to be a bad ass game. Its to bad a lot of people here don't follow it and some dare to say it's not a sport. WTF!!!! Thats why the US doesn't go further in the World cup. I'll try to get out of work early, I don't want to miss it.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I can't believe the game is at 3... on Wednesday... this pisses me off.

I'm going to be working.

On that note, they scheduled it to try to make it hard on the US players. At 3 is probably the hottest time in the city and with the smog, pretty tough to withstand for somebody that is not used to. But as it turns out it might be cloudy and their might be rain in the forecast. Which is going to be cooler than what they thought they were going to play in. Nice planning aholes. I really wanted this game to be @ 7 central

iggypop123
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Mexico is desperate they have the heat and smog and 100k people and elevation. doesnt look good, but at least donovan will play this game.

RedsLakers24
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I Expect a US Win by a 1-0 Match, the us defense will be better Santos will not be Doing what he did Last Time, but i hope Mexico Wins

Paul McCartney
08-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Is there some way to watch many football games whilst in America? A certain channel like League Pass or something?

makedamnsure
08-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Any football games you mean? Since ESPN gained the rights to a lot of EPL and La Liga matches, you can probably tune into ESPN360 to watch online.

Otherwise, ESPN and FSC are your best bets for English football. GolTV for Spanish footy.

urunobili
08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Just bury Mexico once and for all!!!

makedamnsure
08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Just bury Mexico once and for all!!!

Hell yeah. A win would mean so much since it would put Mexico in such a tough spot to qualify for the World Cup. Guess that Gold Cup doesn't mean shit when you can't go to the big dance!

Libri
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Any football games you mean? Since ESPN gained the rights to a lot of EPL and La Liga matches, you can probably tune into ESPN360 to watch online.

Otherwise, ESPN and FSC are your best bets for English football. GolTV for Spanish footy.

There is also Setanta Sports, which show the EPL and the SPL.

By the way, Dish Network removed GolTV. :(

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Almost game time.

urunobili
08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Die Mexico Die!!!

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 02:33 PM
dodgers and the game are on at the same time. damn this.

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
pumped

Libri
08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
USA, 1
Mexico, 0

Early goal by Davies.

Libri
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Goal by Castro

USA, 1
Mexico, 1

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 03:28 PM
two great goals....damn....I hope they keep this up....ESPN FAILS by not showing this. HD fights and Sportsnation is on over this? GTFO ESPN

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
visually mexico is killing US on possession......too bad telemundo won't give me exact numbers

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
seriously....ching (us) needs to get on the bench now.....he is following the ball....not the open space

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
damn home court advantage. no cards for them. even the biased univison guys are saying its a yellow

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 03:41 PM
lol....this game is now ESPN.COM homepage material with a live blog and gamecast....

Libri
08-12-2009, 03:50 PM
halftime, game tied

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 03:51 PM
is it like 4 yellow cards already. damn

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
The Refs are worst than the NBA, They commited a foul on Donovan and didnt call it and thats why Mexico scored, even the Telemundo announcers are saying it

Libri
08-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Right now, USA has little to no offense.

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 04:33 PM
The US Cant buy a call its funny, GO MEXICO

Libri
08-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Davies missed a perfect pass.

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
hey mexico got a card! the ref might get killed

Libri
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
goal by Sabah

USA, 1
Mexico, 2

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 04:47 PM
fags scored. looks like they are trying to do keep away

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
and suddenly every mexican player is taking a spill to try and kill the clock....

mFFL03
08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
question...where the hell was dempsey, altidore and beasley today? donovan played like shit too.............oh well.........mexico never loses on their turf.........they are weak sauce on neutral grounds

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
These Refs SUCKED

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
wow anyone see the ref smile after the game was over. im sure he was thinking was "now i get paid"

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
umzhkmkcduhmxumxshxxmzshxjmdhmxkudjesmmdxujkxuemxz hlgkf

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, im mexican, but mexicans need to show class, WTF is that by throwing Trash at players

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 04:58 PM
The refs were smiling. Pretty much tells the story right there

iggypop123
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, im mexican, but mexicans need to show class, WTF is that by throwing Trash at players

class? you cant show class if you never had it to begin with

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
iggypopo blaming the refs? Not surprised. He did it all during the playoffs.

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
iggypopo blaming the refs? Not surprised. He did it all during the playoffs.

when the Telemundo Guys are questioning calls you know something is up

Libri
08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
USA was content on maintaining the tie and for the most part played a defensive game but it didn't work.

Banzai
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Check out the chat going on at the ESPN website..some messed up fuckers over there.

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
And I'm surprised no USA players got carded out.

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I Feel sorry for Mexico when they have to play Outside of Mexico when they willl not recieve the Calls they got today

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
lol i love how that one defender got in altidores face then sprinted away he wouldve had the #### knocked out of him

MannyIsGod
08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Disappointing. Everytime I think USA is going to get over a hump they lose a game like this.

Banzai
08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
When will these 2 teams meet again? Was this game played in Mexico or the US?

RedsLakers24
08-12-2009, 05:13 PM
When will these 2 teams meet again? Was this game played in Mexico or the US?

Well lets see US got like 5 Yellow cards while Mexico only got 1. The Foul Despartity was horrible in Mexicos Favor, after the Match the Ref was smiling like yeah im going to get paid. it was played in Mexico

lefty
08-12-2009, 05:18 PM
In unrelated news, Algeria beat Uruguay 1-0 :D

Banzai
08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Well lets see US got like 5 Yellow cards while Mexico only got 1. The Foul Disparity was horrible in Mexico's Favor, after the Match the Ref was smiling like yeah im going to get paid. it was played in Mexico

When do they meet again? US lost to Mexico last time when the US team kept all the starters on the bench right?

The_Worlds_finest
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Good thing the world cup isnt played in Mexico this year

Libri
08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
When do they meet again? US lost to Mexico last time when the US team kept all the starters on the bench right?

I don't think they meet again in the hexagonal. Here are the remaining games.

Saturday 5 September
Costa Rica-Mexico
Honduras-Trinidad and Tobago
USA-El Salvador

Wednesday 9 September
El Salvador-Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago-USA
Mexico-Honduras

Saturday 10 October
Costa Rica-Trinidad and Tobago
Mexico-El Salvador
Honduras-USA

Wednesday 14 October
USA-Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago-Mexico
El Salvador-Honduras

lefty
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
2dG65b5GbUs

Sense
08-12-2009, 10:35 PM
All I see is alot of crying.. bitching.. and moaning.

Get over it USA fans.

IronMexican
08-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Get over it USA fans.

Did you really expect anything else?

Sense
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Did you really expect anything else?

Well now that you made me think about it. I guess not.

There will always be an excuse huh?

It's funny...

lefty
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Numbers show that Mexico owns the States

I mean on a soccer pitch

iggypop123
08-13-2009, 12:24 AM
i think mexico should probably worry about honduras before gloating about the us win

RedsLakers24
08-13-2009, 04:28 AM
http://newmedia2.funnyjunk.com/pictures/7262d584e391180c57762a1772a02dca.jpg

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-13-2009, 07:19 AM
In the gold cup Mexico beats the US in the US, their excuse is it was the B team, no big deal. It will be a different story in Azteca with the A team.

Yesterday Mexico beats the US A team, what's the excuse now.. the b team wasn't playing, or it was the refs fault.

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 08:31 AM

Well, I was half right. :lol

Oh and before you USA haters jump on me, I was referring to Team USA's record in Mexico, not the refs. I didn't see the game but even if I had, I don't play the ref card. The score was about what I had figured. Oh well, the US is still in good shape to qualify for 2010.

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 08:37 AM
and suddenly every mexican player is taking a spill to try and kill the clock....

Its not just a Mexican thing, its a soccer thing...one of the few things I dislike about the sport.

WTF is that by throwing Trash at players
Another thing I don't like about soccer. Aside from the occasional Malice at the Palace and bottle night in Cleveland, you don't have fans at American sporting events lobbing objects at opposing players or fans. Americans get the arrogant tag but you get trash, ice and coins thrown at you in Europe, to the point where they have to ban fans from a basketball game and balloons filled with blood or urine thrown at South American soccer games or worse if you make a mistake and they shoot you for it. When an American fan acts up, its "arrogant", when a Euro or Latin American fan does it, it's "passion". Yes before you say it, not every single game but definetly at a higher
frequency than in the US.

BTW, this isn't an anti-Soccer take, its an anti-the actions of some soccer fans and players take.

nkdlunch
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Lol usa

nkdlunch
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Get over it USA fans.

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Well lets see US got like 5 Yellow cards while Mexico only got 1. The Foul Despartity was horrible in Mexicos Favor, after the Match the Ref was smiling like yeah im going to get paid. it was played in Mexico

Actually it was 4 to 2.

How is Mexico's home field advantage different from anyone else's? The US team knew this and took steps early to neutralize it but didn't capitalize on that lead. They have no one to blame but themselves. This game could have been won.

Phenomanul
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
The Refs are worst than the NBA, They commited a foul on Donovan and didnt call it and thats why Mexico scored, even the Telemundo announcers are saying it

The referee let the play run because Donovan kept posession of the ball after the foul... it wasn't until a second Mexican player stole the ball from Donovan that he started complaining...

This is a legitimate rule of the game.

Having said that, the officiating was nothing to write home about...

Phenomanul
08-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Actually it was 4 to 2.

How is Mexico's home field advantage different from anyone else's? The US team knew this and took steps early to neutralize it but didn't capitalize on that lead. They have no one to blame but themselves. This game could have been won.

+1

Concerning home field advantage between the two CONCACAF giants, all U.S. home games going back to the qualifying rounds prior to France 1998 have been played in 20 °F weather (mostly wet weather at either Columbus, Ohio or at Foxboro, Massachusetts)... The Mexican side emerged victorious only that first instance... freezing weather is not something they are accustomed to, nor does it cater to their style of play... the U.S. knows this and has repeatedly taken advantage of this deficiency by asking the CONCACAF schedulers to schedule their games in January or February...

Mexico's only real advantage in Mexico City is the smoggy air, and the Denver-like altitude... even for a game in mid-August, 75 °F temperatures, and a picture-perfect dry pitch, are not advantages to either side...

Libri
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Landon Donovan Afflicted With H1N1 Virus (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_landon_donovan_afflicted)

Goal.com Aug 13, 11:19 pm EDT

U.S. and Los Angeles Galaxy soccer star Landon Donovan has tested positive for the H1N1 flu virus. Sports Illustrated reported that Donovan got the news on Thursday.

He had apparently been feeling ill since the USA squad met for training camp in Florida.

"I felt something when I got into Miami on Sunday," Donovan told SI. "I just felt real bad and finally went to see the doctor. They took a swab from my nose and confirmed it, so that was that."

On Wednesday, Donovan played for 90 minutes in Azteca stadium in the World Cup qualifying match versus Mexico. Though he assisted on the Charlie Davies goal that put the USA in the lead in Azteca for their first time ever, Donovan also tired and trailed defensively on the play that led to Mexico's winning goal in the late in the match.

"I've never felt that bad," said Donovan. "The last time I was there [at Estadio Azteca] I didn't feel that bad. I just felt lethargic, slow. I didn't feel normal."

Though Donovan thought he might feel well enough to play in the Galaxy's weekend match to the Seattle Sounders, a physician told Goal.com that the MLS squad would have to be careful to keep the player from spreading the virus to his teammates, who include England star David Beckham.

According to the Center for Disease Control, persons with H1N1 may no longer be contagious a week after illness onset, providing that their symptoms (fever, chills) have resolved.

The Galaxy are making a run for the MLS playoffs, but the Seattle Sounders are fellow Western Conference rivals and will look to gain points if Donovan cannot play.

The Galaxy player has been in good form this season, leading the team in goals scored.

Goal.com