PDA

View Full Version : Don Harris on AM 1250 @ 11:20

Solid D
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Paul Alexander says that "Don Harris says he was lucky in breaking the story about the Theo Ratliff signing. I (Paul Alexander) say it was good hard work by Don." He'll be on as a guest at 11:20.

Did Don Harris work hard to break this story, or was he just reading SpursTalk and Gig's inside info?

D-ROB 50
07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
the second one

Solid D
07-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Don said that he put in the call to the Spurs late at night, he didn't know if they'd answer but they did and they confirmed that they had agreed to a deal with Ratliff. He said, unfortunately it broke after the 10:00 PM newscast but after it was confirmed by the Spurs, then he put it out on twitter and posted on WOAI.

(Don didn't say what specifically prompted him to call the Spurs)

Libri
07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
^ He said that someone sent him a tip through email.

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
(Don didn't say what specifically prompted him to call the Spurs)

Actually, he said he got an e-mail from a friend.

I recall timvp mentioning that he had sent e-mails to possible confirming sources.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Don...wow...if he did get the info off here, why wouldn't he say it? He seems like a good guy, normally.

yavozerb
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Who cares...All because its posted on ST as a possibility does not mean its factual..Harris indicated he get official confirmation from the spurs (which no one here did)and not off a twitter message which a friend of a friend got.

Solid D
07-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Ah, the phone rang around that time, so I guess I missed that. Thanks. I guess we know the rest of the story now.

It was a good interview and there was good Spurs discussion about the use of Ratliff like a goalie arouind the goal. Kurt Thomas would get dunked on by Kobe but Ratliff is more of a shot blocker, up there to defend the rim.

buttsR4rebounding
07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I called 1250 the Zone yesterday before Harris came on and told them that the story actually broke on Spurstalk.com and to check it out. That it was on Spurstalk 3 or 4 hours before Tweedle Don broke it. I suggested they ask Don Harris if that's where he picked up on it and they said they would. Unfortunately they were wimps and it was your basic cyber handjob interview making sure Don left w/ a smile on his face.:jack

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 11:39 AM
So many bad assumptions going on in this thread and only a few correct ones.

Solid D
07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Well other than not mentioning SpursTalk, it's not a big deal.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Well other than not mentioning SpursTalk, it's not a big deal.

He didn't get it from reading SpursTalk.

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Who cares...All because its posted on ST as a possibility does not mean its factual..Harris indicated he get official confirmation from the spurs (which no one here did)and not off a twitter message which a friend of a friend got.

I tend to agree. It's not as if GiG is going to earn a media job from having broken this story; and it's not like Don is going to lose his media job for having relied on a non-media, non-basketball source like an e-mail from a friend. Don admitted that he didn't have the original information and that all he did was confirm and report.

SpursTalk deserves a tip of the hat for having occasionally broken news over the years (the Parker extension, the Ratliff signing) and I suppose that on some level, the site and it's operators might benefit from publicizing that aspect of it's operation, but there are ways of making that happen that don't depend on guys like Don Harris or Paul Alexander.

Solid D
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
This post here basically answers the original question.

Actually, he said he got an e-mail from a friend.

I recall timvp mentioning that he had sent e-mails to possible confirming sources.

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2009, 11:51 AM
This post here basically answers the original question.

I don't know that LJ sent an e-mail to Don Harris. It's a reasonable guess, I suppose, but I don't know that Don's source is ST even indirectly.

Solid D
07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Good lesson for all.

Trainwreck2100
07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
didn't peter burns tweet it first?

timvp
07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Don Harris doesn't read SpursTalk.

But he does read email. :wakeup

Kinda funny that he's acting like a conquering hero without explaining the whole story ... but he was able to get actual confirmation first so props to him.

Big Empty
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
why do yall trip so much when something is reported. Don harris is a spurs fan like you and I. who gives ashit where he got the info.

Solid D
07-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Don Harris doesn't read SpursTalk.

But he does read email. :wakeup

Kinda funny that he's acting like a conquering hero without explaining the whole story ... but he was able to get actual confirmation first so props to him.

Stepping a level back from this, is Richard Jefferson going to be a good source on breaking news in the future?

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 12:13 PM
He didn't get it from reading SpursTalk.
Yeah...I wouldn't think so. While this is by far the best NBA forum on the web, I was assuming he probably got the email asking for confirmation, and that got the ball rolling.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
why do yall trip so much when something is reported. Don harris is a spurs fan like you and i. Who gives ashit where he got the info.
+1

mouse
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
So many bad assumptions going on in this thread and only a few correct ones.

Don Harris has always dissed ST so I can see why Solid D posted what he did, Tell us Kori how many times has Don posted here at ST.

How many times when he had his radio show you was a guest on the show?
I like Big Screen forehead Don just like you but I call it like I see it and Don said ST posters are losers living in their Mothers basements!

mouse
07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
why do yall trip so much when something is reported. Don harris is a spurs fan like you and I. who gives ashit where he got the info.

I take it you never had something you did first stolen from you and someone else getting the credit. Then again with less than 20 posts I can see how your new to the whole www etiquette.

Stealing a scoop is the same as stealing a invention,song,movie script, or joke! I take it your a huge Carlos Mancia fan.

mouse
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
So did ESPN 1250am and you still call.

When did ESPN say on live air ST was lame and the posters are losers living in their mothers basements? I am a huge Don Harris fan but I am not going to toss his salad 24/7 like you. BTW whats your favorite dressing?

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I take it you never had something you did first stolen from you and someone else getting the credit. Then again with less than 20 posts I can see how your new to the whole www etiquette.

Stealing a scoop is the same as stealing a invention,song,movie script, or joke! I take it your a huge Carlos Mancia fan.

He didn't steal a scoop. He got a tip from an email from a friend (which is what he said) and then he got confirmation from the Spurs on his own.

I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Stepping a level back from this, is Richard Jefferson going to be a good source on breaking news in the future?

I would say, No. I'm guessing he'll be trained to stop talking as soon as he gets to San Antonio :lol

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 12:53 PM
He didn't steal a scoop. He got a tip from an email from a friend (which is what he said) and then he got confirmation from the Spurs on his own.

+1 I feel the same. Yes, he received a tip from a friend (presumably Timvp), but he went about the steps to get the confirmation himself...who cares what other people think. If LJ gave him the tip, he knows, and Don knows...and that's the only people who really need to know.

purist
07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Don Harris has always dissed ST so I can see why Solid D posted what he did, Tell us Kori how many times has Don posted here at ST.

How many times when he had his radio show you was a guest on the show?
I like Big Screen forehead Don just like you but I call it like I see it and Don said ST posters are losers living in their Mothers basements!

if the basement fits ...:toast

mouse
07-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Ok cool you and LJ email me all your inside info you get on the Spurs and I will take credit for it. The bottom-line Don Harris will step on your neck to get any advantage that will help his career. Just like when KTSA was the first to report that Mayor Castro's brother was the one on the river barge not him, KSAT ran to the TV studio and took credit never gave KTSA their props.

If polygamist was not such a big deal then why did that express news journalist lose his job?

mouse
07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
if the basement fits ...:toast

Did you happen to hear the show that day? Pooh pushed Don's button good that day.

scottspurs
07-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Don Harris is the Man. I love that guy. Who cares who broke what. What matters is Theo Ratliff is a Spur and RC and Coach Pop are doing work this offseason.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

mouse
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Tune in to ESPN the Zone at 3:00 PM as I call out Don Harris and expose him for the lowlife egg sucking dog that he is!

http://www.1250thezone.com/

mouse
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ZONE/55.jpg

Libri
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
KSAT ran to the TV studio and took credit never gave KTSA their props.

Apparently KSAT's sportscasters do the same thing.

Slomo
07-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Don?

P.S. Cool screen name :tu

stxspurs
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
is pauly package gonna break the news?

rjv
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
is this a thread about narcissism?

Alex Jones
07-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't remember the exact words but both Jason and Chris made fun of ST posters. I'll have to do a search I know it was posted not to long ago..

Are you talking about something Chris Duel said in these forums? We all tell each other shit in these forums. I told Duel hes a Homo Chris told mouse hes a loser ect... But when it come to live radio The Zone gives more props to ST than any other radio show in America.

If you was a regular listener you would know this. In fact if you guys want to post something you want read on the air and I will froward it to the show and look how fast they read it and you tell me which radio show supports ST.

Don Juan Harris was wrong and him and Kori know it but they must be civil with each other when posting on line.

JudynTX
07-24-2009, 01:39 PM
is pauly package gonna break the news?

:lol :lol

Solid D
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
:lol This thread has waaaaaay outlived its useful, emo life.

stxspurs
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
he isnt gonna talk anymore either way

ploto
07-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Don Harris still needs scoop from a friend who owns a message board that has a member who is a friend of a friend of a player. That should tell you just how little he has inside sources with the Spurs after all these years.

french bread
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
http://axner.com/axner/tools/images/other-tools/aluminum-scoop-f.jpg

Buddy Holly
07-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Harris is a Spurs haters so him not visiting this board isn't surprising. He's also a total douche in real life and email. Just FYI. You anchor the least watched station of the big three, shit, KABB gets better ratings and you act like you're the shit. :lol

Buddy Holly
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't care. We are talking about Theo Ratliff, not signing LeBron James or something. I actually knew this several hours before I started the thread. RJ was talking to RC Buford for half an hour on his cell.

Did he give out any more information? Like a trade for Bonner and Fin or just the Theo signing.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Did he give out any more information? Like a trade for Bonner and Fin or just the Theo signing.

I think IF he had that info and leaked it out, Pop would murder him before he played a game for the Spurs

King
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Who did Don 'steal' from? Someone who got the 'scoop' from GiG, who got it from a friend, who got it from RJ, who got it from the team. So, who exactly got ripped off here?