PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals acquire Matt Holliday

EricB
07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
For 2 AAA prospects and 1 AA prospect.

:elephant :elephant :elephant

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
A steal. It's almost a guarantee that Dodgers and Cards meet in WC. I hope this doesn't put them over the top. Dodgers need to move for Halladay, now. Anyone but Kersh and Kemp.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Shit...I'm an Astros and Rangers fan..this doesn't bode well for the Stros.

Dr. Gonzo
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Shit...I'm an Astros and Rangers fan..this doesn't bode well for the Stros.

They never had a chance to win the division before this trade.

And how can you be a fan of both? That's sacrilegious.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
A steal. It's almost a guarantee that Dodgers and Cards meet in WC. I hope this doesn't put them over the top. Dodgers need to move for Halladay, now. Anyone but Kersh and Kemp.

phillies??

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Phillies what? Dodgers would have to get passed Wild Card first. No matter what, the dodgers would have to play STL, unless they make some crazy comeback and pass up the Phills. Teams from the same division can't play each other in the WC.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
oh didnt see WC lol. i still like the brewers in the central. we'll see how it plays out. i think its going to be dodgers brewers phillies and the cards with the wild card. so i guess the dodgers will play the cards if it goes according to what i think.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 03:35 PM
They never had a chance to win the division before this trade.

And how can you be a fan of both? That's sacrilegious.
Why is that sacrilegious? I enjoy baseball, I am a Texas native...I like Texas teams. I like the Cowboys and Texans too (though I'm a MUCH bigger Cowboys fan). Now...I detest the Mavs, but can handle the Rockets. And Houston was 1 game out a couple of days ago..they definitely had a chance..and still do...and Texas does too

Dr. Gonzo
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm a big believer in hating all other teams except the one you root for.

EricB
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
oh didnt see WC lol. i still like the brewers in the central. we'll see how it plays out. i think its going to be dodgers brewers phillies and the cards with the wild card. so i guess the dodgers will play the cards if it goes according to what i think.

The Brewers have 0 pitching.

The Cardinals have a damn good 1-4. If they can get a Doug Davis or a good solid innings eating back of the rotation guy for the 5th spot, they will be set for the central.

Murders row is back baby!

Schumaker
DeRosa
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
Rasmus
Molina

Nice :smokin

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
^thats true but i still stick by what i said. starting pitching the cards have it down but id rather take the bullpen of the brewers. difelice, stetter, coffey, and hoffman are lights out. offense of fielder, braun, cameron, hart, hardy, McGehee, and pick up of lopez is as potent as any in the league

EricB
07-24-2009, 04:56 PM
:lol @ Corey Hart

BTW, the Cardinal's bully is better as well.

Considered top 5 in baseball.

Trevor Miller from the left side has been lockdown and Ryan Franklin is money despite the blown save the other day.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Great move by the redbirds. I love how everyone on am 610 and 790 here in Houston were asking for Ed Wade's head 2 months ago. Now that they finally are respectable in the standings, World Series and playoffs are mentioned in conversations. Quite hilarious.

Matt Holliday didn't get the support in Oakland. Now he has Pujols behind him, so he should see better pitches to hit.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
:lol @ Corey Hart

BTW, the Cardinal's bully is better as well.

Considered top 5 in baseball.

Trevor Miller from the left side has been lockdown and Ryan Franklin is money despite the blown save the other day.

by who? all they have is franklin. miller is solid but all he is used for is key lefty on lefty situations. middle relief is far from top 5 in the league :lol

and yes corey hart, last years all star corey hart.

EricB
07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
by who? all they have is franklin. miller is solid but all he is used for is key lefty on lefty situations. middle relief is far from top 5 in the league :lol

and yes corey hart, last years all star corey hart.

Last year is correct.

The Cardinals bullpen is considered one of the better ones in the league yes.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Cardinals bullpen is 12th in era, 28th in SO's, 15th in saves and 19th in home runs allowed. so tell he again, they are top 5 according to who?

im not here to argue with you. i could care less who wins the central. im a dodger fan but to throw out claims like "they are top 5" without the numbers is retarded. cardinals have a better rotation, the brewers have a better pen, and IMO the brewers offense is better than STL even with the addition of holliday.

EricB
07-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Cards up 5-0 to the Phillies tonight and just from watching its amazing what 1 bat does.

They lead the inning off with 3 base hits from DeRosa Pujols then Holliday, then Ludwick, then Molina then Ankiel.

Putting 4 runson the board just like that.

Then the final two outs from Ryan and the pitcher but, now thisinning they lead off Lugo, DeRosa, Pujols.

Amazing how one bat makes the lineup seem to turn over REALLY quick.

EricB
07-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Cardinals bullpen is 12th in era, 28th in SO's, 15th in saves and 19th in home runs allowed. so tell he again, they are top 5 according to who?

im not here to argue with you. i could care less who wins the central. im a dodger fan but to throw out claims like "they are top 5" without the numbers is retarded. cardinals have a better rotation, the brewers have a better pen, and IMO the brewers offense is better than STL even with the addition of holliday.

15th in saves only because Franklin hasn't gotten many opportunities and the ERA is only up there from games they were losing and rookie long relievers coming in to spot starters that got hurt.

So again, keep looking at the numbers thinking they are the end all be all.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
WTF? so there arent other teams that throw in shitty relievers when teams are winning by alot? and true franklin wasnt the opening day starter but he has had 2 less save opportunities than k rod and papelbon who are arguably the two best closers in baseball. also, one man does not equal you're bullpen

keep thinking the cardinals are a top 5 bullpen

they played a sick game tonite, and holliday played out of his mind. he keeps playing like that i will be eating crow but my bet is he was playing on adrenaline.

ducks
07-25-2009, 10:16 AM
WTF? so there arent other teams that throw in shitty relievers when teams are winning by alot? and true franklin wasnt the opening day starter but he has had 2 less save opportunities than k rod and papelbon who are arguably the two best closers in baseball. also, one man does not equal you're bullpen

keep thinking the cardinals are a top 5 bullpen

they played a sick game tonite, and holliday played out of his mind. he keeps playing like that i will be eating crow but my bet is he was playing on adrenaline.

holiday is good

holiday will not go 4-5 everyday but he will make them pay walking people infront of him

JamStone
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM

Jays would consider Ethier, Billingsly, and Martin for Halladay.

Hey you said anyone but Kershaw and Kemp...

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Jays would consider Ethier, Billingsly, and Martin for Halladay.

Hey you said anyone but Kershaw and Kemp...

I'd give up one of them for Halladay. What I meant by that is that the Bluejays' want one marquee, young player. I'd be willing to give any of the young guys up minus Kersh or Kemp.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 11:33 AM
holiday will not go 4-5 everyday

thanks for letting us know.