PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Compares Himself To Pope

desflood
04-07-2005, 08:13 AM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED APRIL 06, 2005 20:02:22 ET XXXXX

CLINTON: POPE 'MAY HAVE MIXED LEGACY'

En route to Rome, Clinton told reporters the pope “centralized authority in the papacy again and enforced a very conservative theological doctrine. There will be debates about that. The number of Catholics increased by 250 million on his watch. But the numbers of priests didn't. He's like all of us - he may have a mixed legacy.”
Clinton was also asked about his first flight aboard Air Force One since the end of his presidency: “I never thought I'd be on this plane again - I had a good time. They have turkey burgers too, which they didn't have when I was here. If they'd been serving me turkey burgers, I might not have heart surgery.”

Developing...

Spurminator
04-07-2005, 08:59 AM
That's a bit of a sensationalist interpretation.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
That depends on what your meaning of is is.

JoeChalupa
04-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't see it.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Gee, I wonder why some of you get limited credibility in my eyes.

desflood
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Because, as we all know, Manny's opinion is VERY important in the grand scheme of things in the world.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Because, as we all know, Manny's opinion is VERY important in the grand scheme of things in the world.

I never said as much.

However, if I'm going to be critical of presidents past and present, I'm not going to start or even end with what they say, but their actions. This is the reason our political system sucks so much ass, because the general american public falls for the hype surrounding shit like this.

Oh Oh, Clinton compared himself to the Pope. The Horror! The man's not leading the country anymore. I couldn't care less if he compared his dick to the Eifel Fucking Tower.

desflood
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM
You must know I post stuff like this just to get a rise out of you.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I never said as much.

However, if I'm going to be critical of presidents past and present, I'm not going to start or even end with what they say, but their actions. This is the reason our political system sucks so much ass, because the general american public falls for the hype surrounding shit like this.

Oh Oh, Clinton compared himself to the Pope. The Horror! The man's not leading the country anymore. I couldn't care less if he compared his dick to the Eifel Fucking Tower.

This thread was really much to do about nothing. But it's in a very similar tone to what Dan posts here everyday. I just ignore it all really.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree that Dan posts much of the same.

I think it's a genral symptom of the American public that they buy into stupid political hype instead of substance. It's really sad and pathetic how simply ignorant most people are.

desflood
04-07-2005, 04:56 PM
It was kind of a joke, but never mind :rolleyes

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I understood that when you said it above, I'm speaking of the general American public. And if that's not true, why would some place such as Drudge even bother making this a story?

The Ressurrected One
04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
As one who questions the motives of the Catholic Church and who has some difficulty recognizing them as a Christian faith when they profess the infallibility of the human they promote to the Holy See, I think John Paul II was the most compassionate, intelligent, fair, Godly, and honest Pope the church has had in the immediate history of the Church; and, possibly, in the history of the church.

God rest his soul.

Bill Clinton can go get a blow job with his "mixed legacy" inference. His is etched in granite.

JoeChalupa
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I thought it was etched on a blue dress.

The Ressurrected One
04-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I thought it was etched on a blue dress.

:lol There too.