PDA

View Full Version : Hakim Warrick Anyone?

Guajalote
07-24-2009, 10:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4354901

Findog
07-24-2009, 10:47 PM
He's well worth a spot in somebody's rotation. I'd love to see the Mavs get him for a portion of our unused MLE. Unfortunately his agent is Bill Duffy, so there's no way he steers him to Dallas.

spursfaninla
07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Dallas frontcourt is going to be bad. ha ha

Findog
07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Dallas frontcourt is going to be bad. ha ha

Yeah, Dirk, Marion and Dampier is crap. You're a fucking dumbass.

spursfaninla
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Marion is a SF. Like Howard. I am curious where you get minutes for them and Terry...unless you play Howard at sg.

My problem is you have no 3rd big that I can see that is worth minutes. That is what I refer to. Marion is good, but sf was never your problem....hell, Dirk is your sf if DAllas is truthful, they never have had a real post scorer.

Findog
07-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Marion is a SF. Like Howard. I am curious where you get minutes for them and Terry...unless you play Howard at sg.

My problem is you have no 3rd big that I can see that is worth minutes. That is what I refer to. Marion is good, but sf was never your problem....hell, Dirk is your sf if DAllas is truthful, they never have had a real post scorer.

Frontcourt: SF, PF and C. Damp is crap; Dirk, Marion and Damp together are not.

Guajalote
07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Frontcourt: SF, PF and C. Damp is crap; Dirk, Marion and Damp together are not.

Then it looks like Warrick just might be a good fit for you. It would definitely take some pressure off of Dirk having to play big and bang inside and allow him to do what he does best.

I think this late in the game, he just might go to any number of teams on the cheap.

Ghazi
07-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Finny who would you prefer Diogu or Warrick? IDK much about either.

I wouldn't mind resigning my man James Singleton. Dude produces and is a beast on da glass! :D

I just want a wing reserve and a centerrr

Findog
07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Then it looks like Warrick just might be a good fit for you. It would definitely take some pressure off of Dirk having to play big and bang inside and allow him to do what he does best.

I think this late in the game, he just might go to any number of teams on the cheap.

I would love Warrick; he'd be a good addition to our bigs rotation. But like I said, Bill Duffy is his agent, and there is bad blood between him and Cuban. Have we EVER signed a Duffy client? I don't think so. He'll make sure Warrick doesn't end up here.

Findog
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Finny who would you prefer Diogu or Warrick? IDK much about either.

I wouldn't mind resigning my man James Singleton. Dude produces and is a beast on da glass! :D

I just want a wing reserve and a centerrr

Singleton is a decent backup to Dirk. I'd prefer Diogu or Gooden to Ryan Hollins backing up Dampier.

Guajalote
07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
So, that leaves Houston, Phoenix, Philly (no Miller and as Brand insurance), Hornets (as Chandler insurance), maybe Chicago, Minny, or Miami (if they lose out on Odom). Of course, I wouldn't cry if the Spurs got him too, but I think there is a logjam at PF/C for us.

Ghazi
07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm holding out hope the "buck shot" can be utilized eventually for a center (with some of the other expirings the Mavs have to make #'s work). Camby? Kaman?! Dalembert? okafor? I dunno if any of these players are available, just throwin some names out there :lol

wouldnt mind mle/lle bein split on a reserve wing (mccants/wafer?) and a big either (diogu/gooden/warrick)

NIH
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Diogu is more of a physical PF than Warrick, but Warrick is more athletic and and a better scorer.

Rogue
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM

You are absolutely right that we need a post scorer, but Warrick isn't someone to fit our need. Dude is more of a slasher and jump shooter like Smokey rather than a traditional scorer at low post like Shaq. Dirk, of course, isn't quite good at collecting low-post points either, but such a low post scorer is quite necessary for a team to run for the championship. Obviously the acquisition of Marion is far from enough to make us champions and our front office still need so much work to do, though I doute Donnie isn't so smart as to land a decent low-post scorer onto Dallas. Okafor would be a perfect fit for our current squad if Bobcats accepted the swap of Smokey and him, as you mentioned, it's kind of lame to play smokey at the starting 2. Even if he fits this spot, it still would be inperfect as JET's minutes would be inevitably squeezed.

Findog
07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Diogu is more of a physical PF than Warrick, but Warrick is more athletic and and a better scorer.

I think Warrick would be a better fit with the Mavs. Kidd, Marion, Jet, Dirk and Josh can run the floor. Warrick can too. We already have one plodder in Dampier. Diogu would be another. Hollins is pretty atheltic. Hollins and Warrick > Diogu.

Findog
07-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't like Rogue's descent into proper English and coherence.

KidCongo
07-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Warrick is a tweener type forward, a more up-tempo line-up would suit him like you pointed out Findog.

Findog
07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
If the Mavs could get Warrick and resign Hollins, I think that would make us pretty salty. Of course not enough to overtake the Lakers, but a bit of the gap would be erased.

Rogue
07-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm holding out hope the "buck shot" can be utilized eventually for a center (with some of the other expirings the Mavs have to make #'s work). Camby? Kaman?! Dalembert? okafor? I dunno if any of these players are available, just throwin some names out there :lol

wouldnt mind mle/lle bein split on a reserve wing (mccants/wafer?) and a big either (diogu/gooden/warrick)
Hell no to Dalembert, whose contract is surely outrageous even in spite of the 3m violation penalty for trade. That means, dude would get an extra 3m dollars into his own purse if he gets traded, and the 3m dollars is ruled to be paid by his new team. Of course even Donnie Nelson would decline such a contract despite his stupidity.

The number of games Kaman played last season didn't even reach double digit, and his salary isn't quite smaller than Damp's. I think Donnie should think thrice before seriously considering persuing Kaman even though Dude had a very decent season back in 07-08.

Camby would be a choice to spend serious consideration on. He wouldn't turn into a big burden as his contract is expring in the upcoming season, even if he sucked. Plus, his contributions on the offensive end aren't expected to be much more that what Damp's, and it also goes for the other end of the floor. Camby would be an upgrade on both ends but nothing significant is expected. If Clippers agreed to swap him for Damp then it would be a great deal for Mavs, but it isn't quite possible to take place eventually. It's a nice deal for Mavs if the Clippers only charges some expiring garbage contracts like Buckner for their Camby and some longer garbage contracts, but Donnie should say no directly if it costs Smokey or Jet.

Okafor is the best candidate nominated and it would be a great pick for us in both the long term and short term, and he is worth losing smokey or JET, or even both if they also throw in Raja Bell who can start for us at 2. We would like to take either of Rad or Mohamod, but no way should we eat them both.

Findog
07-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Okafor is not on the market unfortunately. I think the Mavs are committed to using Damp's contract as an expirer next year. They figure they can get a lot more for him than Camby. A big hell no to Dalembert and Kamen's durability issues + his contract are not things I want to touch.

Seriously, Gortat would've been nice, but split the MLE between Hollins and Warrick and call it a day.

Our bigs rotation would be Damp, Dirk, Singleton and Hollins. Our wings would be Marion, Warrick, Ross and Josh. The guards are Kidd, Terry, Barea.

Findog
07-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Buckner, Humphries and other spare parts garbage might net us as a player who can step into our rotation.

Rogue
07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Okafor is not on the market unfortunately. I think the Mavs are committed to using Damp's contract as an expirer next year. They figure they can get a lot more for him than Camby. A big hell no to Dalembert and Kamen's durability issues + his contract are not things I want to touch.

Seriously, Gortat would've been nice, but split the MLE between Hollins and Warrick and call it a day.

Our bigs rotation would be Damp, Dirk, Singleton and Hollins. Our wings would be Marion, Warrick, Ross and Josh. The guards are Kidd, Terry, Barea.
Warrick would be a waste if he wasn't included in the bigs rotation, with Marion and Josh occupying the spot for most of time and if Josh takes too many minutes at 2, JET would lose some time he deserves.

Plus I don't think Gortat would be very nice even if Donnie had got him. Dude just dropped some decent stats last season on his opponent bigs, who were severly dominated and devastated by D Howard through almost the whole game. Dude just picked some points and boards when his opponents were totally exhausted, actually he isn't so good as predicted by some so-called diplomatic ghost writer who even once projected dude would get 12+14 if given 30 minutes per night.

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 01:21 AM
All O, no D, and he's a tweener. Maybe the Suns could use him.

23LeBronJames23
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Warrick is pretty athletic and he can dunk good. But i donu know if his D can help Mavs

Kai
07-25-2009, 01:33 AM
lol^

spursfan1000
07-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah, Dirk, Marion and Dampier is crap. You're a fucking dumbass.

Dirk-Bad Defense
Marion-Under sized
Dampier- ok but no backup center

Shank
07-25-2009, 08:17 AM
It's a shame the Mavs couldn't snare DEJUAN BLAIR!!!!!! OH SHIT!

Findog
07-25-2009, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=spursfan1000;3587679]Dirk-Bad Defense

Try again, shitstain

Marion-Under sized

6'7 is undersized for SF?

Ryan Hollins. You don't remember him posterizing Duncan?

BUMP
07-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Dirk-Bad Defense
Marion-Under sized

You give Dirk a bad ranking, but say Dampier is ok???

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Findog
07-25-2009, 11:22 AM
You give Dirk a bad ranking, but say Dampier is ok???

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Damp is our best player, hands down.

MaNu4Tres
07-25-2009, 12:05 PM
If Dallas can somehow manage to reel in both Gooden and Warrick with their MLE. That would a pretty good offseason.

Kidd
Terry
Howard
Dirk
Damp

Bench
Marion 6th man
Barrea
Gooden
Warrick
Beaubois
Ross
Humphries

Findog
07-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I think it would probably be like this if we got Gooden and Warrick:

Damp
Dirk
Marion
Josh
Kidd

Terry - 6th Man
Gooden
Warrick
Barea
Ross
Singleton
Hollins
Carroll

I don't think Buckner or Humphries will play for us this year. I don't BoiBoi will either.

Ghazi
07-25-2009, 01:55 PM
^ we would have like 18 people under contract in that circumstance.

These contracts like Jawai/Buckner/Humphries/Williams are just begging to be traded IMO. but for who! and for what!!1

dickface
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't BoiBoi will either.

wow, I think the exact opposite. I think he'll be a regular bench player. Maybe it's knee-jerking from the summer league, but I think at some point he'll move into the backup PG spot and Barea will be back to playing the mascot role. At this point we all have to know that Barea is a sideshow act that occasionally can make things happen, but no team that gives him regular rotation minutes can be seriously considered contenders.

dickface
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd rather we get Warrick & McCants personally.

mojorizen7
07-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Dirk-Bad Defense
Marion-Under sized

Undersized playing PF for D'Umbtoni yeah.....put him where he belongs at SF and he's fine. Just don't ask him to bail you out with the shot clock expiring in a half court set.

Upstate
07-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Hakim Warrick, if given playing time will give you 15-8 at the 4. If he gets on the Knicks and get into D'Antoni's system who knows what kind of numbers he could put up the way he runs the floor. He is perfect for that 7 seconds or less offense.

KidCongo
07-26-2009, 04:30 AM
^ we would have like 18 people under contract in that circumstance.

These contracts like Jawai/Buckner/Humphries/Williams are just begging to be traded IMO. but for who! and for what!!1

Don't get rid of Baby Shaq!:lol He's got a future.