PDA

View Full Version : Drew Gooden is going to make his decision Saturday on where he will sign.

spursfan1000
07-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Free-agent forward Drew Gooden claims that he'll make a decision on Saturday regarding where he'll play next season.

Gooden made the proclamation on his Twitter page: "I will be making my decision tomorrow on which team I will be playing for! Stay tuned..."
He began the 2008-09 season with the Bulls, but was sent to the Kings at the trade deadline. After one game in Sacramento, Gooden was cut loose and signed on with the Spurs to finish off the season.

Where do you think he will go?

Buddy Holly
07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Probably WNBA as a man dressed in drag going by the name of Sue Goodson.

raspsa
07-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Dallas

Spursmania
07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Dallas

:tu

galvatron3000
07-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Where is his most likely place to start? If he can't start where will he get significant minutes, first off the bench in big rotation?

completely deck
07-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Tough call

Chieflion
07-25-2009, 09:42 AM
OKC Thunder, maybe? He can most probably start if Kristic sucked and Jeff Green is a perfect 6th man to boot, a tweener backing up Durant and the starting PF for significant minutes.

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
i wish he'd stay... :\

Riverwalkman
07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Anywhere but Not Spurs, if he want to make a 1-year contract and get decent stats.

Shank
07-25-2009, 09:50 AM
C'mon people, the writing is on the wall. The way they piss away money and contracts, you know the Mavs are going to give him the full MLE on a 3-year deal. It's obvious.

spursfan1000
07-25-2009, 09:53 AM
C'mon people, the writing is on the wall. The way they piss away money and contracts, you know the Mavs are going to give him the full MLE on a 3-year deal. It's obvious.

:lmao

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 09:55 AM

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/star-wars-boss-nass-lol-wut.jpg

Steve-O-Matic
07-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Do we even know who Gooden has offers on the table from?

Bruno
07-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Gooden is the best Mavs can do with their MLE. He should be their main target.

SamoanTD
07-25-2009, 10:05 AM
:lol

Russ
07-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Gooden came to the Spurs and got the worst of all worlds. He could have had a significant role to showcase his talents, even if the team fared badly. Or he could have ridden the bench on a team that thrived in the postseason and enjoyed a nice playoff run. Instead, he didn't get to play and the team failed -- it was no fun for him. Worse yet, because the team was so desperate in the playoffs, it made his lack of playing time all the more glaring to other teams that might want to sign him.

Still, Gooden never uttered a word of complaint. He just said that matchups dictated that he didn't play more against Dallas and he hoped he would be back.

He still hasn't uttered a word of complaint and just looks forward to his next chance.

It is hard to imagine anyone handling that situation better than Gooden has.

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 10:23 AM
exactly.. it's funny.. ppl act like he was a cancer to the team as far as playing goes..

dude didn't even have much PT to begin with..

Cry Havoc
07-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Gooden was awesome. I'd love to have him back for whatever we're willing to give him.

WildcardManu
07-25-2009, 10:35 AM
are the Spurs even offering a contract?

Texas_Ranger
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Pistons, Bucks, Cav's, Bobcats. Which team is the best fit for me?

This is from twitter

Seventyniner
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
are the Spurs even offering a contract?

With all the bigs on the roster, I'd highly doubt it.

Buddy Holly
07-25-2009, 10:49 AM
exactly.. it's funny.. ppl act like he was a cancer to the team as far as playing goes..

dude didn't even have much PT to begin with..

But his iq is just so low. He'd seriously mess up the flow whenever he was inserted into the game. His rebounding couldn't make up for his low iq and his tendency to be a black hole on offense and put up some terrible shots.

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 10:49 AM

This is from twitter

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/ImpSS/funnies/dawson_crying-1.gif

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 10:50 AM
But his iq is just so low. He'd seriously mess up the flow whenever he was inserted into the game. His rebounding couldn't make up for his low iq and his tendency to be a black hole on offense and put up some terrible shots.

in pop we trusted..

he can bring out the good in bad players

Buddy Holly
07-25-2009, 10:51 AM

This is from twitter

I'd say he's going to either the Bucks or Cavs.

Buddy Holly
07-25-2009, 10:51 AM
in pop we trusted..

he can bring out the good in bad players

He's not a miracle worker friend.

Knoxxx
07-25-2009, 11:00 AM
I think the price for Gooden for what he could give us doomed him from the start. As he rode the pine against Dallas I knew he was gone. Good players force the matchup problems on other teams, not vice versa. Gooden is not a good player, no pun intended. A 10th man at best on the roster we have now, and we have found better options for less $ no doubt.

crc21209
07-25-2009, 11:03 AM

This is from twitter

Don't want anyone else going to the Cavs. Go to Detroit or Charlotte Drew. :tu

exstatic
07-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Larry Brown would HATE Drew Gooden's casual self-centric game and 85% effort. I think the Bucks would be a good fit, and losing CV should open some minutes for an experienced big.

bigdog
07-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I think he'll end up in either Charlotte or Detroit.

TIMMYD!
07-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I hope he goes to a mediocre team like OKC or Charlotte.

Findog
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Gooden is the best Mavs can do with their MLE. He should be their main target.

Hakim Warrick is now available.

MaNu4Tres
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
If Gooden is a smart business man, he'd go to Milwaukee for a one year deal with player option for a second. He will get plenty of minutes and touches there to boost his stock.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Gooden is a way better fit than Warrick for Mavs.

loveforthegame
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Detroit or Cavs would probably be the best fit. He'd have a better chance at winning a championship in Cleveland though.

Cry Havoc
07-25-2009, 12:01 PM

PLEASE sign Warrick with the mindset that he will be guarding Duncan in the post.

PLEASE. DO THIS. RIGHT NOW.

Biggems
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Warrick was waived? Damn...and we already filled up our Bigs....let's trade away Bonner and sign Warrick.

spursnatic
07-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I think it will be the Pistons?...And probably because of the lack of big men they have on their roster?....

Libri
07-25-2009, 12:14 PM

The Silver Stars need him, I mean her. :lol

manu_maniac
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I see him in either Milwaukee or Charlotte. For Milwaukee, he'd actually be an improvement defensively over Villanueva (yes, Charlie was that bad) and provides more post-up options. He would be the best offensive PF for Charlotte. I think Larry Brown could shape up his defense. I don't see him on the Cavs since they already dumped him. Why would they want him back?

elbamba
07-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I always felt Gooden gave great effort. It is not easy when you are normally a major piece of the puzzle to accept a role off the bench, especially when you are better then all but one player getting minutes over you.

I also thought Gooden played well when he played his limited minutes in the Mavs series. He played better defense than Bonner.

buttsR4rebounding
07-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Where do you think he will go?

Olympikas...so he can become the greatest power forward of all time!

Spurs_210
07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Gooden came to the Spurs and got the worst of all worlds. He could have had a significant role to showcase his talents, even if the team fared badly. Or he could have ridden the bench on a team that thrived in the postseason and enjoyed a nice playoff run. Instead, he didn't get to play and the team failed -- it was no fun for him. Worse yet, because the team was so desperate in the playoffs, it made his lack of playing time all the more glaring to other teams that might want to sign him.

Still, Gooden never uttered a word of complaint. He just said that matchups dictated that he didn't play more against Dallas and he hoped he would be back.

He still hasn't uttered a word of complaint and just looks forward to his next chance.

Drew is a pro just the Spurs were not the right fit for him. He has skill but Pop's system is more for smarts. His BB IQ is what doomed him

BillMc
07-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Drew's a good guy and I wish him the best wherever he signs.

jimo2305
07-25-2009, 01:24 PM
he plays limited minutes under pop for like 2 - 3 months and we're lambasting him about poor bball iq because he doenst understand pop's system...

Knoxxx
07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Drew's a good guy and I wish him the best wherever he signs.

2nd that. Good luck to Drew, go East big man!

spursfaninla
07-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Drew gooden...can't live with him...

It is just a shame that he has such glaring holes in his game. He has the ability to be an above-average post scorer and rebounder. Yet, he lacks:

1) Defense, especially team-d
2) Passing ability-or desire, hard to tell, either way, never saw him give up the rock
3) IQ...

Brutalis
07-25-2009, 01:45 PM

Good post. And it's that attitude and reason why I would love to see him back.

ploto
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
If he is considering going to Detroit, he's not being offered much $$.

exstatic
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
he plays limited minutes under pop for like 2 - 3 months and we're lambasting him about poor bball iq because he doenst understand pop's system...

Uh, no. That's been a tag that's followed him his whole career. His short Spurs stint just confirmed it.

angelbelow
07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Well i hope he doesnt goto dallas.

Agloco
07-25-2009, 01:58 PM

+1

Say what you want to, but you can't call him a complainer. His career came to a grinding halt here. He's just not a good fit for our system. He needs to be in a spot like Dallas, Phoenix or even NY.

He's apparently a good guy and I wish him all the best.

jag
07-25-2009, 02:39 PM
He isn't worth what it would cost to retain him. He has a polished offensive game (when the ball is in his hands) but he's such a huge liability on defense that's it's not worth it.

His lack of the intangibles and on court awareness are such big detractors from him as a player that he's really not worth the MLE.

SpurCharger
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Pistons Need A Big man, who can score on the block.... Gooden Is above average on the block, get them 13 to 15 pts a game.... maybe 8 boards..... they lost wallace and dice.... he would get the most Playing time In detroit with only Chris Wilcox, and villanueva to compete for mins with.....

superbigtime
07-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm just really impressed how Gooden has not had one negative thing to say about the Spurs or Pop. Pretty remarkable in today's league. I think Gooden is a high character guy. It's too bad he didn't find a spot in next year's squad. I really like his post game. I thought he brought a good attitude, played hard, and wanted to win. That right there seems like a solid foundation to build on with ANY team, even if his IQ isn't as high as, uh, Theo Ratliff's.

Maybe the Spurs kept away from him because of other issues we don't know about. His hip joints aren't great. Who knows.

I hope he goes to the East. Seems like Miami or Detroit could use him.

bigdog
07-25-2009, 02:53 PM
After thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes to the Bucks. They could use some sort of life on their team, not to mention post scoring. He could sign a cheap deal there to show off his skills, hopefully earning a bigger contract somewhere else after next year. I'd love him for the minimum on the Spurs, though, but the frontcourt is in overload mode right now.

cd98
07-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Bucks aren't spending money. Cavs already signed Moon. And Detroit only has the veteran minimum. He's going to Dallas.

SpurCharger
07-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Bucks aren't spending money. Cavs already signed Moon. And Detroit only has the veteran minimum. He's going to Dallas.

To Be honest With you, I Hope He does...... Because We all Know he cannot Cover Tim Or even Dice....... Please Dallas sign Him!!

superbigtime
07-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Careful what you wish for.

cd98
07-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Drew is a good player. He'd fit in well in Dallas. A good fit for him if he goes there. Yes the mid-level may be a bit much for Gooden, but he's pretty cheap when you compare him to what the Mavs are paying Kidd and Dampier.

GoSpurs99
07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm thinking we're not going to have problems with the Bucks anymore. At least not next year!

bringbackmario
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
olympikas...so he can become the greatest power forward of all time!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spursfan 87
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Dallas or Phoenix

booonkers
07-25-2009, 08:58 PM

It is hard to imagine anyone handling that situation better than Gooden has.Word. He's a class act. Let's respect him. After everything he went through with our team, he still had the decency to thank SA.

Redshadows
07-25-2009, 09:46 PM
maybe he would go to dallas

exstatic
07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Word. He's a class act. Let's respect him. After everything he went through with our team, he still had the decency to thank SA.

Oh, I like Drew as a person and a locker room guy. I just don't like him on the floor without the ball in his hands, which would be most of the time here. It seems to honestly escape him that at any one time, there are nine guys on the floor without the ball, and one with, and the one that has the ball isn't the only one doing anything.

booonkers
07-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh, I like Drew as a person and a locker room guy. I just don't like him on the floor without the ball in his hands, which would be most of the time here. It seems to honestly escape him that at any one time, there are nine guys on the floor without the ball, and one with, and the one that has the ball isn't the only one doing anything.

Yup, never said anything about his playing skills or whatnot. It's just how well he handled the situation. But personally, to be fair to him, he was just thrown into the mix then suddenly pulled out. Hard to completely blame him for playing the way he did but I still think he played better than let's say Bonner who is still actually in our roster.:lol Other teams would be lucky to get a big man of his caliber even if his bball IQ isn't that good.

CFH
07-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Dallas here I come!!! (http://twitter.com/DrewGooden/status/2848530071)
8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/DrewGooden/status/2848530071) from TwitterFon (http://twitterfon.net/)