PDA

View Full Version : TooL San Antonio/DFW

Shank
07-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Anyone hit up the TooL show in San Antonio last night? If so, how was it?

I managed to finally score a ticket for the GP show tonight. It's my first time going. I've been shafted for scheduling reasons, money, etc. the other times they've been through town.

I've heard nothing but good things about the current show. If there's anything to bitch about, it's that they're using just about the same setlist everywhere they go. But I hear they're shooting a DVD at tonight's show and Nokia is supposed to be a great venue for a group such as TooL.

Trainwreck2100
07-25-2009, 09:56 AM
I think DFW has more tools

Shank
07-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Sir.

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Shank, explain to the people in the Madden thread that flashing you're 360 wont get you banned. It's the idiots who don't stealth patch their files that do.

Silver21_Black20
07-25-2009, 11:03 AM
It was an awesome show. My only gripe is they didn't play my two favorite songs, "The Pot" and "Sober."

Dr. Gonzo
07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Great show. Make sure to catch Tweak Bird. I thought they were fucking incredible.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2009, 11:57 AM
The dallas show got sold out in like 0.15 seconds

ashbeeigh
07-25-2009, 12:22 PM
The dallas show got sold out in like 0.15 seconds

so you didn't even get to go?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Nope, got bloaded.

mookie2001
07-25-2009, 02:57 PM
still not as bad as when we tried to buy tickets for the 03 finals

Shank
07-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Nope, got bloaded.

Yeah, the leeches grab them quickly these days, especially when they have preorder access. Craigslist has some good deals this afternoon if you're willing to shell out a bit extra. There are always scalpers at the show, too.

It's just a shame that the average fan can no longer get tickets to their favorite show without having to wade through the grubbiness.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know about the place they played in SA, but the venue here in dallas they are playing is really small for them. They can nearly sell out the AA center, and that's like twice as big as where they're playing now.

Anyone have a setlist for the show they played? Curious as to whether or not they varied it up for once..

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2009, 03:01 PM
double post

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Nokia is my favorite venue to see shows at. Not too big. Not too small. My only beef is the $10+ parking that you have to pay. No alternative unless you're dropped off. $100 Maynard performed behind a sheet or with his back to the crowd.

Silver21_Black20
07-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Nokia is my favorite venue to see shows at. Not too big. Not too small. My only beef is the $10+ parking that you have to pay. No alternative unless you're dropped off. $100 Maynard performed behind a sheet or with his back to the crowd.

He was actually next to the drum set in all black leather with sunglasses. He was pretty animated in his performance.

Shank
07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know about the place they played in SA, but the venue here in dallas they are playing is really small for them. They can nearly sell out the AA center, and that's like twice as big as where they're playing now.

Anyone have a setlist for the show they played? Curious as to whether or not they varied it up for once..

Setlist.fm has all the recent shows. They all look to be about the same with a little variety mixed in.

atxrocker
07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
It was an awesome show. My only gripe is they didn't play my two favorite songs, "The Pot" and "Sober."

I was there too and agree with this. I was really hoping to hear Sober. Lots of smoking, which worked out since I didn't bring any in. I had to hold a piss for the longest time since I didn't want to miss any of the show. Great energy, the center was rocking. And I agree with Midge that Tweak Bird was a decent surprise.

On a side note- my san antonio review: Good god you people are fat as fuck. I expected lots of fat mexicans but I guess the fatness doesn't discriminate since I saw morbidly obese people of all colors in the river city. I'll admit however that I was pleasantly surprised at how many good lookers I saw along the way. Some real beauties. Ended up staying the weekend when I had planned to leave yesterday. Went out both nights and had a blast especially last night. Good times overall.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-26-2009, 07:09 PM
WTF? Although not my 2 favorite songs, they are major hits though that should be played.

Sober is a pretty rare song to be heard at a tool show, ever since the lateralus album tour.

Spurminator
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Went to the GP show. First Tool show for me.

Pretty underwhelming to be perfectly honest. Maybe it's because I was in the nosebleeds but I couldn't hear the vocals for shit. And if you're a band whose bit is doing 20 minutes of ambient noise for every 40 minutes of song, your set needs to be longer than 2 hours. That wasn't a $100 show.

When they were on, they sounded great, and the visuals were awesome, but I couldn't believe it was over when they brought the house lights up.

Set list:
Jambi[/URL]
Stinkfist (javascript:void(0);)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) / Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Ænema
Lateralus
Vicarious[URL="javascript:void(0);"] (javascript:void(0);)