PDA

View Full Version : Odom Leaning Towards Heat

Pages : [1] 2

Zarko's Ghost
07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
20 minutes ago

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat’s contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

“It’s close, but it’s not done,” said one source.

Lakers officials and Odom’s representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team’s owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers’ previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, 30, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season – the only season in his 10-year career that he didn’t spend in Los Angeles – and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom’s departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference’s other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers’ run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom’s length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.

Muser
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Here's hoping.

lil_penny
07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Wade must of came threw with his gabrielle union demand

Donkeybong
07-25-2009, 04:44 PM
if we lose odom, there is no way we are repeating next year

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Tradition
Time to burn Odoms jersey. Fuck you Odom. I fucking hate you for dragging this shit out and I fucking hate you for leaving. I wish you the worst in Miami. I am going to boo the living fuck out of you when you come back to LA you piece of shit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
If he does sign with the Heat, DrHouse's "This is why I love Jerry Buss" Thread is getting bumped.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 04:47 PM

It would be a huge blow, but the Lakers will still be one of the elite teams. The gap will have closed though, at least on paper. Bynum would have to step up, and if he can stay healthy, he certainly looks like a dominant player.

Tradition
07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
It would be a huge blow, but the Lakers will still be one of the elite teams. The gap will have closed though, at least on paper. Bynum would have to step up, and if he can stay healthy, he certainly looks like a dominant player.

No Odom=no bench. Our starting 5 would be great but our bench would suffer and it would catch up to this team. God I fucking hate Odom for being the bitch that he is in dragging this out only to not return.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 04:50 PM
No Odom=no bench. Our starting 5 would be great but our bench would suffer and it would catch up to this team. God I fucking hate Odom for being the bitch that he is in dragging this out only to not return.

Why is it Odom's fault? If he means this much, why aren't you mad at Buss for not stepping up and giving Odom what he wants?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Why is it Odom's fault? If he means this much, why aren't you mad at Buss for not stepping up and giving Odom what he wants?

Because anyone not willing to take a pay cut to play in LA is a total asshole :rolleyes

Tradition
07-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Odom wants more than he is worth. He raises his offer anytime Buss would reach his demands. Fuck Odom. I hate that piece of shit. He is an even bigger dumbass for taking less to an average team that isnt going to be relevant for a couple of years. Odom is a lying bitch who said he would take a paycut to stay here and keeps on wanting more than he is worth. Fuck him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 04:53 PM
If I'm Odom, and I saw Vujacic, Bynum and Walton get the contracts they got, I'd expect the payday he's expecting.

Tradition
07-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Because anyone not willing to take a pay cut to play in LA is a total asshole :rolleyes

Especially when he said it himself that he would take a paycut to stay.

Bob Lanier
Odom wants more than he is worth.
Who doesn't?

DPG21920
Odom wants more than he is worth. He raises his offer anytime Buss would reach his demands. Fuck Odom. I hate that piece of shit. He is an even bigger dumbass for taking less to an average team that isnt going to be relevant for a couple of years. Odom is a lying bitch who said he would take a paycut to stay here and keeps on wanting more than he is worth. Fuck him.

How much did Odom make last year? How much was the offer this year? What do you think he is worth?

Texas_Ranger
C'mon Lamar! Screw the Lakers!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 04:55 PM

You honestly expected him to hold himself to that statement?

baseline bum
07-25-2009, 04:55 PM

$10 million a year is a paycut from $14 million a year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 04:56 PM
How much did Odom make last year? How much was the offer this year? What do you think he is worth?

If Bynum is worth 5 years 70 million, Odom is worth a lot more than what he's being offered.

Tradition
07-25-2009, 04:59 PM

14 million last year. He was offered 3 years 30 million yet keeps being a bitch about it. He is worth 8-9 million IMO.

Tradition
07-25-2009, 04:59 PM
If Bynum is worth 5 years 70 million, Odom is worth a lot more than what he's being offered.

Odom already got a contract like that when the dumbass heat signed him to that deal in 2004.

Double-Up
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM

Wow an intelligent Laker fan, an extinct breed on this forum. +1,000....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Odom already got a contract like that when the dumbass heat signed him to that deal in 2004.

Has nothing to do with the fact he'd be getting paid less than someone on his team who plays a lesser role than he does.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
14 million last year. He was offered 3 years 30 million yet keeps being a bitch about it. He is worth 8-9 million IMO.

So a 4M or roughly 30% pay cut is not sticking to his word? You say he is worth 9M and he is asking for 10M per 4. Is one more year at 1M extra than you say he is worth really that unreasonable if it means you can repeat?

Tradition
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Has nothing to do with the fact he'd be getting paid less than someone on his team who plays a lesser role than he does.

Odom is inconsistent as well. Maybe he should take the best offer and not be a dumbass and go to an average team like Miami. Taking less to go to Miami is beyond retarded if this is truly about money.

Muser
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't hate on Lamar, it's not his fault Buss can't up the offer because of overpaying scrubs.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Odom is inconsistent as well. Maybe he should take the best offer and not be a dumbass and go to an average team like Miami. Taking less to go to Miami is beyond retarded if this is truly about money.

I do not think it is truly about money. It is about being wanted and shown respect in his mind imo.

He was the third best player on the Lakers and wants to be paid like it. He is willing to take much less than he made the year before, even though it was one of his best seasons.

Miami, although offering less money, is giving him all they can and telling him they want him. To Odom, that could mean more.

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I'd be pissed if he left.

Donkeybong
07-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Buss is being a dumbass. Just give the guy 40mil/4yrs and get it over with. He would pretty much guarantee us the Western Conference Championship. And I am sure Buss would recoup his money in the Finals.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 05:11 PM
I am sure, but who would you be pissed at IM?

I personally think the Lakers offered him a fair deal, but I am not Lamar. But I think they way they have handled the situation afterward was incorrect.

I still am hard pressed to believe he would leave, but I do not know anymore.

picnroll
07-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Lakers are screwed if he leaves. They'd have zero bench and zero tolerance for any injury to a big.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 05:12 PM

As DPG said, it's not about money, it's about respect. Right now, Miami is showing him a lot more respect.

resistanze
07-25-2009, 05:15 PM
lol Vujacic

carrao45
07-25-2009, 05:31 PM
I hope Odom's leg snaps and he can never play basketball again. Fuck Lamar

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
If Bynum plays half as good as his goddamn contract, then the Lakers will be in ok shape to repeat. I definitely wouldn't call them the favorites.

DeadlyDynasty
07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
that sucks...if it's true.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
:lol

Yeah, Wade tweeting is respect. This is a minor bump in the road, and Lakers fans should have expected this from Odom. We wont even miss a beat.

No, Miami throwing whatever they can at him is respect. LA indirectly telling him Bynum is more important than he is is not respect.

Spur-Addict
07-25-2009, 05:37 PM
You'd figure there would be more activity in this thread. :lol

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 05:42 PM

It's okay; there was no way you were repeating anyway.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I think the reason that we're finding out he's 'strongly leaning' towards the Heat is because his agent wanted that out there; he's trying to force the Lakers to offer more money. I would be surprised if they didn't. I still expect him to stay with the Lakers, you guys shouldn't panic until he signs with the Heat.

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 05:43 PM
It's okay; there was no way you were repeating anyway.

Didn't you say LA is fucked if they didn't repeat(In the thread about Odom was re-signing)?

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 05:44 PM
No, Miami throwing whatever they can at him is respect. LA indirectly telling him Bynum is more important than he is is not respect.

You are absolutely correct. LA played the assholes with Ariza -- and it worked for them. They played the assholes for Odom and it backfired. Withdrawing the offer? Getting steamed at him through the press? What kind of bush-league bullshit is that to one of your top players, your top +/- guy on the team?

This, after you waaaaaay overpaid for at least three of his teammates.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
This is childish. The Heat offered him less money than what the Lakers did. Odom got the same over-inflated contract that Bynum got when he was younger. And lets say for instance your logic is true; Jermaine Oneal is making 23 mil., Mark Blount will be making 8 mil., and Haslem will be making 7.1 mil, all three are not as good, but will be making much more than Odumb. Will Odumb be jealous of their offers as well?

No, because as I mentioned, the Heat are offering them all they can. Also, the Heat didn't give Jermain O'neal that contract, they traded one over paid player for another.

If I were Odom, I would resign with LA. I'm just throwing out possibilities as to why he is leaning towards signing with Miami.

La Peace
07-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Can the leveraging be any more obvious?

Bob Lanier
07-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't worry; Gordon Gecko will make sure to make it a sign-and-trade sending Mike Beasley to L.A..

Thompson
07-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Even without Odom, the Lakers would crush the Spurs.

Even with Odom, the Spurs will crush the Lakers.

sonic21
07-25-2009, 05:50 PM
don't worry lakers fans, Morrison will get more minutes and show all his potential.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't worry; Gordon Gecko will make sure to make it a sign-and-trade sending Mike Beasley to L.A..

If Odom leaves the Lakers, it's safe to say he isn't happy with them; why would he want to help them and hurt his future team with a sign-and-trade? He could get a little more money perhaps, but him signing with the Heat over the Lakers would indicate it's not all about the money with him.

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 05:52 PM
The only people that was dissed were the Lakers. Mitch offered Odom more than any team has offered Odom, keep in mind only one team thinks he has value of at least 5.8 mil. Odom and is agent never even responded to the offers. Buss pulled the offers, and vowed to offer less if negotiations started again. I hope Buss keeps his word, because I've never like Odom.

Your understanding of this situation is fundamentally flawed.

Need proof? Well, your failure to understand what Odom is doing and why.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 05:53 PM
The only people that was dissed were the Lakers. Mitch offered Odom more than any team has offered Odom, keep in mind only one team thinks he has value of at least 5.8 mil. Odom and is agent never even responded to the offers. Buss pulled the offers, and vowed to offer less if negotiations started again. I hope Buss keeps his word, because I've never like Odom.

If I were a Laker fan I wouldn't be a huge Odom fan either. You guys probably have the same frustrations with him that we had with Diaw.

Like I said, idk why he's anxious to go elsewhere. I'm just guessing.

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Laker fans running scared.

La Peace
07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I gotta agree with Stephen A over here, and I too may very well delete this post.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd take Diaw over Odom though.

They're very similar players. Both situations of perimeter players who had a growth spurt way later than usual so they aren't used to playing inside and the fans of the team they play for get frustrated as can be about their love for settling for jumpers.

It's a tough call who I'd take. Odom's got a lot more talent but Diaw's post skills and post defense are both underrated. I'd probably agree that I'd take Diaw.

angelbelow
07-25-2009, 06:02 PM
lol tradition... the nba is a business, you take things personal and thats when you get hurt.

Baseline
07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Laker fans, wake up. This is obvious.

Lamar hates playing with Bryant, just like 99% of the other guys on the Lakers. He used to talk about hating it right after the trade, when the Lakers were missing the playoffs. But Lamar has been a good soldier and hasn't said anything in the last couple of years after they brought in more players and got better.

Lamar knows good and well that Bryant can't carry the Lakers anywhere next year without him, but he could go to Miami and help resurrect the Heat alongside Wade.

DWade is actually a great teammate, as opposed to the jake that Bryant is.

spursfan1000
07-25-2009, 06:13 PM
PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: Odom
PF: Beasley
C: O'neal

That's a team that can make it past the 1st round.

Texas_Ranger
07-25-2009, 06:39 PM

That team can beat the Lakers... the Miami bench is also much better than the Lakers bench.

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 06:43 PM
lol the contenders are trying to get a pep rally going to get odom to go to the heat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Imagine if they got Odom and the Booze man w/o giving up Beasley

Chalmers
Wade
BEASTley
The Booze man
O'Neal

w/ Odom leading a good team off the bench.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Grim news.

Findog
07-25-2009, 06:49 PM
C'mon Lamar, make the jump

bostonguy
07-25-2009, 06:50 PM
:depressed Looks like Im going to have an expensive bar tab and im going to lose this bet. :depressed

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
The main reason I am unsure about Odom's return to the Lakers is because the author of this article has been dead on most of th offseason.

AW basically said he is gone to the heat unless the lakers come and do something. it sounds like he is giving the lakers a last shot to offer something or he will just go to miami for mle and somehow have the promise of the bird rights and the heat coming through and resigning him for a lot of more money than the mle is 3 yrs, the thing with the nba though promises fail. ask boozer a potential teamate

bostonguy
07-25-2009, 06:55 PM
If this happens, the Lakers are in trouble if they cant make a trade to fill Odoms absence. They will literally have a weak bench and it will be on the starters to get the job done. That is bad news to LA if they have to rely on Brown/Sasha/Walton/Powell/Mbenga/Farmar as their bench.

IronMexican
07-25-2009, 06:57 PM
The Lakers have to offer Warrick the LLE if they can't re-sign Odom. He isn't nearly as good, but very solid.

lefty
LMAO Lakers

Gino
I call BULLSHIT!

If Odom was gonna bolt for Miami, he would have done it already.

This is just stupid tactics. He's trying to scare the Lakers into thinking he might really bolt.

IF LAMAR ODOM JOINS THE HEAT, I WILL NOT POST FOR ONE YEAR!!!

Fabbs
07-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Big Drama Queen act put on by Odom and Lakers Marketing to keep the Laker Clones in hot flashes.

He stays in LA.

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I call BULLSHIT!

This is just stupid tactics. He's trying to scare the Lakers into thinking he might really bolt.

is that you spursdynasty?

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Big Drama Queen act put on by Odom and Lakers Marketing to keep the Laker Clones in hot flashes.

He stays in LA.

Fabbs, getting his weak shit personna down pat.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry but Odom will wait until all the decent to good free agents are signed to purposely screw the Lakers over. Then he'll sign with the Heat.

Speaking of which, there's another thread about how Gooden is another free agent making his decision on where to go today. If Odom does leave for Miami, it really does screw the Lakers over.

Findog
07-25-2009, 07:11 PM

Odom's defection would weaken the Lakers...and Gino being gone would be the cherry on top of that.

07-25-2009, 07:11 PM
this is obviously a last ploy to get the lakers to raise their offer. if buss doesn't go back on his word then odom will probably leave.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry but Odom will wait until all the decent to good free agents are signed to purposely screw the Lakers over. Then he'll sign with the Heat.

Christ-a-mighty, SOB waits till June of '09 of his entire life to get his contrary on. At least we got the up front benefit of his new found ball sack with those 2 3's in Florida. Now we get the shit sandwich.

In for penny. In for pound.

scottspurs
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
UH-OH. THis Odom guy is fraud. I'm starting to believe nobody wants him. Why won't he just sign with someone so I never have to hear his name ever again.

45 bank shot
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
the laker still wanna get attention even in the offseason

turiaf for president
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I call BULLSHIT!

agreed. anyone else notice this comes out after the only other team that can offer more than the MLE (portland) signed miller?

Thompson
07-25-2009, 07:41 PM
agreed. anyone else notice this comes out after the only other team that can offer more than the MLE (portland) signed miller?

Then again, there's always the chance that Buss will realize that too and hold firm on his lower offer - and Odom will go to the Heat as a result. The perfect storm.

SpursDynasty
07-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Lamar Odom is not as good as he thinks, and a player of his level (which is not a superstar) shouldn't take this long to choose a team. If he chooses Miami, Lakers = epic fail this summer.

Gino
07-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Odom's defection would weaken the Lakers...and Gino being gone would be the cherry on top of that.

Well dont get your hopes up too high. Like I said, if that guy was serious, he would have left by now.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
If he chooses Miami, Lakers = epic fail this summer.

Trumped only by the Mavs stomping that mudhole in your ass and walking it dry 4-1.

SpursDynasty
07-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Trumped only by the Mavs stomping that mudhole in your ass and walking it dry 4-1.

Again, this thread is about Lamar Odom, not about Dallas beating the Spurs without a top three player.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Again, this thread is about Lamar Odom, not about Dallas beating the Spurs without a top three player.

Your excuses are your own, Dynasty. You got yer clock cleaned, right in the same state where you sleep.

Hey, here's an idea: maybe the Mavs will build you a room on their site like you built the Pistons here. Yeah, you can go in there recall that ass whipping on a regular basis.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Your excuses are your own, Dynasty. You got yer clock cleaned, right in the same state where you sleep.

Hey, here's an idea: maybe the Mavs will build you a room on their site like you built the Pistons here. Yeah, you can go in there recall that ass whipping on a regular basis.

It's a good bet you're not going to like posting here next summer.

loveforthegame
07-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I just wish he'd make his decision already. He's dragged it out long enough that it's just getting silly now.

Sure, it will hurt the Lakers some. But it'll be just like them to sign Hakim Warrick, Ike Diogu, or Sheldon Williams and one of them step it up.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
It's a good bet you're not going to like posting here next summer.

That's what you said last summer and look what happened: you stepped out the side door Vs the Mavs and we left everybody where we found 'em.

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2009, 08:08 PM
The Lakers have to offer Warrick the LLE if they can't re-sign Odom. He isn't nearly as good, but very solid.

Didn't the Lakers use the LLE to resign Brown? If that is the case, it'll be tough getting a formidable player to fill Odom's shoes IMHO (not that it would be easy if you still had the LLE).

Warlord23
07-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Culburn, STFU faggot. You're the lowest form of life when it comes to sports fandom:

1. You were a fan of the Suns for all these years when they got stomped by LA, Houston, SA and the other elites of the conference over the past 2 decades.

2. You were so pathetically whiny that the Suns fanbase (which is whiny and laughably small in the first place) booted your ass off of the Suns forums

3. You then proceed to turn around and fellate the Lakers, the franchise that bent your Suns over time and time again.

4. When the Suns actually beat the Kobe Lakers 2 years in a row, you hid like a bitch and didn't post on any boards

5. Now when the Lakers are finally champs, you crawl out of your hole and proceed to claim to have been a Laker fan through all their storied history.

You are like the rape victim who went back and offered a free blowjob to your rapist because you couldn't get laid.

You will henceforth be known as "Laker Whore" on these boards

bresilhac
07-25-2009, 08:10 PM

The Fakeshow wasn't going to repeat next year anyway.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 08:11 PM
That's what you said last summer and look what happened: you stepped out the side door Vs the Mavs and we left everybody where we found 'em.

No I didn't; I knew we didn't have a real shot without Ginobili. We came close to beating the Lakers in 08' with a weakened Ginobili (up multiple games close to 20 points). If he had been full strength then we might have done it.

If we meet again this year, we'll have a healthy Ginobili, and upgraded from that team with Jefferson, McDyess, and yes, even Blair and Hill could be upgrades over Oberto and Vaughn. The Lakers have gained Artest since that matchup, but you might lose Odom. Even if you don't I like our chances.

crc21209
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I call BULLSHIT!

Your thinking is backwards. If he really wanted to be a Laker...he would have signed already. But I think he will likely end up in Miami, which would hurt the Lakers chances greatly of repeating next year. After Kobe,Fisher, Artest, Bynum, and Gasol as the starting unit, who is there? A bench of Vujacic, Walton, Mbenga, Farmar, Brown, Morrison, Powell isnt going to get it done.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 08:15 PM
No I didn't; I knew we didn't have a real shot without Ginobili. We came close to beating the Lakers in 08' with a weakened Ginobili (up multiple games close to 20 points). If he had been full strength then we might have done it.

If we meet again this year, we'll have a healthy Ginobili, and upgraded from that team with Jefferson, McDyess, and yes, even Blair and Hill could be upgrades over Oberto and Vaughn. The Lakers have gained Artest since that matchup, but you might lose Odom. Even if you don't I like our chances.

Talking about injuries like you & your Spurs brethren constantly do makes you all look weak & puny. Have some self respect.

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 08:16 PM
The Fakeshow wasn't going to repeat next year anyway.

how would the spurs know about repeating?

Thompson
07-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Talking about injuries like you & your Spurs brethren constantly do makes you all look weak & puny. Have some self respect.

Calling someone weak and puny from the safety of an internet message board makes you look weak and puny.

And acknowledging the fact that losing Ginobili hurt us is common sense you idiot. For example, lets say Kobe tries to one-up himself and has his legs ripped off trying to jump an F-150 this year. Does that hurt your chances of repeating?

crc21209
07-25-2009, 08:22 PM
how would the spurs know about repeating?

Here we go trying to start the 100000000000 Spurs-Lakers argument. Give it up.

Warlord23
07-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Laker Whore, you have no right to talk about self-respect. You went from seeing your Suns team curbstomped by LA and other powerhouse teams time and time again to now being a Laker concubine.

Banzai
07-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I have a feeling that Odom will be a Heat soon..whatever..I've moved on. Sucks that he won't be back..but the NBA is a buzinezz.

Lars
07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
If the Lakers manage to drive off 2 integral pieces to a championship team with piss poor management I will be shocked.

Leetonidas
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Culburn, STFU faggot. You're the lowest form of life when it comes to sports fandom:

1. You were a fan of the Suns for all these years when they got stomped by LA, Houston, SA and the other elites of the conference over the past 2 decades.

2. You were so pathetically whiny that the Suns fanbase (which is whiny and laughably small in the first place) booted your ass off of the Suns forums

3. You then proceed to turn around and fellate the Lakers, the franchise that bent your Suns over time and time again.

4. When the Suns actually beat the Kobe Lakers 2 years in a row, you hid like a bitch and didn't post on any boards

5. Now when the Lakers are finally champs, you crawl out of your hole and proceed to claim to have been a Laker fan through all their storied history.

You are like the rape victim who went back and offered a free blowjob to your rapist because you couldn't get laid.

lol pwn'd :lol

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Just bring in a solid power forward and lets start training camp already.

With what money? Who is available?

Yeah, Wade tweeting is respect. This is a minor bump in the road, and Lakers fans should have expected this from Odom. We wont even miss a beat.

Please explain how they won't miss a beat?

1) Was Odom the third best player last year?
2) Who will make that up and what kind of consistent proof has the player demonstrated to lead you to this belief?
3) Who will be the 6th man now off of the bench that will create a front court mismatch?
4) What is the margin for error if Odom leaves and where do you rank the Lakers if he does overall?

DAF86
07-25-2009, 08:55 PM
When does the time to sign free agents expire?

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2009, 08:58 PM
With what money? Who is available?

Sorry for asking again, but I am genuinely curious - but does anyone know for sure if the Lakers used the LLE to sign Brown?

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Calling someone weak and puny from the safety of an internet message board makes you look weak and puny.

And acknowledging the fact that losing Ginobili hurt us is common sense you idiot. For example, lets say Kobe tries to one-up himself and has his legs ripped off trying to jump an F-150 this year. Does that hurt your chances of repeating?

First of all, Thompson, "weak & puny" is my materiel. Get your own, ya gd turdhound, you.

Second of all, if what you suggest happens to Kobe actually happened, I'd keep my mouth shut about the injury excuses and take my medicine.

Injuries are like made baskets, steals, et al as far as I'm concerned. I hope & pray we get no injuries, and quite frankly I hope & pray my opponents gets a bevy of them.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry for asking again, but I am genuinely curious - but does anyone know for sure if the Lakers used the LLE to sign Brown?

Here's a link to one of their boards, and the second poster seems certain they did. http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=94519

The only way to give Brown a contract larger than the vet minimum was to use one of the exceptions. Artest - MLE, Brown - LLE

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:07 PM

1. True. I invented O __.

2. True. I invented phxsuns.net and the padlock they use to keep me out.

3. Sadly the Suns bent us over in '06 & '07 pretty severely.

4. Please.

5. I look forward to your challenge, Warlord, with equal amounts of both anticipation & determination.

Let us proceed...

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Laker Whore, you have no right to talk about self-respect.

Come ta pappy, Warlord.

Thompson
07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
First of all, Thompson, "weak & puny" is my materiel. Get your own, ya gd turdhound, you.

Second of all, if what you suggest happens to Kobe actually happened, I'd keep my mouth shut about the injury excuses and take my medicine.

Your 'materiel' is pathetic. And by 'take my medicine,' do you mean whore yourself out to whatever team whips the Lakers, as Warlord23 mentioned?

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Your 'materiel' is pathetic. And by 'take my medicine,' do you mean whore yourself out to whatever team whips the Lakers, as Warlord23 mentioned?

If it's so pathetic then why did you scarf it up?

And then you go from lifting my materiel to lifting Warlords!

You damn David Robinson lightweight, you. No damn wonder the Mavs cleaned the floor with your weak & puny countenance.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 09:18 PM

I don't think so, but I am not sure to be honest. I was under the impression that they signed Artest with the MLE and that they had Brown's early bird rights so they can sign him up to the MLE without using it.

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Here's a link to one of their boards, and the second poster seems certain they did. http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=94519

The only way to give Brown a contract larger than the vet minimum was to use one of the exceptions. Artest - MLE, Brown - LLE

Thank you Thompson for the response. If this is truly the case, I can't see how Buss doesn't pony up an extra million and call it a night. Odom is definitely not "worth" $10M/yr when you compare his play, but when you consider how important he is to the Lakers and how the they have absolutely no alternatives out there to replace him - I don't see how Buss can resort to the hardball tactics that he has employed.

HarlemHeat37
I read that the Lakers did use the LLE to sign Shannon Brown IIRC, but I could be wrong obviously, I'm far from a Lakers fan..

I'd still be shocked if Odom doesn't re-sign with the Lakers, I'll be until he actually signs somewhere else..

Odom will win in all this though IMO..Buss and the Lakers are going to give in, no doubt about that..it looks like Odom would genuinely be interested in joining the Heat, and the Lakers might start actually realizing this..

Culburn369
Next time, Thompson, come hard, else stay on the porch with the Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, Magic, yourself and the womenfolk.

Savvy, squirt?

Thompson
07-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Next time, Thompson, come hard, else stay on the porch with the Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, Magic, yourself and the womenfolk.

Savvy, squirt?

What's the point of bantering words with a fool? Make an argument instead of hurling insults from a safe distance. Or, if you prefer, look me up in College Station any time you like.

Gino
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Your thinking is backwards. If he really wanted to be a Laker...he would have signed already. But I think he will likely end up in Miami, which would hurt the Lakers chances greatly of repeating next year. After Kobe,Fisher, Artest, Bynum, and Gasol as the starting unit, who is there? A bench of Vujacic, Walton, Mbenga, Farmar, Brown, Morrison, Powell isnt going to get it done.

Umm....no.

He wants to be a Laker, he just wants more money.

Miami cant offer anymore money. Theyve offered all they can.

The Lakers, however, havent even come close to offering what theyre capable of.

Thats why I say that if he was going to go to Miami, he would have done it by now. This is just a stupid ploy. He purposely leaked the info to get the Laker fanbase and LA media all riled up.

Buss will cut the check. Book it. Or I wont post for an entire year.

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think so, but I am not sure to be honest. I was under the impression that they signed Artest with the MLE and that they had Brown's early bird rights so they can sign him up to the MLE without using it.

I don't think the Lakers had Brown's early bird rights, but I could be wrong. He signed as a free agent with the Bobcats at the beginning of last year, which I thought negated his bird rights.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:29 PM
What's the point of bantering words with a fool? Make an argument instead of hurling insults from a safe distance. Or, if you prefer, look me up in College Station any time you like.

Capitulation accepted, Thomps, old chap. I'll nail your scalp upon my teepee lodgepole right next to a thousand others.

Nada hey!!!

DAF86
When does the time to sign free agents expire?

Does somebody know?

EmantheSpursFan
If Odom leaves this would be the lakers bench intro:

XAg5KjnAhuU
:lol:lol

Mel_13
07-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Does somebody know?

Technically, July 1, 2010.

In terms of this discussion, it doesn't.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:32 PM
If Odom leaves this would be the lakers bench intro:

XAg5KjnAhuU
:lol:lol

True, but, starting the whole fucking thing off would be the inclusion of the "Your 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers."

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Does somebody know?

I don't believe that there is an "expiration". Players can sign up to the beginning of the season, the middle of the season, or even just before the playoffs - but they will obviously lose more money if they wait until the season starts.

daslicer
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I will say this that Odom has a history of being a drama queen. That guy can be really a grade A fag at times. I remember back during the spring of '99 he had a problem with declaring for the NBA draft. At that time he had put his name in the draft pool and then had taken out and then had put it in again. He flipped flopped for a few weeks that nobody really knew if he was going to be in draft. Then at the last minute he forgot to pull his name out of the draft in time to be eligible to play NCAA ball for the next year. Once this happened Odom tried to make a plea with the league to somehow let him play NCAA ball next year because he didn't want to go tot he NBA. At that time he even skipped several nba draft workouts which lowered his stock but he still got drafted by the Clipps. Bottomline the guy is a drama queen nobody really knows where the hell he's going. This really does seem similar to the draft day stunt he pulled.

EmantheSpursFan
07-25-2009, 09:35 PM
True, but, starting the whole fucking thing off would be the inclusion of the "Your 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers."

I'll give you and your team props since you guys are the defending champs, but on another note if the lakers dont sign Odom would y'all be intrested in Drew Gooden? Honestly

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I'll give you and your team props since you guys are the defending champs, but on another note if the lakers dont sign Odom would y'all be intrested in Drew Gooden? Honestly

I doubt it, if Odom forsakes Buss---Buss will get his stubborn on & set sail with what remains....at least until the trade deadline.

TheMACHINE
07-25-2009, 09:45 PM
im surprised noone mentioned the luxary tax. Buss will pretty much will pay 20 mill if Odom agrees for a 10 million a year contract.

Also...its a big blow if he leaves, but nothin a team with Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol cant handle. And you guys know, the lakers....we'll call Stern and prob get Tony parker in a mid year trade.

montgod
07-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Even though I hate it when players play these type of games, I understand they are just trying to take care of themselves just like the owners are doing the same for themselves.

I will say that if Odom does accept a deal from the Heat, he would easily be more marketable for a final contract than if he were to stay with the Lakers because he would be a starter with more exposure.

In the end, a contract is usually based on your performance and Odom and his agent probably realize that if they can't get what they want now, they will have a hard time down the road especially when he is coming of the bench and not getting any younger.

TheMACHINE
07-25-2009, 09:51 PM
cant reallly blame Buss or Odom...they just need to compromise somewhere in between

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
In the end, a contract is usually based on your performance and Odom and his agent probably realize that if they can't get what they want now, they will have a hard time down the road especially when he is coming of the bench and not getting any younger.

& the [bench designation] has probably begun to irritate Odom. During the heat of the long season and playoffs Jackson's request of Odom was an honorable if not a courageous act, but, now that's its quiet again and the the contract years stretch out before him...getting paid for bench duty when everybody + that 700lb elephant in the corner (Warlord's mother) agrees that Odom should be paid starter money. Odom is reticient to sign on the line which is dotted.

montgod
07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
The only problem is that your front cournt depth is terrible at the moment. When it is time for Bynum and Gasol to take a break Josh Powel and Mbenga will come in. Phil is likely to get a little creative this season if Odom leaves. Perhaps they'll bring Gasol off the bench and play a lot of small ball.

If Odom doesn't return, there will definitely be another addition like maybe a Diogu, Gooden (if he is still available), JSmith, or whoever for the bench. I don't see them benching Gasol, they will just time it for when the other team's bench players come in.

Kai
07-25-2009, 10:05 PM
You know if the Rockets would have used their injury exception on Odom (worth up to 50% of Yao's salary), we could have had Ariza for the MLE and Odom for the injury exception (worth up to about $8.5 mil ). I don't know if it'd be smart, but just saying. :lol

montgod
07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
You know if the Rockets would have used their injury exception on Odom (worth up to 50% of Yao's salary), we could have had Ariza for the MLE and Odom for the injury exception (worth up to about $8.5 mil ). I don't know if it'd be smart, but just saying. :lol

Odom wouldn't have gone to Houston imo. He still wants to win and be in an attractive or familiar environment. Miami fits the bill for this with Wade on board and possibly getting a player like Boozer. Houston would have a logjam at the 3 and 4 with Odom, Scola, and Ariza. And none of these players would want to come off the bench at this point in their respective careers.

Kai
07-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Odom wouldn't have gone to Houston imo. He still wants to win and be in an attractive or familiar environment. Miami fits the bill for this with Wade on board and possibly getting a player like Boozer. Houston would have a logjam at the 3 and 4 with Odom, Scola, and Ariza. And none of these players would want to come off the bench at this point in their respective careers.

I'm pretty sure Scola would be fine coming off the bench.

montgod
With what money? Maybe Joe Smith comes for the min, but Diogu and Gooden will likely get better offers.

I don't see them getting more than the minimum in this economy honestly. Diogu will probably stay where he is since there won't be a significant offer given to him that wouldn't be matched. Gooden and J Smith will definitely get minimum vet offers or close to it like Rasho, Daniels, Wilcox, Oberto, etc.

Gino
I'd take Joe. You guys are going to be so shocked at how we wont miss Odom.

Its pointless to argue because, as I said, Odom will resign with the Lakers.

However, the way you overlook how important Odom was to winning a championship last year is ridiculous.

Not only does he allow the Lakers to stay big when Bynum inevitably gets into foul trouble, but he's also the Lakers best rebounder and the guys who always seems to be in the right place at the right time to make BIG plays.

Mel_13
07-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Nice try, but the disabled player exception is limited to 50% of the injured player's salary or to the average salary, whichever is less. So the Rockets were limited to an offer equal to the MLE.

montgod
07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Scola would be fine coming off the bench.

I highly doubt that since I believe this is his contract year. Then again, there were rumors about Utah trying to pry him away for a Boozer type trade. I doubt it happens... but if it were, I would think Ariza would be going to the bench or playing the 2 depending on who else was traded along with Scola for Boozer.

montgod
07-25-2009, 10:18 PM
There will be no winning in Miami no time soon. Even with Odumb and Boozer, the Heat will not get past the C's, Magic, or the Cavs. Odumb's best chance at winning is to eat some crow, and stay put for a guaranteed repeat.

Maybe not, but they will win more than Houston will next year. And you have to remember, NBA players are ego maniacs. Odom probably believes that he coming alone creates an opportunity to be successful in the East. Who knows... with him, Wade, and Boozer, I wouldn't totally count them out, but they would have a VERY tough hill to climb in beating the teams you mentioned. This is also based on the premise that the teams mentioned are actually healthy come playoff time. Everyone thought it would be a Celts-Lakers final last year, but an injury to Garnett stopped that talk quickly.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Everyone thought it would be a Celts-Lakers final, but an injury to Garnett stopped that talk quickly.

Thank, Christ! I was in no mood to see Garnett & Perkins beating the living daylights out of us again.

Spursmania
07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Man, I hadn't been checking out any of the Odom threads lately. I thought going to LA was a done deal when some inside source reported a telephone conversation between Odom and Buss. LMAO...the drama continues.

montgod
07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Thank, Christ! I was in no mood to see Garnett & Perkins beating the living daylights out of us again.

I am glad one Lakers fan admits that if they had played the Celts fully healthy in the finals that the outcome might not have come out the same. That's the name of the game though in staying healthy. I say the same about my Spurs vs. the Lakers the year before when Manu was hurt. Who knows what could have been w/a fully healthy Manu. Anyways... back to the present.

montgod
07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I understand your reason for wanting Odumb to leave, but you are being way too optimistic. The Heat are a long way from making any noise.

Well we each have our own opinion. The playoffs have always been pretty wide open especially with injuries being part of the game. If Garnett or Pierce, Howard or Lewis, or Lebron gets injured, who do you think will come out of the East if Odom, Boozer, and Wade are on the same team? The Heat and possibly the Raptors would be the best teams remaining in the East. Of course, the injuries I mentioned are a total worse case scenario and aren't realistic but you never know. Series matchups and such can make the obvious not so obvious. Look at the Cavs and how they were upset because they couldn't defend the Magic.

Even still, Odom's choice wouldn't be soley based on winning, but how it would best suit him as far as the rest of his career and money. If he accepts a bench role, he wants a long term deal now. If he is a starter, he can have an opt out clause and possibly make a last effort for a final contract before he calls it quits.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
I am glad one Lakers fan admits that if they had played the Celts fully healthy in the finals that the outcome might not have come out the same. That's the name of the game though in staying healthy. I say the same about my Spurs vs. the Lakers the year before when Manu was hurt. Who knows what could have been w/a fully healthy Manu. Anyways... back to the present.

I got no problem admitting the Celtics are ahead of us. Injuries are a component of any season or series. There is no shame in copping one while Garnett was shelved. Can we take them now with a tougher Gasol for us and no Powe for them? Honestly I ain't convinced. Rondo is very lethal & is sharp as a serpent's tooth. He more than any Celtic scares the bejeesus out of me. It's: Rondo, Perkins, Garnett. Their particular impact on the Lakers is considerable.

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 10:54 PM

in the 8 games we have played against the celtics we have only been at full strength once. and guess what we won. i think it makes a difference

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I may not like the Lakers, but an Odom/Ariza/Gasol or an Odom/Gasol/Bynum front court could go up against any front court in NBA history.

Great post, but this is plain crazy. Maybe they could go up against McHale-Bird-Parrish or the Kareem and Worthy front lines of the 80s, but they'd get their asses handed to 'em. Even the old Robinson-Duncan-Elliott lineups would smack them around something silly.

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Not to mention, the Celtics '08 front line embarrassed them. Even Leon Powe mouth raped them.

wijayas
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM

Don't sell the Lakers short. Artest's presence is good enough to make up for the loss of Odom. The Lakers is still the team to beat. :toast

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Not to mention, the Celtics '08 front line embarrassed them. Even Leon Powe mouth raped them.

Like a drum they beat us...& Powe showed the least mercy, followed closely by Perkins. And they repeatedly took shots at us on dead balls to intimidate us and obviously it worked. They abused Turiaf and he just grinned. Oh, it was just awful. Gasol quit, threw up his hands and went squawking to the refs. He has learned some lessons since then, but, we have not been back "there" yet. Orlando was no test. It was a gimme. Aint' no shame in takin' the gimmes, as long as your recognize it for what it is.

I just as soon not have to face that test of the Celtics again, (I'd prefer Cleveland if I had my druthers) but, if it comes to that (Celtics) we shall see.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Don't sell the Lakers short. Artest's presence is good enough to make up for the loss of Odom. The Lakers is still the team to beat. :toast

Yes, they are the team to beat, but, is Artest going to show up in Los Angeles like he always did when in the oppoent's uniform, or, will he show up in Lakers garb like Mitch Richmond, Tracy Murray,,,,oh, Hell, every f'in hotshot the last 10 years save Glenn Rice?

Artest would many times take the game off before his team played the Lakers so he could have his A Game on tap. That's a character flaw, no two ways about it and its a concern.

bostonguy
07-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I hope this soap opera ends soon. It is kinda dragging. Im ready for some closure.

Allanon
07-25-2009, 11:30 PM
It's a business. There's no reason for Odom to take less guaranteed money and stay with the Lakers. Buss is far richer than Odom.

And on Buss' side, if he doesn't want to pay, he doesn't have to.

bostonguy
07-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd love to face the Celtics, but I dont think they will be there to face us.

Im confused. First you tell me you expect us to win the east now you dont see us winning it? Im confused. :dizzy

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Lakaluva and DrHouse are officially on suicide watch waiting for the "official word"...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/methud/DontJump.png

Killakobe81
07-25-2009, 11:41 PM
I got no problem admitting the Celtics are ahead of us. Injuries are a component of any season or series. There is no shame in copping one while Garnett was shelved. Can we take them now with a tougher Gasol for us and no Powe for them? Honestly I ain't convinced. Rondo is very lethal & is sharp as a serpent's tooth. He more than any Celtic scares the bejeesus out of me. It's: Rondo, Perkins, Garnett. Their particular impact on the Lakers is considerable.

Disagree with this ...it's the BIG 3 and Perk that are Laker killers ...KG is too quick for Gasol/Bynum and too big for Odom. Pierce has been a notorious Laker killer (being from LA that is no surprise). Then Ray gets up for Kobe they have been rivals for years.Rondo is the weaklink out of their starters. Great talent but shaky jumper allows us to crowd paint which plays in to our defensive scheme ...Rondo killed the Bulls in last years playoffs but we ARE MUCH better than those Bulls

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd love to face the Celtics, but I dont think they will be there to face us.

I know what you mean, Luva. In the immediate aftermath of the Finals a month ago I wanted the same thing...but, the memories of '08 have edged back in and overwhelmed the good mems of the Lakers/Magic. Now I'm all doubting us again. I fear Perkins and KG, and I think Gasol and Bynum fear them too. And Kobe did not show up in '08. He'd bust a move to get around his guy, then think twice and lift up for a 20 footer. I just don't know, Luva. I'm full of doubt. I wish I had your confidence.

bostonguy
07-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Now I heard on Lakersground.net that the Odom leaning toward Miami report is bs. God this story is flip flopping so much. :lmao

Ghazi
07-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Cmon luva :lol, Odom was an important piece of the Lakers. not an easily replaceable piece like Ariza. His +/- was 3rd highest in league... and while he was inconsistent, people always mention how hes an "x-factor" for Lakers and when he plays well they shift to an unbeatable gear... thats important.

that being said, without Odom the Lakers may still be the best team in the West... but not in the NBA IMO.

Also, people make out as if Odom was indisputably the Lakers 3rd best player... before his injury, bynum was playing like the 3rd best player on the Lakers IMO.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Then Ray gets up for Kobe they have been rivals for years

Yes, Killa, yes.

And the bastard (Allen) then rolls over for everyone else.

These are bad mems piling up all the sudden. I'm gonna go lay down and watch TV.

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Cmon luva :lol, Odom was an important piece of the Lakers. not an easily replaceable piece like Ariza. His +/- was 3rd highest in league... and while he was inconsistent, people always mention how hes an "x-factor" for Lakers and when he plays well they shift to an unbeatable gear... thats important.

that being said, without Odom the Lakers may still be the best team in the West... but not in the NBA IMO.

Also, people make out as if Odom was indisputably the Lakers 3rd best player... before his injury, bynum was playing like the 3rd best player on the Lakers IMO.

IN THE PLAYOFFS (which is the only games that matter) Odom WAS the Lakers 3rd best player. Bynum couldn't handle the pressure.

Heck, some games Odom was the 2nd best player for the Lakers.

Killakobe81
07-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I would agree if Odom is not resigned I would say Celts are faves, Spurs are second Lakers would be 3rd going in to the season. We would need a healthy pre-injury Bynum to change that and a return to pre-contract year Sasha and a contract year performance from Farmar for me to feel differently.

Dunc n Dave
07-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes, Killa, yes.

And the bastard (Allen) then rolls over for everyone else.

These are bad mems piling up all the sudden. I'm gonna go lay down and watch TV.

Ray gets up for the Spurs too. He and Bowen are "real close friends.":lol

Thompson
07-25-2009, 11:51 PM
There's a thread in the Spurs forum that Gooden is going to Dallas. That's one less free agent the Lakers could use to soften the blow of losing Odom (assuming he leaves, which is still probably unlikely).

Killakobe81
07-25-2009, 11:53 PM
IN THE PLAYOFFS (which is the only games that matter) Odom WAS the Lakers 3rd best player. Bynum couldn't handle the pressure.

Heck, some games Odom was the 2nd best player for the Lakers.

I agree but that IS part of the problem with Odom sometimes he is our 2nd best other times he is no better than 5th ....I want him back even at 9-10 million but i agree the years are a concern because I'm not sure his game will age well. He is not a great, shooter or post player or defender but he does all reasonably well and is also a great passer and leader so I would pay for 4 more years at most ...

Killakobe81
07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Ray gets up for the Spurs too. He and Bowen are "real close friends.":lol

I remember Bruce has that effect on people ...one thing you have to admit Spur fan that Kobe took Bowens tactics better than anyone. He always has been compliomentary of Bowen EXCEPT when people have called him a "kobe Stopper" Kobe hates that ...

Knoxxx
07-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Bynum may get better, but Lakers - Ariza - Odom + Artest is a thinner and weaker roster and will not be the favorites heading into 2009-10 by other than Laker homers. :flag:

Mr. Body
07-26-2009, 12:02 AM
It's a business. There's no reason for Odom to take less guaranteed money and stay with the Lakers. Buss is far richer than Odom.

And on Buss' side, if he doesn't want to pay, he doesn't have to.

Congratulations. I think you just made Mensa.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM

:rollin

KidCongo
07-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Are you serious? Even after seeing the Lakers end the C's 12 and 19 game win streaks, you still fear these guys. I'm positive the fear factor is over. We took our whooping in 08, and came back determined to beat the Celtics in 09, and the games we played against them in the season led me to believe that we would have beat them in the playoffs too. I welcome another go at these guys.

What happens when Artest gets ejected for getting PP's face? You'll only have Pau and Kobe.

KidCongo
07-26-2009, 12:10 AM
If he was a Laker, he would not have gotten ejected. You know better.

He will in the Garden.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 12:11 AM
I remember Bruce has that effect on people ...one thing you have to admit Spur fan that Kobe took Bowens tactics better than anyone. He always has been compliomentary of Bowen EXCEPT when people have called him a "kobe Stopper" Kobe hates that ...

I gotta give Kobe credit. He never bitched to the media about Bowen, and always named Bowen as one of the toughest guys to play against. Both he and Bowen just went at each other every night with Kobe getting the better of him MOST nights, but Bruce had his moments.

I'll never forget the game Bowen made like 7 threes and was the leading scorer for the Spurs vs. the Lakers. Bruce leading the team in scoring only happens once in a blue moon. Figures it was against the Lakers.

Cry Havoc
07-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I gotta love that fans of a franchise formerly called "Showtime", consisting of such players as Shaq, Kobe, Vlade Divac, etc., and sitting in the shadow of the actors/actresses capital of the world, are whining about one of their players being a drama queen, and proclaiming they hate him for it.

Have you guys EVER looked at your franchise's history before?

:lmao

Mmmm, mmmm, yes yes, your anguish sustains me.

Cry Havoc
07-26-2009, 12:27 AM
:lobt: and counting...

And that's why this ENTIRE board of non-Lakers fans is laughing at you.

You guys win a championship, and STILL find ways to bitch like miserable little lawn gnomes who are sitting on the lawn of one of the most fantastically huge mansions in the world, but get pissy cause it's raining.

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/angry_lawn_gnome.jpg

Every other fanbase in the NBA would trade places with you last season, yet you're acting like the douche-fag who's been locked in a padded room while trying to quit his cocaine addiction.

So yes. You guys have all the room in the world to talk shit to other teams in the league. What amazes me is instead of reveling in a championship, you're busy denigrating the 3rd best player on your roster from last season.

It's amazing to watch this kind of a meltdown. Lakers fans are easily the most insecure in the NBA. You guys have a complex that would make Bonaparte look like a natural, healthy, well-adjusted adult.

HarlemHeat37
07-26-2009, 01:19 AM
These Spurs vs. Lakers threads are becoming annoying..they get derailed in like 5 posts..

Baseline
07-26-2009, 02:18 AM
I know what you mean, Luva. In the immediate aftermath of the Finals a month ago I wanted the same thing...but, the memories of '08 have edged back in and overwhelmed the good mems of the Lakers/Magic. Now I'm all doubting us again. I fear Perkins and KG, and I think Gasol and Bynum fear them too. And Kobe did not show up in '08. He'd bust a move to get around his guy, then think twice and lift up for a 20 footer. I just don't know, Luva. I'm full of doubt. I wish I had your confidence.

Culburn, believeme, I greatly appreciate the fact that you are the only Laker fan in existent who looks at things with any semblance of realism. I live in LA, and I can assure you that it is a rarity. And I agree that a healthy Celts team last year would have beaten the Lakers.

However, don't you think your main concern for this coming year should be the Spurs?

redzero
07-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Lamar is a smart man. Who needs championships?

Baseline
07-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Thats funny. I'm in the grocery store yesterday, and this guy has on a James jersey, and I said, "I know you real happy about picking up Shaq/Parker/Moon," and he's all stoked, and was like, "we're winning it next year," and I said, "you talking to a die-hard Laker fan," and the first thing that came out of his mouth is Artest not meshing with the Lakers and getting kicked out of important games.

If that's our only problem, then we have no problems.

Here's what should concern you... Both Ariza and Odom are unselfish players. Both Artest and Bryant are selfish players.

You're losing two team guys, and now the two ego guys on your teams will have ego wars all year long. If you don't see this happening, I'm not sure what world you're living in. Dude, Bryant started a war with Bynum when he was 21 years old. How necessary was that ridiculous video ofhim spouting off about trading Bynum?

And now Bynum's fat new contract kicks in, yet he won't be producing any more than 12 and 10 and that's only if he's 100% healthy.

If Odom really leaves, the Lakers will have way more problems than you realize. I view losing Odom as a catastrophic loss. Odom is really a starter, because Bynum gets his two fouls within the first 5 minutes of every meaningful game. Honestly, as much as you guys hype Bynum, the poor kid was real cose to worthless in the playoffs.

Well, your Geiko for Bynum just might be playing in South Beach this year.

carrao45
07-26-2009, 02:35 AM
How ironic would it be if Lamar re-signs with the Lakers and that happens.

:lol I would be bummed about a Laker getting hurt, but I wouldn't care as much as if it were Pau or Derek. At this point I like Odom as much as I like Sasha Vujacic...and I'm sure everyone knows that nobody likes Sasha

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Culburn, believeme, I greatly appreciate the fact that you are the only Laker fan in existent who looks at things with any semblance of realism. I live in LA, and I can assure you that it is a rarity. And I agree that a healthy Celts team last year would have beaten the Lakers.

However, don't you think your main concern for this coming year should be the Spurs?

Too many variables: Duncan will most probably be physically compromised the remainder of his career. There is prime left there, but, just trace amounts.

The chances of Manu coming back whole is 50/50 maybe 60/40.

That leaves Parker & Jefferson. Jackson, no matter the scenario will move to isolate & suffocate Jefferson, knowing he is the relatively unknown commodity.

No more Thomas to contend with will be a bonus.

I've said since the end of the playoffs: its just the Spurs in the West for us. Everybody else will fade to black. If we can get lucky and somebody else ends the Celtics before next June I can't see anybody else stopping us coming from the East.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:58 AM
These Spurs vs. Lakers threads are becoming annoying..they get derailed in like 5 posts..

That's only because yer holding the shitty end of the stick, Harlem. If we were holding that icky end you'd be in your glory:

- "Oh, the Spurs are so good."

- "Oh, the Spurs won their 4th plus that strike one."

- "Oh, I think I'm going to swoon."

- "Oh, Dunc, catch me, darling."

- "Oh, look at me, I'm champion and I hate the Fakers."

- "Oh, were so honest and the Fakers cheat."

- "Oh."

I can see thru you, Harlem. Yer a good time Charley, and you ain't had a good time, Charley, in over 2 years.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Dude, Bryant started a war with Bynum when he was 21 years old. How necessary was that ridiculous video ofhim spouting off about trading Bynum?

They're all grown men. It's not a game. It's a business. It's not a necessity to be friends in order to attain team goals.

I got no problem with Kobe rootin' thru the roster, holding the ner do wells to accounts, conjuring ways to improve his chances of garnering another ring.

He's said on many occasions that if the players on the roster aren't going to aspire to his level they'll get others in there that will. Everybody has been warned, and fairly so.

Your Pop and your org. does the same thing, only they do it in private because it ain't Los Angeles and because ESPN/Media frames it different for you fellows. When Pop takes somebody to the woodshed, or, runs somebody off it's a solemn event and Pop is afforded respect from Media. He is always sided. That's rarely the case in Los Angeles.

Kobe has been "Smushed" & "Browned."

NBA players careers are finite. Just because Kobe appreciates that stoic reality doesn't mean his team mates should get a free pass because they don't or won't. So, when Kobe goes to the whip too early, it's sure better than too late.

montgod
07-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Too many variables: Duncan will most probably be physically compromised the remainder of his career. There is prime left there, but, just trace amounts.

The chances of Manu coming back whole is 50/50 maybe 60/40.

That leaves Parker & Jefferson. Jackson, no matter the scenario will move to isolate & suffocate Jefferson, knowing he is the relatively unknown commodity.

No more Thomas to contend with will be a bonus.

I've said since the end of the playoffs: its just the Spurs in the West for us. Everybody else will fade to black. If we can get lucky and somebody else ends the Celtics before next June I can't see anybody else stopping us coming from the East.

Interesting take.

If I recall correctly, Ray Allen had two years or so where his ankles were horrendous and had surgery to repair them. How has he done since then? Even though I as a Spurs fan am still skeptical, but hopeful, I definitely would not count out Manu to come back 100% healthy.

Duncan is getting older, but with the wealth of talent around him, he won't have to do all the heavy lifting alone. If he comes back this year healthy and his minutes are limited, watch out.

Thomas still has a chance at returning if the Bucks cut him, but I am not counting on it. However, I will say if Thomas gave you fits, how do think you all will deal with McDyess who is twice the player that Thomas is?

And yes, it will be interesting to see who comes out of the East. I still think the Celtics if healthy have one more good year to get to the finals.

This will definitely be an interesting and entertaining year for both our teams. I am going to enjoy it...

montgod
07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
What's going on with all of the Celtics dick-riding? Anyone here should know that the playoffs are about matchups, and if they see Cleveland, they're going to get their asses handed to them. If LeBron can take them to 7 games by himself, and force the game of Paul Pierce's life for them to be able to beat the Cavs... then the Cavs are going to walk all over them with the addition of O'Neal and Mo Williams since that time.

I know I ain't riding the Celts, but I do see them coming out of the East this next year if healthy.

And I can't say that I fully agree in regards to the Cavs beating the Celts. Even though it was a toughly fought series with the Celts vs. the Cavs two years ago, I don't know how it would turn out now. That was the first year in which Boston brought the big three together and I think after 2 years, they would perform even better than they did that year. On paper, the addition of Shaq and Mo Williams makes the Cavs a whole lot better, but you never know what will happen in the playoffs (i.e. Williams not showing up last year). Since the Celts won a year ago and were without their MVP player in Garnett this last year, I still give them the benefit of the doubt in beating a Cavs team that completely folded this last year. Don't forget, the Celts also just added a couple players that could make a difference as well in Wallace and Daniels as well as a more mature and capable Big Baby if he returns.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:24 AM
What's going on with all of the Celtics dick-riding? Anyone here should know that the playoffs are about matchups, and if they see Cleveland, they're going to get their asses handed to them. If LeBron can take them to 7 games by himself, and force the game of Paul Pierce's life for them to be able to beat the Cavs... then the Cavs are going to walk all over them with the addition of O'Neal and Mo Williams since that time.

The Celtics have a gaggle of blue chippers: Allen, Pierce, KG, Rondo, Perkins. Cleveland has one: James. Daddy there is going to make them sorry, but, you can't tell them that. They need to see for themselves, like Phoenix did. The remainder of their roster is pure mish-mash. Orlando will give the Celtics more resistance than any team in the East, including the Cavs. Celtics play lock down defense, the only team in the NBA that does at this point. And they're not afraid to play thuggishly, not so much because it comes natural to them, but, mostly because they know it's very affective and teams will just back away.

James has flaws to his game, especially in the playoffs. Just because ESPN/Media won't put a light to these flaws and examine them in the daylight don't mean other coaches and teams ain't taken notes about them.

James must give the ball up to get it back and he won't do it. He, like Kobe, (but unlike Jordan & Magic) takes no one with him when he goes, but, like Kobe, quality players make Kobe better (Gasol). James must get a player that is just a smidge behind him in talent & intelligence. Otherwise, it's just futile for him.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 11:10 AM
:lol I would be bummed about a Laker getting hurt, but I wouldn't care as much as if it were Pau or Derek. At this point I like Odom as much as I like Sasha Vujacic...and I'm sure everyone knows that nobody likes Sasha

That's harsh. I never liked LO much, but he stepped up when it mattered this year. So, he has my respect.

Comparing, him to Sasha though, that's too much.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:20 AM
That's only because yer holding the shitty end of the stick, Harlem. If we were holding that icky end you'd be in your glory:

- "Oh, the Spurs are so good."

- "Oh, the Spurs won their 4th plus that strike one."

- "Oh, I think I'm going to swoon."

- "Oh, Dunc, catch me, darling."

- "Oh, look at me, I'm champion and I hate the Fakers."

- "Oh, were so honest and the Fakers cheat."

- "Oh."

I can see thru you, Harlem. Yer a good time Charley, and you ain't had a good time, Charley, in over 2 years.

LakerWhore, gettin his "butt hurt" on...

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
LakerWhore, gettin his "butt hurt" on...

Dunc, gettin' his turd hound back on.

ulosturedge
07-26-2009, 11:52 AM
This is obviously all posturing by Odom. They want people to think he's leaning towards Miami. That way it forces Mr.Buss to go all in. Like I said Odom wants to get paid and apparently he isn't letting up one bit.

If Buss opens his wallet Odom is a Laker again, but if he won't do any better then the previous deal I think he's gone.

And who has who by the balls now lmao. Poor Mr.Buss is going to have to swallow his pride on this one.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
And who has who by the balls now lmao. Poor Mr.Buss is going to have to swallow his pride on this one.

With 9 rings in 30 years of ownership, Buss ain't done too bad.

TheMACHINE
07-26-2009, 11:56 AM

who has a better chance winning a ring next? Lamar in Miami or Buss with Kobe, Pao and Artest? Who has who by the balls now?

z0sa
07-26-2009, 12:05 PM
who has a better chance winning a ring next? Lamar in Miami or Buss with Kobe, Pao and Artest? Who has who by the balls now?

from the looks of things, I'd fare that winning a ring is one of the lower priorities in Odom's mind.

TheMACHINE
07-26-2009, 12:11 PM
from the looks of things, I'd fare that winning a ring is one of the lower priorities in Odom's mind.

and if he is willing to take Miami's MLE offer, money is also one of the lower priorities.

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
and if he is willing to take Miami's MLE offer, money is also one of the lower priorities.

Didn't the Lakers only offer him 30M? I know there was a report of 4 years @ 36M, but the last year was not guaranteed or it was a team option. If that is true, 5 years full MLE is worth more than what the Lakers offered.

ulosturedge
07-26-2009, 12:38 PM
You guys are going to overpay for Odom lol. I hope he doesn't fall into obscurity after making the deal. I could see him getting lazy after he gets his money. That would suck.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I hope he doesn't fall into obscurity after making the deal. I could see him getting lazy after he gets his money. That would suck.

That's back into obscurity. He'd come out of obscurity for the '09 playoffs.

& it would suck. But, we've been snookered afore: Richmond, Murray, Vug, Meds, Hunter, on & on & on.

So the goods news is we retain Odom.

So the bad news is we retain Odom.

Odom is intellectually (basketball wise) dishonest. It's a slippery slope with him.

exstatic
07-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Even without Odom, the Lakers would crush the Spurs.

Uh, no. You had two CLEAR mismatches in Kobe and Lamar, and we had one with Parker. Take that down to one, and it's ON, bitches.

exstatic
07-26-2009, 01:49 PM

Injuries are like made baskets, steals, et al as far as I'm concerned. I hope & pray we get no injuries, and quite frankly I hope & pray my opponents gets a bevy of them.

Actually, you'd probably just jump teams again like when you abandoned the heartless Suns.

It's perfect, almost instant karma that the team you jump to has a 30+ year old star, and their supporting cast is dropping away like rotten wood.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Actually, you'd probably just jump teams again like when you abandoned the heartless Suns.

It's perfect, almost instant karma that the team you jump to has a 30+ year old star, and their supporting cast is dropping away like rotten wood.

Please.

YellowFever
07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
this is getting ridiculous.

i wish this thing gets resolved tomorrow and the fucker makes up his mind one way or the other.

i'm getting sick and tired of hearing about this day in and day out.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 02:18 PM
As long as he doesn't go I could care less how long it drags out. It's only time. Ain't nothing happening till at least October anyway.

bostonguy
07-26-2009, 02:54 PM

:lmao:lmao @ saying the Cavs would whip our asses. While everybody is saying we havent proven we can win in the Q, the Cavs havent won in Boston either. Mo Williams hardly scares me. The fucker cant handle the pressure as it showed against Orlando when he couldnt back up his smack talk. You talk about the Cavs being improved since then well so has Boston. Daniels and Wallace make the bench much stronger than last year. It is going to take 6-7 games to eliminate the Celts. Saying the Cavs would handle them with ease is just comedy.

Mhak
07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Time to burn Odoms jersey. Fuck you Odom. I fucking hate you for dragging this shit out and I fucking hate you for leaving. I wish you the worst in Miami. I am going to boo the living fuck out of you when you come back to LA you piece of shit.

Typical Laker Fans... When their players do well they praise their players.. If they do something wrong(in this case LO is leaving), They are ready to stake him to death...

I love laker fans... very moronic and stupid...

iggypop123
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Typical Laker Fans... When their players do well they praise their players.. If they do something wrong(in this case LO is leaving), They are ready to stake him to death...

I love laker fans... very moronic and stupid...

thasts all fans. finley i love you so much! thank you for making that shot before duncans 3. now- that trash needs to retire

Mhak
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm still expecting Odom to re-sign with the Lakers. Lamar is being smart, this article comes out, Buss realizes that he needs to re-sign him no matter the cost and then he returns as a Laker.

And if he signs with the heat I am deleting this post.

Thats funny.. i think Buss is an arrogant mofo.... he will not sign lamar for lamars term.. Its more for his term.

:flag:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
:lmao:lmao @ saying the Cavs would whip our asses. While everybody is saying we havent proven we can win in the Q, the Cavs havent won in Boston either. Mo Williams hardly scares me. The fucker cant handle the pressure as it showed against Orlando when he couldnt back up his smack talk. You talk about the Cavs being improved since then well so has Boston. Daniels and Wallace make the bench much stronger than last year. It is going to take 6-7 games to eliminate the Celts. Saying the Cavs would handle them with ease is just comedy.

Yeah I'd take Boston over the Crabaliers in a heart beat.

I know they got Shaq, but Perky guards Shaq just as good as anyone else. Shaq won't be a non-factor but he'll have to work for every shot and I can't see him rotating onto Allen very well when Perkins screens Delonte West off Ray, a play they run A LOT. Lebron would also have problems with all the traffic in the paint with Perkins and Shaq.

Lastly if Cleveland's serious about starting Lebron at PF, Sheed and KG will be hitting that baseline turnaround on him all day. Cleveland has problems at power forward that won't get solved just be moving Lebron to PF.

Spursmania
07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Even with Odom, Miami still not Contenders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/224525-even-with-lamar-odom-the-miami-heat-are-not-a-contender

Texas_Ranger
07-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Even with Odom, Miami still not Contenders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/224525-even-with-lamar-odom-the-miami-heat-are-not-a-contender

Well if we trade them Matt Bonner then they are contenders right?:blah

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 06:13 PM
thasts all fans. finley i love you so much! thank you for making that shot before duncans 3. now- that trash needs to retire

lol, true. it does get old.

crc21209
07-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Well if we trade them Matt Bonner then they are contenders right?:blah

If the Heat are able to land BOTH Odom AND Boozer, they are a top 5 team in the East. I've read somewhere the Heat would give only have to give up Haslem and other fillers for Boozer. So they would have a starting 5 of Chalmers, Wade, Odom, Boozer, and O' Neal. Not bad in the East. After Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, Miami would be right there in the mix of things with that lineup.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Dunc, gettin' his turd hound back on.

Sure, not hard to sniff you out with the stench you spew from your posts. It follwed you over here from the Suns forums you got kicked out of. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd... it's probably a turd. I call 'em as I see 'em.:toast

j-money24
07-26-2009, 07:27 PM
If the Heat are able to land BOTH Odom AND Boozer, they are a top 5 team in the East. I've read somewhere the Heat would give only have to give up Haslem and other fillers for Boozer. So they would have a starting 5 of Chalmers, Wade, Odom, Boozer, and O' Neal. Not bad in the East. After Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, Miami would be right there in the mix of things with that lineup.

They were already a top 5 team in the east without Odom and Boozer.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Sure, not hard to sniff you out with the stench you spew from your posts. It follwed you over here from the Suns forums you got kicked out of. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd... it's probably a turd. I call 'em as I see 'em.:toast

You're my own special fart catcher, Dunc.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 07:35 PM
You're my own special fart catcher, Dunc.

And you're this forum's resident douchebag, LakerWhore. So glad we both serve a purpose in life...;)

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:51 PM
And you're this forum's resident douchebag, LakerWhore. So glad we both serve a purpose in life...;)

Of course, Dunc. I'm a douche bag, a retard, a faggot, I'm gay, on and on and on.

Calling me names ain't gonna change the fact your fandom is weak & puny, son. & yes, Suns fandom is your superior. I don't wish to kick you when yer down, but, it's the truth. You're not even in the neighborhood, Dunc.

You have no heritage. You're like "new money"...sure you were in the back of room with Ice & some of that funk & junk, but, by & large you didn't do squat until you cheated to get Duncan. Your roots are puny. You've never suffered the slings & arrows of outrageous forture as the Suns fandom has. You've never bled. You had yours handed to you on a silver platter. All three regular rings + the strike was a gimme. Sure, that ain't your fault, but, it is what it is. You've never had a Celtic eatin' on yer ass for 60 years.

Your biggest claim to fame is your shit don't stink.

Congratulations.

Mr. Body
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Culburn with over 800 content-free posts so far.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Culburn with over 800 content-free posts so far.

...& an NBA Championship.

Hey, Hawkeye, get in there and tend those wounded. I think the rope that attaches Duncan's asshole to his belly button ruptured.

Chop, chop!!

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm as nervous as a queer at a weiner roast.

Dex
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Still expecting Lakers. Will be surprised otherwise.

But who doesn't like surprises?

MambaJuice2408
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
He made 11.5 last season. Some people think it is over 14 mil, but he got an extra three mill his first season, so the figure dropped to over 11 mil last season.

The offer was originally 3 year 30 mil, and then it was raised to around four years 36 mil.

Odom is worth no more than 8 mil, especially in this economy. He's making it difficult, and I admire Buss for not giving in to this underachiver.

Just bring in a solid power forward and lets start training camp already.

Amen

Kindergarten Cop
07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Amen

But what "solid forward" will you be able to bring in for a vet minimum deal? The cupboards are getting slimmer and slimmer with every day (or week) that Odom and Buss drag this out.

Mr. Body
07-26-2009, 09:40 PM
...& an NBA Championship.

Hey, Hawkeye, get in there and tend those wounded. I think the rope that attaches Duncan's asshole to his belly button ruptured.

Chop, chop!!

Yet more. You're going on ignore.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Yet more. You're going on ignore.

Oh, the old "ignore" option. Not as bad as the spelling indictment, but, right next to it.

You weak thing, you.

MambaJuice2408
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
But what "solid forward" will you be able to bring in for a vet minimum deal? The cupboards are getting slimmer and slimmer with every day (or week) that Odom and Buss drag this out.

doesnt matter to me. if lamar want to feel important and get paid less to have more years secure on his contract and be irrelevant in the east for atleast 2 more years then he's entitled to do so.

If he leaves its because he wants to start and really play a starring role on a team. He'll make less but if thats what he wants he can have it.

With the Lakers he'll be asked to do less, probably only play like half the game. But make considerable more money.

So it's all what he wants. Less work, more money OR More work, less money (w/ the respect he wants). Lamar seems like a sensitive persons I wouldnt underestimate the feeling of being wanted in his negotiations.

Kindergarten Cop
07-26-2009, 10:07 PM
doesnt matter to me. if lamar want to feel important and get paid less to have more years secure on his contract and be irrelevant in the east for atleast 2 more years then he's entitled to do so.

If he leaves its because he wants to start and really play a starring role on a team. He'll make less but if thats what he wants he can have it.

With the Lakers he'll be asked to do less, probably only play like half the game. But make considerable more money.

So it's all what he wants. Less work, more money OR More work, less money (w/ the respect he wants). Lamar seems like a sensitive persons I wouldnt underestimate the feeling of being wanted in his negotiations.

The "taking less money" argument has been thrown around a lot, but I have yet to see any proof to this. The offer that the Lakers had on the table was a 4yr/$36M deal with the 4th year being a team option with a $3M buyout. That means that Odom is only truly guaranteed to make $30M over three years with the Lakers. Now it is speculated that Buss will offer less than that. All of the other offers that have been tossed around are only speculation, and many with knowledge refute most of them.

He would be guaranteed to make around $35M over five years with the Heat. He would also be able to start and perhaps make even more money by displaying his talent, since years 3, 4, or 5 of his Heat deal would likely have a player option. When you consider the money that he would save on cost of living and state income tax deference, I don't find that it is overwhelmingly evident that he would be sacrificing much money.

Chillen
07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Is Odom Shaq in his prime? Nope. Odom would help the Lakers chances of repeating but why is it that people want to see him sign elsewhere so bad? I'd like to see the Lakers try for a repeat at full strength with only Ariza out and Artest in. That way if they f*ck it up (don't win the 2010 NBA title) it would be one hell of a choke job.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Is Odom Shaq in his prime? Nope. Odom would help the Lakers chances of repeating but why is it that people want to see him sign elsewhere so bad? I'd like to see the Lakers try for a repeat at full strength with only Ariza out and Artest in. That way if they f*ck it up (don't win the 2010 NBA title) it would be one hell of a choke job.

How's come the Spurs never get the "choke job" label hung on their ugly asses? Christ, they've won four and never repeated, but, nary a discouraging word, outside of these type Boards is ever uttered. ESPN/Media hasn't taken them to task over this abysmal failure. On the contrary, they're treated like some gd royalty by Media, above such criticism and examination.

It's horseshit.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Of course, Dunc. I'm a douche bag, a retard, a faggot, I'm gay, on and on and on.

Calling me names ain't gonna change the fact your fandom is weak & puny, son. & yes, Suns fandom is your superior. I don't wish to kick you when yer down, but, it's the truth. You're not even in the neighborhood, Dunc.

You have no heritage. You're like "new money"...sure you were in the back of room with Ice & some of that funk & junk, but, by & large you didn't do squat until you cheated to get Duncan. Your roots are puny. You've never suffered the slings & arrows of outrageous forture as the Suns fandom has. You've never bled. You had yours handed to you on a silver platter. All three regular rings + the strike was a gimme. Sure, that ain't your fault, but, it is what it is. You've never had a Celtic eatin' on yer ass for 60 years.

Your biggest claim to fame is your shit don't stink.

Congratulations.

Yeah and I'm a fart catcher, turd hound, ass smoocher, sell out, weak and puny little shit. Don't come in here acting like the victim. DO you feel like we are picking on you on something? Let me guess, you were just trying to have an intelligent conversation, and the big bad Spur fans started calling you names for no reason, right?

Everything I've bolded above you've dished out to me or others, many times unwarranted. Insults and name calling from a different era doesn't change the fact that they are still insults, so you need to stop acting like your shit don't stink too.

You are the epitome of a TROLL.
http://blogs.setonhill.edu/DenamarieErcolani/troll.jpg
You come into threads with your condescending "I'm SO much more educated than you, you are beneath me" attitude, drop an insult on others, or the Spurs players/fans/organization, and sit back and watch the panic unfold, and keep stoking the fire. Sad really..., Aren't you in your 50's and you have nothing better to do than troll this site 24 hours a day? 800 posts of bullshit insults in 2 weeks on this site? What a pathetic existance... Other posters have told you the same thing, so it's not like I'm just making this up.

Try bringing something to the table other than the same old tired "4-1 to Mavs," "3 and that strike ring," "Spurs are washed up," "Spurs fans aren't schooled in the NBA arts." At least be a good little troll and get your facts straight first, Mr. Intelligent. It wasn't a strike, it was a LOCK OUT. Or were you too busy sitting in the closet with a bag over your head for being a Suns fans at that point in your life, LakerWhore?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah and I'm a fart catcher, turd hound, ass smoocher, sell out, weak and puny little shit. Don't come in here acting like the victim. DO you feel like we are picking on you on something? Let me guess, you were just trying to have an intelligent conversation, and the big bad Spur fans started calling you names for no reason, right?

Everything I've bolded above you've dished out to me or others, many times unwarranted. Insults and name calling from a different era doesn't change the fact that they are still insults, so you need to stop acting like your shit don't stink too.

You are the epitome of a TROLL.
http://blogs.setonhill.edu/DenamarieErcolani/troll.jpg
You come into threads with your condescending "I'm SO much more educated than you, you are beneath me" attitude, drop an insult on others, or the Spurs players/fans/organization, and sit back and watch the panic unfold, and keep stoking the fire. Sad really..., Aren't you in your 50's and you have nothing better to do than troll this site 24 hours a day? 800 posts of bullshit insults in 2 weeks on this site? What a pathetic existance... Other posters have told you the same thing, so it's not like I'm just making this up.

Try bringing something to the table other than the same old tired "4-1 to Mavs," "3 and that strike ring," "Spurs are washed up," "Spurs fans aren't schooled in the NBA arts." At least be a good little troll and get your facts straight first, Mr. Intelligent. It wasn't a strike, it was a LOCK OUT. Or were you too busy sitting in the closet with a bag over your head for being a Suns fans at that point in your life, LakerWhore?

Stings, don't it?

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
How's come the Spurs never get the "choke job" label hung on their ugly asses? Christ, they've won four and never repeated, but, nary a discouraging word, outside of these type Boards is ever uttered. ESPN/Media hasn't taken them to task over this abysmal failure. On the contrary, they're treated like some gd royalty by Media, above such criticism and examination.
It's horseshit.

Cul getting his jealous rant on....

http://www.tobascodagama.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wahmbulance.jpg

Kindergarten Cop
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM

It's horseshit.

Surely you jest. You honestly expect us to believe that you have never heard the "The Spurs are not a dynasty, because they have not repeated" argument spewed by numerous "experts" from ESPN and other national media streams? To claim that the Spurs, of all teams, are treated like royalty by the media is laughable.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Stings, don't it?

Being a closet Suns fan? I wouldn't know... You tell me LakerWhore...

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Being a closet Suns fan? I wouldn't know... You tell me LakerWhore...

Oh, no you don't, you control freak. I asked you first and yer goin' first come Hell or high water.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh, no you don't, you control freak. I asked you first and yer goin' first come Hell or high water.

To what are you referring to?
The fact that you are condescending?
The fact that you are acting like a victim?
Or the fact that you are a troll?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't try that ploy of asking me another question instead of answering the question I asked of you. Damn douche bag, you.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Don't try that ploy of asking me another question instead of answering the question I asked of you. Damn douche bag, you.

What question were you referring to, you weak little shit?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
What question were you referring to, you weak little shit?

That tears it! That's the livin' end. You sideshow lookin' sob, you.

I'm nonplussed. I'm goin' & watchin' some television.

All my love,

- LakersWhore

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:55 PM
That tears it! That's the livin' end. You sideshow lookin' sob, you.

I'm nonplussed. I'm goin' & watchin' some television.

All my love,

- LakersWhore

See you in about an hour. You're like a crack addict. You'll be back for your Dunc n Dave fix!:lol

peskypesky
07-26-2009, 11:05 PM

I think he'd just rather play with a good guy like Wade rather than a prick like Kobe.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope he helps Odom sober up and take his lazy ass back to Miami with him.

lakaluva=the Queen of Denial...

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:24 PM
You wont find one post on this board of me praising Odom. The guy has a losers mentality, and we can only stand to benefit from his absence.

:rolleyes Sure... losing Odom WAY increases your chances of repeating... Okay...

KSeal
07-26-2009, 11:25 PM
It's July 26th Lamar, make up your fucking mind. Go fuck bitches with Wade in South Beach if that's what you want, just do something already.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Fuck D-Whistle IMO

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:28 PM
It's July 26th Lamar, make up your fucking mind. Go fuck bitches with Wade in South Beach if that's what you want, just do something already.

Why do that, when he's having so much fun keeping the Lakers on the edge of their seats while all the other quality free agents disappear into thin air?

It's more fun to screw them over on his way out the door.

Where's DrHouse with his "This is why I love Dr. Buss speech" now?

KSeal
07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Fuck D-Whistle IMO

I see you're still upset :lol

KSeal
07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
We dont need him to win the West, thats already booked.

Why even feed him? Ignore the troll, it's unhealthy not to.

MambaJuice2408
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Why do that, when he's having so much fun keeping the Lakers on the edge of their seats while all the other quality free agents disappear into thin air?

It's more fun to screw them over on his way out the door.

Where's DrHouse with his "This is why I love Dr. Buss speech" now?

Doing what Lamar is doing is actually increasing his leverage, as all the other good FA get signed. Not a bad move in my opinion now that I think about it. Now it puts the onus on the Lakers to pay him his 8-10 mill a year or he leaves for Miami.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Are you kidding??? No other team wanted this pot head. Hes not here by choice, its by default.

Other teams wanted him, but didn't have the $$$ to be able to afford him.
Portland is the only one that could afford him, but yeah, they didn't want him.

Guess it's true that you won't appreciate what you got until it's gone. You'll see...

Ditty
07-27-2009, 12:26 AM
again lakers will be a second round team at best if they lose odom

The_Game
07-27-2009, 12:58 AM
again lakers will be a second round team at best if they lose odom

so Odom makes the lakers from a 2nd round team to NBA champions?

god you are a clueless moron

Even without Odom the Lakers could well win the west and would still be favourites to....just would struggle to beat Boston.

Ditty
07-27-2009, 01:15 AM
so Odom makes the lakers from a 2nd round team to NBA champions?

god you are a clueless moron

Even without Odom the Lakers could well win the west and would still be favourites to....just would struggle to beat Boston.

lol lakers bench

portland and san antonio will defintley be better than LA even maybe denver

odom commanded so much attention becuase of his matchup problems if your a true lakers fan and ever noticed that

spurs would though be the favorites to win it all if odom leave for south florida :lobt2:

The_Game
07-27-2009, 01:19 AM
lol lakers bench

portland and san antonio will defintley be better than LA even maybe denver

odom commanded so much attention becuase of his matchup problems if your a true lakers fan and ever noticed that

spurs would though be the favorites to win it all if odom leave for south florida :lobt2:

bench would be weak but the starting 5 is still better than anything spurs or blazers have....likely hood is Manu gets hurt anyway and how much do duncan and dice even have left? who knows

boston would be the favourites, orlando you could argue also has a better roster than the spurs or blazers.

all this is pointless as odom is still a laker and will return.