PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pool Demolition Recommendation

timvp
07-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Got a swimming pool that was built kind of on a hill that we need to have caved in and the ground flattened. Anyone have a recommendation for a company that can handle such a job? The pool is already empty and it should be accessible by most types of machinery.

Thanks in advance.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM
And before everyone recommends it, we don't want to rent a back-hoe and smash it/fill the hole ourselves.

mookie2001
07-25-2009, 07:01 PM
got yourself a fancy a cement pond huh?

probably not up to the standards of yalls current gated community

timvpluva
07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
If you let me talk to you while I'm doing it, I will do it for free, timvp! <33333

mookie2001
07-25-2009, 07:03 PM
ROFL

if you link to some videos of romel beck i'll help too

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
got yourself a fancy a cement pond huh?

probably not up to the standards of yalls current gated community

Well right now it's not fancy. It's just a big, empty cement hole.

mouse
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I will get someone by Monday if not sooner. I need to know what you want to keep the job under $$ I have to get them to do it for 150.00 less so you and LJ can pay for another art exhibit for me and I will be even on the last 125.00, plese let me know the budget, the people are already standing by....

779-0693

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 07:43 PM
I will get someone by Monday if not sooner. I need to know what you want to keep the job under $$ I have to get them to do it for 150.00 less so you and LJ can pay for another art exhibit for me and I will be even on the last 125.00, plese let me know the budget, the people are already standing by....

779-0693

Can you call me on Monday and let me know what price range the guy says? I have no idea how much it's supposed to cost, but LJ's dad has gotten some other quotes. We need to have it done sometime in the next couple weeks.

mouse
07-25-2009, 08:10 PM
I have a man that wants to do it for 900-1000 that is for the dirt and two palettes of grass. it costs me 150.00 to remove the water. but he doesn't have to know the water is already gone I just want to pay LJ back for the loan!

But we need a picture so we can figure out if covering it will be enough or will there be some jack hammering involved. (DizzG)
And since we don't know the measurements I told him 10 X 25 one pallet of grass covers 100sq feet at 125 a palette so if you only need one palette then you can deduct the 125, from the bid. He needs 800.00 for dirt and labor 125-250 for grass.

If those prices sound good I will send him to your place email me the pics and any info.

[email protected]

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 08:13 PM
The water is out. But the cement definitely needs to be smashed in with a jack hammer/back hoe or whatever it is you use to smash cement.

It's a standard size backyard swimming pool... but I don't know how big that is.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
You want it backfilled with dirt? I have a backhoe, rockhammer, and dump truck. Where are you located? Get your bids and tell me and I'll beat them. You need to have holes knocked in the bottom of it before you fill it... just so you know. I've done a few before.

Hill Country Village (281/Winding Way). PM me and tell me what kind of price range.

Thanks.

mouse
07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
You want it backfilled with dirt? I have a backhoe, rockhammer, and dump truck. Where are you located and how big is the pool? You need to have holes knocked in the bottom of it before you fill it... just so you know. I've done a few before.

*I see Mouse is taking care of it. Let me know if it doesn't work out, I can help you.

You can have the job just charge 150.00 less so me and LJ can be square!! :tu

mouse
07-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I talked to Alonso and if you want he will bring a pallet of grass 100 sqft and make it look nice for 250.00 total labor included. I gave him my 911 screen name so he can come in here and ask any questions.

here is his carig's list link.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fgs/1288848628.html

mouse
07-25-2009, 08:44 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/alonzo.jpg

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I talked to Alonso and if you want he will bring a pallet of grass 100 sqft and make it look nice for 250.00 total labor included. I gave him my 911 screen name so he can come in here and ask any questions.

here is his carig's list link.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fgs/1288848628.html

Thanks.

Okay, next I need a handyman. :lol Do you know anyone for that? Fixing small holes in the wall, installing smoke alarms, new door locks and stuff like that. I don't need it immediately but I need it next month.

mouse
07-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks.

Okay, next I need a handyman. :lol Do you know anyone for that? Fixing small holes in the wall, installing smoke alarms, new door locks and stuff like that. I don't need it immediately but I need it next month.

If you can get me a box of mud aka joint compound and a DeWalt cordless drill I will install the smoke detectors door locks and fix all the holes. Just pick me up I will work for free. but we are even on the art loan. :smokin

Did LJ ever get the Pm about the next art show? You see how I was robbed that 1st place and Third place was not difficult, mine was better I thought.

mouse
07-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Kori this Alonso vato does moving also! :tu

Is he going to be able to log on with my 911 screen name with me logged on as mouse? I got a text from him saying he can't log on.

I wish you had pics of the house. I have some cool Landscape 3D software I want to break in.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Kori this Alonso vato does moving also! :tu

Is he going to be able to log on with my 911 screen name with me logged on as mouse? I got a text from him saying he can't log on.

I wish you had pics of the house. I have some cool Landscape 3D software I want to break in.

He should be able to log in on 911 even when you are logged in on Mouse.

We aren't moving until end of September. Right now the house is having some remodeling done. I will take some pictures soon and post.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 09:06 PM
If you can get me a box of mud aka joint compound and a DeWalt cordless drill I will install the smoke detectors door locks and fix all the holes. Just pick me up I will work for free. but we are even on the art loan. :smokin

Did LJ ever get the Pm about the next art show? You see how I was robbed that 1st place and Third place was not difficult, mine was better I thought.

Okay, I will let you know next month about the handyman work. We have some stuff we need done at our current house and the new house.

07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Well right now it's not fancy. It's just a big, empty cement hole.
this is alonso im already in

Bigzax
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Congrats and God bless you both with your new home!

Susan Boyle
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope you let me sing at the first gtg!

manufan10
07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
And before everyone recommends it, we don't want to rent a back-hoe and smash it/fill the hole ourselves.

LAZY! :p: :lol

J/K

PakiDan
07-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Kori, did you guys move???? I don't remember a hill nor a swimming pool....

PakiDan
07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not right around the corner from you guys anymore!????? I suddenly feel cold and alone.

Kori Ellis
07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
We haven't moved yet.

We are moving in late September to Hill Country Village. Right now, we are doing some minor remodeling on the house and getting rid of the pool before we move in.

RashoFan
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
a sledge hammer and a 5 min conversation with my ex= pool demo in no time....
on a serious note, let me know if you need anything Kori and LJ.

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
why dont u guys flip the pool upside down...then you have urself a bunker....

of can grow some of that smack grass hydro setup....

exstatic
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM

Your parents are to be commended for raising a profoundly retarded child.

Slydragon
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM

:lol

Susan Boyle
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM
That bunker may not be a bad Idea come 2012!

PakiDan
07-26-2009, 11:14 PM
We haven't moved yet.

We are moving in late September to Hill Country Village. Right now, we are doing some minor remodeling on the house and getting rid of the pool before we move in.

Ahhh... I feel sad. Living near Kori and LJ provided a weird sense of comfort.

manufan10
07-27-2009, 12:23 AM

:lmao

manufan10
07-27-2009, 12:24 AM

:lol

Put down the beer. Step away from the computer. :p:

Andy Everett
07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Good luck Kori and congrats on the house! :tu

JudynTX
07-27-2009, 08:15 AM
We haven't moved yet.

:( Why are you getting rid of the pool?

Congrats on the new house.

Sportcamper
07-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I would be surprised if an in ground gunite pool can be removed & filled with earth to the specified compaction rating for under 5k…In So Cal this operation is done with an engineer measuring the compaction of the soil as the job is being done…Often times people find that it is cheaper to spend 30k to completely overhaul the pool than it is to remove & fill the hole...Do your homework & get the proper permits…

http://www.swimming-pool-removal.com/

101A
07-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks.

I know lots of guys like that.

They're all called, "Husband".

Alex Jones
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
LJ runs various websites and is constantly gathering fresh new information on the Spurs and you want him to grab a pair of gloves and do some work that is normally done by a high school drop out pot smoking middle age loser like mouse?

Do you see Jim Rome, or Don Harris on a ladder fixing their gutters? Men who are successful like LJ and Bill Gates hire people to do manual labor. I would be very surprised if LJ even gives Kori oral pleasure, I would think he would just sub that work out to an unemployed tuna fisherman.

Tom,Dick&Harry
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
We love mouse's accounting sysytem. :lol Wish we could solve our debts this easily.