View Full Version : Mavs vs. Spurs, April 7 Official Game Blog

SLOVENIAN 8
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Mavs Game Previews In English
By Matt Pinto, Mavericks television play-by-play announcer

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/matchup/English_Previews.html
Matt Pinto
Mavs vs. Spurs, April 7
Having secured their fifth consecutive playoff appearance and their fifth 50 win season in succession already, the Mavericks enter their final eight regular season games with a small handful of priorities. Beating the Southwest Division leading San Antonio Spurs is among them!

The 50-24 Mavs get their final shot Thursday night (April 7 at 7pm CT) at American Airlines Center. Dallas is 0-3 this season against its chief rival to the south, but will be favored to break through in this one because the Spurs will be without Tim Duncan due to a tender right ankle. Although this game carries minimal meaning in the standings or in regard to overall impact on playoff seeding (the Spurs are pretty much cemented as the number two seed and winner of the division, the Mavs locked into the fourth spot in the West), it could have an impact on the Mavericks psyche should these two work their way through the treacherous post season minefield in the West and hook up again in the Conference Finals.

What’s been the problem for the Mavericks this season versus the Spurs? Cracking their defense consistently. Dallas has hit a measly 42% of its shots from the field, just 33% on threes against San Antonio in managing to average 88 ppg. Dirk Nowitzki’s been the only Mavericks player to come close to matching his per game scoring average as he’s delivered strong numbers of 26.7ppg and 12.7rpg. The other area of concern in this match-up has been Erick Dampier’s overall ineffectiveness against the Spurs. He’s played in two of the three previous games managing 3.5ppg, 4.5rpg and just one blocked shot in the two contests. It would be nice to see Damp show strong in this game. The specific results of the three prior encounters; Spurs 94-80 in San Antonio November 24, San Antonio 107-89 in Dallas November 30, and 98-95 January 14 at the SBC Center.

The Mavericks will be sufficiently rested for this clash, working nicely in an every other day pattern of scheduling at the moment. San Antonio will be laboring on the second night of a back-to-back sequence, having played the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday night at home.

Let’s get to the starting line-up match-ups. Point guard play is always key in collisions of titans and this game will be no different. Spurs starter Tony Parker has gotten the measure of the Mavs tandem of Jason Terry and Devin Harris in the three previous encounters with Dallas. He’s averaged 15ppg and 7apg, while coming up with just under 2 steals per game. As always, the Mavs lead guards must do all that they can to keep Parker from breaking down their team defense off the dribble by penetrating the lane. Encouraging signs from both Terry and Harris in the lead-in act to this one, the two combined for 22 points, 15 assists, 6 rebounds and 6 steals in Tuesday’s triumph over Orlando. If Terry can come close to duplicating his solid 18 point, 13 assist outing it will go a long way towards leading Dallas to a break-through victory over the Spurs.

Spurs shooting guard Manu Ginobili is showing signs of wear and fatigue at this point in the season. He’s an electrifying dynamo that can change the game at both ends of the floor and is the catalyst that often sparks San Antonio’s overall effort. Because he plays such a vital role in the Spurs attack expect Josh Howard to be assigned to handle him defensively. Howard did great work shadowing Steve Francis Tuesday night, while delivering a strong 15 points offensively. He has the athleticism and degree of intensity at both ends to keep Ginobili on his toes.

That leaves Michael Finley and Bruce Bowen to battle at the other swing spot. The two are hardly best buddies and will again do battle in a contentious meeting of games. Bowen’s notorious for pushing the envelope to agitate opposing players, while Fin’s become pretty much a catch and shoot offensive player. This match-up is always fun to watch.

Up front in the absence of Duncan, crafty veteran Robert Horry’s been starting at power forward. He’s a far cry from the polished low-post force that Duncan is but he is resilient, rebounds and will defend to no end. Dirk Nowitzki’s struggled to get going at times in the past against him and Dirk will be playing through soreness in his right knee and ankle in this one.

The center match-up of Rasho Nesterovic and Erick Dampier might be pivotal to this game’s outcome. Nesterovic is no great shakes, but his offensive rebounding has really hurt the Mavericks this season. Damp has increased his minutes load by the game since his return three games back from an extended stay on the injured list and will look to continue building confidence and cohesiveness with his teammates in this one. He needs to play well against this individual foe and this specific team with an eye on the playoffs.

Off the bench, the Mavericks have a decided edge over San Antonio given the absence of scoring guard Devin Brown (sore back). The Spurs offer versatile guard Brent Barry, rookie point guard Beno Udrih, former Knick and Hawk Nazr Mohammed and new free agent signee Glenn Robinson. Udrih and Barry can be formidable shooters if the Mavericks allow them open looks. But the ‘Big Dog’ and Mohammed don’t figure to do much damage here. The Mavericks will continue leaning on Jerry Stackhouse and Keith Van Horn as primary bench contributors. Both should play well in this game. Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels will get their shots backing up Terry at the point.

Conditions seem favorable for the Mavericks to avoid the season series sweep against the Spurs. San Antonio’s roster’s injury depleted, the Spurs will be playing the second night of a back to back and the Mavericks are very motivated. But it will take a strong physical and mental 48 minute effort for Dallas to persevere. The Mavs will need to play smart basketball throughout, get solid interior performances from Dampier, Nowitzki and Van Horn and manage the game effectively which comes down to point guard play and the duel between Tony Parker and Jason Terry. San Antonio lacks the overall fire power to hang with the Mavs at American Airlines Center in a shoot-out, so the Spurs will look to control tempo and pick their spots to run and get easy baskets. If Dallas can win the battle of the boards and keep the pressure on San Antonio’s defense throughout it should be in good shape at night’s end.

Although there is an anti-climactic feel to this game given the circumstances that surround it, don’t be surprised to see it get heated as both teams are keenly aware that they could be squaring off not to far down the road with much more at stake.

boutons
04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
"Dallas has hit a measly 42% of its shots from the field"

If the Spurs would have caught such a good measles vs Lakers last May, Spur would be current NBA champions.

This writer should worry when the Mavs offense starts turning in Spurs-style game FG %ages of 35%, or less.

Jdspur20
04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
ok, this is random, but Slovenian, what the hell is rasho doing in that sig. you have :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
04-07-2005, 01:33 PM
ok, this is random, but Slovenian, what the hell is rasho doing in that sig. you have :lol

watch this and you will see LINK (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/SLO_NBA_EN.wmv)

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-07-2005, 02:21 PM
mavs.would like nothing more than to blowout the SPURS by 25+ or more,but I am talking about the mavs.we have an excuse everytime they lose to the SPURS.tonight excuse we had a bad game or blame the refs.SPURS WIN BY 15+

Karl Mundt
04-07-2005, 02:36 PM

He just hit a free throw. :spin

SLOVENIAN 8
04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
He just hit a free throw. :spin

from the half court

kskonn
04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Glenn Robinson will step up tonight. he will be fresh and eager to prove that his clipps performance was not a fluke.

Troll
04-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Finally I can talk Mavs and spurs and not have 5 wannabe moderators telling me this is not a Mavs board yada yada yada...

Tonight will prove my point about your typical Spurs fan If Spurs win tonight? which they won't You will hear this..." I told you the Mavericks are no match for the Spurs and will never be"

If the Spurs Lose? which they will you will hear "This game means nothing it's not even the playoffs and besides Tim Duncan is not 100% yet" yada yada yada.....

All I heard when the Dirk went down in the semi finals from spur fans was...This is no excuse, a true champion will find way to win. Let's see if the Spur fans practice what they preach, Don't hold your breath...

The bottom-line is this is the year of the mighty mighty Dallas Maverick and after tonight the world will see including that one horse no NFL team having San Antonio that With AJ and Horn A new Champion is born.........................

Mavericks 120 Spurs 89

GO MAVS GO

Mighty Mouse is in the house...

http://www.mailbling.com/heat3.jpg

Ishta
04-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I think he will do as well as last night. If he does, all the better for us, and him...

SLOVENIAN 8
04-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Mavericks 120 Spurs 89 :lol :lol

kskonn
04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
I think he will do as well as last night. If he does, all the better for us, and him...

Yea I agree, i just think he will get more minutes since it is a back to back therefore having a little bit better numbers

kskonn
04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Finally I can talk Mavs and spurs and not have 5 wannabe moderators telling me this is not a Mavs board yada yada yada...

Tonight will prove my point about your typical Spurs fan If Spurs win tonight? which they won't You will hear this..." I told you the Mavericks are no match for the Spurs and will never be"

If the Spurs Lose? which they will you will hear "This game means nothing it's not even the playoffs and besides Tim Duncan is not 100% yet" yada yada yada.....

All I heard when the Dirk went down in the semi finals from spur fans was...This is no excuse, a true champion will find way to win. Let's see if the Spur fans practice what they preach, Don't hold your breath...

The bottom-line is this is the year of the mighty mighty Dallas Maverick and after tonight the world will see including that one horse no NFL team having San Antonio that With AJ and Horn A new Champion is born.........................

Mavericks 120 Spurs 89

GO MAVS GO

Mighty Mouse is in the house...

http://www.mailbling.com/heat3.jpg

I will definitely think that the mavericks are no contest in the playoffs if they lose tonight. If I were a mavericks fan ( I root for them just not when they play the spurs) I would want them to come out and do what phoenix failed to do with the spurs. Prove that if we are without are star and a key bench player that we are no match for the Mavericks. what do you think?

Ishta
04-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Well... The more minutes he gets, the more it'll benefit him by learning the Spurs system etc. It'll also give some of our guys some rest! All around this might just turn out to be a great move on managements part if last night was a true example of what he can do. Let's hope it was:spin

kskonn
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Well... The more minutes he gets, the more it'll benefit him by learning the Spurs system etc. It'll also give some of our guys some rest! All around this might just turn out to be a great move on managements part if last night was a true example of what he can do. Let's hope it was:spin

I agree

when you think about it it was the perfect move at the time. With the injuries they can actually play him to see what he has. if he has got something, BONUS, we got something for almost nothing. If he flops get rid of his ass who cares. Aweome move by management.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-07-2005, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Troll]Finally I can talk Mavs and spurs and not have 5 wannabe moderators telling me this is not a Mavs board yada yada yada...

CLOSE QUOTE

I hope you enjoyed writing this post a great deal, because it is going to be flung in your face for eternity. Just ask LakerGod.

Ishta
04-07-2005, 05:59 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Tonight...Tony goes off, expect big games from manu, brent, and one guy over 6'8. Spurs win it in slugfest.

wildbill2u
04-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Glenn Robinson will step up tonight. he will be fresh and eager to prove that his clipps performance was not a fluke.

At Glenn's age and lack of conditioning, you don't bounce back as easily on a back to back. I don't think Pop will dare give him as much time tonight--and doubt if the Big Dog will howl very loud about it. :lol

timvp
04-07-2005, 06:50 PM
This would be a huge win and would pretty much win the division.

It would also be the Spurs fifth victory over the Mavs this season, counting the preseason.

:smokin

boutons
04-07-2005, 06:50 PM
"you don't bounce back as easily on a back to back"

Hey, WB2U, are you dyslexic? Glen played 13 minutes last night, not 31 minutes. :)

kskonn
04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
"you don't bounce back as easily on a back to back"

Hey, WB2U, are you dyslexic? Glen played 13 minutes last night, not 31 minutes. :)

exactly and he has not played all year, he is fresh and determined. I think he gets 15-20 tonight of good minutes.

Experiment2100
04-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Manu is warming up.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
What channel is everyone watching it on? I'm from Austin so I only get TNT.

Experiment2100
04-07-2005, 07:35 PM
YES Barry got clocked in the head

Banjo Boy
04-07-2005, 07:35 PM
looks like the spurs are getting bent over the drift wood and having to squeal like a pig...

Inbred
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Funny how you don't see any Spur fans posting tonight...

Maybe there is no such thing as a Spurs fan..........

Carnie
04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the keith van Horn show.............

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Nesterovic is keeping us in the game!!!

travis2
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Maaaaaaaarks!!!!

Experiment2100
Shawn F#$%%^ Marks Monster slam

boutons
This KIWI can FLY

The KILLER KEEWWEEE!!!

Holy shit!!

Aunt Jemima
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
To bad many of you said marks sucked...

Gerryatrics
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Dunk of the year :fro That was insane.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
marks and1 dunk of the year

xcoriate
04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Who was it on?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
glenn robinson is goign to score 30 points tonight

ducks
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
manu needs to get in shape next year

xcoriate
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I'll take the contradictory point of view and say he doesn't

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 07:57 PM
the mavericks are controlling the tempo of this game

we are not playing spurs basketball

Manu20
04-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Pop is furious at horry for taking that quick shot.

boutons
04-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Spurs can't shoot for shit, damn. Is it really that hard?

33 fucking percent through 18 minutes. missed layups, missed short jumpers, missed FTs.

ain't gonna win if they can't put it in the hole, dammit

Spurs playing tough defense, if they could just score, they would win.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 08:13 PM
2 points for big dog!!!!

i know this is such a lame thing to say, but i think its true

spurs get the CRAPPIEST calls every time they play in dallas
not one out of bounds call goes our way ever
each time any of their guys just jumps under the basket with the ball gets to the line

and they call fouls after the miss (like just now, dirk falls down and ball rims out, then they blow the whistle)

erick dampier is going to get like 15 points from the line i bet

Ginofan
04-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Crapfest so far...we are letting the Mavs control everything, we need some better D from our bigs (Horry & Marks) We are letting Dirk run all over us.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 08:17 PM
jeeze i hate rasho
he just proved his worthlessness on both sides of the floor

mouse
04-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Watching fair weather spur fans melt down is Priceless :lmao

Ginofan
04-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Watching Mav fans wet themselves over a win without Tim Duncan and Devin Brown is priceless.

adrienne
04-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Mouse, it's a little soon for boasting, isn't it?:)

It's only a 10 point lead, things can change in an instant.

And yeah...that Marks dunk was sweet, even if it was on my boys.

mouse
04-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Watching Mav fans wet themselves over a win without Tim Duncan and Devin Brown is priceless.

^RACK^ :smokin

Wet? try tsunami..........:lamo

TDfan2007
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
After @ Houston, the worst 1st half of the season, simply disgusting :vomit

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Watching fair weather spur fans melt down is Priceless :lmao
While the ball is in your court, you may be speaking too soon! How do you like your turkey mouse? The "mighty Mavericks didn't even reach 50 points 1st half!

Ginofan
04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Okay seriously WTF Manu had already walked WAY AWAY when that WORTHLESS double T was assessed. This is a hose job if I ever saw one!

adrienne
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
we have an excuse everytime they lose to the SPURS.tonight excuse we had a bad game or blame the refs.

Okay seriously WTF Manu had already walked WAY AWAY when that WORTHLESS double T was assessed. This is a hose job if I ever saw one!

Hmmm...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
thats what im talking about cuban paid off the refs or something

fucking benefactor

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Spurs shooting 39 percent! :throwupsp

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
We're beating ourselves. It sure ain't the Mavs. Referees maybe, but not the Mavs!

timvp
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
This is going to take a huge effort to get close. The shots aren't going in and the team looks tired. Winning this game would be like the time the USA beating the USSR on ice.

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:31 PM
CIA Pop mailed in 1st half to give Mavs false security!

timvp
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Parker is going to have to go off in the third quarter. Ginobili is going to have to hit some shots.

One of the Spurs' big guys are going to have to do something.

Or else, it could get ugly.

xcoriate
04-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Spurs shooting 39 percent!

The refs didnt do that!

Blaming the refs is a cop out.

mouse
Mouse, it's a little soon for boasting, isn't it?:)

I have yet to boast ...besides I called this game before the season even started, when will you support your team? Round II?

It's only a 10 point lead, things can change in an instant.

You sound like you want the Mavericks to lose....

And yeah...that Marks dunk was sweet, even if it was on my boys.

What boys? according to you a 10 point lead is not enough.......

Ginofan
Hmmm...

It's not an excuse, but that was ridiculous. You haven't won yet.

boutons
04-07-2005, 08:35 PM
cut the fucking melo-drama. cut the excuses.

I really, really tired of the tired shit.

Spurs had 3 days rest before last night. minutes were spread around generously.

Spurs hustling on defense shows they aren't tired. just hit their open, short shots, and it's a whole different game. right now, the Spurs won't break 70 pts.

This poor shooting team hysteria has to stop. It was insane vs Lakers last May. It's a mental, softness problem, not a physical, legs problem. Get tough, or go fishing.

The Mavs are NOT the problem.

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
The refs didnt do that!

Where did I say the refs caused them to shoot 39 percent????

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
cut the fucking melo-drama. cut the excuses.

I really, really tired of the tired shit.

Spurs had 3 days rest before last night. minutes were spread around generously.

Spurs hustling on defense shows they aren't tired. just hit their open, short shots, and it's a whole different game. right now, the Spurs won't break 70 pts.

This poor shooting team hysteria has to stop. It was insane vs Lakers last May. It's a mental, softness problem, not a physical, legs problem. Get tough, or go fishing.

The Mavs are NOT the problem.
The truth in a nutshell!

xcoriate
04-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Where did I say the refs caused them to shoot 39 percent????

Sorry that came across wrong. It wasnt directed at you

my bad :)

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Sorry that came across wrong. It wasnt directed at you

my bad :)
Sorry also .....just upset at bad shooting by whole team. They have got to quit doing this or they will never win another road game.

mouse
04-07-2005, 08:47 PM
The refs didnt do that!

^RACK^ I hate when that Jason fag on the ticket does the same thing.

Good to see a Spur fan man up for once...

The bomb has arrived..........

http://www.david.webstylists.com/batmanbomb.gif

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
nice box out rasho

adrienne
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
It's not an excuse, but that was ridiculous. You haven't won yet.

I didn't say we had, I was the one saying that Mouse was badmouthing a bit early.

And of course I don't want them to lose mouse, but the Spurs, if you hadn't noticed, are a pretty decent team and I seem to remember a 27 point lead in the fourth that wasn't safe once upon a time...

I'm liking how the game is going a lot more in the last few minutes though.:)

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I hate to say it, but the problems are two and their name are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

Ginofan
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Might as well just sit Manu, he isn't doing crap.

adrienne
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
You guys must like having Kerr working for TNT....this commentating is amazingly pro-San Antonio.

dn0
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
manu can't hit a free throws , barry in.

Ginofan
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
You guys must like having Kerr working for TNT....this commentating is amazingly pro-San Antonio.

Actually steve is annoying me to no end. I've muted the game several times already :lol

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
The way its going on, we should spell Dallas with a capital D.

dn0
04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
okay the mavs are making the spurs look like amateurs..

Jdspur20
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
once again, we will hear the mavs bandwagginers for the next couple of months after this game, and then, after they loose in the playoffs once again, they will fade away like a fart in the wind. :smokin

Manu20
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Spurs down by 30.
I hope that the spurs at least make it respectable.

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
You just want Cuban to yell out "Varsity...Varsity" Gotta love it!

E20
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
We're gonna probably score 58 points the whole game. Spurs are playing so pathetic right now.

leemajors
04-07-2005, 09:10 PM
damn i thought that game last week was the worst spurs game i have ever seen. i thought ginobli was gonna sit the second half of back to backs? and they should get parker out of there

dougp
04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
I hope Van Horn breaks his fuckin neck, what a pussy.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Why can't they do this on a game that is not on national television?!?!?!?

EasilyAmused
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
What a nightmare :bang

boutons
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I expect the Spurs will continue the descending pts by qtr and get under 10 pts in the 4th.

Tonight has nothing to do with Tim's absence. Take away Nash, or Shaq, or Dirk, and those teams don't suck as bad the these Spurs.

Gerryatrics
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
And to top it all off this has to be the game where I bet almost all my vBookie cash on a Spurs win or at least keeping it close. I hope Bones at some point throws a haymaker at Van Horn, it wouldn't make up for the horrific loss tonight, but at least I'd get some entertainment from the game.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Well at least now were only down by freakin 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
This one is so sad that it's funny.

mouse
While the ball is in your court, you may be speaking too soon! How do you like your turkey mouse? The "mighty Mavericks didn't even reach 50 points 1st half!

Brah.....before you start swinging from the shower rod just remember it's not the playoffs, Your team is getting there arse handed to them just take your medicine and

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/sprurs-eat-crow1.jpg

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Whatever criticism comes from fans of other teams is well deserved! The Spurs have no one to blame but themselves. What an embarrasment. This has to be an all time low.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
once again, we will hear the mavs bandwagginers for the next couple of months after this game, and then, after they loose in the playoffs once again, they will fade away like a fart in the wind. :smokin

No Biggie. When SA is hoisting the LOB Trophy at the end of the year, no one will care about this game.

Sides, assuming we lose this game, we will still have one the season series, right?

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Congrats to the Mavs for handing the Spurs an ass whupping. How's that Mouse?

King
04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
There's no point in trying to figure out what went wrong, or what can be changed. Some games are just like that.

Mavs are playing lights out, Spurs are not.

When's the next game?

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Congrats to the Mavs for handing the Spurs an ass whupping
During a meaningless home game.

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:28 PM
No Biggie. When SA is hoisting the LOB Trophy at the end of the year, no one will care about this game.

Sides, assuming we lose this game, we will still have one the season series, right?

No assuming, you are going to lose this game. The Spurs have now proven they really need Duncan to comeback ASAP.

Manu20
04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I hope the spurs meet the Mavs in the playoffs with a healty Tim Duncan.
Pay back will be a bitch.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
No assuming, you are going to lose this game. The Spurs have now proven they really need Duncan to comeback ASAP.

^I didn't see you making that statement when we beat Seattle and Houston.

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes, but Spurs have lost their last 5 road games. Considering they won't have HC advantage throughout the playoffs/Finals, I'm not too confident in them.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 09:31 PM

Proven!? Everyone has alredy known that we arnt an elite team without Tim.
I mean hes the best player in the game today! Of course we are not the same w/out him.

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Can Nazr go 2 minutes without fouling? He's played 6 minutes and has 3 fouls.

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Kinda like J O'neal huh Pooh! :flipoff

ShoogarBear
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey, I heard the Spurs were playing tonight. But I just see a Mavs scrimmage on TNT.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, but Spurs have lost their last 5 road games. Considering they won't have HC advantage throughout the playoffs/Finals, I'm not too confident in them

Don't worry the Spurs (mark my words) do not need HCA in the playoffs, they've got more playoff experience than just about all of these clowns.

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Kinda like J O'neal huh Pooh! :flipoff

No...Indy is 12-5 since O'Neal's injury. They've learned how to play with their superstar player(s) out.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
No...Indy is 12-5 since O'Neal's injury. They've learned how to play with their superstar player(s) out.

Well Oneal is NOT AT ALL a Tim Duncan.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey, I heard the Spurs were playing tonight. But I just see a Mavs scrimmage on TNT.
Sad but true :depressed

No...Indy is 12-5 since O'Neal's injury. They've learned how to play with their superstar player(s) out

Yeah thanks to my boy Sjax, you bastards!!

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
60-89 with just under 6 min to play. Spurs shooting at 34%, Mavs at 54%, this game is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Way to step it up Tony and Manu :)

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
It hasn't been just Jax, it's been Reggie and the others finally playing together as a team.

The Spurs need homecourt advantage throughout. 19-16 (17 after tonight) on the road, should tell you that.

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:39 PM

2 words. EASTERN CONFERENCE. Aside from Heat and Pistons (depending on whether they decided to show up that night) you have no competition.

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:39 PM
It's official! Nazr SUCKS!!!!!!!

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
2 words. EASTERN CONFERENCE. Aside from Heat and Pistons (depending on whether they decided to show up that night) you have no competition.

Wins during that stretch came over the World Champion Pistons and the Spurs....

mouse
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Congrats to the Mavs for handing the Spurs an ass whupping. How's that Mouse?

That is more than I expected, Really...

to bad your only one of many sports fan that can take a loss..

I shall Rack you my man.........

see you in the playoffs...

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Slomos-wall-2.jpg

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
The Spurs need homecourt advantage throughout. 19-16 (17 after tonight) on the road, should tell you that.

Tell that to L.A. last year
Regular season=Regular season
Playoffs=Playoffs

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 09:42 PM
see you in the playoffs...

Indirectly or directly, either way we shall see you there.

ca®lo
04-07-2005, 09:45 PM
cant believe i fucking woke up early for this game. what a blowout. absolutely nothing to cheer for.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 09:46 PM
"This means nothing"
TD (according to Gray)

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:47 PM
I guess it's only fitting that Pooh can only take pleasure in another team's misery cause his Mighty Pacers ain't delivering any gold this year! Or any other year for that matter! :lol

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I guess it's only fitting that Pooh can only take pleasure in another team's misery cause his Mighty Pacers ain't delivering any gold this year! Or any other year for that matter! :lol

I'm glad you know so much...cause you don't. Indy is on a roll right now and with O'Neal coming back for the playoffs, who knows? Considering how they had to overcome so much, just making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Which is why I think Carlisle should be Coach of the year.

ca®lo
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
oh and by btw. NAZR SUCKS

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Mavs just wanted it more. They weren't about to let the Spurs weep the season series. Loss is a loss. Spurs really need to learn how to get it done on the road, they have now lost their past 6 road games I believe. And playing without Tim Duncan is no excuse for such blowouts as the one against Denver and here tonight.

Final Score: 68-104. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!

1Parker1
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Considering how they had to overcome so much, just making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Which is why I think Carlisle should be Coach of the year.

Is it Carlisle's coaching or Reggie Miller's stepping back to his youth and playing like he's 27 again?

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Spurs really need to learn how to get it done on the road, And playing without Tim Duncan is no excuse for such blowouts as the one against Denver and here tonight.

Final Score: 68-104. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!

Exactly 1parker1

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm glad you know so much...cause you don't. Indy is on a roll right now and with O'Neal coming back for the playoffs, who knows? Considering how they had to overcome so much, just making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Which is why I think Carlisle should be Coach of the year.
Yeah Right.....like you're going to be author of the year! (Breaking news.......huge traffic jam near I-10 & Huebner caused by everyone trying to get a copy of Pooh's book) :lol

mouse
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok let's hear the excuses..............

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Rack.jpg

Tek_XX
Wow, what a horrible game from pretty much every player and the coaching staff. It's hard for me to believe that one man stands between us being one of the best to one of the worst.

Nazr belongs on the end of the bench.

ducks
you do realize the spurs are the 4 best road team this year

pooh
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah Right.....like you're going to be author of the year! (Breaking news.......huge traffic jam near I-10 & Huebner caused by everyone trying to get a copy of Pooh's book) :lol

Matter of fact...yes! Deal with and accept it.

One of these days you'll do something like that and know what it's like. Until then...just accept it.

Tek_XX
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
On the bright side we'll probably get sweet sweet payback against both Denver and Dallas, keep talking mouse

ducks
04-07-2005, 10:00 PM
spurs were 19-11 on the road before duncan went out
they do not suck on the road

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Matter of fact...yes! Deal with and accept it.

One of these days you'll do something like that and know what it's like. Until then...just accept it.
Not likely Pooh......I moved out of mom & dad's house and faced the real world 44 years ago. As far as doing something, Ill put my career up against yours anyday. I've accomplished it and retired already! Eat your heart out!

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Ok let's hear the excuses..............

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Rack.jpg

No excuses. We sucked tonight. Just gotta put it behind and keep playin.

ducks
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
back to back games suck

pooh
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Not likely Pooh......I moved out of mom & dad's house and faced the real world 44 years ago. As far as doing something, Ill put my career up against yours anyday. I've accomplished it and retired already! Eat your heart out!

Yeah right...*yawner* just bring it.

Hook Dem
04-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah right...*yawner* just bring it.
I expected more from you Pooh. Sucks to be wrong doesn't it? :lol

whottt
04-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I blame Duncan's injury.

Manu is also injured.

Pop trying to break new guys into the rotation.

Second night of a back to back during a brutal part of the schedule.

Oh and most importantly the refs handed the game to the Mavs.

But, no excuses...the Mavs won :)

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Sorry there really are no excuses, if we lost by ten maybe, twenty possibly, but thirty? We just straight did not show the fuck up, period. Kudos Mavs you beat a team that straight up didn't show, I can only hope ya'll didn't except anything less. As for the loss I think this could be the wake up call some of these guys needed, I wouldn't be surprised if Pop has lost his voice by tomorrow, there's going to be a lot of yelling on the plane ride home.

mouse
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Posters don't post ...............Callers don't call...............

This is why I dove off your fence riding spurs wagon.......... :lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-on-pc.jpg

Spurs košarka kultura
04-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh and one observation if I may, Nazr needs to get the fuck off the playoff roster. At this point Marks is straight out-playing that stiff.

boutons
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
"Second night of a back to back during a brutal part of the schedule."

Well, we're off to a great start of this 6-games-in-8-days, aren't we? After the first win @SBC, the Spurs are too exhausted to remember how to play basketball?

If the Spurs fans play the "tired" card tonight, the "refs" card, they better be holding a full hand of tired cards, they'll will have to play them all. 1-7 for this stretch?

Fuck the "missing Tim", fuck the "tired", these Spurs, not one of them, simply can't score for shit, even the simplest, open, point blank shots, layups, yet another game of mid-30's FG %age (the worst shooting team in the NBA averages 42%), and then the 2nd half wasn't even high-school quality ball. Have all the Popovich teams afflicted with such unimaginable, mind-boggling offensive ineptitude?

boutons
04-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Nazr is amazingly bad. He's had enough of a chance to show that he knows how to play basketball, has some skills, some inkling of what's going on.

HE JUST DOESN'T HAVE FUCKING CLUE.

Waive his useless, wasted ass.
Sean and Glenn should get his minutes.
No fucking way this loser is on the playoff roster.

SuBZer0
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I hope Van Horn breaks his fuckin neck, what a pussy.

Yet another one of you people. I don't understand why people are wishing bad on this guy. All right, you hate him, but why hope that he gets injured. Whoever does that is a vindictive bastard.

This is a quote regarding Juwan Howard from someone in this forum after it was revealed that he had a heart ailment

"it'd be better if he broke his shoulder...."

WTF?? It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too.

mouse
04-07-2005, 11:11 PM
"Second night of a back to back during a brutal part of the schedule."

Well, we're off to a great start of this 6-games-in-8-days, aren't we? After the first win @SBC, the Spurs are too exhausted to remember how to play basketball?

If the Spurs fans play the "tired" card tonight, the "refs" card, they better be holding a full hand of tired cards, they'll will have to play them all. 1-7 for this stretch?

Fuck the "missing Tim", fuck the "tired", these Spurs, not one of them, simply can't score for shit, even the simplest, open, point blank shots, layups, yet another game of mid-30's FG %age (the worst shooting team in the NBA averages 42%), and then the 2nd half wasn't even high-school quality ball. Have all the Popovich teams afflicted with such unimaginable, mind-boggling offensive ineptitude?

Spurs fan melt down in 3...................2.........................
http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/g_l/levine/bomb/hiro1.gif

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 11:18 PM
first of all we need to chill, they threw the game away. it was obvious they werent trying to win in the 2nd quarter. good job mavs you finally beat us, we still got the better record and have beat yall three times this year. yall were the ones crying two years ago when yall started 16-0 then fell amazingly apart. yeah, we're not bandwagon. you lose by 36 and of course ya gonna get mad. we still got this

Jdspur20
04-07-2005, 11:57 PM
watch this and you will see LINK (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/SLO_NBA_EN.wmv)

hey slovenian, in that link you posted, and in the middle of the interview, they show footage of a picture thats framed writen in slovenian, what does that say???

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 12:01 AM
they show footage of a picture thats framed writen in slovenian, what does that say???

It's the "pounding the rock" quote in Slovenian. That's in the Spurs' locker room -- it's in a lot of different languages.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Rasho shoots too much.

pooh
04-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I expected more from you Pooh. Sucks to be wrong doesn't it? :lol

Nope...sucks to be this damned good and know it.

"Don't Believe just do it."

nzkickass
04-08-2005, 01:32 AM
anyone have video of Sean's MONSTER DUNK ? I want to see it

mouse
04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
I didn't say we had, I was the one saying that Mouse was badmouthing a bit early.

man you always end up in some sort of controversy :lmao

And of course I don't want them to lose mouse, but the Spurs, if you hadn't noticed, are a pretty decent team and I seem to remember a 27 point lead in the fourth that wasn't safe once upon a time...

The same way the spur fans don't like to live in the past , then we need not to also.

I'm liking how the game is going a lot more in the last few minutes though.:)

I knew you would come around.. :smokin