PDA

View Full Version : What the Mavs need to win a Title

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 10:43 AM
1) A center who can block shots and has some offensive game, and can run the floor well

2) A Point Guard with speed who can drive into the teeth of the defense and consistently score, or find the open man

3) An athletic Two-Guard....Even though Marion will probably be put at the 3 and Howard at the 2, they need someone else besides Dirk to be the closer....In 2010, Joe Johnson would work perfectly, don't know their cap situation, but probably no room to spend much in 2010

exstatic
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
A fucking miracle.

Thompson
07-26-2009, 10:54 AM
A fucking miracle.

:lol +1

Spurs_210
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
All Mav hate aside I think if they had a serious post player with Dirk spreading the floor they would be a very tough team. Imagine if Dirk and Duncan team up....

Hemotivo
07-26-2009, 11:01 AM
http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/bowen.jpg

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Tim Duncan.

But, only if a back hoe can get his roots loose from the earth. He took root like two years ago.

redzero
07-26-2009, 11:03 AM
They need heart.

http://mediaenvironment.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/heart.jpg

Spurs_210
07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Makes you wonder if the Mavs FO really know to build a team cause its pretty obvious that a post player is needed.

BlackSwordsMan
07-26-2009, 11:05 AM
avery johnson back

carrao45
07-26-2009, 11:07 AM
A better 1st 2nd and 3rd best players

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM
what they need is what they traded last season to the nets lmao

FAIL.

Sausage
07-26-2009, 11:51 AM
They need an owner who knows what he's doing.

ulosturedge
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
A team that knows how to close out a Final?

mavsfan1000
07-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Makes you wonder if the Mavs FO really know to build a team cause its pretty obvious that a post player is needed.
Drew Gooden is a post player but it's obvious they need a post player and defense at center. How many players are good at both?

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Tim Duncan.

I'd rather not have a chronically injured 30 something big on one knee. Thanks.

Beast Juice
07-26-2009, 01:25 PM
1) A center who can block shots and has some offensive game, and can run the floor well

2) A Point Guard with speed who can drive into the teeth of the defense and consistently score, or find the open man

3) An athletic Two-Guard....Even though Marion will probably be put at the 3 and Howard at the 2, they need someone else besides Dirk to be the closer....In 2010, Joe Johnson would work perfectly, don't know their cap situation, but probably no room to spend much in 2010

1. Tim Duncan

2. Tony Parker

3. Manu Ginobili

DxB
07-26-2009, 01:26 PM
A fucking miracle.

Word hahahah

DJB
07-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Gregg Poppovich.

DJB
07-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd rather not have a chronically injured 30 something big on one knee. Thanks.

You know what the funny thing is?? You actually totally do no matter how much you deny it. :lol

And that 30 year old on one knee still averaged 20 and 10 last year, it seems people tend to forget.

BadOdor
07-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Lol, spurs thinking there's something special about their franchise. The truth is they tanked for the number 1 pick and lucked out with the best power forward ever. Once he's gone, it's back to obscurity for them.

DxB
07-26-2009, 01:43 PM
They tanked for the number one pick huh... just like the lakers did to get Magic? Or was that "different"...

haha i shit on laker fans you mafuckas are borderline retarded..

Yuushi12
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
They need heart.

http://mediaenvironment.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/heart.jpg

LOL:lol

Beast Juice
07-26-2009, 01:53 PM
They tanked for the number one pick huh... just like the lakers did to get Magic? Or was that "different"...

haha i shit on laker fans you mafuckas are borderline retarded..

Actually the Lakers recieved New Orleans' first rounder that year when Gail Goodrich signed with the New Orleans Jazz. That first round pick happened to become Magic Johnson.

Sounds like a lot of BS to me though.....when you lose a player through free agency, you shouldn't have to compensate the other team with your draft pick. And btw they got Worthy by trading Don Ford to Cleveland for some shit and their 1st round pick. And that pick "happened" to become another number one pick.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Troy Aikman at the point, Emmett Smith at PF and Michael Irvin...ehhh nvrmind.
They're gonna need serious injuries to the LakeShow and Spurs.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Actually the Lakers recieved New Orleans' first rounder that year when Gail Goodrich signed with the New Orleans Jazz. That first round pick happened to become Magic Johnson.

Ouch!

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Troy Aikman at the point, Emmett Smith at PF and Michael Irvin...ehhh nvrmind.
They're gonna need serious injuries to the LakeShow and Spurs.

At least they don't have to be worried about the Suns in their way.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Lol, spurs thinking there's something special about their franchise. The truth is they tanked for the number 1 pick and lucked out with the best power forward ever. Once he's gone, it's back to obscurity for them.

Odor is correct here. You guys are livin' on borrowed time.

YellowFever
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
1. Tim Duncan

2. Tony Parker

3. Manu Ginobili

The question is what would they need to win a championship.

Not whether they can get out of the first round.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 02:21 PM
^ hayoooooo

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
This thread is dumb and exaggerates how far the Mavs are from a title because djohn is a biachhh. There's many formulas for a title and while those three would be welcomed ALL three are not necessities.

1. Was Kendrick Perkins such a center?
2. Was Derrick Fisher such a PG?
3. The SG HAS to be athletic? Furthermore, who was the "2nd closer" on the Lakers last year? Having one "closer" is fine. The problem for the Mavs is while a decent collection of good players, they're lacking a 2nd all-NBA caliber talent which many of the past NBA Champs have had.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread is dumb and exaggerates how far the Mavs are from a title because djohn is a biachhh. There's many formulas for a title and while those three would be welcomed ALL three are not necessities.

1. Was Kendrick Perkins such a center?
2. Was Derrick Fisher such a PG?
3. The SG HAS to be athletic? Furthermore, who was the "2nd closer" on the Lakers last year? Having one "closer" is fine. The problem for the Mavs is while a decent collection of good players, they're lacking a 2nd all-NBA caliber talent which many of the past NBA Champs have had.

Lost 4-1 to the Nuggets, I exaggerated a hell of alot

FireDavidStern
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM

I know i'm feeding a troll but whatever.

I also see that the idiots are out in full force today. The Spurs have actually been pretty good throughout most of their history. You act like we were the Grizzlies before we got Duncan. We are one of the top 5 run franchises and even after Duncan we will find a way to be a playoff team. Is that a huge step down from being perennial contenders? Yeah. But its not obscurity. And LA isn't run well. You have lucked into Magic, lucked into Kareem being available for junk from the Bucks (btw, the Bucks got Kareem over the Suns because of a coin flip), and lucked into Gasol who brought you to this last championship.

The truth is no one knows what will happen to the Spurs after Duncan leaves. Maybe the FO puts together a Detroit like Championship team (one without a true star), maybe the Spurs become a playoff team in the league, maybe they miss the playoffs for a year or two as they rebuild. And maybe they get lucky again and for the third time draft a Top 15 big man of all time.

Every championship has a degree of luck to it. The Bulls lucked into MJ as Portland passed on him for Bowie and Houston took the Dream. Yall lucked into Kobe actually developing. He was 17 years old and there were no guarantees that he would live up to his potential. You lucked into Shaq turning on the Magic. Miami lucked into having Wade drop to 5th and the refs giving them the series and Dallas choking a 2 game 3 quarter lead. Houston lucked into MJ wanting to play baseball. If you want to you can portray every championship in history in any sport as having to do with luck. So get over it.

Findog
07-26-2009, 02:45 PM
They need heart.

Says the fan of a team that lost a home playoff game 121-63. :lmao

I guess you would recognize lack of heart, since you have to watch it 82 times a year.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Lost 4-1 to the Nuggets, I exaggerated a hell of alot

Yeah, pretty much.

BUMP
07-26-2009, 04:29 PM
If we somehow played the Spurs all 4 rounds we'd win the title

howbouthemspurs
07-26-2009, 04:59 PM
new owner .....duh

21_Blessings
07-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Says the fan of a team that lost a home playoff game 121-63. :lmao

Says the fan of a team that blew a 2-0 finals lead then was ass fucked out of the first round by the 8 seed. :rollin

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 05:09 PM
lol Clippers making the playoffs

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Yeah I agree, if they added Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Joe Johnson, they'd be the best team in the NBA!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Hey mojorizen7 is a cool Suns fan, reserve those comments for da_suns_fan. No need to tell Mojo his team sucks when he already knows it.

Jacob1983
07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
The Mavs need Stern to resign as NBA commish and at average low post scorer. If they had those two things, they would have a championship by now. The Mavs don't need a great low post scorer or an all star one. They just need one that is at least average and can go inside and dominate when it's needed.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 05:35 PM

Says Mr. Obvious.

Rogue
07-26-2009, 05:43 PM

hey bro, you are retarded. I know I shouldn't be feeding your retarded thread and you can never get what I want you to understand, but my sense of responsibility still drives me to figure out your stupidity as I was supposed to do, no matter if you can actually get it.

You are right that we need a center better than Damp at the offensive end. Damp is still pretty good at defensive end, but dude can hardly give any help to his team on the other end of the floor, that's why a decent center is what is needed for us and can certainly escalate us to the elite level. I'm not sick of Damp's efficiency and dude's hardiness is also relatively good considering his age and some other centers who are actually injury prone, like the 7'6 piece of **** registered on the Rockets team. In extension of timvp's theory on Gortat, Damp can also be a double-double center like Okafor if dude is also given 35 minutes per night, but Damp actually can only earn about 23 minutes every night on the Mavs team. For the rest 25 minutes, Carlisle would rather use double power forwards to fill in the paint along with 3 PGs. Mavs don't need a dominant center like Dwright Howard or Shaq to become champions, a second-class center like Okafor is more than enough to give us the last pave to reach the summit of the league.

The starting SG of our team will not longer be something embarrassing next season, thanks to the Marion trade. Smokey will eat about 20 minutes at spot 2 as the starting SG, leaving the rest 28 minutes to JET and JET will also take some PG time. The rest time will be shared by Kidd and JJB, who were both important players in our rotation last season. Joe Johnson may choose some other place than Atlanta next summer, but I'm afraid Houston won't be taken into his consideration if the Rockets suck too bad next season but fail to earn a top3 draft pick. And I don't think the Hawks will make a sign&trade deal with Houston to send Joe Johnson for some expiring contracts, as the Rockets haven't got any decent filler to make their expirings valuable and if the Hawks want to dump salary, they just simply need to let Joe Johnson walk. Yao's expiring garbage contract will have decent value in the trading market though, probably he can be used for trapping some long-contract players like Corey Maggette, Baron Davis... but Joe Johnson isn't someone the Rockets should make a shot at since dude has no reason to join a jinxed team.

LakerHater
07-26-2009, 06:30 PM
The Mavs need:

http://i28.tinypic.com/m8pncn.jpg (http://i28.tinypic.com/m8pncn.jpg)

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 06:33 PM
If we somehow played the Spurs all 4 rounds we'd win the first 3, and then lose in the finals.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
hey bro, you are retarded. I know I shouldn't be feeding your retarded thread and you can never get what I want you to understand, but my sense of responsibility still drives me to figure out your stupidity as I was supposed to do, no matter if you can actually get it.

You are right that we need a center better than Damp at the offensive end. Damp is still pretty good at defensive end, but dude can hardly give any help to his team on the other end of the floor, that's why a decent center is what is needed for us and can certainly escalate us to the elite level. I'm not sick of Damp's efficiency and dude's hardiness is also relatively good considering his age and some other centers who are actually injury prone, like the 7'6 piece of **** registered on the Rockets team. In extension of timvp's theory on Gortat, Damp can also be a double-double center like Okafor if dude is also given 35 minutes per night, but Damp actually can only earn about 23 minutes every night on the Mavs team. For the rest 25 minutes, Carlisle would rather use double power forwards to fill in the paint along with 3 PGs. Mavs don't need a dominant center like Dwright Howard or Shaq to become champions, a second-class center like Okafor is more than enough to give us the last pave to reach the summit of the league.

The starting SG of our team will not longer be something embarrassing next season, thanks to the Marion trade. Smokey will eat about 20 minutes at spot 2 as the starting SG, leaving the rest 28 minutes to JET and JET will also take some PG time. The rest time will be shared by Kidd and JJB, who were both important players in our rotation last season. Joe Johnson may choose some other place than Atlanta next summer, but I'm afraid Houston won't be taken into his consideration if the Rockets suck too bad next season but fail to earn a top3 draft pick. And I don't think the Hawks will make a sign&trade deal with Houston to send Joe Johnson for some expiring contracts, as the Rockets haven't got any decent filler to make their expirings valuable and if the Hawks want to dump salary, they just simply need to let Joe Johnson walk. Yao's expiring garbage contract will have decent value in the trading market though, probably he can be used for trapping some long-contract players like Corey Maggette, Baron Davis... but Joe Johnson isn't someone the Rockets should make a shot at since dude has no reason to join a jinxed team.

You are spot on just about everything, but you need to chill out and keep this about basketball

Rogue
07-26-2009, 07:27 PM
You are spot on just about everything, but you need to chill out and keep this about basketball
I'm keeping talking about the Mavs who were not considered relevant to basketball if your theory made sense, you did an awesome job beating me with such a brief post, congratulations. :toast

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Hey remeber that time you started that faggy thread trying to unite spurfans and rocketfans against mavfans but instead everyone just took a huge shit on rocketfan?

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey remeber that time you started that faggy thread trying to unite spurfans and rocketfans against mavfans but instead everyone just took a huge shit on rocketfan?

Yeah, that was pretty funny, even though most spurs fans already hate the mavs

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Obviously they hate the rockets more.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 08:36 PM
[/URL]
[URL]http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131285 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131285&page=2)
If you look in the thread real close, you'll see who they hate more

Biggems
07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
A superstar and best player not named Dirk Nowitzki

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I saw a bunch of ass kissing, then the 9th post in the thread and then stopped reading.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3556110&postcount=9

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Course they hate us, since da Mavs have waxed that ass twice in the past 4 years.

Its gotta suck to be thinking about the WCF/challenging the Lakers all year, poking fun at the Mavs about possibly finishing 9th place, then LOSING in 5 in the 1st round to those very Mavs. :lol @ Spurs fanbase.

Biggems
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Obviously they hate the rockets more.

no, we hate Mavs fans more cause you gals are whiny, bitchy, and act like itchy, yeasty, bloody vaginas.

i dont like either of you....but at least i have some respect for rocketfan and their franchise.

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
no, we hate Mavs fans more cause you gals are whiny, bitchy, and act like itchy, yeasty, bloody vaginas.

i dont like either of you....but at least i have some respect for rocketfan and their franchise.

You're probably fat enough to make up more than 1 person, but you're not an entire fanbase.

Biggems
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Course they hate us, since da Mavs have waxed that ass twice in the past 4 years.

Its gotta suck to be thinking about the WCF/challenging the Lakers all year, poking fun at the Mavs about possibly finishing 9th place, then LOSING in 5 in the 1st round to those very Mavs. :lol @ Spurs fanbase.

yep ya beat us...kudos to the Mavs. And where exactly did that victory get you? Oh yes, fishing with us just one week later.

Biggems
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
You're probably fat enough to make up more than 1 person, but you're not an entire fanbase.

ouch im gonna cry...........Mommy, Dirk4MVP called me fat :cry

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
yep ya beat us...kudos to the Mavs. And where exactly did that victory get you? Oh yes, fishing with us just one week later.

:lmao

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
ouch im gonna cry...........Mommy, Dirk4MVP called me fat :cry

neat.

pauls931
07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
A new owner so Stern will stop punishing them by influencing the officials.

Findog
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Says the fan of a team that blew a 2-0 finals lead then was ass fucked out of the first round by the 8 seed. :rollin

You don't see me giving shit to other franchises, 21 Palins.

it's me
07-26-2009, 10:02 PM
balls.

peskypesky
07-26-2009, 11:15 PM
an owner who's not a buffoon.

a center.

a SG.

and Avery Johnson.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Fire Mark Cuban. Or at least put a muzzle on him and you'll get a fair shake in the Finals, if you ever make it back there again...

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Mavs are the best team in Texas... no joke.

Blasphemy!!!:wow

Mhak
07-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Mavs need to smoke with David hasselhoff while he is singing and maybe they will win

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Whipping the dogshit out of the Spurs 4-1 is a good starting point.

ulosturedge
07-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Whipping the dogshit out of the Spurs 4-1 is a good starting point.

How about you lose your star shooting guard to injury and see how fucking far your team gets in the playoffs.

Keep shit talking. Kobe ain't getting any younger either. There would be riots in LA if anything was ever to happen to Kobe lol.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 07:01 AM
How about you lose your star shooting guard to injury and see how fucking far your team gets in the playoffs.

Keep shit talking. Kobe ain't getting any younger either. There would be riots in LA if anything was ever to happen to Kobe lol.

Christ, quit bitching about injuries. It makes you look puny & weak.

ElNono
07-27-2009, 07:51 AM
For starters, they need a franchise-caliber player.

DAF86
07-27-2009, 08:07 AM
For starters, they need a franchise-caliber player.

+ juan

I'm really not trying to be a dick but I just can't see a team winning it all with Dirk Nowitzki as its main guy.

sonic21
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
they need other allstars. Even though dirk is a great franchise player, a top 5 player in the league and top 3 offensive player, a team rarely wins it all with only a star.

Rogue
07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
they need other allstars. Even though dirk is a great franchise player, a top 5 player in the league and top 3 offensive player, a team rarely wins it all with only a star.
hmm? isn't a legendary PG with the 2nd biggest assist number of all time in NBA worth considering a superstar? Marion also used to play in all-star games pretty frequently, and dude has made more all-star games than either Manu or TL has. If Manu and TL are considered superstars then why is Marion denied to be? Not to mention Smokey who also made the all-star game once, as well as JET who is also legit yet always snubbed from that platform. These beloved boys in blue are more than enough to fill up a stable foundation for the championship as long as the Spurs have already won 2 with only one superstar in Tim Duncan surrounded with good assistants like Manu and TL, both of whom are actually the same level of players as Smokey and JET. Mavs just have got a bad GM that has no idea about how to turn his team from good to better, oppositely dude only undermines his boys in blue regardless of his interior mind.

ElNono
07-27-2009, 09:26 AM

Cuban has scientific proof that Kidd is the second best player in the league. What else do you need?

hater
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
A superstar and best player not named Dirk Nowitzki

this pretty much on point

JustBlaze
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
They gotta beef up their front court.

symple19
07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Re: What the Mavs need to win a Title ---> A miracle