PDA

View Full Version : Ruh roh

DarrinS
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/july_2009/obama_index_july_26_2009/236013-1-eng-US/obama_index_july_26_2009.jpg

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I wonder how much of that jump from -8 to -11 is represented by police officers.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2009, 12:55 PM
who the fuck is rasmussen?

Gallup is the clearly most accepted pollster and they have him at 55%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

oh its the word strongly. nice cherry picking douchebag.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Obama Widely Perceived as a Strong and Decisive Leader
July 24, 2009
Sixty-seven percent of Americans say that Obama is a strong and decisive leader and another two-thirds say that he understands the problems Americans face in their daily lives.

http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx

clambake
07-26-2009, 02:27 PM
landslide

boutons_deux
07-26-2009, 02:34 PM
wasn't it Rasmussen who guaranteed an McLiar victory?

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
who the fuck is rasmussen?

Gallup is the clearly most accepted pollster and they have him at 55%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

oh its the word strongly. nice cherry picking douchebag.
Okay, well on Gallup, Obama has gone from a high of 70% down to 55%. A drop of 15%. Not good.

Worse is his Gallup disapproval rating. 37%, up from a low of 10%. That's a 27% rise in disapproval.

Face it, Obama sucks.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Okay, well Bush went from 90% approval to 25% approval.

Worse is he went from 6% disapproval to 71% disapproval. That's a 65 point rise in disapproval.

Face it, Bush sucked worse.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Worse is he went from 6% disapproval to 71% disapproval. That's a 65 point rise in disapproval.

Not in the first six months of his presidency; it was only after an 8 year campaign by Bush-haters.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 03:53 PM

And, another point. Obama has never seen 90/6 Approval vs. disapproval. I would say it is now very unlikely.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 03:55 PM
And, another point. Obama has never seen 90/6 Approval vs. disapproval. I would say it is now very unlikely.I guess you can wish for another terrorist attack on top of wishing the economy gets worse Yoni.

You are a pathetic human being.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Not in the first six months of his presidency; it was only after an 8 year campaign by Bush-haters.It was only after eight years of Bush's fucking up just about every aspect of his presidency.

Face it, he sucked according to your own criteria.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 04:03 PM
All those police officers and family members. Nice touch Obama.

Was this stupid remark on his prompter durning the health care speech? This is sooooooo funny. The dumb fuck is trying to sell the bullshit health care bill and decides to call the police stupid. Yup,,,Obama is one smart motherfucker!!!

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:03 PM
The police did act stupidly in that case.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 04:04 PM
And the drama queen brings up Bush yet again.......... Wheels are coming off.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Were you there?

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
According to who? President "I-don't-know-all-the-facts?"

Can you name one person, aside from Gates, who witnessed the arrest that has said the police acted "stupidly?"

TheProfessor
And the drama queen brings up Bush yet again.......... Wheels are coming off.
Yoni's method of evaluating whether Obama "sucked" was asinine and he just pointed it out. By Yoni's own standards, Bush would likely be the worst president of all time. Poll differential is not exactly a winning argument when it comes to substantive discussion.

George Gervin's Afro
:dramaquee

oh the horror..he only has 3 1/2 years to turn it around...

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:08 PM
And the drama queen brings up Bush yet again.......... Wheels are coming off.You are gay and suck cock.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
According to who? President "I-don't-know-all-the-facts?"

Can you name one person, aside from Gates, who witnessed the arrest that has said the police acted "stupidly?"Who was asked for their opinion besides the police?

Given the facts that the police themselves gave, it was a stupid arrest.

Just leave.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:10 PM
:dramaquee

oh the horror..he only has 3 1/2 years to turn it around...
I'd say more like 14 months and, I don't think historical trends on presidential approval ratings are in his favor unless, of course, he performs spectacularly after some national catastropher...which, I suppose, is possible.

However, without an opportunity to be presidential in a clutch, he's probably headed the way of Jimmy Carter...or worse.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I'd say more like 14 months and, I don't think historical trends on presidential approval ratings are in his favor unless, of course, he performs spectacularly after some national catastropher...which, I suppose, is possible.So you are saying Bush is lucky all those people died on 9/11.

You are a piece of shit.

George Gervin's Afro
I'd say more like 14 months and, I don't think historical trends on presidential approval ratings are in his favor unless, of course, he performs spectacularly after some national catastropher...which, I suppose, is possible.

However, without an opportunity to be presidential in a clutch, he's probably headed the way of Jimmy Carter...or worse I Hope

Yonivore
Who was asked for their opinion besides the police?

Given the facts that the police themselves gave, it was a stupid arrest.

Just leave.
I see, no one.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I see, no one.Right, no one was asked their opinion other than the police.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Right, no one was asked their opinion other than the police.
I don't know. Opinions aren't usually part of a police report. I wouldn't mind seeing a survey of the assembled neighbors to see if they thought Professor Asshole was righteously or stupidly arrested.

I'm pretty sure there were some quotes from the neighbors in some of the media reports I read. I don't recall anyone defending him. But, I could be wrong...however, I think that would have stood out.

I think the general consensus was that he was acting strange, under the circumstances. By the way, that strange behavior hasn't really stopped.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't know. Opinions aren't usually part of a police report. I wouldn't mind seeing a survey of the assembled neighbors to see if they thought Professor Asshole was righteously or stupidly arrested.

I'm pretty sure there were some quotes from the neighbors in some of the media reports I read. I don't recall anyone defending him. But, I could be wrong...however, I think that would have stood out.

I think the general consensus was that he was acting strange, under the circumstances. By the way, that strange behavior hasn't really stopped.So obviously he should be thrown in jail again.

Strange behavior must be stopped at all costs.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
So obviously he should be thrown in jail again.
I don't see the point...there doesn't appear to be an ongoing event that would be quelled by arresting him now.

Strange behavior must be stopped at all costs.
Strange behavior, in a highly-emotionally charged situation can be dangerous.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't see the point...there doesn't appear to be an ongoing event that would be quelled by arresting him now.What had to be quelled in the first place?

Strange behavior, in a highly-emotionally charged situation can be dangerous.You are saying the police feared for their safety or anyone else's?

None of them said that at any time. You are making shit up again.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:36 PM
What had to be quelled in the first place?
We've been through all this, are you really that dense? Let's revisit the issue when a) the 911 tapes are released and b) someone gets a clue to ask the police officer how Mr. Gates actions met the elements a disorderly conduct charge. Neither you nor I are in a position to make a further determination on our positions until then.

You are saying the police feared for their safety or anyone else's?
Nope.

None of them said that at any time. You are making shit up again.
I believe the African-American officer said Gates was acting strange. It is my opinion that people acting strangely in an emotionally-charged environment can do unpredictable things...sometimes, dangerous things. I never put those words in anyone's mouth or head.

You can keep posting on this, if you like, but, until we have more information, it would be futile to continue arguing over things we don't know. So, have fun.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
We've been through all this, are you really that dense? Let's revisit the issue when a) the 911 tapes are released and b) someone gets a clue to ask the police officer how Mr. Gates actions met the elements a disorderly conduct charge. Neither you nor I are in a position to make a further determination on our positions until then.BAsed on the information the cops have given in their report and in several interviews, the charge wasn't going to fly.

Nope.Yep, you are saying he was dangerous. Be scared of the old man. He'll kill us all.

I believe the African-American officer said Gates was acting strange. It is my opinion that people acting strangely in an emotionally-charged environment can do unpredictable things...sometimes, dangerous things. I never put those words in anyone's mouth or head.You just did it again, dumbass.

You can keep posting on this, if you like, but, until we have more information, it would be futile to continue arguing over things we don't know. So, have fun.It's a good idea for you to stop posting here and elsewhere since all it does is further expose your ignorance.

George Gervin's Afro
07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
BAsed on the information the cops have given in their report and in several interviews, the charge wasn't going to fly.

Yep, you are saying he was dangerous. Be scared of the old man. He'll kill us all.

You just did it again, dumbass.

It's a good idea for you to stop posting here and elsewhere since all it does is further expose your ignorance.

he was a black man...:dramaquee

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:44 PM
he was a black man...:dramaquee
He is 5-foot-7, weighs 150 pounds, wears glasses and uses a cane. His legs are of unequal length, his mustache and goatee are gray. He is 58 years old and looks it.Run for your lives!

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Run for your lives!
What do either of those facts have to do with anything?

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
What do either of those facts have to do with anything?That you are incredibly stuipid for saying he was a danger to anyone.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
That you are incredibly stuipid for saying he was a danger to anyone.
So, you're going to say that an African-American, 5'7", 150-pound, glasses-wearing, cane-using, gray mustachioed and goteed, 58-year-old (and looking it) man isn't capable of violence?

That's why I asked why any of those facts had anything to do with this incident.

You're incredibly stupid, as is Obama, for concluding -- without having all the fact and not having been present at the scene -- that Professor Gates wasn't a danger to anyone.

A lot more can go wrong when the police leave the scene while an individual is still in a highly-agitated state than can go wrong if you arrest him and remove him from the scene.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
So, you're going to say that an African-American, 5'7", 150-pound, glasses-wearing, cane-using, gray mustachioed and goteed, 58-year-old (and looking it) man isn't capable of violence?You're saying he was a direct threat to everyone that had to be stopped, which no one else who was there said.

That's why I asked why any of those facts had anything to do with this incident.Your made up shit has nothing to do with the incident.

You're incredibly, as is Obama, for concluding -- without having all the fact and not having been present at the scene -- that Professor Gates wasn't a danger to anyone.You're incredibly, as are many racists, concluding -- without having all the facts and not having been present at the scene and with no supporting evidence from anyone at the scene -- that Gates was a danger to everyone.

A lot more can go wrong when the police leave the scene while an individual is still in a highly-agitated state than can go wrong if you arrest him and remove him from the scene.Right, he was going to kill everyone. Everyone there said so.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
You're saying he was a direct threat to everyone that had to be stopped, which no one else who was there said.
No, I never said that. What I've been saying and what you refuse to recognize is that the police made a judgement call, probably based on a whole lot of previous experience in such situations, that it was prudent to arrest Mr. Gates. I am willing to bet every officer at the scene have seen similar situations deteriorate badly.

Your made up shit has nothing to do with the incident.
An Officer's previous experience is certainly relevant.

You're incredibly, as are many racists, concluding -- without having all the facts and not having been present at the scene and with no supporting evidence from anyone at the scene -- that Gates was a danger to everyone.
I've never said Gates was a danger to anyone. And, I've repeatedly said I am willing to wait until I hear the tapes of the event before making a final determination but, until then, I'm siding with the police...who are unanimous that it was a legitimate arrest.

Right, he was going to kill everyone. Everyone there said so.
Now, who's making shit up?

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
No, I never said that. What I've been saying and what you refuse to recognize is that the police made a judgement call, probably based on a whole lot of previous experience in such situations, that it was prudent to arrest Mr. Gates. I am willing to bet every officer at the scene have seen similar situations deteriorate badly.Excpet no one ever said anything about that in the report or since. You simply made it up.

An Officer's previous experience is certainly relevant.Whose experience? Not yours, because you weren't there. If it was theirs, they should have already said they feared for everyone's safety. They didn't.

I've never said Gates was a danger to anyone.You did. Several times.
And, I've repeatedly said I am willing to wait until I hear the tapes of the event before making a final determination but, until then, I'm siding with the police...who are unanimous that it was a legitimate arrest.Based on the fears you made up for them.

Now, who's making shit up?You.

Yonivore
07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Okay, I'm going to let all that idiocy stand on it's own. Good luck with that ChumpDumper.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
It's ok to let all your idiocy stand on its own. The stupidity of the arrest stands on its own as well.