PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili

Leetonidas
07-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Why do so many of you, Laker fans especially, seem to think Manu Ginobili is done? I've seen everything from he's washed up to there's a 50/50 chance he will come strong, to he will be injured all season etc...

For anyone saying shit like that, you obviously don't know WTF you're talking about. As of now according to R.C. Buford, Ginobili is 100% healthy and cleared to play. In 2008, he had his best statistical season of his career and won the 6th man award. That was just a year ago, and the games he played in this year before being sat down for the playoffs he was fucking beasting. I remember the last game or one of them he put up like 32 points or something on Toronto.

Point is, keep telling yourself that Manu is done or he's too old or he's washed up. Because you're gonna be singing quite the different tune when he's dunking on four of your players at the same time again.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see it before I believe it. He very well could be back 100% healthy, though. Right now, I just don't believe it. Of course, Holt probably wouldn't pony up the dough for RJ and Dyes if he knew Manu wasn't coming back strong.

MmP
07-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Thinking that he's not gonna be back 100% it's just moronic. Manu will be back, he still at his prime and his first "serious" injury wont turn him into Grant Hill inmediatly. I expect a 2007-2008 seasons star like for Manu, only this time it will carry till june.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Calm down, Lee

Of course Buford is talking positively. That's his job. One should take such pablum with a grain of salt until as Iron states: "see it before I believe it."

And I dutifully hope that we don't end up seeing it. A whole Manu coupled with a stablized Duncan is cause for concern.

spursfan1000
07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Cause they are haters.

redzero
07-26-2009, 03:17 PM
R.I.P. 2007-2008 Manu Ginobili. Those years are long gone. Don't fight. Don't fight.

sonic21
07-26-2009, 03:19 PM
R.I.P. 2007-2008 Manu Ginobili. Those years are long gone. Don't fight. Don't fight.

the spurs don't need the 2007/2008 manu to beat NO, an injured manu was enough in 2008.

redzero
07-26-2009, 03:22 PM
the spurs don't need the 2007/2008 manu to beat NO, an injured manu was enough in 2008.

Oh, you want to take shots? And Manu did fine in that series.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Manu's decline has been somewhat exaggerated but his FG/FTA ratio declined last year and 43% of his shots were 3-pointers, highest ratio ever. I bring these stats up often because they are decent indicators of athleticism waning. With all that though he was still top 10 in PER so when healthy he's still a very good player.

ElNono
07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Why do so many of you, Laker fans especially, seem to think Manu Ginobili is done? I've seen everything from he's washed up to there's a 50/50 chance he will come strong, to he will be injured all season etc...

They're just scared.

redzero
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
They're just scared.

Scared of what? Their team won everything.

ElNono
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Scared of what? Their team won everything.

They know with a healthy Ginobili anything can happen. No more easy rides to the NBA Finals.

redzero
07-26-2009, 03:33 PM
They know with a healthy Ginobili anything can happen. No more easy rides to the NBA Finals.

The Spurs didn't lose to the Lakers in 08 because they didn't have a healthy Ginobili. They were just outclassed in almost every aspect of the game. A healthy Ginobili alone won't make a Spurs-Lakers series unpredictable.

Leetonidas
07-26-2009, 03:47 PM
The Spurs didn't lose to the Lakers in 08 because they didn't have a healthy Ginobili. They were just outclassed in almost every aspect of the game. A healthy Ginobili alone won't make a Spurs-Lakers series unpredictable.

Yeah right. The one game that Manu played like Manu in that series, the Spurs shit on the Lakers.

EricB
07-26-2009, 03:51 PM

Re watch games 1 4 and 5 again.

redzero
07-26-2009, 03:55 PM
The Spurs lost those games. They were too old to keep up with LA.

It matters not now, since Richard Jefferson and Dejaun "Malone" Blair are on the team. They will bring some much needed it youth and athleticism.

scottspurs
07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Manu is just as much done as Kobe is. FEAR THE GREAT MANU BITCHES.

KSeal
07-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Manu is just as much done as Kobe is. FEAR THE GREAT MANU BITCHES.

Talk about delusional, my lord.

Muser
07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
If Manu is healthy then the Spurs have a chance, if he isn't then forget it. He's what drives this team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 04:52 PM

I think if the Lakers lose Odom to Miami and Duncan and Manu stay healthy, Spurs vs. Lakers would be unpredictable.

howbouthemspurs
07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Ginobili will be back and he will kill any Laker puss pad that gets in his way!! Be afraid Lakers, be very afraid!... i think Kobe is done, i think he will only be at 10% this season, so the lakers will have to waive him. Oh well it was fun watchin while it lasted! ....
Kobe sucks!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:03 PM
You delusional little rat. The first game the Spurs were up 20, and choked it away. The second game we blew you bitches by 30. The fourth game we led from wire to wire. The Spurs never even saw the lead in the third game. The fifth game, the Spurs jumped out to a 17 point lead, and we caught them by the third, and wiped our asses with them the rest of the way.

I dont know what series you were watching, but this was an easy series for the Lakers, and Manu played every game, and Duncan was fully healthy. The Lakers did not have Bynum nor Ariza, and made it look easy.

lakaluva, the point is with a healthy Manu that the Spurs wouldn't have had those horrible scoring droughts and probably wouldn't have choked away those huge leads in games 1 and 5, and may possibly win game 4. I know Manu played every game but he clearly wasn't the player he had been during the regular season. I'm not saying it's a sure thing the Spurs win the series with a healthy Manu, but it certainly becomes a 6 or 7 game series.

My view is, that series is irrelevant to the upcoming season, and it would be retarded to use that series to judge what a Spurs Lakers series in the 2010 playoffs would be like. Both rosters have changed significantly since then.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Mavs/Lakers WCF

benefactor
07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
lakaluva, the point is with a healthy Manu that the Spurs wouldn't have had those horrible scoring droughts and probably wouldn't have choked away those huge leads in games 1 and 5, and may possibly win game 4. I know Manu played every game but he clearly wasn't the player he had been during the regular season. I'm not saying it's a sure thing the Spurs win the series with a healthy Manu, but it certainly becomes a 6 or 7 game series.

My view is, that series is irrelevant to the upcoming season, and it would be retarded to use that series to judge what a Spurs Lakers series in the 2010 playoffs would be like. Both rosters have changed significantly since then.
...just saying things like "lol Spurs fan! You got handled by the Mavs in the first round last year think you can beat us now? lolololol!" is retarded. That doesn't stop them from continuing to do it though.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I think if the Lakers lose Odom to Miami and Duncan and Manu stay healthy, Spurs vs. Lakers would be unpredictable.

If all that things happen a Spurs vs Lakers series would be pretty damn predictable: Spurs in 4 or 5.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
If all that things happen a Spurs vs Lakers series would be pretty damn predictable: Spurs in 4 or 5.

Not really. I'm assuming everyone stays healthy, that includes Bynum. The last time Bynum and and Duncan met, Bynum neutralized him. It'd be a close series. Neither team would win in 4 or 5.

JamStone
07-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Because Manu has been injured a lot in the last few years, he's about to turn 32 which is an age where many NBA players start to have a more noticeable decline in their level of play, and mostly (especially Laker fans) to irritate Spurs fans.

Judging by this thread, the latter reason is working.

Why do fans make fun of T-Mac being done? Or Oden being done? Or Bynum being an overrated POS? To irritate fans of the teams those players play for. And, because they can.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
The Spurs years of winning titles are over. Duncan will never taste a repeat, and unless he leaves the Spurs, he will spend the rest of his days losing to the Lakers. We are built for a 4-5 year run.

That's one opinion. We'll have to wait and see. As I said, it's unpredictable. I watched the Spurs play extremely mediocre basketball for the first 50 games of the 2006-2007 season and thought they were no longer a threat. Duncan's never had the offensive supporting cast he has this year. Last year having to carry that team early on in the season clearly hurt him later on in the season.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Wrong again. They only lead in two of the five games. The series was easy for the Lakers, get over it. I provided you the link, and you still cant get it right.

I didn't check it but I clearly remember that we lead game 1 and 5 in LA by something close to 20 points and we won game 3 easily so there you have at least 3 of 5 games. And game 4 was the one with Fish's foul on Barry.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I didn't check it but I clearly remember that we lead game 1 and 5 in LA by something close to 20 points and we won game 3 easily so there you have at least 3 of 5 games. And game 4 was the one with Fish's foul on Barry.

Game 4 the Lakers did lead wire to wire, even though the Spurs made a run at the end, but the Spurs did have big leads in games 1, 3 and 5.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 05:44 PM
4-5 year run, give me a fuckin break. Gasol/Kobe/Artest/Odom will be dinosaurs in 5 years and the development of Bynum/Brown or whoever the fuck will likely not offset that

2-3 years is more appropriate.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I'd like to see it before I believe it. He very well could be back 100% healthy, though. Right now, I just don't believe it. Of course, Holt probably wouldn't pony up the dough for RJ and Dyes if he knew Manu wasn't coming back strong.
We need to play NCAA 2010 again.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I think if the Lakers lose Odom to Miami and Duncan and Manu stay healthy, Spurs vs. Lakers would be a Spurs victory in 6 or 7 games.
fify :D

Hornets1
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
The Spurs years of winning titles are over. Duncan will never taste a repeat, and unless he leaves the Spurs, he will spend the rest of his days losing to the Lakers. We are built for a 4-5 year run.

I really think that Odom is going to make or break the Lakers' dominance. I don't think losing Odom and Ariza and gaining Artest is considered improving. But keeping Odom and trading out Ariza for Artest is an improvement.

mytespurs
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Because Manu has been injured a lot in the last few years, he's about to turn 32 which is an age where many NBA players start to have a more noticeable decline in their level of play, and mostly (especially Laker fans) to irritate Spurs fans.

Judging by this thread, the latter reason is working.

Why do fans make fun of T-Mac being done? Or Oden being done? Or Bynum being an overrated POS? To irritate fans of the teams those players play for. And, because they can.

Bingo! and we fall for it every time. :rollin:rollin

After while, it's not even worth arguing about 'cause we won't know for sure until he hits the floor. I hope he comes back healthy because he gives his all. I believe he knows he hasn't played his best due to injuries and I can't help but think if he comes back healthy, it will be the Manu of old adding a few years of course. :)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 05:56 PM
fify :D

At least that's somewhat realistic.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 06:11 PM

its impossible for you to believe what you post.

...you're a joke.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:12 PM
The Spurs years of winning titles are over.

Luva is correct here, fellows. You've been out in the rain too long. Perhaps if you can score another supreme find like Manu you can return to glory, but, that is about your only chance. We have your ass in the West and Boston would beat you to like smithereens if they ever came across ya's in the Finals.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Luva is correct here, fellows. You've been out in the rain too long. Perhaps if you can score another supreme find like Manu you can return to glory, but, that is about your only chance. We have your ass in the West and Boston would beat you to like smithereens if they ever came across ya's in the Finals.

b/c the Spurs are too old? and the lakers to good? is that why?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:20 PM
b/c the Spurs are too old? and the lakers to good? is that why?

John, your talent level is no longer premium enough. It is not on the level that the Lakers are at.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
John, your talent level is no longer premium enough. It is not on the level that the Lakers are at.

and why is that? who on the lakers, besides kobe, is so talented?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:29 PM
and why is that? who on the lakers, besides kobe, is so talented?

Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Walton.

------

Parker, Manu, RJ, Hill.

Right now, not when you can ascertain the health of anybody, but this instant, what group would you choose, John?

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Gasol, Bynum, Odom,

Odom plays for the Lakers?

Walton.

lol

Listing him would make anyone pick the other squad.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't like Manu. I think he's an extremely talented S.American bitch.
Can i say that here?

Leetonidas
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM

------

Parker, Manu, RJ, Hill.

Right now, not when you can ascertain the health of anybody, but this instant, what group would you choose, John?

Considering that Parker is a lot better than any of those Laker players, I'd take the latter.

Walton?? :lmao

And Odom isn't even coming back. :lmao :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Considering that Parker is a lot better than any of those Laker players, I'd take the latter.

Walton?? :lmao

And Odom isn't even coming back. :lmao :lmao

he also completely forgot Ron Artest which I don't get.

Leetonidas
07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Because he's not a real Laker fan.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Tony > Fisher

Manu < Kobe

RJ > Artest

Dice < Pau

Tim > Bynum

And you better sign Odom 'cause if you don't SA bench >>> LA bench.

Edit: I changed 'cause Tim would be guarding Bynum not Pau.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
he also completely forgot Ron Artest which I don't get.

I didn't forget him, but, I needed John to converse with.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Tony > Fisher

Manu < Kobe

RJ > Artest

Tim > Pau

Dice > Bynum (if we go by actual production on an entire season instead of hype)

If 30 GMs were interviewed, my guess is at least 20 they'd rather have Artest over Jefferson.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Because he's not a real Laker fan.

Please.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tony > Fisher

Manu < Kobe

RJ > Artest

Tim > Pau

Dice > Bynum (if we go by actual production on an entire season instead of hype)

I'm buying it minus the RJ> Artest part.
Ron Ron gives you more than RJ. Less scoring but more of everything else including the "D" which you aren't going to get from RJ.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 06:49 PM
If 30 GMs were interviewed, my guess is at least 20 they'd rather have Artest over Jefferson.

I'm buying it minus the RJ> Artest part.
Ron Ron gives you more than RJ. Less scoring but more of everything else including the "D" which you aren't going to get from RJ.

OK I respect your opinions and I know that I am among the minority here. But I'm not too high on Artest, IMO Artest for Ariza isn't an upgrade for LA.

Ghazi
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Jefferson blows

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:52 PM
OK I respect your opinions and I know that I am among the minority here. But I'm not too high on Artest, IMO Artest for Ariza isn't an upgrade for LA.

That's only because the Mavs suckered punched ya 4-1 & then the Lakers went to 15.

sonic21
07-26-2009, 06:54 PM
That's only because the Mavs suckered punched ya 4-1 & then the Lakers went to 15.

???

benefactor
07-26-2009, 06:55 PM
What does that have to do with what he said? Seriously, you are turning into one of the worst posters on this site.

Shastafarian
Wrong again. They only lead in two of the five games. The series was easy for the Lakers, get over it. I provided you the link, and you still cant get it right.

Game 1
5:54 Tim Duncan makes 7-foot hook shot 65-45

Game 3
6:54 66-86 Brent Barry makes 26-foot three point jumper (Fabricio Oberto assists)

3:00 78-98 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 1 of 2

2:46 80-100 Ime Udoka makes free throw 1 of 2

Game 5
10:18 Brent Barry makes 26-foot three point jumper (Manu Ginobili assists) 33-16

4:33 Tony Parker makes driving layup 42-26

3 different games (you're wrong about it being 2) with leads of 16 points and up.

johngateswhiteley

------

Parker, Manu, RJ, Hill.

i'd take parker, manu, jefferson and hill...continue.

Culburn369
Jefferson blows

& the Spurs fandom agreed with ya until you all pulled their pants down in front of everybody 4-1 and then only the one charter left central Florida for California after Game 5.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Artest IMO has a low BB IQ, isn't very athletic (he's all strenght), he barely jumps anymore, is slow, and can't drible the ball.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:57 PM
i'd take parker, manu, jefferson and hill...continue.

Too late, John, I'm off on a tangent with your fellow Spursites. Perhaps another time.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Artest IMO has a low BB IQ, isn't very athletic (he's all strenght), he barely jumps anymore, is slow, and can't drible the ball.

Aside from the BB IQ being low you just described Duncan.

DAF86
07-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Don't you have a thread to bump?

benefactor
07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
& the Spurs fandom agreed with ya until you all pulled their pants down in front of everybody 4-1 and then only the one charter left central Florida for California after Game 5.

...just like saying things like "lol Spurs fan! You got handled by the Mavs in the first round last year think you can beat us now? lolololol!" is retarded. That doesn't stop them from continuing to do it though.
:sleep

DAF86
07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Aside from the BB IQ being low you just described Duncan.

The difference beign that Duncan is a 7 footer bigman and Artest a wing. Besides the BB IQ is probably the most important aspect of all. And Duncan has better handles than Artest.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't you have a thread to bump?

Yes, but that can wait. You obviously still are in dire need of a comeuppance (the Mavs whipping that ass 4-1 notwithstanding) and I'm here to apply said comeuppance.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Even so....
Shutdown defenders that aren't liabilities on offense are rare and at a premium in this league.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
The difference beign that Duncan is a 7 footer bigman and Artest a wing. Besides the BB IQ is probably the most important aspect of all. And Duncan has better handles than Artest.

if you are going to argue at least do it right.

not only is the difference IQ...but TD is one of the most skilled players in the league, head and shoulders above artest.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM

So, after chasing your elbow round your asshole you agree with me.

Thanks, DAF.

sonic21
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Even so....
Shutdown defenders that aren't liabilities on offense are rare and at a premium in this league.

that was 5 years ago

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM

not only is the difference IQ...but TD is one of the most skilled players in the league, head and shoulders above artest.

Poppycock, pure & unadulterated style.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Poppycock, pure & unadulterated style.

hows that? you're talking about the best power forward (or damn near it) of all time vs. a good player.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM
that was 5 years ago

Ok so if Artest is no longer a shutdown defender who in the league is?

DAF86
07-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Even so....

Artest got torched by Kobe and Roy on the playoffs, he isn't a shutdown defender anymore. And IMO Artest IS a liability on offense. Or at least not as good as everyone thinks. Last season he averaged 17 pts on 15 fg attempts on 40% shooting, that's awful and he was even worst in the playoffs.

Spursmania
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM

Sure was:toast:lol

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
hows that? you're talking about the best power forward (or damn near it) of all time vs. a good player.

& Artest remains a "good player"......the Duncan you accurately describe no longer draws breath on earth.

sonic21
07-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok so if Artest is no longer a shutdown defender who in the league is?

He's good in terms of guarding power players (Lebron, Carmelo, Pierce), but he will get burned by quick guards and i don't think PJ will put kobe all game on guys like wade, roy, ginobili.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Artest got torched by Kobe and Roy on the playoffs, he isn't a shutdown defender anymore.

That's just because he signed with the Lakers, DAF.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
& Artest remains a "good player"......the Duncan you accurately describe no longer draws breath on earth.

you didn't answer my question. further, there are very few great players in the nba...artest isn't one of them.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Artest got torched by Kobe and Roy on the playoffs, he isn't a shutdown defender anymore. And IMO Artest IS a liability on offense. Or at least not as good as everyone thinks. Last season he averaged 17 pts on 15 fg attempts on 40% shooting, that's awful and he was even worst in the playoffs.
Torched? Really? Come on....
You're going to grade Ron Ron's defensive abilities using his performance against the best offensive player the league has seen since MJ? Ok.

He's also been forced into a role of being the #1 option offensively with his last two teams(the last 5 years coincidentally). A role he's not cut out for obviously.
Injuries to Kevin Martin,Bibby etc...in SacTown and the perpetual absence of TMac,Yao in Houston were huge factors in Artests poor shooting %'s.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
you didn't answer my question. further, there are very few great players in the nba...artest isn't one of them.

Neither is Duncan any longer.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll take a half an Artest here in PHX. :(
Lakers/Spurs will be good shit this year.
Mavs will get the consolation game.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Neither is Duncan any longer.

i would disagree with that. consider this...TD was the best player in the league for a while...artest has never been close to that. if they've both fallen since then, fine. but tell me...which NBA team would take artest over TD as we speak? thats a rhetorical question.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
TD is a future HOF'r(obviously).......Artest is a fantastic 3rd guy on a championship team IMO.
Edit: If i'm looking to win a title now i'm still taking TD over Ron.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
i would disagree with that. consider this...TD was the best player in the league for a while...artest has never been close to that. if they've both fallen since then, fine. but tell me...which NBA team would take artest over TD as we speak? thats a rhetorical question.

But, that wasn't my point, John. Viewed in a vacuum, your memory erased, blinders on, Duncan is now a good player. Artest is a good player.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
TD is a future HOF'r(obviously)

That don't mean shit. This HOF nonsense is crapola. What good did it do when the Mavs took the Spurs out? This is how it gets away from an organization and the Spurs are living proof.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:43 PM
But, that wasn't my point, John. Viewed in a vacuum, your memory erased, blinders on, Duncan is now a good player. Artest is a good player.

i'm simply coming at you from a different angle...how else am i suppose to get your thoughts? you aren't direct.

anyway, TD's skills haven't deteriorated...skills that artest never possessed and never will. the players aren't comparable (in the IQ and skill department) and TD is still significantly better. and i'm shocked that a laker fan doesn't see it.

exstatic
07-26-2009, 07:45 PM

?? Duncan was kicking ass until probably February. If it makes you feel better to write him off, fine, but he's not gone.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Artest 2008/2009:

35.5 MPG 17.1 PPG 5.2 RPG 3.3 APG 40% FG

Duncan 2008/2009:

33.6 MPG 19.3 PPG 10.7 RPG 3.5 APG 50.4% FG

Let's average those out to 40 MPG shall we?

Artest:

19.26 PPG 5.85 RPG 3.7 APG

Duncan:

22.9 PPG 12.7 RPG 4.17 APG

LOL at you claiming they both have the same quality of play.

mojorizen7
07-26-2009, 07:46 PM
That don't mean shit. This HOF nonsense is crapola. What good did it do when the Mavs took the Spurs out? This is how it gets away from an organization and the Spurs are living proof.

Wtf? We're gonna need a credibility check on aisle 369? :lol

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Never said such.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM

Never said such.

Kinda looks like you did.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Artest 2008/2009:

35.5 MPG 17.1 PPG 5.2 RPG 3.3 APG 40% FG

Duncan 2008/2009:

33.6 MPG 19.3 PPG 10.7 RPG 3.5 APG 50.4% FG

Let's average those out to 40 MPG shall we?

Artest:

19.26 PPG 5.85 RPG 3.7 APG

Duncan:

22.9 PPG 12.7 RPG 4.17 APG

to be fair, he didn't say that. but thanks for the stats...i thought artest was a better rebounder. 5.2 sucks ass for such a physical, athletic, high IQ, skilled player such as himself.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
to be fair, he didn't say that. but thanks for the stats...i thought artest was a better rebounder. 5.2 sucks ass for such a physical, athletic, high IQ, skilled player such as himself.

He equated their play as "good". There's a clear gap.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Wtf? We're gonna need a credibility check on aisle 369? :lol

Citing Duncan's assurance to the Hall in order to boost his current state is silly.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 07:58 PM
He equated their play as "good".

Never said such.

Gino
07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Ginobili is getting old.

The fact is older players become much more susceptible to injuries.

And the past couple of years, Manu has gotten further and further away from his 2005 self.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Citing Duncan's assurance to the Hall in order to boost his current state is silly.

Just cuz I love stats...

Pau Gasol (stats averaged to 40MPG):

20.4 PPG 10.37 RPG 3.78 APG

Would you say Gasol is one of the elite players in the league?

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Never said such.

Saying they're both "good players" isn't saying such?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Just cuz I love stats...

Pau Gasol (stats averaged to 40MPG):

20.4 PPG 10.37 RPG 3.78 APG

Would you say Gasol is one of the elite players in the league?

I've caught you telling bald face lies twice already about things I've said, Shasta.

Go pound salt.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I've caught you telling bald face lies twice already about things I've said, Shasta.

Go pound salt.

Alright why don't you explain what you meant when you said, "Duncan is now a good player. Artest is a good player."

Culburn369
Saying they're both "good players" isn't saying such?

Precisely.

johngateswhiteley
He equated their play as "good". There's a clear gap.

true and i think TD is still a great player. that being said, two players can be good and one still significantly better than the other...wait, that does sound off. the gap isn't that close, i agree.

TD = great

artest = good

KSeal
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll take it...

lVVW_RTqyEE

I hated Ron that night, he was abusing Ariza and hitting every single three he took.

Culburn369
Alright why don't you explain what you meant when you said, "Duncan is now a good player. Artest is a good player."

I already did, balloonhead, but, you were too busy typing your response to read it.

Shastafarian
Precisely.

So even though you equated the level of their quality, you didn't mean to?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I hated Ron that night, he was abusing Ariza and hitting every single three he took.

Of course, he probably took the game off before the Laker game so he could rest up.

:rolleyes

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/610/610_img_12.jpg

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
So even though you equated the level of their quality, you didn't mean to?

Shasta, forget it, you don't want a discussion, you want revenge. Revenge for the Lakers winning the title and you stuck with a MASH unit.

Tough beans.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Dominate players such as Kobe and Gasol tend to carry their skill level at least until 35 years of age.

what about Duncan?

Right now, Kobe and Gasol is the best one-two punch in the league, and have been for the past two seasons. No one is even close to that combo right now.

KG and Pierce were better last year...and showed by annihilating the lakers in the finals.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Shasta, forget it, you don't want a discussion, you want revenge. Revenge for the Lakers winning the title and you stuck with a MASH unit.

Tough beans.

Not really. I just want to point out that you equated Ron Artest and Tim Duncan when Duncan is clearly a better player, even now. You keep dodging.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:12 PM
what about Duncan?

Duncan is a good player. He is no longer dominant.

Christ, take one honest look at him, John. He's deteriorated. There is prime left, but, it's not apparent at first blush. You have to watch the entire game and pick the moment.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Mangoo is overrated in the Spews community. Bowen was worth a hell of lot more to the Spews then Mangoo ever was. Injuries and suspensions to other teams were a hell of alot more important to the Spews than Mangoo was or is. Mangoo is a wild beast that runs around like one. Thank Duncan for giving him some more room to do this. He might be a true 6th man this year for the Spews.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I just want to point out that you equated Ron Artest and Tim Duncan

Never said such.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Duncan will still be an all-star at 35, just like Shaq. There is no reason why Kobe, and Gasol wont be either.

The Celtics did beat us bad, but no team has a higher winning percentage since the Lakers got Gasol.

thats fine, but the playoffs are what mattered.

on another note...artest is not shooting 47-48% next year. his career average is 42...and i bet shoots around 44.

KSeal
07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Mangoo is overrated in the Spews community. Bowen was worth a hell of lot more to the Spews then Mangoo ever was. Injuries and suspensions to other teams were a hell of alot more important to the Spews than Mangoo was or is. Mangoo is a wild beast that runs around like one. Thank Duncan for giving him some more room to do this. He might be a true 6th man this year for the Spews.

Can't put it much better then this.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Never said such.

You did whether you intended to or not.

Aside from the BB IQ being low you just described Duncan.Close

Poppycock, pure & unadulterated style.Close again

& Artest remains a "good player"......the Duncan you accurately describe no longer draws breath on earth.Getting there...

Neither is Duncan any longer.Oh so close.

But, that wasn't my point, John. Viewed in a vacuum, your memory erased, blinders on, Duncan is now a good player. Artest is a good player.There it is

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:22 PM
There it is

Yes, they're both good players.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Duncan is a good player. He is no longer dominant.

Christ, take one honest look at him, John. He's deteriorated. There is prime left, but, it's not apparent at first blush. You have to watch the entire game and pick the moment.

i don't think he is as good as he once was, never said otherwise. but don't underestimate his supporting cast making things easier for him...he wore down last year, it was as clear as day. there is less chance of that happening with this current squad, imo. and the same goes for manu.

the spurs don't need MVP duncan to win the NBA finals this year...they don't need manu in his prime either. they just need to be relatively healthy...and the odds of that are fairly good. its like that toby keith song..."i aint as good as i once was, but i'm as good once, as i ever was."

fwiw, kobe isn't what he was either...but he's still great.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes, they're both good players.

Is Pau Gasol a "good" player? Or is he on a different tier?

exstatic
07-26-2009, 08:26 PM
His shooting percentage will jump 7-8% playing on the best team in the league. No need for him to go one on one anymore, we have the best in the game at that.

A normal person might react like that, although I think maybe a 4% bump in FG% might be more realistic, but this IS Artest we're talking about.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
i don't think he is as good as he once was, never said otherwise. but don't underestimate his supporting cast making things easier for him...he wore down last year, it was as clear as day. there is less chance of that happening with this current squad, imo. and the same goes for manu.

the spurs don't need MVP duncan to win the NBA finals this year...they don't need manu in his prime either. they just need to be relatively healthy...and the odds of that are fairly good.

fwiw, kobe isn't what he was either...but he's still great.

Your capitulation on these points is commendable.

And in the spirit you've cast I'll readily admit that yes indeed Kobe has deteriorated. To claim otherwise would be ridiculous.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM

but what did i give up?

BadOdor
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM

And in the spirit you've cast I'll readily admit that yes indeed Kobe has deteriorated. To claim otherwise would be ridiculous.

Indeed. However, kobe was still competing for the mvp last year, and will so again. Kobe has just the right set of skills and work ethic to be very effective for 4-6 more years.

Duncan is a different case. He has tendinitis, which will only detereiorate with time. He is slow and can't jump. He is no longer the duncan of old......and without the duncan of old, the spurs are done. In 4 years, when Duncan is retired and parker has escaped into a bigger market, they will return to obscurity.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:30 PM
A normal person might react like that, although I think maybe a 4% bump in FG% might be more realistic, but this IS Artest we're talking about.

I'd be grateful if he just doesn't shit himself like Richmond, Murray, Meds and Vug and a host of others have. Or, literally cry like Hunter & Rider did.

Just first do no harm. Everything after that will be gravy.

exstatic
07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Dominate players such as Kobe and Gasol tend to carry their skill level at least until 35 years of age. Right now, Kobe and Gasol is the best one-two punch in the league, and have been for the past two seasons. No one is even close to that combo right now.

SGs who play above the rim don't last at an elite level until 35. He'll be very good, but right now he scores 35 with double teams. At that point, he'll be single covered doing about the same damage and his open team mates will all be covered with their own defenders. Believe me, it makes a huge difference. The Spurs were not able to exploit Diop's offensive weakness in 2006 against Dallas and he did a man's job of defending Duncan one on one. Duncan still put up a lot of points, but the 3 point shooters were never able to get untracked.

exstatic
07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd be grateful if he just doesn't shit himself like Richmond, Murray, Meds and Vug and a host of others have. Or, literally cry like Hunter & Rider did.

Just first do no harm. Everything after that will be gravy.

You may be expecting too much from Ron Ron. :lol He really is nuts.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2009, 08:35 PM
LMAO @ the Laker fans who think that just b/c Ron Ron is in L.A. now means that he won't play 1 on 1 basketball at any given moment......Just wait for it

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:35 PM
but what did i give up?

Nothing, but, that hunk of logic you just tortured will never be the same. And how you got 10lbs of shit into that 5lb bag is beyond me & mine.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Indeed. However, kobe was still competing for the mvp last year, and will so again. Kobe has just the right set of skills and work ethic to be very effective for 4-6 more years.

Duncan is a different case. He has tendinitis, which will only detereiorate with time. He is slow and can't jump. He is no longer the duncan of old......and without the duncan of old, the spurs are done. In 4 years, when Duncan is retired and parker has escaped into a bigger market, they will return to obscurity.

thx...now i don't have to watch this upcoming season.

johngateswhiteley
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Nothing, but, that hunk of logic you just tortured will never be the same. And how you got 10lbs of shit into that 5lb bag is beyond me & mine.

i don't follow, but ok.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
LMAO @ the Laker fans who think that just b/c Ron Ron is in L.A. now means that he won't play 1 on 1 basketball at any given moment......Just wait for it

I for one would welcome with open arms those maniacal bull rushes to the side of the rim Artest has perfomed at every stop along the way. Now of course I also welcomed Bynum Gasol and Odom across the front, but, Jackson was adamant in his comprehensive refusal, so, I ain't holdin' my breath for the bull rushes.

Kevin Harlan
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
ohhhh jack sommerset, with no regard for human life!

TMTTRIO
07-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Manu's had a bad year and a half full of injuries but I don't think he's done. After he had the surgery and before we found out that he had that stress fracture he was starting to really become himself and have several 30 point games (even during the time of his stress fracture). He may be starting to decline but I think he has a few more years left. One thing I'm wondering is how his game is going to change. He's already started to rely more on his jumpshot. He's said recently that he wants to continue to work and improve on his jumpshot and knowing how these injuries have mentally affected him I think we'll see Manu becoming more and more of a jump shooter and less slashing to the basket.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
He's said recently that he wants to continue to work and improve on his jumpshot and knowing how these injuries have mentally affected him I think we'll see Manu becoming more and more of a jump shooter and less slashing to the basket.

If that turns out to be reality, then he's not Manu. His caveat was his ability to impose his will on the oppoent, breaking them physically, while simultaneously destroying them mentally. It was in his eyes, the open contempt for his opponent, refusing to even acknowledge their physical presence in the midst of the chaos he'd just executed.

He.never.said.a.word.

It was gorgeous upon sight. Even this LakersWhore joyfully acknowledges that.

TheManFromAcme
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Are you serious? The Spurs had a 20 point lead 4 times and the only time they held on to it was when Manu played well. The Spurs rotation that year needed Manu to pick up the scoring load and when he didn't the Spurs found themselves behind or with their lead lost. A healthy Manu in 2008 and the Spurs face the Celtics in the finals.

Getting into this rather late but I must ask;

I understand the "Spurs rotation needing Manu" bit what does it say OVERALL about a team that loses 20 point leads 4 times?

4 times?

I am just asking Phila.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Tough beans.

Culburn avoiding answering the question, to save his ass...

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Dominate players such as Kobe and Gasol tend to carry their skill level at least until 35 years of age. Right now, Kobe and Gasol is the best one-two punch in the league, and have been for the past two seasons. No one is even close to that combo right now.

You gonna keep skating around the fact that you contradict yourself with this statement? And you are full of shit if you try to save your ass by saying Gasol is a dominant player and Duncan isn't...

Duncan's only 33, and was still ALL NBA 2nd Team PF. Where was Gasol if he's more dominant?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Culburn avoiding answering the question, to save his ass...

Please.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 09:59 PM
And you are full of shit if you try to save your ass by saying Gasol is a dominant player and Duncan isn't

I'll go half way...Duncan is not a dominant player any longer. Gasol is on the precipice of that dominant designation, but I can't declare it.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I see the point you making but they never had a twenty point lead more than once. They had a 17 point lead, and all of the other games, they never even say the lead.

You either can't read or you just like lying.

Game 1
5:54 Tim Duncan makes 7-foot hook shot 65-45

Game 3
6:54 66-86 Brent Barry makes 26-foot three point jumper (Fabricio Oberto assists)

3:00 78-98 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 1 of 2

2:46 80-100 Ime Udoka makes free throw 1 of 2

Game 5
10:18 Brent Barry makes 26-foot three point jumper (Manu Ginobili assists) 33-16

4:33 Tony Parker makes driving layup 42-26

3 different games (you're wrong about it being 2) with leads of 16 points and up.

I'm leaning towards can't read.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
You either can't read or you just like lying.

Pot meet kettle.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:11 PM
It's true, Shasta, you do look like a dunski, sonny.

La Peace
07-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, do you think Bynum is coming back 100% healthy, OP? Most non laker fans don't care because they tend to assume he is just not going to be healthy. Which is completely acceptable, but I am not going around starting threads about it or how it "upsets me". Because it doesn't. What will happen will happen and I just hope my team is healthy.

And I used this example because the last two years they both have yielded the same results come season's end becaues of injury. Last two years Manu has either been out of the playoffs (09) or sucked horribly in the play offs because of injury (08). Same goes for Bynum just flip the years. When healthy they are both difference makers.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Pot meet kettle.

:lol I asked for a clarification since you said I was wrong. Never got it.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Looks like you cant read. Your Spur brethren said in four games that you guys blew 20 point leads. Can you count?

I see the point you making but they never had a twenty point lead more than once. They had a 17 point lead, and all of the other games, they never even say the lead.

It's irrelevant what anyone else is saying. I corrected you once and you either ignored it or can't read.

It's true, Shasta, you do look like a dunski, sonny.

Says the Laker fan on a Spurs fan forum.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Says the Laker fan on a Spurs fan forum.

Horseshit. It's the NBA Forum. I wouldn't be caught dead in the Spurs fan area of this site.

anakha
What was the point of all this arguing again?

Shastafarian
Please.

http://karimcintoshdesign.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/pussy-galore.jpg

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:24 PM
What was the point of all this arguing again?

Lee missed those two layups and Howard missed those free throws.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Horseshit. It's the NBA Forum. I wouldn't be caught dead in the Spurs fan area of this site.

hahaha so you just happened to wander to a site with the url www.spurstalk.com?

anakha
07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Lee missed those two layups and Howard missed those free throws.

So it's not about Ginobili anymore? :headscratch

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
So it's not about Ginobili anymore? :headscratch

It's about a couple Laker fans not know the meaning of some very simple words.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:27 PM
hahaha so you just happened to wander to a site with the url www.spurstalk.com? (http://www.spurstalk.com?)

No, Suns fans had recommended this place many times.

Shastafarian
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
No, Suns fans had recommended this place many times.

Lakers Ground not doin it for ya?

anakha
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Alright...

Pardon the interruption, carry on with... whatever this debate is about.

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Lakers Ground not doin it for ya?

I don't do Lakers sites. They're tedious and beneath me. I've never posted on one in my life. I do Suns site, but, I'm banned from all of them. So, Kori heard thru the grapevine my predicament and sent me a nice telegram inviting me to join. I came aboard, starting trol....I mean started posting. Dunc started peeking up my kimono, and the rest is pretty well as you see it.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I'll go half way...Duncan is not a dominant player any longer. Gasol is on the precipice of that dominant designation, but I can't declare it.

So you agree that Gasol is not a dominant player. Was that so hard to do? Gosh, it was like pulling teeth getting it out of you...:toast

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
So you agree that Gasol is not a dominant player. Was that so hard to do? Gosh, it was like pulling teeth getting it out of you...:toast

Christ, don't you have any original materiel, Dunc? gd copycat, you.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't do Lakers sites. They're tedious and beneath me. I've never posted on one in my life. I do Suns site, but, I'm banned from all of them. So, Kori heard thru the grapevine my predicament and sent me a nice telegram inviting me to join. I came aboard, starting trol....I mean started posting. Dunc started peeking up my kimono, and the rest is pretty well as you see it.

Yep, sums up your 800 posts of crap in 2 weeks contribution to this board in a nutshell.:toast

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Christ, don't you have any original materiel, Dunc? gd copycat, you.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...:toast

Can't you take what you so willingly dish out?

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Yep, sums up your 800 posts of crap in 2 weeks contribution to this board in a nutshell.:toast

Usually takes me longer than that. You guys were lit up pretty bright before I got here.

jejejeje!!!

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...:toast

Can't you take what you so willingly dish out?

Hell yes, I can, that's the fun of it.

Leetonidas
07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
:lmao @ this topic.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Hell yes, I can, that's the fun of it.

Then quit bitching about other people "using your material." Not like you have it copyrighted.

You're like a broken record with your pot shots anyway. Get some orignal material, why don't you...;)

Culburn369
07-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Then quit bitching about other people "using your material." Not like you have it copyrighted.

You're like a broken record with your pot shots anyway. Get some orignal material, why don't you...;)

It's horseshit. It's wrong to use my materiel, Dunc. All kidding aside, it's not right, dude.

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
It's horseshit. It's wrong to use my materiel, Dunc. All kidding aside, it's not right, dude.

And why is that? Please explain the SpursTalk NBA Forum arts to me...:toast

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Come back soon, Culburn. I'm ready to bust your chops again when you finish watching Matlock re-runs.

peskypesky
07-26-2009, 11:12 PM
this topic makes me sleepy

Dunc n Dave
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM

You gonna keep skating around the fact that you contradict yourself with this statement? And you are full of shit if you try to save your ass by saying Gasol is a dominant player and Duncan isn't...

Duncan's only 33, and was still ALL NBA 2nd Team PF. Where was Gasol if he's more dominant?

These Laker trolls sure do turn tail and run when you catch them contradicting themselves. Not to worry, he'll be starting another thread tomorrow about Richard Jefferson being gay to get back to his trolling ways.

tlongII
07-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Spurs fans just can't accept that it's over for them. Duncan was great, but not any longer. That's what happens when you have arthritic knees.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 02:53 AM

If that's complementing Duncan, it sure was backhanded. You talk about Duncan not being able winning another one, yet your argument for the Lakers being able to win again is that Kobe and Gasol will play at a high level until they are 35? Bullshit...

Are you saying Duncan at 33 and Ginobili at 32 CAN'T play at a championship level, but Kobe/Pau can until they are 35? Please...

Pau is 29, we'll see in 3 years if he can average nearly 20 and 10 at age 32 like Duncan did. I'll bet he can't...., he's even less athletic than Duncan and has a lower Bball IQ to boot. He'll be lucky to average 12pt and 6 rebounds at age 32.

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 02:56 AM
He'll be lucky to average 12pt and 6 rebounds at age 32.

:lol

johngateswhiteley
07-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Spurs fans just can't accept that it's over for them. Duncan was great, but not any longer. That's what happens when you have arthritic knees.

ok...i don't understand posts like these. they are a complete waste of time and add nothing to the forum...or anything for that matter. no substance, not clever and not entertaining. i'm not picking on just you tlong...half the damn board posts like they are in 5th grade. boggles the mind...

DAF86
07-27-2009, 03:54 AM
That's just because he signed with the Lakers, DAF.

Wrong. Go ask any poster that has been here more than a few months and you'll see that I always say the same about Arstest, even when there was a romour about the Spurs getting him.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 05:37 AM
ok...i don't understand posts like these.

Loved ones (that is you, John) are usually the first to condemn the truth.

Muser
07-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Only on spurstalk.

sabar
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Lmao at ANOTHER thread with laker fans reassuring themselves that the spurs are no threat.

Lakaluva is as obsessed with the spurs as he is about RJs sexuality. Both are a bit disturbing.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Lmao at ANOTHER thread with laker fans reassuring themselves that the spurs are no threat.

We watched the Mavs. At 4-1 they assured you & I both.

DAF86
07-27-2009, 06:04 AM

Spurs line-up vs Mavs-

Tony
Mason
Finley
Bonner
Duncan

Rotation players-
Bowen
Thomas
Gooden
(Hill played to little to late)

Spurs expected line-up for this season

Tony
Manu
RJ
Dice
Duncan

Rotation players-

Hill
Mason
Blair
Mahinmi

Big difference don't you think?

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Yer old & decrepit, DAF. Yer entire first 5 has played a lot of games, Parker included.

& your bench is woeful.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 06:21 AM
& your bench is woeful.

I'm your 6th man!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/dhays17/Sasha18.jpg

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm your 6th man!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/dhays17/Sasha18.jpg

Citing my woefuls ain't gonna make yer woefuls any better, Shasta.

DAF86
07-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Does this seem like the highlights of a guy that's done?

gW3DxZB0tQE

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Citing my woefuls ain't gonna make yer woefuls any better, Shasta.

The comparison does just that. Kinda funny you say the Spurs bench is "woeful" when (assuming Odom doesn't re-sign) Sasha Vujacic is your 6th man. Even if Odom does re-sign, the Lakers depth is mediocre at best. Not sure why you would criticize our bench when yours is infested with termites.

Muser
07-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Metallica in a NBA mix? Didn't think i'd see that.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:38 AM
The comparison does just that. Kinda funny you say the Spurs bench is "woeful" when (assuming Odom doesn't re-sign) Sasha Vujacic is your 6th man. Even if Odom does re-sign, the Lakers depth is mediocre at best. Not sure why you would criticize our bench when yours is infested with termites.

Your bench is woeful. How does citing my woeful bench make yours less woeful.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Your bench is woeful. How does citing my woeful bench make yours less woeful.

Sorry I should've explained better. I don't think our bench is woeful. My citing that your bench is shit should've gone to better show (you) how woeful your bench is.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Sorry I should've explained better. I don't think our bench is woeful. My citing that your bench is shit should've gone to better show (you) how woeful your bench is.

But, your bench is woeful. My bench is woeful. Citing my woeful bench to make your woeful bench look better is silly, Shasta.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 06:49 AM
But, your bench is woeful. Not really.
George Hill - If nothing more a better than average defender
Manu Ginobili or Roger Mason Jr. - If Manu is healthy, and all signs say he is, he's the best 6th man in the league. If he ends up starting, Mason Jr. could be up there as well in terms of excellent 6th men. You Laker fans saw how clutch he can be
Malik Hairston/Michael Finley - eh. Potential but not much more (Hairston). Finley sucks but he can shoot on occasion.
DeJuan Blair - Again, potential and not much more as of now. But he could be a great rebounder
Ian Mahinmi - good for 6 fouls!

My bench is woeful. Citing my woeful bench to make your woeful bench look better is silly, Shasta.

Spurs bench >>>>>>>> Lakers bench

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Not really.
Manu Ginobili or Roger Mason Jr. - If Manu is healthy, and all signs say he is, he's the best 6th man in the league. If he ends up starting, Mason Jr. could be up there as well in terms of excellent 6th men. You Laker fans saw how clutch he can be
Malik Hairston/Michael Finley - eh. Potential but not much more (Hairston). Finley sucks but he can shoot on occasion.
DeJuan Blair - Again, potential and not much more as of now. But he could be a great rebounder

Yer a sneaky little shit, Shasta. First you put Manu in the starting lineup. Then after I nail your ass to the wall you put him the on the bench.

That ain't right.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Yer a sneaky little shit, Shasta. First you put Manu in the starting lineup. Then after I nail your ass to the wall you put him the on the bench.

That ain't right.

When did I put him in the starting lineup other than just then in that post? How does even make a difference when I talk about both scenarios?

DAF86
07-27-2009, 06:54 AM

That ain't right.

I put Manu on the starting line-up try to keep up.

DAF86
07-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Not really.

Let's not even mention that if everything goes according to the plan we would have one of the best 3 point shooter last season as our 11th or 12th man.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:59 AM
I put Manu on the starting line-up try to keep up.

Uh, oh, sorry about calling you a sneaky little shit, Shasta.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Uh, oh, sorry about calling you a sneaky little shit, Shasta.

It happens

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, I got my 900th. I'm goin' back to bed, fellows.

Night-night.

benefactor
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM

...just like saying things like "lol Spurs fan! You got handled by the Mavs in the first round last year think you can beat us now? lolololol!" is retarded. That doesn't stop them from continuing to do it though.
:sleep

Leetonidas
07-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Spurs bench >>>>> Lakers bench.

Manu will not be starting, so that gives the Spurs a bench of:

Ginobili
Hill
Hairston
Blair
Bonner/Haislip

While the second unit for the Lakers looks like:

Vujacic
Farmar
Walton
Brown
Mbenga/Powell

Spurs bench >>>>>> Lakers bench, and it ain't even close. :lmao

The_Game
07-27-2009, 12:19 PM
the fact manu is 32 and has injury problems is a big sign and a trend could be likely..one more injury and he is done.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Spurs bench >>>>> Lakers bench.

Manu will not be starting, so that gives the Spurs a bench of:

Ginobili
Hill
Hairston
Blair
Bonner/Haislip

While the second unit for the Lakers looks like:

Vujacic
Farmar
Walton
Brown
Mbenga/Powell

Spurs bench >>>>>> Lakers bench, and it ain't even close. :lmao

Odom is on our bench and he cancels Manu out, provided Trapper John releases Manu from MASH.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Odom is on our bench and he cancels Manu out, provided Trapper John releases Manu from MASH.

LOL @ Lakerfan actually believing Odom=Manu. The same guy your Laker brethren complain is inconsistent and plays with no heart 90% of the time?

Oh I get it now, you must be an old hippie. Keep on puffin and buying your own bullshit. Next you'll say that Luke Walton is a future HOF'er...

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
the fact manu is 32 and has injury problems is a big sign and a trend could be likely..one more injury and he is done.

The fact that Andrew Bynum is 21 and has had 2 MAJOR injuries says a lot more...

Big men with knee surgeries don't have a history of getting beck to their pre-surgery form very often. Oh but Bynum is a Laker, so he's superhuman and can do it, right?

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL @ Lakerfan actually believing Odom=Manu. The same guy your Laker brethren complain is inconsistent and plays with no heart 90% of the time?

Oh I get it now, you must be an old hippie. Keep on puffin and buying your own bullshit. Next you'll say that Luke Walton is a future HOF'er...

I don't think Odom plays without heart. He definitely plays without a brain at times, though.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
The fact that Andrew Bynum is 21 and has had 2 MAJOR injuries says a lot more.

Dunc, do you know for a fact that he actually got cut on those injuries? I was under an impression that it was just physical rehab.

I ain't f'in around or tryin' to set you up. I honestly don't know and would like to confirm the particulars.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Dunc, do you know for a fact that he actually got cut on those injuries? I was under an impression that it was just physical rehab.

I ain't f'in around or tryin' to set you up. I honestly don't know and would like to confirm the particulars.

The one that ended his 2008 season was a surgery. Arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. Had one of those done myself in high school.

The one in 2009 was a torn MCL in his RIGHT knee. (2 bad knees!) No actual surgery on that one.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks.

mytespurs
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Just perusing the various post in this thread, if you didn't know better, you'd think Manu is finished....he should just retire! :lol

If for some inane reason, the Spurs decide not to attempt to resign Ginobili, I would love to see just how many teams would line up in an attempt to sign him. I'd think that line will be pretty long providing his health is good.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
providing his health is good.

:rolleyes

ffadicted
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't care if Manu has an amazing season, I just want him to have an amazing playoff run in the 20-some actually important games of the year.