PDA

View Full Version : lol usa

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
lolololool

Mexico. Bitches. I knew they were gooing too win. August 12 is next
iin Estadio Azteca. USA can't keep up with Gio, he's too good.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 3 a zerfooooooo

balli
07-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Soccer?

Winning in soccer is like getting an A in a special education class. It may make you feel good, but everybody still knows you're a retard.

Slydragon
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
International forum

iggypop123
07-26-2009, 04:14 PM
they might as well rename East Rutherford puebla. i havent seen that many mexicans since my trip to king taco

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 04:44 PM
And they moved it from Pasadena to stay away froom the Mexicans.

PakiDan
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Soccer?

Winning in soccer is like getting an A in a special education class. It may make you feel good, but everybody still knows you're a retard.

Hahahahaha! :lmao :nutkick::tu

Bigzax
07-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Mexico Bitches?

shit...only thing mexico is good for is the drug trade and a couple of beaches.

congrats on your soccer team's victory though.

MannyIsGod
07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats on beating the B team.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Can Mexico beat the Greek team?

Sense
07-26-2009, 05:43 PM
You know... this isn't Mexico's A team.

It has a couple of players from it, but that excuse is getting lame. "Nice you beat the B team."

In fact I don't even think there's a definite A team for Mexico. The lineups keep changing so much they're just trying to find the right team that wants to win and is passionate about playing for Mexico that I think they might've found something close to it.

It's just exciting to see youth win this shit. Because that's what Mexico's was. The young players beat the "USA B team".

I'll take it.

MannyIsGod
07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Its not an excuse. Its a fact. You beat the b team. I don't care who was on Mexico's team was a b team also. I don't go bragging to other teams fans when the Spurs summer league team wins.

OH BACK THE FUCK OFF HORNETS FANS LOL WE BEAT YOU IN SUMMER LEAGUE LOL OWNED.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Its not an excuse. Its a fact. You beat the b team. I don't care who was on Mexico's team was a b team also. I don't go bragging to other teams fans when the Spurs summer league team wins.

+1. Let alone brag about one victory in how many years in the USA. 10 I think. Mexico used to be great. They have fallen off why as USA is only getting better.

balli
07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
A team? B team? Matters not. The USA doesn't play or care about soccer. Sure we have a team, but our best class of athletes doesn't play on it. Our 15th best class of athletes doesn't play on it. No other nation should ever derive satisfaction or pride out of beating the USA in soccer.

My dad's an awesome golfer. I'm terrible. I wouldn't even say I play golf. But a couple times a year I go shoot 18 with him. If he were to hypothetically celebrate and/or feel good about himself because he beat me by 30 strokes, I'd be like, "are you fucking kidding me? I don't even play golf."

That's how I feel about celebratory victories over the USA in soccer. Are you fucking kidding me? We don't even play soccer.

Hahahahaha!
In the interest of disclosure I'd like to reveal I read that somewhere the other day... and plagiarized it. I'm just hoping it wasn't here that I read it.

Vici
07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
It was more like USA's C team. Most of our B team players are already back with their clubs training for the upcoming season.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
+1. Let alone brag about one victory in how many years in the USA. 10 I think. Mexico used to be great. They have fallen off why as USA is only getting better.

Mexico was never great. They were very good at times, but never great. USA was just very bad before the new millenium.

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Where do you live?

Sense
07-26-2009, 06:24 PM

There is one person bragging in this thread.

SonOfAGun
07-26-2009, 06:28 PM
USA has a soccer team?

tlongII
07-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Dude...

I thought you were an american?

manufan10
07-26-2009, 06:38 PM
lol soccer

:D

robino2001
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Dude, thanks for putting it in here instead of the friggen other sports thread... I come in the club assuming that any soccer stuff would be where you put the other thread.

Spurstalk is one of the few sites I can go to when I've DVR'd something because you can typically avoid running into what you don't want to run into as long as you avoid the forums you know to stay out of.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 06:57 PM
One thing I noticed about the Mexican national team over the years is they are sore losers. As soon as the other team goes ahead of them they start nailing people all over the feild,arguing with the other team and players.l Wonder why that is. I have been watching for 25 years. I like the soccer and have paid to watch the Mexican team. I'm not saying this to be a dick, I am saying this because I really think they are sore losers.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
USA has a soccer team?

I think soccer moved ahead of the NHL. I am not talking about the MLS vs NHL but I am saying people watch soccer more now in the USA over hockey.

lefty
07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Lmao usa

mookie2001
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
he is american naturally, he has coherent posts and likes american football

hes a california "mexican", totally different you and me

mookie2001
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I knew they were gooing too win
except that one

greenroom
07-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Good Job Mexico. You killed our C Team with most of your A team. I am actually glad you beat us this bad, because I am almost willing to be my house that the US will beat Mexico next month.

The only reason I would not bet the house is that with the refs you never know when that silly red card will come out and what it is for.

So congrats on beating the US Team that you will never been seen again.

EricB
07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
That game and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at starbucks.

Whoopdee doo.

IronMexican
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
lol, I love America but rooot for where my family came from. Nothing wrong with that. mookie, all my shitty spelling posts happen when I post from my phone.

Das Texan
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
heard there were some really class bitchass mexico fans in the stands today throwing shit at american fans.

stay classy.

dirk4mvp
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I wonder if the mookie crew could beat usa in futbol.

Sense
07-26-2009, 09:54 PM
This is funny... a loss like this is really pissing you guys off huh?

tlongII
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Mexico kicked our ass. Props to them. I don't really understand why so many Mexican-Americans are happy about it though. I thought they were Americans?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Mexico really should just keep its head down. You beat us in what quite truly is the redheaded stepchild's retarded friend of American sports. Thats great.

Lets see what you suck at:

Complete loss of control of Baja, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Guerroa and Michoacan. My favorite was when one of the cartels kidnapped the guy the feds had brought in as a kidnapping expert.

Largest rich poor gap in the western hemisphere. Last time i was in Monterrey there was a town out side of Walmart that was built out of castoff Walmart pallets.

Political corruption that rivals Zimbabwe. The interior department screwing over the indigenous tribes. We stopped doing that back in the early 19th century over 150 years ago. The drug czar taking $100k a month from the Juarez cartel.

So bravo you won a soccer game.

iggypop123
07-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Mexico kicked our ass. Props to them. I don't really understand why so many Mexican-Americans are happy about it though. I thought they were Americans?

breaking news. they didn't assimilate

Sense
07-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Mexico really should just keep its head down. You beat us in what quite truly is the redheaded stepchild's retarded friend of American sports. Thats great.

Lets see what you suck at:

Complete loss of control of Baja, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Guerroa and Michoacan. My favorite was when one of the cartels kidnapped the guy the feds had brought in as a kidnapping expert.

Largest rich poor gap in the western hemisphere. Last time i was in Monterrey there was a town out side of Walmart that was built out of castoff Walmart pallets.

Political corruption that rivals Zimbabwe. The interior department screwing over the indigenous tribes. We stopped doing that back in the early 19th century over 150 years ago. The drug czar taking $100k a month from the Juarez cartel.

So bravo you won a soccer game.

Why are you mad? Read the bold....

this isn't a Mexico is a better place to live than USA thread.

Rogue
07-27-2009, 06:40 AM
US does have a soccer team and the team has plentiful decent footballers on team, like Donovan and McBride. However, this team has never been considered great in the international world although Team US attended the past 4 consecutive world cups from 94 to 06, and even once made the 1/4 finals in Korea/Japan 02.

With the total popularity being shared by basketball, baseball and football in nation wide, the young guys generally have dreams of becoming big names in the 3 major leagues while very few of them has ever considered taking soccer as their career. The US soccer team need to recruit some decent newbies now that most of its pivotal players like Donovan and McBride are already on the red side of 30.

resistanze
07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
lol bitter

robino2001
07-27-2009, 08:26 AM
US does have a soccer team and the team has plentiful decent footballers on team, like Donovan and McBride. However, this team has never been considered great in the international world although Team US attended the past 4 consecutive world cups from 94 to 06, and even once made the 1/4 finals in Korea/Japan 02.

With the total popularity being shared by basketball, baseball and football in nation wide, the young guys generally have dreams of becoming big names in the 3 major leagues while very few of them has ever considered taking soccer as their career. The US soccer team need to recruit some decent newbies now that most of its pivotal players like Donovan and McBride are already on the red side of 30.

Donovan is 27... McBride is 37 and retired from international after WC06 (except for a token run in the olympics). I don't think very many of the main US players are over 30 right now. Shit - Altidore, isn't even 20 yet. Cherundolo, Ching and Bocanegra are right at 30... Howard I think is right at 30. Only Hejduk, Mastroeni and Lewis are 31+ I think. It looks to me the US has already recruited the decent younger players... after all, the Gold Cup team (as everyone has said) was the B/C team with all of the major players left off the roster due to the deep Confederations run.

The whole Gold Cup was a smart move on US Soccers part, IMO... why not give all of these younger, internationally inexperienced kids semi-meaningful CAPs in a tourney that really doesn't mean anything going forward outside of pride (no confed cup birth, etc). A lot of these younger players I'd never heard much from looked great - having international games under their belts will just help in the future because it is time to get the players that never panned out out of the system (Beasley, Adu though it's still semi-early, etc).

Something someone can probably answer... I thought Mexico sent their "B" team too but a lot of people are making it some like they sent a majority of their starting 11. I assume Oswaldo is still the #1 keeper for them and maybe a few of the older players that have been around are reserves now - but is/was this Mexican squad pretty similar to the one that'll be in Azteca in a few weeks?

samikeyp
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Apparently not.

Although they are lucky to live in a country where you can root against your own country and not get shot for it.

Phenomanul
07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Apparently not.

Although they are lucky to live in a country where you can root against your own country and not get shot for it.

It's far more complicated than that... I don't "root against the US" they're just my third team when it comes to soccer... Mexico, Brazil, then USA... and I've never even been to Brazil... I root for the US whenever they play someone outside of those two other teams... In fact, I was extatic the day they beat Spain last month...

I follow Mexican 1st Division Soccer, I grew up on it... and my father used to play in that league back in his day... it's called heritage.

Some people forget that diversity is what makes this country great... one's allegiance should not be questioned based on such trivialities as what soccer team they root for... :nope

In soccer, National Teams represent the sport's best world league. Rooting for Italy or Uruguay is no different than rooting for the Lakers or the Knicks even though you reside in San Antonio, or rooting for the Yankees, or the Steelers even though you reside in Dallas. It's just a team choice. Some people just like to play the "Nationality card" much like they play the race card especially when they don't understand the context.

This isn't siding with someone else's military, or their politics... it's only soccer people. :downspin:

samikeyp
07-27-2009, 02:56 PM
It's far more complicated than that... I don't "root against the US" they're just my third team when it comes to soccer... Mexico, Brazil, then USA... and I've never even been to Brazil... I root for the US whenever they play someone outside of those two other teams... In fact, I was extatic the day they beat Spain last month...

I follow Mexican 1st Division Soccer, I grew up on it... and my father used to play in that league back in his day... it's called heritage.

Some people forget that diversity is what makes this country great... one's allegiance should not be questioned based on such trivialities as what soccer team they root for... :nope

In soccer, National Teams represent the sport's best world league. Rooting for Italy or Uruguay is no different than rooting for the Lakers or the Knicks even though you reside in San Antonio, or rooting for the Yankees, or the Steelers even though you reside in Dallas. It's just a team choice. Some people just like to play the "Nationality card" much like they play the race card especially when they don't understand the context.

This isn't siding with someone else's military, or their politics... it's only soccer people. :downspin:

You got me wrong. I didn't say people shouldn't root for whomever they want. Go ahead. Personally, I root for my country and I don't like it when people from the US root against the US. That being said, I don't think just because I do something means i'm right and everyone else is wrong (another problem we have in this world) It's a personal choice, not a suggested choice of action.

As far as the heritage part goes....if you are born in the USA..isn't that also part of your heritage?

phxspurfan
07-27-2009, 03:08 PM
it is time to get the players that never panned out out of the system (Beasley, Adu though it's still semi-early, etc).

Adu never panned out? I thought he was a child soccer prodigy.

Phenomanul
07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
You got me wrong. I didn't say people shouldn't root for whomever they want. Go ahead. Personally, I root for my country and I don't like it when people from the US root against the US. That being said, I don't think just because I do something means i'm right and everyone else is wrong (another problem we have in this world) It's a personal choice, not a suggested choice of action.

As far as the heritage part goes....if you are born in the USA..isn't that also part of your heritage?

I root for Michael Phelps and most US Olympians for that matter, for US Baseball/Softball teams, the US Hockey team, for Roddick and the Williams' sisters, USA Basketball (well technically I was rooting for Argentina due to Bowen's, and Pop's exclusion from the team and in a post-David Robinson era)... for the US in the Ryders Cups... that said, I simply don't root for US Soccer as my first team... IMO, people in that boat should not be crucified nor should they be made out to be anti-US... it's rather hurtful.

Just as a corollary where was this nationalistic outcry when people rooted for Federer over Roddick?

mookie2001
07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
/hispanic forum

see tlong

the hispanic culture is different, just here in south central texas there are-

Mexicans, aka wetbacks- who cant speak english worth shit and slowly drive old loud pickups with every body accessory possible and like to dress up like gay cowboys

hispanics americans who think its cool to wear hecho en mexico shirts and sport the mexican flag because theyre "mexican" and try to act like vatos locos and wear "Loc" brand "locs". ususally some family members speak real spanish

There are tejanos who understand and respect what it means to be american and tejano but still like gritos and the intoxicating baselines that orginated in texas, usually some family speak spanish or texmex and they scoff Mexicans like no other

and then theres the rest that have been in texas since 1836, nobody speaks spanish and for all they figure, theyre white and could give a shit about culture or mexico

and then there are california mexicans who call themselves "Latino" for a reason nobody can explain. nobody knows shit about them besides the stereotypical shit we see in the movies

samikeyp
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
IMO, people in that boat should not be crucified nor should they be made out to be anti-US... it's rather hurtful.

And I did neither. If you got hurt, then it was a misinterpretation of my comments.

Just as a corollary where was this nationalistic outcry when people rooted for Federer over Roddick?

I think more of an accurate tennis corollary would be if people rooted against the US Davis Cup team. Individual professionals are different in that they are not part of a national team or in that competition for the sole purpose of representing their country.

FWIW, I rooted for Roddick because he was an American but I wasn't "against" Federer because he is a great champion and a class act.

Ditty
07-27-2009, 04:28 PM
i went yesterday during my lunch break to the shops at la cantera and all the mexicans from mexico were in the food court watching the game and i can give a shit less about soccer myself and they get all rowdy when there team scored

all the rich white people had to leave lol

but as a mexican who cant stand soccer i rather have the US win

SonOfAGun
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Why do Mexicans drive slow? (no racist)

I have just picked up on this in the last couple months.

mookie2001
07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
they dont believe in sanctionary cities although they live in them, afraid theyll get deported, theyre good drivers though generally, just slow as hell

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 04:55 PM
/hispanic forum

see tlong

Mexicans, aka wetbacks- who cant speak english worth shit and slowly drive old loud pickups with every body accessory possible and like to dress up like gay cowboys

hispanics americans who think its cool to wear hecho en mexico shirts and sport the mexican flag because theyre "mexican" and try to act like vatos locos and wear "Loc" brand "locs". ususally some family members speak real spanish

There are tejanos who understand and respect what it means to be american and tejano but still like gritos and the intoxicating baselines that orginated in texas, usually some family speak spanish or texmex and they scoff Mexicans like no other

and then theres the rest that have been in texas since 1836, nobody speaks spanish and for all they figure, theyre white and could give a shit about culture or mexico

and then there are california mexicans who call themselves "Latino" for a reason nobody can explain. nobody knows shit about them besides the stereotypical shit we see in the movies

You're Mexican? I always thought you were white.

mookie2001
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
rofl come on dude
tejano

i dont think spurstalk has any regular posters from Mexico

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
rofl come on dude
tejano

i dont think spurstalk has any regular posters from Mexico

Nobody calls themselves chicano's out here. I think ya'll say that cause there's nothing but other Mexican's or Tejano's like you say. In California, there are a lot of Guatemalteco's and Salvi's. Some places, they even outnumber Mexicans.

marini martini
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
What Soccer Tourney is going on in Mexico??? The Lotería Cup???

MannyIsGod
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
There is one person bragging in this thread.

Yet you came in and responded to my response to his bragging.

MannyIsGod
07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
/hispanic forum

see tlong

lol best mookie post in years.

Phenomanul
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
And I did neither. If you got hurt, then it was a misinterpretation of my comments.

I think more of an accurate tennis corollary would be if people rooted against the US Davis Cup team. Individual professionals are different in that they are not part of a national team or in that competition for the sole purpose of representing their country.

FWIW, I rooted for Roddick because he was an American but I wasn't "against" Federer because he is a great champion and a class act.

Your comment wasn't hurtful per sé... I was simply describing the general antagonism that is directed towards those that root for the Mexican National Soccer team, while living in the U.S.... because somehow everyone automatically expects all U.S. residents to blindly root for the U.S. team (one which ironically has been/is represented by many nationalized players)... when there may be valid reasons for choosing not to do so...

BTW I was born in Mexico... but have lived in the U.S. since the age of 5. I was granted citizenship at the age of 14, since my mother was born in the USA. I am fortunate to have family on both sides of the border, and can enjoy the best of both worlds... I'm also pretty familiar with the histories of both nations.

mookie forgot a category... Culturally diverse people who are fluent in both English and Spanish, and who detest the use of broken-down language.

Futhermore, I feel pity for hispanics who deal with their 'inferiority complex' issues by lashing out against Mexicans... I see it far too often...