PDA

View Full Version : Portland could be a good trade partner for us

twilo73
07-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I was looking at Portland's depth chart at Hoopshype and it seems that they are going to be weak at the 4 and 5. We are now stacked there.

Could we persuade Portland to give us upgrades at the 2 or 3 (I'm thinking Rudy or Batum) for upgrades at the 4 or 5 (I'm thinking Ian and/or Booner).

I would have no problem including Mason if it means getting Rudy which I love.

Since Portland already got Miller they have no use for Blake... so this trade would work:

Rudy and Blake for Williams, Ian and Mason.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
We'd trade with Lakers before we do with Portland.

I like your style though - Rudy/Batum for Ian and Bonner. Would you take this deal if you were Bitchard?

mosdef17
07-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I do think someone like Bonner would have value on the Portland roster. A 4 man rotation of Oden, Przybilla, Aldridge and Bonner is quite decent. Don't know if I would give up Batum for him though. Maybe Webster?

Dr. Gonzo
07-27-2009, 10:05 AM
You should be a GM.

bishopospurs
07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't give up on Ian yet. If Ian turns out to be equal talent to Batum or Rudy I think we lose that trade overall. A decent center is hard to come by in today's NBA.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
They'd make a good trade partner for anyone in need of a swingman, but for some reason they seem content to stockpile them until the glut at the position pisses the players off.

picnroll
07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Portland doesn't make a good trade partner for anyone. Not long before there'll be major chemistry problems from talented players not getting PT. Then there will be players for the picking.

twilo73
07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
No need to get both Rudy and Batum actually... I like this trade:

urunobili
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Pricktchard doesn't do business with us... dunno why... :wakeup

mudyez
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
No need to get both Rudy and Batum actually... I like this trade:

:tu

SenorSpur
07-27-2009, 11:01 AM
As long as Manu is in a Spurs uniform, the prospect of aquiring a player like Rudy is merely a luxury one. The Spurs are far more in need of a player of Batum's skills, length and athleticism. Any trade talk with the Blazers MUST include Batum, more than any other player.

I'm not an advocate of shipping out Ian, but Pritch is no fool. To be in a position to nab a valued asset like Batum, it would probably cost the Spurs a player like Ian. That scenario would be the ONLY one where I would even entertain the thought of parting with him.

mountainballer
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm not an advocate of shipping out Ian, but Pritch is no fool. To be in a position to nab a valued asset like Batum, it would probably cost the Spurs a player like Ian.

to get a player like Batum, it would cost at least Hill or Blair. to even consider Ian might be enough to get Batum in return is a joke. and as you said, Pritchard is no fool.

robert1886
07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
no way they get rid of batum or rudy...if i had to put my money on someone leaving it be webster

dougp
07-27-2009, 11:37 AM
The Trailblazers are to the 3 what the Hawks are to the 2. Remember how the Hawks were stocking up on the SGs and would never trade them away?

tlongII
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I was looking at Portland's depth chart at Hoopshype and it seems that they are going to be weak at the 4 and 5. We are now stacked there.

Could we persuade Portland to give us upgrades at the 2 or 3 (I'm thinking Rudy or Batum) for upgrades at the 4 or 5 (I'm thinking Ian and/or Booner).

I would have no problem including Mason if it means getting Rudy which I love.

Since Portland already got Miller they have no use for Blake... so this trade would work:

WTF? We have the best front line in the league! :lol

Riverwalkman
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
We see potentials on Ian but Portland probably not.And they already had decent bid man rotation.

They got Andre Miller but Blake would be a good backup PG, Bayless is somewhat bust.Trading Rudy and adding Mason makes no sense, Rudy is also a good C&S player and doing much better on defensive end.

timaios
07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
WTF? We have the best front line in the league! :lol

Who is LaMarcus Aldridge's backup ?

scottspurs
07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't think RC likes Rudy Fernandez very much, but I could see him making a call in for Batum. I just don't see it happening though. I would rather be overloaded with post players than wings. Right now the Spurs have all kind of insurance in the post.

lotr1trekkie
07-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Ian needs minutes which he will not get with us or Portland. How does Batum fit with us? Backup to RJ? Blake makes too much $$$ to back up Hill.Wizards or Rockets are teams that need a young center.

bigdog
07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Ian needs minutes which he will not get with us or Portland. How does Batum fit with us? Backup to RJ? Blake makes too much $$$ to back up Hill.Wizards or Rockets are teams that need a young center.

Why wouldn't Ian get minutes? At this point, he's the 2nd string Center. Ratliff is a 3rd string at best right now.

And for the OP, the Blazers will never trade with the Spurs as long as Bitchard is their GM. Every move he makes is aimed at pissing the Spurs off.

bishopospurs
07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I would give up Mason before Ian. I know Ian is unproven, but if he works out that is ten good years of a big man. The Spurs are really stacked as it is, I don't see Bonner playing much, but essentially we would be trading Rudy for Mason. Rudy has more offensive weapons i.e. athleticism and youth.

barbacoataco
07-27-2009, 12:55 PM
We see potentials on Ian but Portland probably not.And they already had decent bid man rotation.

They got Andre Miller but Blake would be a good backup PG, Bayless is somewhat bust.Trading Rudy and adding Mason makes no sense, Rudy is also a good C&S player and doing much better on defensive end.

Bayless is not a bust. WHen he get playing time he can play. The Blazers are going to deal either Blake or Bayless. Probably Outlaw too. Either that or they are going to have locker room problems because they have too many players to get minutes.

bishopospurs
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Bayless is not a bust. WHen he get playing time he can play. The Blazers are going to deal either Blake or Bayless. Probably Outlaw too. Either that or they are going to have locker room problems because they have too many players to get minutes.
Agreed Bayless is not a bust, and I know a lot of youth on that team are not going to want to spend there early years on a 3 or 4 man deep rotation.