PDA

View Full Version : Wade, Riley in L.A. for Odom

ducks
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Wade, Riley in L.A. for Odom?Dwyane Wade(notes) and Miami Heat president Pat Riley were both in Los Angeles late Sunday possibly to make a recruiting pitch to Lamar Odom(notes), the Miami Herald reported.

Wade jokingly tweeted that he was in Los Angeles to bring Odom back to Miami.

The Miami Herald reported that it expects Odom to reach a decision on whether to sign with the Heat or return to the Los Angeles Lakers "within the next 24-48 hours."

Source: The Miami Herald
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Wade-Riley-in-L-A-for-Odom-;_ylt=AoE14UTNysGZdR8D48c3HvCLvLYF?urn=nba,178937

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Poor Riley. He didn't learn his lesson with Smush Parker. Not to cut off my own snout to spite my face but if Odom does go with him it'd be sweet if it blew up like Parker did.

23LeBronJames23
07-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Poor Riley. He didn't learn his lesson with Smush Parker. Not to cut off my own snout to spite my face but if Odom does go with him it'd be sweet if it blew up like Parker did.

Odom is better than Smush and will always be better

mytespurs
07-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Or if Lamar remains a Laker, as most have stated & believe will happen in the various Odom forums, it would be just as interesting to see if he plays as well as he did in 2009. IMHO, he was a major contributor to the Lakers championship but I know he's had a history of inconsistency at times.

Lamar seems like a great guy so I wouldn't wish him ill will if he picks the Heat but I wonder, as with Ariza, how well they will play with their respective new team(s).

TheMACHINE
07-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Or if Lamar remains a Laker, as most have stated & believe will happen in the various Odom forums, it would be just as interesting to see if he plays as well as he did in 2009. IMHO, he was a major contributor to the Lakers championship but I know he's also been inconsistent at times.

yah he shows up once every four games...but we just need him to sub in for Bynum when Bynum gets in foul trouble.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Odom is better than Smush and will always be better

True, but, I'd still like to see it backfire if he goes. Riley is a sneaky little shit.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 01:22 PM
yah he shows up once every four games...but we just need him to sub in for Bynum when Bynum gets in foul trouble.

Or when he suffers his 3rd knee injury in 3 years...

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
http://kclick.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/praying_hands.jpg

Laker fans for the next 48 hours are doing this more than they ever have in their entire LIVES...

23LeBronJames23
07-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Whens the last day Teams can sign players? Or their is no last day?

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:29 PM
http://kclick.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/praying_hands.jpg

Laker fans for the next 48 hours are doing this more than they ever have in their entire LIVES...

And if he stays we'll be in that same position. When you've lived Odom as long as we have you learn to cope.

turiaf for president
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
i think laker haters want lamar gone more than the laker fans want him here.

not saying we dont want lamar because it would be a big setback, but without lamar, the lakers are still one of the contenders. with him, the lakers are arguably the favorites to win it again next year. if he leaves, i wont lose sleep over it because the lakers, along with spurs and nuggets are going to be a top team in the west. if lamar walks, pau and bynum get more minutes and if phil wants to run small ball, artest can play the 4 for a few minutes as well.

we are talking about inconsistent lamar odom here. not kobe, not TD, not lebron......lamar odom.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
And if he stays we'll be in that same position. When you've lived Odom as long as we have you learn to cope.

Point taken, but you can't deny the impact he has on your team and the matchup problems he creates for every team in the league. Other than Kobe, he is the ONE PLAYER the Spurs (and many other teams) never had an answer for.

Muser
07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
God make your mind up already, you'd think he was LeBron with all this attention.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
i think laker haters want lamar gone more than the laker fans want him here.

The goodsPERIOD

23LeBronJames23
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
God make your mind up already, you'd think he was LeBron with all this attention.

Seriously

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Point taken, but you can't deny the impact he has on your team and the matchup problems he creates for every team in the league. Other than Kobe, he is the ONE PLAYER the Spurs (and many other teams) never had an answer for.

That impact surfaced for the first time in his Lakers career during the '09 playoffs. I have a sneaking suspicion that once he signs here, or, Hell, even there that impact will become extinct forthwith.

turiaf for president
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
^i dont think thats totally accurate. yes he's inconsistent but lamar is very talented. he will put up the same numbers as last year as he is still in his prime.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:40 PM
^i dont think thats totally accurate. yes he's inconsistent but lamar is very talented. he will put up the same numbers as last year as he is still in his prime.

"numbers"...who gives two shits about numbers. I need him to hit 3's like in Game 5 Vs Orlando. I need him to hold onto the ball first, before he fumbles it and then holds onto it. I need him to finish, not almost finish.

He did that for the '09 Playoffs. He's never done it before twixt that coast and this coast.

in2deep
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/sour%20grapes2.jpg

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!

SpursFanInAustin
07-27-2009, 01:44 PM

Which is pretty much every game.

in2deep
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Did you seriously just compare Smush Parker to Lamar Odom?

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Did you seriously just compare Smush Parker to Lamar Odom?

Don't start, DUNCAN. I ain't in the f'in mood.

Muser
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
:lol

DenDen
07-27-2009, 07:36 PM
So who's gonna sub for bynum now, when bynum gets in foul trouble, the first 3 min of the game?