PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Seed without Odom?

mfanatic
07-27-2009, 02:12 PM
What do you guys think, I personally think they're a 3rd-4th seed at best without him..

Fischer/the guy with the ears
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Walton
Pau/Powe??
Bynum/Mbenga??

LOL, really...

Muser
07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
1/2/3

Could go any way.

Ghazi
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM

ambchang
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Can barely make the playoffs.
It's painfully obvious that Kobe can't win without Shaq, or the components that a Shaq trade brought.

gaKNOW!blee
07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Probably 1st...but maybe 2nd.

turiaf for president
07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
i wasn't aware the lakers signed leon powe.....

1st or 2nd

thispego
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
lakers will take seed with our without odom

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Christ, even if he leaves it doesn't mean we're paralized until forever. There is still the trade deadline when we can feed off the beaten & broken down.

spursfan1000
07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Lakers signed Leon powe???

Texas_Ranger
07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
3rd

Stump
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM

sonic21
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
1st

75-7

PBEEZY
07-27-2009, 02:53 PM
1st or 2nd....they can still trade so this whole thread is negated till the deadline closes

Mr. Body
07-27-2009, 02:56 PM
In all seriousness, they'll still win a ton of games and feast on worse teams, but the main season will wear out the starters and they won't be quite as dangerous in the playoffs.

JamStone
07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
1st or 2nd. Just less daunting, particularly in the playoffs. And much more beatable in the playoffs. Nonetheless, still one of the favorites in the west.

Texas_Ranger
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Well if they can trade Vujabitch and Walton for LeBron then they can win it all.

baseline bum
07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
They're probably still a top 2 seed. I wouldn't write Vujacic off either; if Odom walks, I think the increased responsibility he'll get for scoring off the bench will make him have a season more like 2008 than 2009. Losing Odom would be devastating to them, but they'd still be right in the hunt for the 2010 title without him.

in2deep
07-27-2009, 03:19 PM
their bench is attrocious. They would be depending on health as much as the Spurs. And Spurs are deeper.

1. Spurs
2. Boston
3. Lakers

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't write Vujacic off either

Word.

da_suns_fan
07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Without Odom, Im not sure they would win 56 games.

No one is afraid of Bynum. Imagine if Gasol gets hurt (even for a week or two) and youre counting on Kobe and Artest to lead a team to victory.

Maybe the two of them could have a private contest for most ill-advised shots in a game.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Maybe the two of them could have a private contest for most ill-advised shots in a game.

Or, call in the Grandaddy of all ill-advised shots in a game (Steve Nash) for consult.

ambchang
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Nash shoots 48.7% from the field for his career, and over 50% from the field the last 5 seasons.

Kobe shoots 45.5 for his career, and never over 50%.

Artest shoots 42.4 for his career, and never over 50%.

What are you talking about? Nash usually takes good shots.

TheMACHINE
07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
who in the West got better that will take over take the Lakers? Spurs wont get #1...they'll rest Duncan. Denver...same? Houston...crap? Dallas might? Just because the Lakers might lose Odom doesnt mean another team automatically jumps to the #1 spot.

Mr. Body
07-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Spurs won't need a lot of Duncan to win games this year.

mavsfan1000
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Probably first place still but are more capable of getting beaten in the playoffs. With Odom, they look almost unbeatable.

da_suns_fan
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Or, call in the Grandaddy of all ill-advised shots in a game (Steve Nash) for consult.

I dont ever remember Nash taking an ill-advised shot.

I remember Kobe taking an ill-advised shot when he was quadruple teamed in the finals and decided to shoot it anyway (of course he was blocked and the game went into overtime....it wasnt at the buzzer either, Orlando had time to get one more shot off).

Or how about when Tim Thomas drained his famous three and Kobe decided to try and shoot it even though he was triple teamed by Boris, Marion and Nash?

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I dont ever remember Nash taking an ill-advised shot.

I remember Kobe taking an ill-advised shot when he was quadruple teamed in the finals and decided to shoot it anyway (of course he was blocked and the game went into overtime....it wasnt at the buzzer either, Orlando had time to get one more shot off).

Of course not.

---

Yes, that shot ended up being Lee's missed layup...the miss Media still refuses to acknowledge.

I got no problem calling Kobe out on that force. It was foolish & reckless and we were fortunate to survive it.

da_suns_fan
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Of course not.

---

Yes, that shot ended up being Lee's missed layup...the miss Media still refuses to acknowledge.

I got no problem calling Kobe out on that force. It was foolish & reckless and we were fortunate to survive it.

Cubby why are you being so logical? Are you trying to turn over a new leaf on this site as opposed to everything else Ive read of yours over the past ten (count em...TEN) years?

Spurs_210
07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
their bench is attrocious. They would be depending on health as much as the Spurs. And Spurs are deeper.

1. Spurs
2. Boston
3. Lakers
Lakers lose Odom and Boston becomes the deepest if they are not already. Lakers could still seal the #1 seed without Odom. I wouldn't count them out and wouldn't sleep on them. Spurs never really try hard enough to even seal #1.

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Cubby why are you being so logical? Are you trying to turn over a new leaf on this site as opposed to everything else Ive read of yours over the past ten (count em...TEN) years?

By & large I've always been logical, da. I just got caught in the confluence of circumstances at the old AZ Central Board. That 3 in-a-row drove those fuckers nutty nuts and they ran off to Sose's Joint and locked the door.

+ when you guys aren't threatening me to put a crocked number left of the >&< I can maintain some semblance of decency. Start in good this November and I'll be all f'in upset and pissed, walkin' the floors. It's a sickness, da. I can't even explain it. Do you remember when I'd stand outside by the lampost and my kids would flash the porch lite to signal if the Suns won or not? LMAO!!!!!! Now its just me and old lady so I don't have to leave the house no more.

And on here I didn't even realize I hated the Spurs until after I got here. That drubbing the Mavs laid on 'em 4-1? Didn't mean beans to me until I came here and saw first hand the landscape.

It's easy though to get a hate on for these guys. They're assholes are tighter than a Nun's snootch.

da_suns_fan
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
By & large I've always been logical, da. I just got caught in the confluence of circumstances at the old AZ Central Board. That 3 in-a-row drove those fuckers nutty nuts and they ran off to Sose's Joint and locked the door.

+ when you guys aren't threatening me to put a crocked number left of the >&< I can maintain some semblance of decency. Start in good this November and I'll be all f'in upset and pissed, walkin' the floors. It's a sickness, da. I can't even explain it. Do you remember when I'd stand outside by the lampost and my kids would flash the porch lite to signal if the Suns won or not? LMAO!!!!!! Now its just me and old lady so I don't have to leave the house no more.

And on here I didn't even realize I hated the Spurs until after I got here. That drubbing the Mavs laid on 'em 4-1? Didn't mean beans to me until I came here and saw first hand the landscape.

It's easy though to get a hate on for these guys. They're assholes are tighter than a Nun's snootch.

So do you remember me now? Or are you just calling me "da" again cuz thats what you do?

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
80-2(Bobcats)

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
So do you remember me now? Or are you just calling me "da" again cuz thats what you do?

I can't place you, dude. "da" just makes sense out of your moniker for me when I'm addressing you here.

That game during the series Lakers Vs Suns when Thomas hit the three. The old lady had run me out of the house cuz I kept turning the television off and the boys ratted me out to her. So I took to the streets. I set the signal up with the my youngest son: I'd call a half hour after the game SHOULD BE OVER. If the Lakers win, he'd let ring, I'd come home, celebrate, collect the kids and go to Olive Garden. The Suns win, he'd pick it up immediately. I go up to the Circle K on Dysart and Glendale, come the appointed time I use the payphone ring my number. da, I felt so sure he'd not answer that f'in phone. The worst day of my life after the '84 Finals. Even worse than the '08 Finals. I wanted that f'in Suns series.

It was awful.

Lars
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM
60 win team

da_suns_fan
07-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I can't place you, dude. "da" just makes sense out of your moniker for me when I'm addressing you here.

That game during the series Lakers Vs Suns when Thomas hit the three. The old lady had run me out of the house cuz I kept turning the television off and the boys ratted me out to her. So I took to the streets. I set the signal up with the my youngest son: I'd call a half hour after the game SHOULD BE OVER. If the Lakers win, he'd let ring, I'd come home, celebrate, collect the kids and go to Olive Garden. The Suns win, he'd pick it up immediately. I go up to the Circle K on Dysart and Glendale, come the appointed time I use the payphone ring my number. da, I felt so sure he'd not answer that f'in phone. The worst day of my life after the '84 Finals. Even worse than the '08 Finals. I wanted that f'in Suns series.

It was awful.

Well back on azcentral, I asked you to call me dsf instead of "da" and, of course, you immediately saw this as your opening to obnoxiously call me "DAAAAAA" every time you responded to one of my posts. :lol

So did you really post all the racy photos and what not on azcentral? Did they eventually ban your IP?

Culburn369
07-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Well back on azcentral, I asked you to call me dsf instead of "da" and, of course, you immediately saw this as your opening to obnoxiously call me "DAAAAAA" every time you responded to one of my posts. :lol

So did you really post all the racy photos and what not on azcentral? Did they eventually ban your IP?

LOL! I don't remember doing the DAAAAA stuff.

I did some photos. Did you see that one of the guy who blew his face off? I used that one over & over. That was my Village Inn cherry pie photo. I'd hit 'em with that one early in the morning. LOL!

And I did the one with the leaking rump hole medical shot. That one drove 'em nutty nuts. Minkoff about called the F.B.I. on that one.

Yeah, they banned my IP finally. I couldnt' get around it. So I took to reading Sose's Joint. I love reading their stuff. And they still talk about me. The hate me pretty good, though there ain't a one I wouldn't break bread with. They take it too seriously, but, I grinded on them too much with the O & __ stuff.

Those were good days, da.

DenDen
07-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Odom and Arize both came up big for them, now they're both gone,but remember guys, They have the most dominate center past, present, and future Wilt Abdul Bynum:lmao