PDA

View Full Version : Why would Odom signing with the Heat be an "excuse" for the Lakers?

mosdef17
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
People are saying they want Odom to re-sign with the Lakers so we can beat them with the Lakers not having an excuse. My question is, if the Lakers refuse to pay Odom and he leaves the team as an unrestricted free agent, how is that an excuse? That's just a player moving on. Why can't we as Spurs fans say "if we still had Turkoglu and Stephen Jackson we would have won it all last year". Because it's silly, players come and go.

I know this is going to come down to people saying well the Lakers fans are stupid enough to make that excuse when it doesn't make sense but the truth is Spurs fans all over this forum are the ones stating they don't want L.A to have an excuse.

Just sounds so silly, but at the same time this is not me taking a shot at everyone, not even anyone in particular, it just seems strange?

z0sa
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
why would anything about odom signing with the heat be in the spurs forum?

IronMexican
07-27-2009, 08:51 PM
If the Lakers don't win the title next year, it's cause other teams played better than them. No excuses, ever.

Shastafarian
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Why would you not post this is any of the other Odom threads already here?

doobs
07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
If the Lakers don't win the title next year, it's cause other teams played better than them. No excuses, ever.

No asterisks, ever.

07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
why would anything about odom signing with the heat be in the spurs forum?
yeah, there are enough odom threads. lakers getting odom back won't change the fact that the spurs have completely loaded up. they've had the best offseason possible. spurs can only control what they do and they have done an amazing job.

MarHill
07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
I just create a thread about this! I'm very disappointed at Spurs fans that want Odom to go to Miami!

iggypop123
07-27-2009, 10:27 PM
i doubt the spurs offered more annually to those players to stay. it isnt like miami is offering 4 yrs 45 and the lakers 3 yrs 30.

timaios
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Who cares ?
Odom will be back in L.A. anyway... with his tail between his legs. :wakeup