PDA

View Full Version : Man doesn't want to pay child support.....

manufan10
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
LOS ANGELES — A father who had no interest in his 4-year-old daughter did the unimaginable — hurling her off a 120-foot cliff to avoid paying child support, a prosecutor said Monday during the man's murder retrial.

Cameron Brown, 47, was charged with one count of murder and the special circumstance allegations of murder while lying in wait and murder for financial gain in the death of Lauren Sarene Key in November 2000. Brown, a former American Airlines baggage handler, has pleaded not guilty and faces life in prison without parole if convicted.

Deputy District Attorney Craig Hum said during his opening statement that Brown killed Lauren because he didn't want to pay about $1,000 a month in child support.

Defense attorney Pat Harris countered that it was an accident when the girl fell from Inspiration Point in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Hum portrayed Brown as an uncaring father who tried to shirk his parental responsibility at nearly every turn. After Brown learned the girl's mother, Sarah Key-Marer, was pregnant with Lauren, he first wanted her to have an abortion and then sought a paternity test that eventually proved he was the father, Hum said.

"Does he show any interest in the child he fathered?" Hum asked. "Absolutely not."

Only when he was forced to pay child support did Brown finally see his daughter — about three years after she was born, Hum said, adding that the total number of hours Brown spent with his daughter during her life amounted to about two weeks.

Hum argued that Brown and Lauren went out to the cliff where nobody could see them, and he "hurled" her into the Pacific Ocean.

"This man picked up Lauren, whom he fathered but was never a father to, and threw her off a cliff into the water below," Hum said.

Brown, wearing a dark suit and a red tie, stared at Hum during his opening statement and showed no reaction.

Harris gave a different account of his client's relationship with his daughter, insisting the case was nothing more than "character assassination." He dismissed the prosecution's contention that it was a "good-versus-evil" struggle between Brown and Key-Marer.

"It was two parents trying to work out arrangements so they could have a happy child," Harris said.

Harris said Brown carried a picture of Lauren in his wallet, gave her gifts and toasted with his friends when he learned he would get visitation rights. Two weeks before her death, Brown filed court documents seeking more visits with Lauren, Harris said.

"It doesn't make sense," he said.

The prosecution's first witness was Key-Marer, a British immigrant, who described her relationship with Brown as amicable but deteriorated during the child custody dispute after she said in court documents that he was showing little interest in Lauren's life.

Key-Marer testified that her daughter wouldn't share what she did with Brown and Lauren was upset the day she died once she learned Brown would pick her up at school.

"She said, 'No, no I don't want to see him today,"' Key-Marer said. "She was crying and I had trouble getting her out of the car seat."

In a wrenching moment, Key-Marer said after talking to her daughter on the phone she decided to leave work early and pick up Lauren. But she soon learned that Brown had arrived early and she wouldn't be able to get there in time.

She described waiting for Lauren that night, looking out her window for her daughter and Brown to return. Distraught, she and her husband decided to notify authorities because they thought Brown may have kidnapped Lauren.

"We knew something really bad had happened," she said.

Key-Marer broke into tears when she recounted how a female police detective told her that her daughter had died.

"I remember hearing the words 'cliff' and 'Lauren was dead,"' Key-Marer said before court recessed for the day. "I just couldn't believe it."

Brown was tried three years ago, but a mistrial was declared after a jury deadlocked on the severity of the crime. Some jurors favored a first-degree murder conviction, while others voted for second-degree murder or manslaughter.

Both sides intend to call experts to give their opinions on how Lauren died. Jurors will also take a trip to the cliff to see where the alleged crime occurred.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534978,00.html?test=latestnews

word
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Damn, and to think I paid child support all those years needlessly when there was a simple solution.

mrsmaalox
07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
You know, I completely understand wanting to give someone the benefit of doubt. But it would be over my dead body that he would be seeing my kid unsupervised. Total complete fail on the part of the adults in that poor child's life!

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 04:29 AM
1,000 bucks a month? Jesus. Not trying to justify what he did, but god damn.

BlackSwordsMan
07-28-2009, 07:57 AM
jesus

DarkReign
07-28-2009, 08:27 AM

$1000 = Cheap by today's standards.

jack sommerset
07-28-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm putting my money on it was a accident.

phyzik
07-28-2009, 08:56 AM
what I always never understood about child support is that I thought it was originally intended to support a child of a SINGLE mother. If that mother then gets married shouldn't the child support stop?

Never mind the fact that these days that money that's supposed to be supporting the child is more often than not being used by the mother for her own personal gain.

I dont pay child support (dont have any kids) but just the thought that my hard earned money could be going to an ex-chics new husband pisses me off to no end.

sonic21
07-28-2009, 08:57 AM
$1000/month is a lot of money for child support.

What is bad is that in most cases, the money is spent on everything but the kid

easjer
07-28-2009, 08:58 AM

$1,000 a month wouldn't even cover daycare center costs here, let alone any other necessities like food, clothing, shelter, medical . . .

It's not that much, really.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Bet this guy gets away with it.

easjer
07-28-2009, 09:01 AM
what I always never understood about child support is that I thought it was originally intended to support a child of a SINGLE mother. If that mother then gets married shouldn't the child support stop?

Never mind the fact that these days that money that's supposed to be supporting the child is more often than not being used by the mother for her own personal gain.

I dont pay child support (dont have any kids) but just the thought that my hard earned money could be going to an ex-chics new husband pisses me off to no end.

Er, no.

It's in support of that child. The PARENT has a responsibility, the new spouse is not ethically or legally obligated to assume the expenses of the child because they formed a relationship with the parent (though they obviously will assume some expenses). Remarrying doesn't absolve the PARENT of the moral, ethical and legal responsibilities for the child and ensuring the child's welfare (often through providing appropriate financial support).

It might result in a reevaluation of the support that is paid and lower it, but not necessarily.

And again, I don't think you must know many people paying or receiving child support. Do you have any idea what it costs to raise a child? Between daycare, medical bills (insurance for the child alone, and then actual costs after insurance), clothing, food (just for the child - though of course, most families buy for family meals) and shelter (most kids need a room separate from their parents, automatically increasing the cost of rent or mortgage)?

It's actually pretty rare that a person pays hard-earned child support to keep the mother in diamonds and pedicures. I won't say it's never happened, but it's not the norm.

sonic21
07-28-2009, 09:02 AM
A 4-year-old should NOT be near a 120 ft. cliff.
That, in itself, is a crime...

easjer
07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Bet this guy gets away with it.

Bet he won't - the argument at the mistrial was not his guilt, it was the severity of the charge. If it comes to it, I would wager the prosecution would settle for trying a lesser charge to get the conviction.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Cameron Brown, 47, was charged with one count of murder and the special circumstance allegations of murder while lying in wait and murder for financial gain in the death of Lauren Sarene Key in November 2000.

Sounds like the prosecutor over reached again. They are claiming 1st degree murder with no apparent proof...They could probably get a conviction on negligent manslaughter (letting a 4 year old go over the cliff) but from what is stated in this article they simply can't prove he threw her off.

clambake
07-28-2009, 09:11 AM
if you care about your child, there is no way that child gets anywhere near danger.

he's toast.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Kids die all the time in tragic accidents where the parents are negligent and or stupid...doesn't mean they charge them with first degree (premeditated) murder.

Dex
07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Hell in a handbasket....

lebomb
07-28-2009, 09:41 AM

Now you know how I feel.

Another thing (hypothetically)............even if the new guy makes twice as much money as you do, you still have to pay child support. You know.......so your EX and her new hubby can buy a bigger house, new cars, jewelry and clothing. Oh yeah, and so your kids can eat top ramen and Mcdonalds for that month.

easjer
07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
If that is the case, go to court and request a re-evaluation of the level of child support that is being paid, and request documentation about how the funds are being used (with receipted expenses).

There are ways to fight abuse of the system, but you have to do it.

phyzik
07-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Er, no.

It's in support of that child. The PARENT has a responsibility, the new spouse is not ethically or legally obligated to assume the expenses of the child because they formed a relationship with the parent (though they obviously will assume some expenses). Remarrying doesn't absolve the PARENT of the moral, ethical and legal responsibilities for the child and ensuring the child's welfare (often through providing appropriate financial support).

It might result in a reevaluation of the support that is paid and lower it, but not necessarily.

And again, I don't think you must know many people paying or receiving child support. Do you have any idea what it costs to raise a child? Between daycare, medical bills (insurance for the child alone, and then actual costs after insurance), clothing, food (just for the child - though of course, most families buy for family meals) and shelter (most kids need a room separate from their parents, automatically increasing the cost of rent or mortgage)?

It's actually pretty rare that a person pays hard-earned child support to keep the mother in diamonds and pedicures. I won't say it's never happened, but it's not the norm.

Ohh, I know several people paying child support. And I know the people that money is going to as well. Hell, I had 1 friend lose out on $18,000. The child had an injury, went to the hospital, while there he requested a paternity test (which the mother never allowed to happen before). Turns out it wasnt his. Not only that, another guy was also paying her child support as well FOR THE SAME CHILD!

I KNOW shits expensive for kids but dont act like women who receive child support are using every last penny of it on the kid. To top it off your making it sound like the child support should pay for EVERYTHING and thats the problem with it, thats not what its intended for. Its support. The mother SHOULD pay some shit as well.

Neve rmind the fact that the child isnt going to be a baby forever and need daycare until the age of 18, and certainly wont need new clothes every damn month.

Face it, child support is fucked up the way it is and a re-evaluation fails more often than not.

Summers
07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Ohh, I know several people paying child support. And I know the people that money is going to as well. Hell, I had 1 friend lose out on $18,000. The child had an injury, went to the hospital, while there he requested a paternity test (which the mother never allowed to happen before). Turns out it wasnt his. Not only that, another guy was also paying her child support as well FOR THE SAME CHILD!

I KNOW shits expensive for kids but dont act like women who receive child support are using every last penny of it on the kid. To top it off your making it sound like the child support should pay for EVERYTHING and thats the problem with it, thats not what its intended for. Its support. The mother SHOULD pay some shit as well.

Neve rmind the fact that the child isnt going to be a baby forever and need daycare until the age of 18, and certainly wont need new clothes every damn month.

Face it, child support is fucked up the way it is and a re-evaluation fails more often than not.

Touchy subject for everyone, probably, but I was a little kid whose father never paid child support. There was a lot (a lot) we went without because he didn't own up to his bare minimum responsibilities.

bigzak25
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
you spend the money in the courtroom upfront, on the best lawyer you can, and take custody of your children.

this ain't the 70's. if your the best fit parent, judges, although they'll always favor the mother, will give custody to the father if their case is made.

personally, i think joint custody and no child support either way is what should be the norm.

phyzik
07-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Touchy subject for everyone, probably, but I was a little kid whose father never paid child support. There was a lot (a lot) we went without because he didn't own up to his bare minimum responsibilities.

yeah, dont get me wrong, I just think the current system is broken. Nothing wrong with child support when its working as intended and not as a tool by some vindictive bitches out there just to stick it to their ex.

bigzak25
07-28-2009, 11:09 AM
hell hath no fury...

Sapphire
07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Er, no.

The new spouse's income doesn't get considered by the judge at all....at least in Texas. And in Texas, $1000 for one child is quite a bit--California, not so much. But here, it's all based off the incomes of both of the biological parents.

easjer
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm NOT arguing that a man or woman should pay for all expenses for the custodial parent, I'm arguing that often expenses work out to be far more than what is paid.

I don't think cases of abuse don't exist, but I do believe they are not the norm.

easjer
07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
yeah, dont get me wrong, I just think the current system is broken. Nothing wrong with child support when its working as intended and not as a tool by some vindictive bitches out there just to stick it to their ex.

Ok, we can agree on this.

easjer
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
The new spouse's income doesn't get considered by the judge at all....at least in Texas. And in Texas, $1000 for one child is quite a bit--California, not so much. But here, it's all based off the incomes of both of the biological parents.

In my area $1000 a month would maybe cover infant - 2 year care at a daycare center. Less expensive care may be available, but the least expensive licensed care I've found for an infant is $700 a month. I know the daycare through my workplace is $1200 a month (and it's not exactly top notch or anything).

Which leaves a lot of expenses to cover.

Granted, that may be higher, because it's an infant - but other costs will crop up as they grow, even as daycare costs are reduced.

lebomb
07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I say make the parent with custody turn in receipts at the end of the month.........verifying where the child support went. A Macy's, Saks or Dillards receipt with coach purses on it doesnt count.

easjer
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I think that is worthwhile - don't know who would oversee it if that were a mandated requirement of continuing support, but I know people have been required to prove that they've spent on the money on legitimate child-related expenses in renegotiation of support cases before.

I know it's something that I would want to require in custodial documents personally.

bus driver
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
the man should have killed himself...if he didnt want to pay.

Wild Cobra
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
$1000 = Cheap by today's standards.
I agree. That's what I was paying 13 years ago.

Das Texan
07-28-2009, 12:45 PM
fuck, it should just be fucking split 50/50 on the damn cost of the child.

at least after a 6 month period I'd say of said child being born.

easjer
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Even if one parent is non-custodial, and therefore never cares for the children?

Das Texan
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Even if one parent is non-custodial, and therefore never cares for the children?

make it 75/25 then.

with receipts well documented.

phyzik
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Here's a few things that would make child support so much better IMHO.

1) if the person that has custody of the child is requesting child support from the other biological parent, courts should make a paternity test mandatory to protect the non-custodial parent from potential financial and emotional ruin. (I imagine it would suck if the child you loved and gave money in support of for years on end turned out to not even be yours).

2) Create a card similar to the Lonestar Card. Thats where the money is applied to. They must use it to purchase things solely for the child. Electronic statements can be tracked by the courts if necessary.

3) Mandatory annual re-evaluation of payment amounts based off of both parents incomes.

Frenzy
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I say make the parent with custody turn in receipts at the end of the month.........verifying where the child support went. A Macy's, Saks or Dillards receipt with coach purses on it doesnt count.

best post in this thread.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's a few things that would make child support so much better IMHO.

1) if the person that has custody of the child is requesting child support from the other biological parent, courts should make a paternity test mandatory to protect the non-custodial parent from potential financial and emotional ruin. (I imagine it would suck if the child you loved and gave money in support of for years on end turned out to not even be yours).

2) Create a card similar to the Lonestar Card. Thats where the money is applied to. They must use it to purchase things solely for the child. Electronic statements can be tracked by the courts if necessary.

3) Mandatory annual re-evaluation of payment amounts based off of both parents incomes.

You are overlooking that there are expenses that contribute to a childs general welfare that are not directly related to the child...rent and or mortgage payments, utilities, car expenses, etc. Even a child's share of household food expenses...trying to make the expenses only being clothes and food directly used by the child is too restrictive.

phyzik
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
You are overlooking that there are expenses that contribute to a childs general welfare that are not directly related to the child...rent and or mortgage payments, utilities, car expenses, etc. Even a child's share of household food expenses...trying to make the expenses only being clothes and food directly used by the child is too restrictive.

what I meant was, if it shows up that something like a purse was purchased with the card, thats obviously not in the childs interest.

Nobody
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
In texas it's a percentage of the parents income that is paying the child support. 20% for one child, 25% for 2, etc.

PaulGreco
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM

Yo, phyzik, couldn't agree more pal. I pay $1000 a month, and then she comes asking for more. After my $1000 a month, she ends up making more than I do in a year...and o-ya, it's tax free too, since I pay the F'in tax on it.

If the half the money went into a fund for my son, I wouldn't be complaining, but I know he don't see a damn dime of that.

20% of your check here in Texas for one kid.

--PG

SpursWoman
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
best post in this thread.

Not really. The child support checks get deposited into an account and bills are paid. You don't freaking split up the food costs, the mortgage, the utilities, the insurance and a million other expenses into what portion your kid used up and how much was yours. Good God. :lol

But I wouldn't know, my childrens' sperm donor is about 8 years behind in payments. :spin

SpursWoman
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM

I'm very curious to see where you got this information. :wtf

I know exactly one woman who gets too much IMO and then complains, but I know about 8 that struggle just to get the minimum if anything at all. Not everyone marries/has children with celebrities. :lol

easjer
07-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I would think that documentation could include an appropriate portion/percentage of grocery bills, rent, insurance, etc.

But again - who administers this? The courts? Overworked social workers? That's part of the problem - we don't have enough money to fund this through the government and most individuals don't pursue it via attorneys or in court.

Frenzy
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Not really. The child support checks get deposited into an account and bills are paid. You don't freaking split up the food costs, the mortgage, the utilities, the insurance and a million other expenses into what portion your kid used up and how much was yours. Good God. :lol

But I wouldn't know, my childrens' sperm donor is about 8 years behind in payments. :spin

why not.. just use %

why not....just because it's hard? to bad...life is hard.

SpursWoman
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
why not.. just use %

why not....just because it's hard? to bad...life is hard.

Try ridiculous. Most things aren't that easily quantifiable. :rolleyes

Kriz-Maxima
07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
My mother received 240 dollars for 3 children and the man paid late and complained about the payments.

In my experience most women are either getting to little or none at all. There are cases where too much is paid but by my experience and in my uneducated opinion its reduced cases.

Water, energy, shelter, food, clothes, day care, school, school supplies, toys, entertainment, doctor, health care, dentist, medicines, the phone where they can talk to their father and in these days you can even add a computer.

TheSullyMonster
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Man, I pay child support due to my own stupidity and her lies, and I'm not as bitter as some of you.

In Texas, the non-custodial parent has to provide insurance, and pay for all other medical expenses. Co-pays, prescriptions, etc. In addition to child support.

And even then. Assuming the child isn't neglected, the whole point of child support is to make sure the kid has at least the same lifestyle as the non-custodial parent.

If dad is banking 500k a year? He's living large, and guess what? That's 100k in child support, the kid will too.

Granted, some people are bitches about it. It's pretty fucked up to demand child support for the 4 months of summer the kid was living with the other parent.:nope My parents hate each other, but even my mom never did that.

Frenzy
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Try ridiculous. Most things aren't that easily quantifiable. :rolleyes

I would believe that's the opposite of hard.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I do think that they should kick ass on non payers of child support. It would be so simple to do. Put a fucking ankle bracelet on them and tell them they can go to work at X time and be home at Y time and you aren't goin out at night or on weekends again until you get caught up. Bust probation and we will put your ass in jail and make you pay for that too.

TheSullyMonster
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Why should it be broken up like that? assuming the kid(s) are being cared for, the whole point is that the kid lives (at least)a similar lifestyle to the non-custodial parent.

The kid isn't being cared for? Great, sue for custody. Or if they're 14+ in Texas, invite them to live with you.

I do think that they should kick ass on non payers of child support. It would be so simple to do. Put a fucking ankle bracelet on them and tell them they can go to work at X time and be home at Y time and you aren't goin out at night or on weekends again until you get caught up. Bust probation and we will put your ass in jail and make you pay for that too.

I like that idea better than the current system of "Get behind, we'll throw you in jail with a felony."

Yeah, that's productive. That gets money to the kid.:nope

SpursWoman
07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
i would believe that's the opposite of hard.

rif

SpursWoman
07-28-2009, 03:28 PM

They do something similar to this too ... they actually do a work-release in some instances. It's not guaranteed to work, either. :lol

Frenzy

i don't know why the dudes just don't disown the kids. My brother in law is doing that with a mistress he had a while back. He told the court he will give up his rights to ever associate with the child as a biological father... and he does not have to pay child support ever.

course it is up to the child once they reach 18. But till then ...the would be father gets off scott free.

Frenzy
rif

dif

Nobody
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
"If dad is banking 500k a year? He's living large, and guess what? That's 100k in child support, the kid will too."

In Texas, the percentage of Child Support only goes up to $6000 of the monthly income of the non-custodial parent - unless the courts deem the children have special needs.

I pay $1400 a month AND have 50/50 joint custody. I had to agree to pay that much in order to have 50/50 custody. Then she gets mad because I won't agree to also pay for them to go to private school... let's not forget I have them half the time too and must be able to financially support them when I have them... which is just as often as she does. She gets that much and has NO rent, food, CPS, water expenses, because she lives with her dad. That's life... you roll with it.

Das Texan
07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
"If dad is banking 500k a year? He's living large, and guess what? That's 100k in child support, the kid will too."

In Texas, the percentage of Child Support only goes up to $6000 of the monthly income of the non-custodial parent - unless the courts deem the children have special needs.

I pay $1400 a month AND have 50/50 joint custody. I had to agree to pay that much in order to have 50/50 custody. Then she gets mad because I won't agree to also pay for them to go to private school... let's not forget I have them half the time too and must be able to financially support them when I have them... which is just as often as she does. She gets that much and has NO rent, food, CPS, water expenses, because she lives with her dad. That's life... you roll with it.

see in my opinion thats when its bullshit and there should be no financial amount paid to either side.

easjer
07-28-2009, 03:44 PM
^
I think that is wrong. Support is meant to support the child and meet minimum parental responsibilities.

In situations, as described above, where custody is split, there should be an equal decrease in support. If it's 50/50 - there shouldn't be support. If it's 70/30, there should be 30% support of what would otherwise be the child support payment.

I do think that visitation should be tied to keeping current on child support (when applicable - there are cases where it might not be), but obtaining shared custody shouldn't be reliant on child support that is unfairly applied, because parental responsibility (and thus fiscal responsibility) is split between two custodial parents. That makes me mad for you.

Nobody
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Makes me mad for me too LOL! ... but hey, small price to pay to get to see my girls as often as I do. I'd rather live off noodle soup and have 50/50 custody, then have the cash and every other weekend visitation.

TheSullyMonster
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Sucks to be you nobody. Sorry. :(

i don't know why the dudes just don't disown the kids. My brother in law is doing that with a mistress he had a while back. He told the court he will give up his rights to ever associate with the child as a biological father... and he does not have to pay child support ever.

course it is up to the child once they reach 18. But till then ...the would be father gets off scott free.

You need a sympathetic judge for that. If it was that easy, virtually nobody would pay child support.

see in my opinion thats when its bullshit and there should be no financial amount paid to either side.

So my mom should have stayed in an abusive marriage to make sure that my sister and I got new clothes every school year? That's bullshit.

Yeah, there should be some leeway. Like crazy, bitches who admit, laugh, and are proud of the fact they lied, manipulated, and took advantage of men solely to get pregnant for their own selfish desire. I'm the unlucky one that got nailed, and my life is in shambles because of it. It sucks.

But people in committed relationships, married, and that relationship breaks up? No, they should pay.

But damn, do child support laws need some revision. Like your case, nobody.

manufan10
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Makes me mad for me too LOL! ... but hey, small price to pay to get to see my girls as often as I do. I'd rather live off noodle soup and have 50/50 custody, then have the cash and every other weekend visitation.

:toast

It's good that you didn't settle for only every other weekend. It shows you care more about your girls. :tu

Das Texan
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
^
I think that is wrong. Support is meant to support the child and meet minimum parental responsibilities.

In situations, as described above, where custody is split, there should be an equal decrease in support. If it's 50/50 - there shouldn't be support. If it's 70/30, there should be 30% support of what would otherwise be the child support payment.

I do think that visitation should be tied to keeping current on child support (when applicable - there are cases where it might not be), but obtaining shared custody shouldn't be reliant on child support that is unfairly applied, because parental responsibility (and thus fiscal responsibility) is split between two custodial parents. That makes me mad for you.

i bolded the 50/50 part.

so basically you agree with me. :lol

Das Texan
07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Sucks to be you nobody. Sorry. :(

You need a sympathetic judge for that. If it was that easy, virtually nobody would pay child support.

So my mom should have stayed in an abusive marriage to make sure that my sister and I got new clothes every school year? That's bullshit.

Yeah, there should be some leeway. Like crazy, bitches who admit, laugh, and are proud of the fact they lied, manipulated, and took advantage of men solely to get pregnant for their own selfish desire. I'm the unlucky one that got nailed, and my life is in shambles because of it. It sucks.

But people in committed relationships, married, and that relationship breaks up? No, they should pay.

But damn, do child support laws need some revision. Like your case, nobody.

What?

there is joint 50/50 custody in the case i was talking about. Why should one side have to pay and the other side not when the kid is with each parent the same amount of time.

easjer
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
i bolded the 50/50 part.

so basically you agree with me. :lol

In that particular case, yes. I think we were posting at the same time.

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM
What?

there is joint 50/50 custody in the case i was talking about. Why should one side have to pay and the other side not when the kid is with each parent the same amount of time.

This happens all the time. It's a bribe for custody. He probably makes significantly more than she does. The courts just *wink*wink* and let it go...to be "fair" they don't want to not give her support just because they split 50/50...their reasoning is that they don't want the kids livin large with one parent one week and then living in a shit hole the next week. Might not be the case here but that's the logic.

mrsmaalox
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
All these selfish assholes using innocent children as pawns in their stupid wars. Makes me sick.

sabar
07-28-2009, 11:54 PM
People need to stop having children with people they don't know they love. All these people getting married at 19 and having children 9 months later, then they split up a year later. Great decision there. Then the government has to come in and fix everything so that no one is happy and the child loses.

angelbelow
07-28-2009, 11:57 PM
wow.... shit like this doesnt even surprise me anymore....

phyzik
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
To be honest with you people, and myself, I just really feel that HONEST Men get fucked over about 75% of the time when it comes to child support. Most of that probably stems from the shit bags and young idiots that dont take responsibility, but there is also a reason the word "cunt" exists.

Fuck the dirt bags that dont have the slightest bit of honor and integrity to take care of their children but double fuck the bitches for taking advantage of the system just because they are a woman and get all the sympathy in the world in a court of law (when it comes to good guys).

I'm just glad I had the sense to not have children at an early age, and its not for lack of communication with the opposite sex mind you :toast. I actually get hated on sometimes for the stuff I have at my age and its probably 90% due to the fact that I dont have kids or a spouse.

I do want a child though in the near future, I just havnt found the right woman yet.

lebomb
07-29-2009, 07:16 AM

This is the reason child support is fucked up!!

My EX is remarried to a guy that makes at least the income I do and so does my EX, yet I still have to pay out the ass. Its like they get the extra funds to splurge with. And dont come down on me..........there is no fuggin way what I pay to them goes to the kids. No way. Now it may go to the nice new car and big house they bought for the kids to ride/live in. :rolleyes

Nobody
07-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Cowboy... I understand what you're saying, but there was no "wink wink" in this situation. My ex was abusive to the children, even admitted to it in court. But said it was an accident... every time she'd ever been abusive was an accident. It was an accident she punched my 6 year old in the mouth and knocked her tooth out. Her own friends, uncles, and aunts testified against her... my ex is the greatest at batting her eyes and looking pitiful to garner sympathy - hell, she tricked me into marrying her LOL!

She, her mom, dad, and sister got up there and told them I was involved in gangs, etc... which is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering my job... no way I could be invovled in anything like that and have the type of job I do. But her just throwing that out there scared them and she was going to get full custody. She even told me after it was over she was sorry for doing that be she had to make sure she got taken care of.

I had to agree to the following to get 50/50... quit my job, move to a new city, live in the SAME school district, pay 1400 a month, and let her be the primary for the children. It was a hard pill to swallow. Her biggest thing is she wanted to move... the court wasn't to hip on that... so she basically sold me 50% custody for the right to move and a chunk of money. I already have the children most of the time... she gave them to me for 5 weeks straight because she said she wanted to clean the house for a little bit?

Not all fathers are bad and not all mothers are good (and vice versa). The courts REALLY need to look at each situation on it's own merit and not take a cookie cutter approach to each case. When both my girls stand up to the shrink and say "I want to live with my daddy... mommy's mean to me and scares me". Well, someone should F'n listen to the kids! There's a reason my oldest hides behind the couch when her mother comes to get her.

Oh well... rant over... just haven't talked much about it since it happened and this thread got me going :)

lebomb
07-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Cowboy... I understand what you're saying, but there was no "wink wink" in this situation. My ex was abusive to the children, even admitted to it in court. But said it was an accident... every time she'd ever been abusive was an accident. It was an accident she punched my 6 year old in the mouth and knocked her tooth out. Her own friends, uncles, and aunts testified against her... my ex is the greatest at batting her eyes and looking pitiful to garner sympathy - hell, she tricked me into marrying her LOL!

She, her mom, dad, and sister got up there and told them I was involved in gangs, etc... which is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering my job... no way I could be invovled in anything like that and have the type of job I do. But her just throwing that out there scared them and she was going to get full custody. She even told me after it was over she was sorry for doing that be she had to make sure she got taken care of.

I had to agree to the following to get 50/50... quit my job, move to a new city, live in the SAME school district, pay 1400 a month, and let her be the primary for the children. It was a hard pill to swallow. Her biggest thing is she wanted to move... the court wasn't to hip on that... so she basically sold me 50% custody for the right to move and a chunk of money. I already have the children most of the time... she gave them to me for 5 weeks straight because she said she wanted to clean the house for a little bit?

Not all fathers are bad and not all mothers are good (and vice versa). The courts REALLY need to look at each situation on it's own merit and not take a cookie cutter approach to each case. When both my girls stand up to the shrink and say "I want to live with my daddy... mommy's mean to me and scares me". Well, someone should F'n listen to the kids! There's a reason my oldest hides behind the couch when her mother comes to get her.

Oh well... rant over... just haven't talked much about it since it happened and this thread got me going :)

DAMN!!!! Well, my EX was good to the kids................she just treated me like shit! :wakeup

Das Texan
07-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Ya I hear that the courts are pretty much biased and prejudiced favoring the mother and not favoring the father.

What a crock of shit. Each fucking case should be taken on its own merits.

Cases like nobody's pisses me off, and the court, specifically the judge can go fuck himself, though nobody shoulda gotten a better lawyer to destroy those witness accounts (not that it woulda changed much probably)

mouse
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
How many of you spend 1,000 a month on your child? GTFO! If the money really went to the kid that kid would have all the clothes and toys it needs after only three months.

And don't give me that child care bullshit if you need child care that means your working so in reality your 1,000 and the husbands 1,000 ? hell this kid should be living like Mark Cuban.

Don't give me that food,shelter and electric bill bullshit either. Having a child in the house doesn't even put a dent in your money matters. I can guarantee you the 1,000 a month at least 800 a month is used by that cunt wife who by the way couldn't wait to spread her nasty crusty legs in the first place after only 3 shots of tequila.

I have been paying child support since the early 90s and I know at least 25 other men who got fucked by the wife. I have seen all the angles so if your going to debate me you better bring some proof that I know does not exist.

You see the problem with child support is it gives the wife no motivation to try and keep the marriage going. They know as soon as they dump your lame ass they cash in! If Child support was 50/50 no matter who keeps the kid you will see a decrease in cunt ex wife's spreading their money making legs, if two people make a kid two people pay.

I wonder how many women out there have an extra 1,000 a month to give there dick head ex husbands while he keeps the kids and spends most of that money on strip bars and baseball cards!?

Every time I would pick up my kid all I heard was Daddy there is this thing in school and I need money and I want a laptop and can we go to sea world etc......

But the ex wife looks good hair all made up and new car while I take the bus because I missed two payments and my license got suspended? I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot if.. the jails would be full of pissed off bitches saying "that piece of shit ex husband of mine ain't getting shit from me I rather rot in jail"

The bottom-line the system is fucked up while your ex wife is fucking some other dude drinking cooled beer that you payed for and removing those expensive Victoria secret G-string that was paid for by you working on the streets like a dog. Your at your rusty one room trailer eating spam drinking cheap ass beer while waxing your carrot to Big brother! how is that fair?

Nobody
07-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Every time I would pick up my kid all I heard was Daddy there is this thing in school and I need money and I want a laptop and can we go to sea world etc......

Man that is so true. That is the absolute first thing I hear every time I get my daughters. And your rant made me laugh my ass off LOL!!! She told all her friends she wanted to make it to 10 years so she could also get the 20% maintenance fee Texas has... if she'd stop sleeping with guys at the beach maybe she would have made it? Just doesn't work too well when a guy calls from a bar asking for your wife... cuz she was so drunk she gave her home number instead of her cell.... ooops. The guy hung up on me... kept calling him back. Finally convinced him I had no beef with him and didn't want any trouble with him... but from one guy to another, I just wanted to know what was going on... he spilled the beans.... good grief LOL!... I went and looked in the mirror.... yup, indeed, i did have "SUCKA" tat'd on my forehead.

mouse
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Hell! give me a 1,000 a month and I will take care of any kid you send me....

http://thecopycat.nazwa.pl/audio/the-omen-damien.jpg

http://www.heybirdyproductions.com/SOLITAIRE/images/solitaire10.jpg

http://www.starz.com/titles/Clifford/PublishingImages/clifford_1994_685x385.jpg

http://rafalstec.blox.pl/resource/chucky_doll.jpg

http://yule_rejoice.tripod.com/c-ha/home_alone201.jpg

rjv
07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
the only thing sadder than this story is some of the posts in this thread.

lebomb
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Man that is so true. That is the absolute first thing I hear every time I get my daughters. And your rant made me laugh my ass off LOL!!! She told all her friends she wanted to make it to 10 years so she could also get the 20% maintenance fee Texas has... if she'd stop sleeping with guys at the beach maybe she would have made it? Just doesn't work too well when a guy calls from a bar asking for your wife... cuz she was so drunk she gave her home number instead of her cell.... ooops. The guy hung up on me... kept calling him back. Finally convinced him I had no beef with him and didn't want any trouble with him... but from one guy to another, I just wanted to know what was going on... he spilled the beans.... good grief LOL!... I went and looked in the mirror.... yup, indeed, i did have "SUCKA" tat'd on my forehead.

Hey well at least your EX didnt cheat on you with someone that preached at your former church.

:toast

TheSullyMonster
07-29-2009, 11:29 AM
When both my girls stand up to the shrink and say "I want to live with my daddy... mommy's mean to me and scares me". Well, someone should F'n listen to the kids! There's a reason my oldest hides behind the couch when her mother comes to get her.

If it's any comfort, when they're 14, they can choose who they want to live with.

mrsmaalox
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
How many of you spend 1,000 a month on your child? GTFO! If the money really went to the kid that kid would have all the clothes and toys it needs after only three months. Absolutely true. Child support is only to be applied to clothes and toys. Health insurance, college education----forget that!

And don't give me that child care bullshit if you need child care that means your working so in reality your 1,000 and the husbands 1,000 ? hell this kid should be living like Mark Cuban.The complete accuracy of this statement is almost spooky

Don't give me that food,shelter and electric bill bullshit either.Having a child in the house doesn't even put a dent in your money matters. << But of course. My kids are practically free; it's those fucking goldfish sucking up all my money! I can guarantee you the 1,000 a month at least 800 a month is used by that cunt wife who by the way couldn't wait to spread her nasty crusty legs in the first place after only 3 shots of tequila.

I have been paying child support since the early 90s and I know at least 25 other men who got fucked by the wife. I have seen all the angles so if your going to debate me you better bring some proof that I know does not exist.

You see the problem with child support is it gives the wife no motivation to try and keep the marriage going. They know as soon as they dump your lame ass they cash in! If Child support was 50/50 no matter who keeps the kid you will see a decrease in cunt ex wife's spreading their money making legs, if two people make a kid two people pay.

I wonder how many women out there have an extra 1,000 a month to give there dick head ex husbands while he keeps the kids and spends most of that money on strip bars and baseball cards!?

Every time I would pick up my kid all I heard was Daddy there is this thing in school and I need money and I want a laptop and can we go to sea world etc...... Really. We all know this does not occur in 2 parent/2 income families

But the ex wife looks good hair all made up and new car while I take the bus because I missed two payments and my license got suspended? I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot if.. the jails would be full of pissed off bitches saying "that piece of shit ex husband of mine ain't getting shit from me I rather rot in jail"

The bottom-line the system is fucked up while your ex wife is fucking some other dude drinking cooled beer that you payed for and removing those expensive Victoria secret G-string that was paid for by you working on the streets like a dog. Your at your rusty one room trailer eating spam drinking cheap ass beer while waxing your carrot to Big brother! how is that fair?

LOL!! Thanks for the comic relief Mouse :toast

mouse
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
LOL!! Thanks for the comic relief Mouse :toast

That was the part you didn't highlight! :wakeup

fucked up while your ex wife is fucking some other dude drinking cooled beer that you payed for and removing those expensive Victoria secret G-string that was paid for by you working on the streets like a dog. Your at your rusty one room trailer eating spam drinking cheap ass beer while waxing your carrot to Big brother! how is that fair?

mrsmaalox
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
That was the part you didn't highlight! :wakeup

:lol True I didn't highlight that one, because I try to only offer commentary on actual situations which I have personally experienced. I have no experience in the g-string, rusty trailer, spam, or Big Brother scenario so I gladly revert to your expertise there! ;) :toast

mouse
07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
So you wear boxer shorts to bed? no wonder your not divorced!

mrsmaalox
07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
So you wear boxer shorts to bed? no wonder your not divorced!

Sometimes :D

Susan Boyle
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Sometimes :D

With the hole in the back? :eyebrows

mrsmaalox
07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
With the hole in the back? :eyebrows

:lmao :lmao Susan, you rascal!

Last Comic Standing
07-29-2009, 08:02 PM
:lmao :lmao Susan, you rascal!

Don't you mean Raccoon? look at those eyebrows!

Spursmania
07-31-2009, 07:38 AM
Don't you mean Raccoon? look at those eyebrows!
:lol