PDA

View Full Version : Agent: Thomas heading to Dallas

Zee Laker
07-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Free-agent forward Tim Thomas is scheduled to be in Dallas on Tuesday for a face-to-face meeting with Mavericks officials that will likely lead to a contract offer for the 12-year veteran.

No deal has been finalized, but the Mavericks have coveted Thomas as an off-the-bench shooter all summer to add some perimeter punch to their second unit.

"We're hoping to complete a deal soon," Bob Myers, Thomas' agent, told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4360351

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 01:39 AM
He's done. Mavs seem to have enough at the PF spot already. They need a C now.

23LeBronJames23
07-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Dallas still wont win the Cavs

dirk4mvp
07-28-2009, 01:44 AM

hi ashraf

23LeBronJames23
07-28-2009, 01:45 AM
hi ashraf

Who is ashraf btw?

dirk4mvp
07-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Who is ashraf btw?

you.

MavDynasty
07-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Dayum,our roster is overloaded with bodies at the forward positions. Mark and Donnie better have something up their ass to get a decent quality center. There is also the Buckshot that can be used too...

Texas Chili Dog
07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

23LeBronJames23
07-28-2009, 02:02 AM
you.

fk u noob

mavsfan1000
07-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Small ball is making its return.

MavDynasty
07-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Maybe we can have Thomas sitting from the bench blowing kisses at Dirk. We all know what happened last time he did that lol.

23LeBronJames23
07-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Maybe we can have Thomas sitting from the bench blowing kisses at Dirk. We all know what happened last time he did that lol.

:lol

MWILL
07-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Dayum,our roster is overloaded with bodies at the forward positions. Mark and Donnie better have something up their ass to get a decent quality center. There is also the Buckshot that can be used too...

Exactly! Expect more moves in the coming weeks.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I don't mind him off the bench for cheap. He can still shoot some shots.

I still do hope they re-sign Hollins. Really, adding Thomas gives the Mavs even more versatility. They now have a crapload of guys who can play multiple positions for different styles of basketball (big or small ball) with Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk, Gooden, and Thomas. They are all capable and versatile enough to play out of their "natural" position.

sonic21
07-28-2009, 07:05 AM
well, it's his contract year so maybe we'll see the 2006 thomas again.

pauls931
07-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Smallball will get you so far until you hit LA i'd think. (sorry I don't think the spurs are as good as in the recent past this year)

Texas_Ranger
07-28-2009, 07:07 AM
He's not that old. That's a pretty solid pick up for Dallas. Last year he played for 3 teams. In NY and LAC he was a good bench player, then in Chicago he played around 14 minutes a game and averaged around 6 points and 2,5 rebounds. But he's one of the worst rebounders for his size. 6-10 guy and over his career he averages just 4 rebounds a game in 11 seasons played. Well I see him play 15 minutes a game for the Mavs and average at least 6 points and 3 rebounds a game.

lebomb
07-28-2009, 07:15 AM
(sorry I don't think the spurs are as good as in the recent past this year)

Hugh? Are you nuts? .................. w/ RJ and Dice in the lineup.........the Spurs are arguably better than they have EVER been. :toast

Shank
07-28-2009, 07:36 AM
They're turning into this odd mix of the 2003 Mavs, the Warriors and the Suns all rolled into one.

dickface
07-28-2009, 08:06 AM
:tu I've always been a big Tim Thomas fan. The guy is lazy as all get out, but when he wants to he can freakin ball. It's a shame, he had Hall Of Fame talent and never amounted to anything more than an okay role player.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Hugh? Are you nuts? .................. w/ RJ and Dice in the lineup.........the Spurs are arguably better than they have EVER been. :toast

lol utsa

Rogue
07-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Tim Thomas seems to be the second biggest name landed this summer to Dallas along with Marion. Presumably Thomas doesn't cost much considering our MLE has already been majorly burnt on Gooden.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 08:15 AM
They're turning into this odd mix of the 2003 Mavs, the Warriors and the Suns all rolled into one.

What makes this team likely better than all those, is that they can actually rebound, they have solid defensive players at all positions, and can operate a half-court offense for when the game slows down.

Culburn369
07-28-2009, 08:31 AM
I've always been a big Tim Thomas fan. The guy is lazy as all get out, but when he wants to he can freakin ball. It's a shame, he had Hall Of Fame talent and never amounted to anything more than an okay role player.

The hump has had one good series in an otherwise dismal career. Unfortunately that series was against the Lakers.

Shank
07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
:tu I've always been a big Tim Thomas fan. The guy is lazy as all get out, but when he wants to he can freakin ball. It's a shame, he had Hall Of Fame talent and never amounted to anything more than an okay role player.

I'll give you that. He's certainly entertaining.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Here is what the current rotation looks like compared to last year...

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Howard, Terry
SF- Marion, Ross
PF- Nowitzki, Thomas
C - Gooden, Dampier

last year...

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Wright, Terry
SF- Howard, Singleton
PF- Nowitzki, Bass
C - Dampier, Hollins

Mavs lost: Bass, Wright, Singleton, and Hollins.
Mavs gained: Marion, Gooden, Thomas, and Ross.

Marion > Singleton

Ross = Wright (although its potentially an upgrade, as Ross is a hell of a defender and supposedly has a hell of a 3pt shot nowadays)

Gooden > Bass

Thomas > Hollins

Mavs have definitely upgraded so far. Let's see what their next move consists of.

Rogue
07-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Singleton and Hollins should be retained IMHO. Although we have got legit starting 5 and our bench also got improved a lot by the acquisitions of names like Thomas, Gooden and Ross, I think there is still some need to get kind of an insurance for the possible injuries. The regular season lasts as long as 82 games and the four rounds in the postseason are also expected to cost the Mavs 18 or some games, then the depth and health of our squad will weigh more than any other element does.

Culburn369
07-28-2009, 09:02 AM
and the four rounds in the postseason are also expected to cost the Mavs 18 or some games

Or, at least 16:lobt2:

hater
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
I thought they meant Kurt THomas. I was like, oh shit

Findog
07-28-2009, 09:06 AM

Hey Illiterate,

What the fuck does this mean?

Rogue
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Illiterate,

What the fuck does this mean?
legitimately it means 23LebronJames23 is a pathetic retard. If my memory serves me well, the original version of that retard should be a troll named "LebronMVPJames" who got banned somehow not quite a long while ago.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 09:15 AM
lol

45 bank shot
07-28-2009, 09:38 AM

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Howard, Terry
SF- Marion, Ross
PF- Nowitzki, Thomas
C - Gooden, Dampier

last year...

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Wright, Terry
SF- Howard, Singleton
PF- Nowitzki, Bass
C - Dampier, Hollins

Marion > Singleton

Ross = Wright (although its potentially an upgrade, as Ross is a hell of a defender and supposedly has a hell of a 3pt shot nowadays)

Gooden > Bass

Thomas > Hollins

Mavs have definitely upgraded so far. Let's see what their next move consists of.

ye right:nope

Shank
07-28-2009, 09:39 AM
It's a shame the Mavs couldn't have drafted Blair. That's a guaranteed championship right there.

DPG21920
07-28-2009, 09:57 AM
No, they opted for Rodrigue Beaubois. I know he is not at Blair's level now, but with time, he could be Wade and ass rape a team in the finals by himself.

Shank
07-28-2009, 10:08 AM
No, they opted for Rodrigue Beaubois. I know he is not at Blair's level now, but with time, he could be Wade and ass rape a team in the finals by himself.

Who is this Blair guy, anyway? I keep seeing the name and I just opt to mock it, unknowingly.

Findog
07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Who is this Blair guy, anyway? .

It's a chick.

http://www.geocities.com/nmmc77/lisaasblair3.jpg

DPG21920
07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
It's a movie.

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/blair-witch-project-movie-poster.jpg

Phillip
07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
ye right:nope

:td

loveforthegame
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
It's not that bad of a signing. The Mavs were lacking 3 point shooters last year and Thomas should help with that. He won't do much else but the 3 ball should be valuable at times.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
It's not that bad of a signing. The Mavs were lacking 3 point shooters last year and Thomas should help with that. He won't do much else but the 3 ball should be valuable at times.

Yup. See Steve Kerr circa 2003.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-28-2009, 01:16 PM
One of my favorite Suns players in recent years. Solid pickup. A good backup backup at 3 or 4, especially if he somehow got motivated.

rjv
07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
hard to say how he will do but for the minimum not a bad deal. sort of on par with the spurs theo ratliff signing.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2009, 01:46 PM
?? Won't win the Cavs? That would be really interesting.

Findog
07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Here is why I don't like this deal, even for the minimum and when he's not expected to play heavy minutes: What is the effing point of bringing in a heartless locker room cancer when at best he'll...not be an active liability?

Seems like low risk, low reward, so why even bother with him? It just seems like he can still find a way to overall be a demerit and hurt your team, even if they can jettison him quickly like they did with Mr. Jackie Christie.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Here is why I don't like this deal, even for the minimum and when he's not expected to play heavy minutes: What is the effing point of bringing in a heartless locker room cancer when at best he'll...not be an active liability?

Seems like low risk, low reward, so why even bother with him? It just seems like he can still find a way to overall be a demerit and hurt your team, even if they can jettison him quickly like they did with Mr. Jackie Christie.

1 - Not many other options at backup PF.
2 - He can still explode for 25 any night and shoots the 3 well.
3 - I don't think he's a cancer. I think the term cancer is used too loosely these days.
4 - If he's cheap (which he likely is), whats the harm?

Truth is, bench players typically are not going to be well rounded, and are usually guys with 1 or 2 particular skill sets that they are good at, whether its scoring, 3pt shooting, rebounding, energy, defense, etc... In this case, he is a good scorer and shooter... much like Keith Van Horn was. I'm happy with him as a backup.

BUMP
07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
He is an upgrade over Singleton thats or sure

Thompson
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Phillip, don't you think Dampier will start and Gooden will come off the bench? They'll need Gooden's offensive capabilities in the second unit more than the first, won't they?

Do you think Cuban would actually insist that Dampier didn't average 30 minutes even if it hurt the team short term so that his contract expires (assume Dampier plays well enough to warrant 30 minutes or more average)?

mavs>spurs2
07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I still think we should resign Hollins. He showed a little bit of defensive intensity that we are severely lacking right now. Sign that kid and sit him on the bench while the trainers work with him to bulk his ass up.

Pistons < Spurs
07-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Dallas Mavericks sign Tim Thomas

The Dallas Mavericks announced today they have signed free agent forward Tim Thomas. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. We’ll add contract info later today.

Thomas (6-10, 230), a 12-year veteran, was the seventh overall selection in the 1997 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers and has played with six teams during his career (Philadelphia, Milwaukee, New York, Chicago, Phoenix and L.A. Clippers) including two stints with both New York and Chicago. In 806 career games, he holds averages of 11.6 points and 4.6 rebounds, while shooting .436 from the field, .369 from behind-the-arc and .757 from the foul line.

The Patterson, N.J., native has seen action in seven different Playoff runs (55 games). Thomas’ postseason averages show an increase in every major category over his career regular season numbers with averages of 13.3 points and 5.1 rebounds while shooting .468 from the field, .436 from three-point range and .772 from the foul line.

Thomas was a standout at Villanova University where he played for one season before making himself eligible for the NBA Draft. In his only season as a Wildcat, Thomas averaged 16.9 points and 6.0 rebounds. He was named The Sporting News Freshman of the Year and Big East Rookie of the Year.

“We are excited to welcome Tim to Dallas as part of the Mavericks family,” President of Basketball Operation/General Manager Donnie Nelson said. “His versatility, post season experience and outside shooting are valuable assets that will fortify our bench. Throughout his career, Tim has established himself as a formidable long-range threat and we look forward to him filling that role on our roster.”http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4633

Phillip
07-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Phillip, don't you think Dampier will start and Gooden will come off the bench? They'll need Gooden's offensive capabilities in the second unit more than the first, won't they?

Do you think Cuban would actually insist that Dampier didn't average 30 minutes even if it hurt the team short term so that his contract expires (assume Dampier plays well enough to warrant 30 minutes or more average)?

Personally, I think it just depends on the team they are facing, in terms of whether Damp (traditional), Gooden (athletic), or Dirk (small-ball) will start at center.

Dampier would never average 30 minutes unless he stepped it up and started averaging 15 and 12. Not happening.

Rogue
07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
I still think we should resign Hollins. He showed a little bit of defensive intensity that we are severely lacking right now. Sign that kid and sit him on the bench while the trainers work with him to bulk his ass up.
Exactly, with his athleticism and size, dude has the potential to become a star-level defender like Biedrins, or probably even a dominant center like Bynum if dude lifts up more weight. Then dude will also wipe out some criticisms against the sign of Diop in last summer.

crc21209
07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
OK move for Dallas, but yet another all-offense, no-defense move. Mavs are going to be scoring 100+ppg, but probably giving up 100+ppg as well.

sribb43
07-28-2009, 06:47 PM
A Tim Thomas signing would make me hate the Gooden signing....one lazy/low BBIQ guy is enough for one team but two is overboard

sribb43
07-28-2009, 06:48 PM
"He is a really good 3-point shooter that can spread the floor for us and will immediately make us a better 3-point shooting team," Mavs owner Mark Cuban said via e-mail. "Plus, he is a far better 1-on-1 post defender than he gets credit for. His defensive points per possession in the post the last couple years has been very good. His length and experience really pay off."

:lmao

anonoftheinternets
07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
:lmao

are u doubting the man who identified the second best player in the nba as j.kidd?

exstatic
07-28-2009, 07:49 PM

I actually agree with Findog on something.

Here's what I see: Dallas seems to be collecting lazy dumbasses who never reached their potential, or even came close. Gooden and Thomas both qualify. Both of them are damn near useless without the ball in their hands. At least Gooden is a good rebounder on one end: offense.

dickface
07-28-2009, 07:56 PM

When has Tim Thomas created locker room problems? Sure, he plays basketball like he'd rather be playing cribbage with his grandma, but I don't recall him ever being a problem on a team. Maybe it's cuz he doesn't care enough to create a problem, but still....locker room cancer is about the most inaccurate way to describe him.

At worst, he never gets off the bench all year. At best, he gives us what Keith Van Horn gave us in 06.....nothing great, nothing all that good, but ultimately a decent backup for Dirk who can occasionally light it up from the 3. You can scoff KVH's contributions all you, but have we ever found a truly capable backup for Dirk since?

DMX7
07-28-2009, 08:13 PM

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Howard, Terry
SF- Marion, Ross
PF- Nowitzki, Thomas
C - Gooden, Dampier

last year...

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Wright, Terry
SF- Howard, Singleton
PF- Nowitzki, Bass
C - Dampier, Hollins

Marion > Singleton

Gooden > Bass

Thomas > Hollins

lol Mavericks.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
lol Mavericks.

lol utsa

dickface
07-28-2009, 10:15 PM
oh yeah, and here's the real reason Cuban wanted Tim Thomas on the Mavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1787142

Danny.Zhu
07-29-2009, 05:44 AM

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Howard, Terry
SF- Marion, Ross
PF- Nowitzki, Thomas
C - Gooden, Dampier

last year...

PG- Kidd, Barea
SG- Wright, Terry
SF- Howard, Singleton
PF- Nowitzki, Bass
C - Dampier, Hollins

Marion > Singleton

Gooden > Bass

Thomas > Hollins

Totally agree with you. I think Mavs are in the same level with Spurs and Lakers in the West.

Danny.Zhu
07-29-2009, 05:45 AM
oh yeah, and here's the real reason Cuban wanted Tim Thomas on the Mavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1787142

Aha.

MI21
07-29-2009, 06:31 AM
I don't really see the point in signing Tim Thomas for the Mavs, particularly after the signing of The Big Drizzle. Maybe they want a perimeter orientated PF to be a homeless mans Dirk when Dirk is on the bench? Thomas doesn't really play like Dirk at all though.

Weird move, but doesn't really matter either way, he shouldn't be replied upon and isn't going to be the difference in winning a playoff series or losing one . I still like what Dallas have done this offseason though, they should be much improved :tu

sribb43
07-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Mavs biggest problem in the playoffs was the inability to score when the bench was in the game...other than JET and Bass and at times Barea the rest of the guys were allergic to scoring buckets. Like its been said its not like TT is the 7th or 8th man off the bench, more like 10th/11th. If Gooden gets hurt he can step in and play those minutes for a short span of games.

Plus he signed for the Vet Min which means the Mavs didnt cut into the MLE or waste the LLE. The more I think about this move the more I've come to understand it

My only problem is can JKidd and Dirk make up for the lack of BBIQ's of J-ho, Gooden and Thomas

Phillip
07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Mavs biggest problem in the playoffs was the inability to score when the bench was in the game...other than JET and Bass and at times Barea the rest of the guys were allergic to scoring buckets. Like its been said its not like TT is the 7th or 8th man off the bench, more like 10th/11th. If Gooden gets hurt he can step in and play those minutes for a short span of games.

Plus he signed for the Vet Min which means the Mavs didnt cut into the MLE or waste the LLE. The more I think about this move the more I've come to understand it

My only problem is can JKidd and Dirk make up for the lack of BBIQ's of J-ho, Gooden and Thomas

I've never thought that Gooden and Thomas have bad IQ. They are just lazy at times.

Keep in mind how much Kidd improves his team's IQ though... before having Kidd, they were one of the lowest IQ teams around... and by the end of last year, they were definitely one of the higher IQ teams in the league, and even Josh Howard was back to making smart desicions, and Terry wasn't throwing nearly as many bad passes as he used to. Barea was playing pretty smart and controlled.

I think they will be fine in terms of IQ.

ElNono
07-29-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't think scoring is going to be that much of an issue. It WILL feel good to see a guy like Gooden that can actually make a hook shot in the lane. I think the biggest question is who is going to play defense?

Shank
07-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Does it really matter who's even on the Mavs roster when it comes to playing the Spurs? It could be 5 mongoloid children with no arms and they'd still find a way to beat them.

lol

Findog
07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Does it really matter who's even on the Mavs roster when it comes to playing the Spurs? It could be 5 mongoloid children with no arms and they'd still find a way to beat them.

lol

haha...true dat. Watch Marion turn into a Spurs killer now that he's wearing the blue and green.

spursfan1000
07-29-2009, 08:54 AM
They should give Johnathan Bender a shot at the team before Tim Thomas :lol

MI21
07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
haha...true dat. Watch Marion turn into a Spurs killer now that he's wearing the blue and green.

I am fully expecting that to happen.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is watching Josh Howard shoot like Larry Bird against the Spurs and then shooting like Josh Howard against most others teams? :(

ElNono
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM

I would actually expect Gooden to turn into that. Marion simply curls up into a fetal position when he sees the Spurs.

Supergirl
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Dallas Mavericks are making a career out of signing other people's leftovers.

Gooden has potential, but doesn't do anything to make the Mavs less soft defensively. But Tim Thomas? LOL. Dude was washed up about 5 years ago.

Culburn369
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Marion simply curls up into a fetal position when he sees the Spurs.

& that Predrag fellow curls him as well.

BUMP
07-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Dallas Mavericks are making a career out of signing other people's leftovers.

Gooden has potential, but doesn't do anything to make the Mavs less soft defensively. But Tim Thomas? LOL. Dude was washed up about 5 years ago.

Michael FInley, Antonio McDyess, Nick Van Exel, Brent Barry, Robert Horry, and Theo Ratliff would like to disagree with you

just to name a few

Supergirl
07-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Michael FInley, Antonio McDyess, Nick Van Exel, Brent Barry, Robert Horry, and Theo Ratliff would like to disagree with you

just to name a few

Michael Finley was integral to winning our last championship, as were Brent Barry and Robert Horry.

Nick Van Exel was a mistake, I give you that, but still has more potential in his left toe than Tim fucking Thomas has in his entire body.

Verdict's still out on Theo Ratliff, but I would argue the same about him as I just said about Van Exel.

BUMP
07-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Michael Finley was integral to winning our last championship, as were Brent Barry and Robert Horry.

Nick Van Exel was a mistake, I give you that, but still has more potential in his left toe than Tim fucking Thomas has in his entire body.

Verdict's still out on Theo Ratliff, but I would argue the same about him as I just said about Van Exel.

integral?

As in let Manu, Parker, and Tim do most of the work and stand around and hit a few open shots?

Well then yes i agree with you.

Nick Van Exel better than Tim Thomas?:lmao:lmao

And what's sad is that Van Exel was like your 7th man, while Thomas will be our 10th/11th

and Theo Ratliff will not do anything. He'll be in a wheelchair by December

God Spurfans are retarded

Culburn369
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Nick Van Exel better than Tim Thomas?:lmao:lmao

BUMP is right here: Van Exel was a loser and made every team he performed for, sooner or later, sorry.

BUMP
07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Van Exel and Thomas have had similar careers, but yoou deserve to be slapped if you called Van Exel's stint in SA anything other than an utter failure

Findog
07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Michael Finley was integral to winning our last championship,

So there weren't like 80 other guys that could've averaged 7 points a game for you guys? You're saying Finley put you over the top?

You're an idiot. Thomas can still play, it's just a matter of whether he feels like it or not. NVE was a corpse when you signed him.

Findog
07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
BUMP is right here: Van Exel was a loser and made every team he performed for, sooner or later, sorry.

Not us. We bought low and sold high on him.

Shank
07-29-2009, 10:18 AM

You're skirting the point. Those were all still leftovers.

Phillip
07-29-2009, 10:49 AM
this is a woman you guys are debating with. logic is something they cant comprehend half of the time. add to it, shes a spurfan. so that pretty much means that logic is used in about 2% of her entire thought process.

BadOdor
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
this is a woman you guys are debating with. logic is something they cant comprehend half of the time. add to it, shes a spurfan. so that pretty much means that logic is used in about 2% of her entire thought process.

And she's probably obese, to boot.

leemajors
07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
So there weren't like 80 other guys that could've averaged 7 points a game for you guys? You're saying Finley put you over the top?

You're an idiot. Thomas can still play, it's just a matter of whether he feels like it or not. NVE was a corpse when you signed him.

Corpse is giving him too much credit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-29-2009, 11:18 AM

That's particularly dumb since one of the only reasons Tim Thomas is still in the NBA is because of the "potential" everyone thought he had coming outa college.

Supergirl
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
You know, resorting to personal insults just makes you look like an ass. I am officially exiting this conversation.

Phillip
07-29-2009, 11:48 AM
lol the truth hurts too much

lol upset over "personal" insults

lol calling people an "ass"

lol hypocrite

lol woman

lol spurfan

lol woman spurfan

lol spurs

BUMP
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Everyone has piled on me so i'm gonna quit before it gets worse

Suit yourself i guess

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh you guys showed her.... lol pathetic Mav fans

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
By this logic if they average the same points they are the same player?

Phillip
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM

lol spurs

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
lol spurs
Nice come back... how's that "we won the first round" banner looking?

Findog
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Michael Finley circa 2007 is the epitome of journeyman role player. There's about 80 guys the Spurs could've put in his spot and still won a title.

leemajors
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Michael Finley circa 2007 is the epitome of journeyman role player. There's about 80 guys the Spurs could've put in his spot and still won a title.

Can't really argue with that. His glaring defensive flaws overshadow anything else in the Spurs system.

Phillip
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice come back... how's that "we won the first round" banner looking?

wrong

its "lol, first round banner"

get it right, numnuts

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
wrong

its "lol, first round banner"

get it right, numnuts

Lol first round lost to 8th seed... yet you don't see GSW fans bragging off that. The pathetic life of a Mav fan. Sad nothing really to be happy about

sabar
07-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Nick van Exel sucked ass on the Spurs. We could of signed a Mav fan and they would of done more for us.

Aging/past their primes van Exel/Mighty Mouse/JV could be one of the worst lines of back-up points ever stringed together in NBA history. They probably shot like 22 for 140.

Glad those days are dead.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
80 guys that would last under Pop's system? I see your point but what I'm getting at is just cause they score the same doesn't mean they are the same player. If you miss a rotation in Pop's system your on the bench. Finley didn't put the Spurs over the top but he isn't just like any other role player.

Findog
07-29-2009, 05:57 PM
yet you don't see GSW fans bragging off that.

That's because there is no such thing as Warriors fans. Spurs fans talking smack to Mavs fan makes about as much sense as Mavs fan talking trash to Miami or Golden State fans. Learn your place, son.

Findog
07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
80 guys that would last under Pop's system? I see your point but what I'm getting at is just cause they score the same doesn't mean they are the same player. If you miss a rotation in Pop's system your on the bench. Finley didn't put the Spurs over the top but he isn't just like any other role player.

There are literally 80 guys who could've done what Finley did in 2007. Look at my user name; I know damn well Finley is a team-first oriented guy.

Phillip
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Lol first round lost to 8th seed... yet you don't see GSW fans bragging off that. The pathetic life of a Mav fan. Sad nothing really to be happy about

how many warriors fans are around these parts?

you're a fucking idiot.

BUMP
07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
That's because there is no such thing as Warriors fans. Spurs fans talking smack to Mavs fan makes about as much sense as Mavs fan talking trash to Miami or Golden State fans. Learn your place, son.

But....but...the Spurs have four rings

Phillip
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
4 rings faggot

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Yet in the end the Mavs have done nothing in their history to even brag about. There isn't a single time I've been happy about the Spurs just making it out the first round. Learn my place? How bout come back to reality and see winning the first round means nothing.

dirk4mvp
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM

Are you trying to get that girl's number or something?

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Yet in the end the Mavs have done nothing in their history to even brag about

Do you see me bragging about the Mavericks not winning a championship?

There isn't a single time I've been happy about the Spurs just making it out the first round. Learn my place? How bout come back to reality and see winning the first round means nothing

You don't get to talk smack to the fans of a team that OWNS you. The Mavs OWN the Spurs. The Mavs over the course of this decade have been a far more successful team than the Golden State Warriors, having made the playoffs 8 more times, winning one more conference championship, and winning 8 more playoff series. Why do Mavs fans not talk smack to theoretical W's fans? Because they OWNED us.

Learn your place, son. The Mavs OWN the Spurs, and until that changes, you look awfully stupid talking smack to us.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:14 PM
how many warriors fans are around these parts?

you're a fucking idiot.
Well considering they haven't done anything lately I'm sure not many anymore. Anyways still doesn't change the fact Mavs lost the first round to them. Now should they be happy about that?

clambake
07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Well considering they haven't done anything lately I'm sure not many anymore. Anyways still doesn't change the fact Mavs lost the first round to them. Now should they be happy about that?

should teams that lose in the first round be happy?

dirk4mvp
07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I like how Spur fans turn into Heat or Warrior fan when debating with Mav fans.

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Learn your place, son. The Mavs OWN the Spurs, and until that changes, you look awfully stupid talking smack to us.

2000–01 53 29 .646 San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 4, Dallas 1
2002–03 60 22 .732 San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 4, Dallas 2

2005–06 60 22 .732 Dallas 4, San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 3
2008–09 50 32 .610 Dallas 4, San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 1

Owned? i thinkin ur confusing spurs with phx ... 2-2 ... enjoy ur 2006 championship ...

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Do you see me bragging about the Mavericks not winning a championship?
No instead brag about winning the first round..

You don't get to talk smack to the fans of a team that OWNS you. The Mavs OWN the Spurs. The Mavs over the course of this decade have been a far more successful team than the Golden State Warriors, having made the playoffs 8 more times, winning one more conference championship, and winning 8 more playoff series. Why do Mavs fans not talk smack to theoretical W's fans? Because they OWNED us.

Which team has had more sucess over the last decade? Guess what? Not the Mavs

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:29 PM
2000–01 53 29 .646 San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 4, Dallas 1
2002–03 60 22 .732 San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 4, Dallas 2

2005–06 60 22 .732 Dallas 4, San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 3
2008–09 50 32 .610 Dallas 4, San Antonio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) 1

Owned? i thinkin ur confusing spurs with phx ... 2-2 ... enjoy ur 2006 championship ...

What the fuck is this, ancient history? We beat the Hornets something like 25 straight times. They last time they won against us was in 1999. Since the start of the 07/08 season, the Hornets are 9-4 against us, so the tables have turned. The Mavs OWN the Spurs. We pitch, you catch. Lube up and enjoy it.

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
No instead brag about winning the first round..

Which team has had more sucess over the last decade? Guess what? Not the Mavs

Between Dallas and Golden State, which team has had more success over the last decade? Guess what? Not the Warriors.

You're looking more foolish by the moment.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
should teams that lose in the first round be happy?
Should a team that went no further than the first round be? Should the Spurs be happy about losing the first round? No. Hence the offseason moves to improve big holes and mismatches.

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Should a team that went no further than the first round be? Should the Spurs be happy about losing the first round? No. Hence the offseason moves to improve big holes and mismatches.

Looks like the Mavs aren't happy with being one of 8 instead of 16 teams left standing, because we've upgraded our roster as well.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Between Dallas and Golden State, which team has had more success over the last decade? Guess what? Not the Warriors.

You're looking more foolish by the moment.
So ignore the fact I was comparing the sucess of the Mavs and Spurs...

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Looks like the Mavs aren't happy with being one of 8 instead of 16 teams left standing, because we've upgraded our roster as well.
More like getting more desperate for atleast ONE championship.

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
What the fuck is this, ancient history? We beat the Hornets something like 25 straight times. They last time they won against us was in 1999. Since the start of the 07/08 season, the Hornets are 9-4 against us, so the tables have turned. The Mavs OWN the Spurs. We pitch, you catch. Lube up and enjoy it.

hmm yup, just as I thought pointless trash talk .. nothing to see here...

but in other news and to bring the thread back on track, i think tim thomas is a decent pick up ... hes a bit unmotivated .. but is a decent enough three point shooter, and his PO avgs are higher than reg season avgs... so thats good as well. Dallas has retooled decently ... but I dont know if its enough just yet.

clutch lineup:
kidd
terry
josh
dirk
damp?

where wud marion fit in? kinda confusing shit ...

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM
So ignore the fact I was comparing the sucess of the Mavs and Spurs...

Who is talking trash to whom? I know damn well the Spurs have more championships than the Mavs. And I don't know you from Adam. So how am I supposed to take it when you start shit and talk trash to fans of a team that OWNS you? It's laughable.

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:54 PM
More like getting more desperate for atleast ONE championship.

Ooh, title smack! I've never heard that one before. Be sure to throw in a reference to choking and empty trophy cases. Or losing to an 8 seed. Stuff I've never heard before. Why are you talking smack about a team that is your daddy? Don't talk back to Daddy.

Findog
07-29-2009, 07:55 PM
hmm yup, just as I thought pointless trash talk .. nothing to see here...

but in other news and to bring the thread back on track, i think tim thomas is a decent pick up ... hes a bit unmotivated .. but is a decent enough three point shooter, and his PO avgs are higher than reg season avgs... so thats good as well. Dallas has retooled decently ... but I dont know if its enough just yet.

clutch lineup:
kidd
terry
josh
dirk
damp?

where wud marion fit in? kinda confusing shit ...

Crunchtime five will be Dirk, Marion, Josh, Jet and Kidd.

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Crunchtime five will be Dirk, Marion, Josh, Jet and Kidd.

you are implying small ball with marion at pf? That would be kinda difficult with some of the taller and more physical PFs ...

Findog
07-29-2009, 08:18 PM
you are implying small ball with marion at pf? That would be kinda difficult with some of the taller and more physical PFs ...

Well, if we're playing Orlando, Damp will be in there and Marion would sit because of Howard. But you know, not every team has a dominant big.

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, if we're playing Orlando, Damp will be in there and Marion would sit because of Howard. But you know, not every team has a dominant big.

well thats interesting wud u make marion sit or howard sit? or is it too early to tell?

Findog
07-29-2009, 08:23 PM
well thats interesting wud u make marion sit or howard sit? or is it too early to tell?

Well that depends on the team we're playing, who's got the hot hand, etc. Marion can guard 4 positions but can't create his own shot. Josh can't guard 4 positions but he can create his own shot. Just depends on who we're playing and what we need the most.

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Well that depends on the team we're playing, who's got the hot hand, etc. Marion can guard 4 positions but can't create his own shot. Josh can't guard 4 positions but he can create his own shot. Just depends on who we're playing and what we need the most.

lets see wat carlile does... he is offensive minded... its going to be an intersting year, but i still dont feel like mavs hav retooled enough .. althought their changes do look very good. At this point i feel lakers, spurs have a decent cast assuming manu is not injured. If he is injured, mite drop spurs to the pack, and mavs mite have a good chance @ WCFs ...

Findog
07-29-2009, 08:40 PM
lets see wat carlile does... he is offensive minded... its going to be an intersting year, but i still dont feel like mavs hav retooled enough .. althought their changes do look very good. At this point i feel lakers, spurs have a decent cast assuming manu is not injured. If he is injured, mite drop spurs to the pack, and mavs mite have a good chance @ WCFs ...

Carlisle is actually probably more defensive-minded. I agree Dallas still doesn't have enough, but the most you can hope for given the art of the possible is the "right there" category, and I think we're close. A lot hinges on Odom. The Lakers are solid faves with him, very shaky faves without. Without a similar replacement for him, the Lakers don't scare me at all. Of course, I'd still have to take LA over Dallas in a 7-game series. Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, likely HCA, and the historical ownage of the Lakers over the Mavs...on paper I'd of course have to pick the Lakers.

But you never know, sometimes you can go on a playoff run and not face the one team that could've beaten you (SAS-DAL 2007).

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Who is talking trash to whom? I know damn well the Spurs have more championships than the Mavs. And I don't know you from Adam. So how am I supposed to take it when you start shit and talk trash to fans of a team that OWNS you? It's laughable.
The fact you think the Mavs own the Spurs is laughable... Nobody remembers second place. You could go Spurs game years from now and see what they have done with the banners hanging. Go to a Mavs game to see what they've done and you see nothing. Now that's laughable.

mystargtr34
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Mavs have definately improved, but i dont think you can go into a season hoping to win the West expecting a combination of Dampier, Gooden and Dirk defending Gasol and Duncan.

They need another real C or their other moves will probably be redundant.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Ooh, title smack! I've never heard that one before. Be sure to throw in a reference to choking and empty trophy cases. Or losing to an 8 seed. Stuff I've never heard before. Why are you talking smack about a team that is your daddy? Don't talk back to Daddy.
Who's talking smack? Simply stating facts. Have the Mavs been more successful than the Spurs? No. Have they won 2 series against them? Yes. Does that really mean anything? No. Can you say the Mavs OWN the Spurs when yet the Spurs have been more successful than the Mavs? No. Your just full of fail. Quit while your ahead junior. Face it reality is the Mavs have done nothing but win a series and when the goal is to win a ship they've failed. Unless the only goal is to beat the Spurs in a playoff series you can't say otherwise.

Findog
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
the fact you think the mavs own the spurs is laughable... Nobody remembers second place. You could go spurs game years from now and see what they have done with the banners hanging. Go to a mavs game to see what they've done and you see nothing. Now that's laughable.

four rings, faggot!!!!

Findog
07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
four rings, faggot!!!!

four rings, faggot!!!!

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Mavs have definately improved, but i dont think you can go into a season hoping to win the West expecting a combination of Dampier, Gooden and Dirk defending Gasol and Duncan.

They need another real C or their other moves will probably be redundant.
Gooden and Dirk would actually give them a nice offensive combo but defensive would suffer. Dirk can spread the floor and Gooden has some nice post game. You could trade Damp but that would thin out the C spot even more.

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
four rings, faggot!!!!
Now you get it :lol

Findog
07-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Now you get it :lol

four rings, faggot!!!!

Spurs_210
07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
four rings, faggot!!!!
Ok now your liking it to much

Findog
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Ok now your liking it to much

four rings, faggot!!!!

mystargtr34
07-29-2009, 09:38 PM
First round playoff series win FAGETZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Findog
07-29-2009, 09:48 PM
First round playoff series win FAGETZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-1 pussies!!!!

Shank
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Four rings, faggot!

mystargtr34
07-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Four rings, faggot!

First round playoff win fagget!

sribb43
07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Stein:
If you're thinking Dirk Nowitzki will have a problem with Dallas' recent signing of Tim Thomas because of the infamous kiss Thomas blew at Nowitzki during an on-court confrontation in the 2006 Western Conference finals, think again.

Nowitzki said he was disappointed to read from Germany that the Bulls pulled out of the original construction of the deal that landed Shawn Marion in Dallas and would have sent Thomas from the Bulls to the Mavericks. Nowitzki then was pleased to learn the Mavs were able to get Thomas anyway this week as a tall shooter off the bench for the veteran minimum of $1.3 million.

"That stuff is long gone," Nowitzki said this week. "We were in the bottom [six] in 3-point shooting and we needed to address that. I'm happy he's a Maverick."
The clash with Thomas isn't exactly a haunting memory. Nowitzki wound up scoring 50 points in that game, outscoring the Suns by himself in the fourth quarter (22-20) to put Dallas within one win of its eventual trip to the NBA Finals.