PDA

View Full Version : Duncan as a pure Center next season?

Rapper
07-28-2009, 02:35 AM
If so. he would probably be listed as the Center slot of the all star balloting.
Well man do you guys know what i mean? i want Duncan as the all star's starter next season but if he is listed in the center slot which means he wouldn't be the starter due to Yao.

Again,do not tell me you don't care the all star game.please,just a discussing.

duncan228
07-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Duncan has always been listed as the Power Forward for Spurs games. That's not going to change. It doesn't matter what 'position' he plays on the court.

He'll be listed as a Forward for the All-Star balloting.

And, Yao is more than likely out for the season.

mystargtr34
07-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Yea, hes pretty much played as the center since 2007/2008 when Matt Bonner became the starter.

Rapper
07-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Duncan has always been listed as the Power Forward for Spurs games. That's not going to change. It doesn't matter what 'position' he plays on the court.

He'll be listed as a Forward for the All-Star balloting.

And, Yao is more than likely out for the season.

Really? but why some said Duncan would be a center next season ? and accroding to some chinese news ,Yao is being healed by"a chinese-style surgery" and his legs is getting better and better ,maybe Yao could play for the Rockets in December

Riverwalkman
07-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Teams list guys at the position they want, I think Duncan will be listed as PF just like always. Besides, I'm in China and no offical news here illustrates Yao is healed by any special treatment.

erikuff
07-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Besides, even if Yao was back by December and Duncan somehow was a Center, Yao wouldn't have enough time to gather stats for the votes.

bigdog
07-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Does a thread like this have to be started every 2.55 milliseconds?

mudyez
07-28-2009, 03:48 AM
if he is listed as center, I think, it would be good for his starter chances. Who would he face? Oden? Okur?...Hell even Bonner has a chance this year, if he is listed as center.

Not that Timmy or anyone in the organisation cares about stuff like that!

Last year, he was our center most of the time (with Bonner) and with McDyess, I'd say, he is more or less the truer center too.

btw.:
talking about positions:
Is there really a need of making such a big thing out of it? I'm a coach and I'd say there are 3 different types of players (at least offense wise): Pointguards, Wings and Insideplayers. Ok, you try to have things like Shotblocking in your team and you try to have favourable matchups, but after all thats exactely the main point: its about the matchups! If my opponent plays two SF's instead of a SG, I might think about putting someone a little bigger on the court or see if I can use a speed advantage. If my PF has the better matchup in the post, why not play him inside and the C and the top of the key? its a way to big thing. Do I want to be versitile (having bigger and faster wings, having postplayers and midrangshooters inside?)? yeah! but there is no problem with two PF's, if one can defend an opposing center and there is no problem with 2 shooting guards, if they either torch the oppsong bigger wing wth speed, or are able to defend themself bigger as they are.

in todays NBA, it shouldnt be a problem to have 2 PF's or 2 SG's, as long as you can react in a certain way (The Cavs couldnt against the matchupproblems they had with Orlando)

another thing:
why are SF's called frondcourtplayers? I guess at the time when it was introduced, there where more PF type of SF's (with no 3pt line and so on), but right now, I dont see one SF that actually isnt a perimeter player (which should be called backcourt)...even a lot of PF's are more like big wings (Shard, Odom).
Its not important at all, but I'm always confused seeing players like Carter beein called frontcourtplayers.

mudyez
07-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Besides, even if Yao was back by December and Duncan somehow was a Center, Yao wouldn't have enough time to gather stats for the votes.

Do the chineese people care about the stats when it comes to voting?

Rapper
07-28-2009, 03:57 AM

You're right:wakeup

Riverwalkman
07-28-2009, 04:10 AM

Maybe they do.Ex-spurs player Mengke Bateer has a huge amount of fans, but he did not get too many votes.:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
07-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Rapper, you need to stop starting the same threads over and over trolling. You started this same thread last week.