PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl...adjusted

johngateswhiteley
07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4359924

johngateswhiteley
07-28-2009, 03:36 AM
don't know if i like it...its rare a team is as good as utah. and even then, i think USC would have beat 'em good.

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 03:40 AM
It has to be better than watching USC take on another Big 10 team. If Utah and Boise want these BCS bids so bad, join the Pac 10.

DMX7
07-28-2009, 06:50 AM
If Boise State were in the Pac-10, it would never go undefeated again. They feast off lame schedules and get up for the one big game they play.

j-6
07-28-2009, 07:59 AM
If the Big 10 or Pac 10 champs qualify for the BCS championship in that timespan, and there's a non-BCS qualifier, the Rose Bowl is forced to take them? This is a lame attempt to stack the deck and provide your game some Cinderella-style magic to keep it watchable.

Watch, if this actually happens it'll be a MAC or C-USA team, not one of the WAC/MWC schools they are hoping for.

gaKNOW!blee
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Must be nice having a home bowl game.

johngateswhiteley
07-28-2009, 10:19 AM
the dux are going to be in the rose bowl anyway

i agree...and then USC will play in the BCS National Championship game, at the same venue, days later.

Phillip
07-28-2009, 11:56 AM
lol usc

lol overrated

lol lateral

lol 41-38

lol greatest team ever

lol leinart being a crybaby

lol 400 yards of offense by 1 player

lol thinking they will be in NC game this year

johngateswhiteley
07-29-2009, 08:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/PacificLifeHolidayBowlLogo.png

thats t.u.'s bowl game...besides, USC has never been to the holiday bowl. i bet you're surprised.

in any case...i don't quite understand why some people are down on USC (just a bit). they are absolutely stacked on offense and their defense will be very very good. i don't think QB will be a problem.

j-6
07-29-2009, 11:38 PM
thats t.u.'s bowl game...besides, USC has never been to the holiday bowl. i bet you're surprised.

in any case...i don't quite understand why some people are down on USC (just a bit). they are absolutely stacked on offense and their defense will be very very good. i don't think QB will be a problem.

SC is going to be very, very good. I really wonder about QB with Mustain third on the depth chart. Are they that stacked, or did he lose his fastball? I think they'll drop one to Oregon and possibly win their very first Holiday Bowl this season.

johngateswhiteley
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
SC is going to be very, very good. I really wonder about QB with Mustain third on the depth chart. Are they that stacked, or did he lose his fastball? I think they'll drop one to Oregon and possibly win their very first Holiday Bowl this season.

and just like that...you've got my attention. @ 11-1 (or 1 loss in conference)...SC still wins the Pac-10, imo.

shall i count you in the crowd doubting SC, then?