PDA

View Full Version : Pop: If We Don't Win I Should Be Fired!

CHRIS7013
07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
He still has one of the best coaches career record record wise as an NBA coach. Lately he has just been cursed with inconsistent shooters and injuries. To me he has earned respect from every player and coach in the NBA.

Spurs report: Getting inside

July 27, 2009
The Sports Xchange

Gregg Popovich joked that San Antonio's offseason haul has upped the pressure on one of the league's premier coaches.
"If we don't win it, I should probably be fired," Popovich quipped. "Without a doubt."
The Spurs entered the offseason knowing they needed an infusion of youth and talent after falling to Dallas in the first round. Mission accomplished. San Antonio looks to be the Lakers' stiffest challenge in the Western Conference.
Postseason vets Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess were added without comprising the Tim Duncan-Tony Parker-Manu Ginobili nucleus. Second-round steal DeJuan Blair also joins the fun.
Jefferson adds a scorer and potentially takes pressure off Ginobili, who's grown more injury prone in recent years. Duncan needed more bangers down low and he's getting a couple in McDyess and Blair.
"We couldn't have painted it any better," Popovich said. "For us getting healthy is the most important thing, to make sure Timmy and Manu are straight, obviously. You have to have your horses to get it done these days.
"The part that you can try to control, as much as you can, is the draft and free-agent signings and trades. We've done a little bit of each. We were able to make a good trade, we were able to make a signing and we had a good draft, so all three came forward and presented an opportunity this summer and we were able to take advantage. That doesn't happen every often to get something in all three areas. With that, I'm thrilled."

King K
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
been posted here before

completely deck
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131616

cnyc3
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
awesome article, pure gOLD!