PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mock drafts

Supreme Allah
04-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I always found these interesting. What do you think of the accuracy of these?

http://probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

http://nbadraft.net/index.asp

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Martynas Andriuskevicius is supposed to be a great raw talent, but I don't know about Hoopshype saying he should be number 1. He's barely played and averages like 2 points.

I think that in this draft you might find gems later in the draft and the "top" guys might even bust. There's not many sure things.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah, the Bucks need alota help this offseason!! :)
JP, Mike

Supreme Allah
04-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, the Bucks need alota help this offseason!! :)
JP, Mike

I would like to see Taft play for the bucks. That is the Taft that beat the badgers in the second round last season. He was pretty inconsistent this year.

Supreme Allah
04-07-2005, 06:42 PM
oh, and the only reason the bucks didnt do well is because we didnt trade for ginobili right?

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Whats the mock draft we looked at couple days ago that had that Gonzaga guy (whats his name?) going to the Spurs?

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
oh, and the only reason the bucks didnt do well is because we didnt trade for ginobili right?

Exactly! :lol :lol

JMarkJohns
04-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Whats the mock draft we looked at couple days ago that had that Gonzaga guy (whats his name?) going to the Spurs?

Turiaf...I doubt he lasts past 25 with all the bigs that are pulling out of this years draft. Boone, Williams, May are all top-15 picks and all are going back to school. Diogu could as well. What was once an incredably deep draft for bigs has turned into a mediocre one at best.

Bogut
Taft
Frye
Villanueva
Turiaf
Roberts
Simien
Lee
Williams

International
Marty Vicious
Tiago Splitter
Johan Petro
Kosta Perovic
Peja Samanski

Likely out
Boone (connecticut)
Williams (duke)
May (north carolina)
Diogu (asu)
Morris (kentucky)
Aldridge (texas)

Going into the season, just about all these player were projected as declaring.

Considering all the undeclared's are top-20 picks ('cept maybe Diogu), it really waters down the big field this year, meaning the borderline first rounder like Turiaf and Simien get bumped considerably and the 20-esque picks get bumped to mid-teens and late lottory.

Really is a shame...

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 04:05 AM
They probably just said that about Turiaf to the Spurs because people know Turiaf is friend's with Parker.

whottt
04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Rather than trying to find a big man in the draft...I'd like to see the Spurs try and get Kedrick Perkins from Boston...he is turning into a hard nosed enforcer type C and is showing a lot of rebounding potential and shotblocking potential...The time to get this guy is now while he is still struggling to learn the game and still kind of sucks...and this offseason will probably be our last chance to do it...I'd even give up Scola to get him...

This guy is intense and looks like a future Laimbeer...when you get intensity in a 6'10 280lb body...you will have good player sooner or later(I am betting sooner)...

In the draft I'd like to see the Spurs continue trying to land a 3.....there have been a ton of nice threes in the late rounds of the last 2 drafts, including a mid second rounder...