PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k10

IronMexican
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
2K Sports today announced NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide pre-season fun for basketball fans leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Planned for release this September on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system,, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player with the utmost detail and, for the first time in the NBA 2K series, begin their career by experiencing the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned, ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.

“We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches this fall.”

Features of NBA 2K10: Draft Combine include:

* Building custom players by working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, and increasing their NBA stock through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games.
* Over 300 different signature customizations, including player-specific shooting animations, dunk and dribble packages and more to allow each created player to have his own unique personal style.
* Ability to strengthen all parts of the created player’s game with a variety of drills, such as shooting, post offense and defense, attacking the basket, dribbling, challenging shots, boxing out for rebounds and more to progress through the NBA Draft Combine.
* Organized games that will allow players to gain valuable skill points and offer a variety of specific in-game objectives that will need to be accomplished in order to gain them. At the end of each game, a full analysis will be available for gamers to review their player’s performance and strategize their further improvement.
* All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will wear a special patch on their uniform throughout the rest of that player’s career to denote that they have completed the NBA Draft Combine.
* Online leaderboards to track the highest ranking custom built players, and where a player stacks up against the competition.
* Opportunity to unlock special achievements on Xbox 360 and trophies for PLAYSTATION 3 system.
* Fans can take their custom built players from NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey of becoming an NBA legend.

NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, developed by Visual Concepts, is planned for release in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India this September on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 (400 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network for PLAYSTATION 3 system ($4.99). For more information about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, please visit www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc.

http://www.2ksports.com/media/images/screens/DCOMBINE_MMGAME1.jpg

Combine stuff looks boring. I don't really care about the draft for Bball games. It's not like recruiting for College football or drafting in Madden important, or anything

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-28-2009, 10:59 PM
The Thunder are gonna be so sick on that game.

angelbelow
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM
hmmmm I'm semi interested depending on how in detail we're talking about. paying for it is probably a no go for me.

Cry Havoc
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure how cool this sounds. Could be very gimmicky.

What would be AWESOME (I mean really fucking awesome) is if they designed a draft system like this so that you could create a player in-game, but change the system as follows:

1. You create a player in your own likeness and position (maybe embellishing on the height/weight a little if necessary.

2. You are given very basic attributes and given a few points to adjust your player's attributes.

3. You can select to go through his career with him developing into a mediocre player, OR:

4. You can sync up to an online service through Nike+ (or something similar). As you work out IN REAL LIFE, your data is recorded into the tracker and gives the simulated person in the game bonuses. So let's say you start off 80 pounds overweight -- the game will develop a plan for you to increase your in-game player's stats by developing an achievement regimen much like Xbox Live's virtual system. If you're really fit, you'll have to work your ass off to get the bonuses (chances are you won't need them as much), but if you're really out of shape, the game gives you opportunities to earn lots of bonuses for gradually working your way into shape.

Anyway. That's just my take.

Cry Havoc
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
double post

iggypop123
07-29-2009, 02:47 AM
well battlefield sold like crazy. at 5 bucks and boredom this could get people on board. more info needed

BacktoBasics
07-29-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't get it. Do you build a player up that would potentially appear in a later Dynasty draft?

IronMexican
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
The whole Signature player thing started in 2k7 and it's slowly gotten better. I want them to take it a couple notches above these last couple season, though. 2k7 added some signature shots, 2k8 added some signature dunks, and 2k9 added some signature lay-ups. 2k10 should go all out with the whole signature thing. They also need to fix the online. 2k9 was almost unplayable online.

JYWtTyrhZNc

IronMexican
08-25-2009, 07:28 PM
gXFbImO2lNA

LnGrrrR
08-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Hm... the customization seems pretty badass. I love that type of stuff. Hopefully it's free, but I might check it out for 5 bucks.

Hopefully you can make your own team in 2K10, and then I can stock them with a starting 5 I want. :)

IronMexican
08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Pretty sure it's 5 bucks.

dirk4mvp
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
:lol and people complain about ea charging for little stuff.

eisfeld
08-25-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't get it. Do you build a player up that would potentially appear in a later Dynasty draft?

It's a new Game Mode.
You create your player and play in summer-leage and various pre-draft workouts. Have impressed the teams you may get drafted.
If you haven't impressed a team yet you're send to the d-league where you can play till you get called up by a team.

Mister Sinister
08-26-2009, 03:09 AM
400 points is no biggie for me at the moment. I'll give it a shot.

IronMexican
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I got it.

lefty
09-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I thought they would call the game "Lakers 2k10"

LnGrrrR
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
It's a new Game Mode.
You create your player and play in summer-leage and various pre-draft workouts. Have impressed the teams you may get drafted.
If you haven't impressed a team yet you're send to the d-league where you can play till you get called up by a team.

Who's actually going to play the D-league? I'll just reroll a guy and try again until I get into the first round at least.

It's not easy though, to be sure.

DannyT
09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
how do you create another player? I have already finished my first player and uploaded him...I am getting bored just playing scrimmages now

Rip-Hamilton32
09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
how do you create another player? I have already finished my first player and uploaded him...I am getting bored just playing scrimmages now

delete the save file from the hardrive

DannyT
09-29-2009, 04:40 PM
ok I will try that tonight... good looking out homie

Rip-Hamilton32
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
no problem, it worked for me on my ps3

IronMexican
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Game takes a lot of getting used to.

kbrury
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah I finished my player a while ago hes projected to be the third pick of the second round. I made an all around SF and the speed is pretty slow and takes some to time to get used to. Just utilize pick and rolls a lot and your player will get some good looks.

DannyT
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
yeah the jump for rebound timing threw me off at first but I liked it, it will do for now.

Rip-Hamilton32
09-29-2009, 07:35 PM
i like how you can actually put back dunk now

IronMexican
09-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Honestly, not that impressed. I am having more fun with Madden than this. 2k left too much to be desired with the online, again. I dnt know if they are waiting till the 6th to put up lobbies, but right now, there are none.

The post play is sluggish and non-responsive. I've had about five 3 second violations cause it didn't let me shoot the ball in the post.

Maybe it will grw on me, but I don't recommend buying it.

LnGrrrR
09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Honestly, not that impressed. I am having more fun with Madden than this. 2k left too much to be desired with the online, again. I dnt know if they are waiting till the 6th to put up lobbies, but right now, there are none.

The post play is sluggish and non-responsive. I've had about five 3 second violations cause it didn't let me shoot the ball in the post.

Maybe it will grw on me, but I don't recommend buying it.

Thanks for the headsup IM. Is the AI any better than the draft combine? I made an athletic PG and would pass it to the big guy in the post, only to see him sit there forever with it sometimes instead of just taking it up. Still happen?

Rip-Hamilton32
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
theres some gameplay footage on youtube now and i think it looks great and the soundtrack isn't bad either

IronMexican
09-30-2009, 08:52 AM
I haven't touched the combine, lngrr.

I'll play it a bit longer before I completely abandon the game, though.