PDA

View Full Version : Downright.. embarassing

pigknuckles
04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't know who's more at fault the coach or the team. No excuse for a team to have such a prestigous home record and barely over .5oo road record. This is not characteristic of a championship team.

We continually come out flat on the road, at what point do we realize - the other team wants to kick our ass?

Front office has some serious issues to address in the offseason.

T Park
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
your kidding me right.

Think the team mightve been a tad tired?

T Park
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
They didnt play well, but Dallas couldnt miss in the third and the Spurs couldnt hit nothin.

Big fuckin deal.

You do know they are missing there BEST player, and the Mavericks are totally healthy.

pigknuckles
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
It's been a trademark this season - not showing up on the road.
I give up trying to figure this team out.

T Park
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
not showing up on the road.

They are 2 games over 500 on the road.

If you are at that or more thats good.

Back to back, missing two guys, no one is makin anything.

God let it go.

ducks
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
b ack to back games kill the spurs without duncan
and manu is worseless on back to back games

ducks
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
spurs are the 4 best road team this year

exstatic
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
They were 19-11 on the road before Tim went down in Detroit. Imagine that...the team struggles on the road without Tim. Get used to it. They won't win a roadie until he comes back.

King
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Dude...every team has games like this. Nothing was going right for the Spurs and everything was going right for the Mavs. It's no indication of the the Spurs.

There are just some nights like this. Don't try to figure anything out. Forget it and move on to the next game.

pigknuckles
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Manu's going to have to lay someone out , then maybe these bastards will stop phuking with him.

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
as Cotton would do.

Flush the toilet.

Tek_XX
04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Why would anyone be embarassed by this team tonight, they gave no heart, i don't waste emotions on a team like this. Seriously i hope eveyone is right when the talk bout back to back, road game blah blah blah, all the excuses for not playing well, and the magic wand will come out when Tim Duncan comes back and everything is hucky dory, and everything goes back to the way it was...i hope.

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
they gave no heart

they didnt??

Looked to me like they were still fighting in the 4th quarter and the first.

BTW, coaching staff said they put in vanilla plays and didnt want to show the Mavericks anything.

But, keep bitching and worrying about a back to back without Tim Duncan.

Keep worrying.

whottt
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I blame the refs.

ducks
04-07-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah they made the spurs miss

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:13 PM
:lol

whottt
04-07-2005, 10:14 PM
It was also the second night of a back to back.

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:14 PM
ducks.

Btw, you know, you couldve been a smart person at one time.

Im gonna file it under

Yuma AZ being the biggest hugest shit hole on the face of the planet, making Iraq looking desireable, making you post stupid shit tonight.

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
damnt I hate it when I dont know if Whottt is being sarcastic or serious.

Tek_XX
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Giving heart in garbage time is good enough for you T park, fine point taken. Have you looked into the Atlanta hawks, they give excellent heart in the 4th quarter when they're down by 40

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
oh christ.

So how did they "show no heart' mr nba genius.

kolko
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Spurs have won only one road game since all star break. And it was in Cleveland, with Duncan making the buzzer-beater.

Tek_XX
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh so T park you think this is the best you can get out of the Spurs, oh so they were just tired and they've never played a back to bACK before. I didn't say i was a genius, i just don't make as many excuses as you do.

ducks
04-07-2005, 10:21 PM
:cuss 36 points! When is the last time a Spurs team lost by 36? DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you gotta lose be a little more competitive. Won early losing late. Not looking good at all. :bang

the d was not the problem
dude you have one post you should chill

Spurminator
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Lost in all of this is the acknowledgement that the Mavericks are a damn good team, and Avery has them playing at a very high level right now. Did the Spurs think penetration was going to be as easy as when Dirk was starting at center?

whottt
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
If one or two balls had bounced differently the Spurs would have won this game.

exstatic
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Spurs have won only one road game since all star break. And it was in Cleveland, with Duncan making the buzzer-beater.

Wow. What a coincidence, Einstein. That's the ONLY road game Tim has played since the AS break. Are you starting to see the pattern to their road woes yet? C'mon, you can do it!

T Park
04-07-2005, 10:35 PM
oh so they were just tired

that, they are missing there franchise player, and the Mavericks couldnt miss.

If you cant see the team fought all night, your drunk.

boutons
04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
"They are 2 games over 500 on the road."

Very mediocre for the NBA title favorite, and that's including W-L with lottery teams. Go back and look at the Spurs' road record against playoff teams. I don't get a good feeling.

boutons
04-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Tim's hurt.

Who else is hurt? Manu's hurt? It sure doesn't look like it.

There's no excuse for how bad the Spurs were on offense tonight. The Mavs, or any team, playing some defense is enough for the Spurs offense to sputter and die.

samikeyp
04-07-2005, 10:57 PM
There are some nights when one team can do no wrong, and the other can do know right. I really don't think we win this game even with Duncan. Its ok, though....the meaningful time is coming.

T Park
04-07-2005, 11:00 PM
It sure doesn't look like it.

Of course, your riding on the planes and in the team bus and know exactly who is and who isnt tired, and hurt.

Of course, keep talkin about your ass.

HOW BOUT THEM FIRST PLACE ROCKETS!!!

lmao.....

boutons
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
"the other can do know right"

Well, the Spurs are WAY over their quota of games, or quarters, of halves, this season where "they can do no right".

There's something wrong, something missing pscychologically with this team other than Tim being out.

I really thought I saw the future champions in the huge, incredible, courageous W's vs Rockets and vs Sonics. The Spurs would be toughened by Tim's absence, turn a lemon into lemonade, and would be unbeatable when Tim was back.

But then the losses @DEN and @DAL makes them look like lottery junk. I don't think Tim would have made any diffence @DEN or @DAL. When the Spurs stink, they all stink, just like last May, when NOBODY was hurt or tired and EVERYBODY stunk.

T Park
04-07-2005, 11:11 PM
fuck you boutons.

You dont believe.

This thread.

Is for the ones THAT believe.

Go back to your Rockets game punk.

exstatic
04-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Wrong thread, TPark. :lol

T Park
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
damnt.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok, you official lose all credibility when you say the following:

I don't think Tim would have made any diffence @DEN or @DAL.

Tell me, is that crack in your pipe? You don't win back to back MVPs and become arguably the best player in the game without being able to change a game incredibly. This was a bad loss, but lets not forget the circumstances it was played under.

My my how quickly we forget the difference number 21 makes.

boutons
04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Kiss my ass, T_park.

The Spurs play basic, average basketball or they don't,
hit some shots, or they don't,
hustle the boards, or they don't,
simple facts is simple facts.

Fuck all this magik belief hocus-pocus.

Play the damn game, or go fishin.

Last Nov/Dec was the time for fucking around, not gelling, screwing up badly, like the Pistons, Mavs, Grizz, Pacers, etc did.

But now it's April, it's money time, the other playoff teams look like playoff teams, getting ready for the playoffs, and the Spurs look like shit. over and over and over.

eg, the Pacers are doing it without Jamal and Jermaine, why TF can't the Spurs play basketball without Tim?

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Because Tim is much better than those other players, the Pacers play in the east, and they've had a whole season of playing without O'neal to adapt.

Give me a fucking break, are you that dense?

leemajors
04-07-2005, 11:29 PM
hey, at least we didn't lose to charlotte this season!

boutons
04-07-2005, 11:29 PM
The Spurs have sucked badly plenty of times this season, lost to lottery teams, EC playoff junk, with Tim playing.

SequSpur
04-07-2005, 11:32 PM

Please tell me you're not serious.

This was the worst display of NBA talent and an NBA game that I have ever seen.

And Bob Hill and Jerry Tarkanian weren't coaching either.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 11:36 PM
The Spurs have sucked badly plenty of times this season, lost to lottery teams, EC playoff junk, with Tim playing.

At this point, WGAF? They've also looked unbeatable with Tim in there, and you don't seem to be trumpeting that.

T Park
04-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Houston is in first place though....

SequSpur
04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
With Tim, the Spurs are one of the best teams.

Without him, they would be in New Orleans..... :lol

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 11:45 PM
That's bullshit, but I don't care because it's irrelevent. This team has Tim, so I don't care what they're like without him.

SequSpur
04-07-2005, 11:46 PM
That's bullshit, but I don't care because it's irrelevent. This team has Tim, so I don't care what they're like without him.

Thank God or Bob Hill.

whottt
04-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Please tell me you're not serious.

This was the worst display of NBA talent and an NBA game that I have ever seen.

And Bob Hill and Jerry Tarkanian weren't coaching either.

Don't blame me...blame AJ and yourself. If everyone hated AJ like I do he wouldn't be the coach of the Mavs and they'd still be pussies...I told you guys he was an asshole.

wildbill2u
04-08-2005, 11:04 AM

One or two? I guess you mean one or two of those balls where you get 20 points for a basket. :rolleyes

Smackie Chan
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Kiss my ass, T_park.

Quote of the day :lmao