PDA

View Full Version : woman killed, fetus removed from womb

sonic21
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32200999/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

WORCESTER, Mass. - A pregnant woman was found dead in her apartment with her fetus cut from her womb, and police on Wednesday were trying to find the missing baby, which they said could have survived.

Authorities said 23-year-old Darlene Haynes was about eight months pregnant and the child would have needed immediate medical attention to survive.

The exact cause of Haynes' death had not been determined Tuesday, but Detective Capt. Edward J. McGinn Jr. said the autopsy indicated Haynes suffered head injuries.

Her body was found Monday by her landlord, William Thompson, who told WCVB-TV that a "horrifying smell" led him to Haynes' bedroom, where he found her body wrapped in bedding in a closet. Police said the victim had apparently been dead for several days, and that she hadn't contacted family or friends since Thursday.

Officials say Haynes also has a 1-year-old daughter who is safe with relatives.

Restraining order against ex-boyfriend
Police said Tuesday that they had interviewed the father of Haynes' daughter, Roberto Rodriguez.

Haynes had a restraining order against Rodriguez, who allegedly pushed her into a glass table in June and cut her arm, then grabbed her by the throat and slapped her, the Telegram & Gazette of Worcester reported, citing court records.

Court records also showed Rodriguez was charged with hitting Haynes in 2008 in a case that was continued without a finding.

In June, Haynes described the 24-year-old Rodriguez as her boyfriend of several years. Her landlord said Rodriguez moved out of the apartment last month.

In an interview with WCVB, Rodriguez said Haynes was "a nice girl."
"She had her problems, you know, but nobody deserves to go (through) what she went through," he said.

JoeChalupa
07-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Didn't something like this happen not too long ago and they caught the woman a few days later?

Bender
07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
could it be another case of "man didn't want to pay child support"?

Spursmania
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
This is horrible!

iggypop123
07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
this shit went on all the time during the rape of nanking

David Bowie
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Update:

Just saw this on the news.

The baby has been found alive. One of the victim's friends has been found with the baby. She was passing the baby off as hers. Some people got suspicious and called the police.

This is the best outcome of this horrible tragedy .

JudynTX
07-30-2009, 08:11 AM
WTF is this world coming to?

easjer
07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I saw the update this morning. Apparently people were suspicious of the friend/acquaintance because she said she had the baby late Thursday was home on Friday (or something). And someone called the police, I guess?

They haven't arrested the women or her partner for murder yet, just for suspicion of kidnapping and flight. And they haven't ruled out the boyfriend as an accomplice, based on what I saw.

That is so awful.

tlongII
07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
The same thing happened here recently. Unfortunately the baby died.

easjer
07-30-2009, 09:36 AM
There is a reason that ACOG recommends c-sections be done after 38 weeks gestation (and now they are changing their policy recommendation to 39 weeks gestation) unless there is medical need. Babies lungs - even at 37 weeks, previously considered full term - do not always work correctly and they need to be tubed or on higher oxygen levels.

It is a miracle this baby is still alive.

Summers
07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
this shit went on all the time during the rape of nanking

My husband read that book. It's not fiction, btw, for those who aren't familiar.

lebomb
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Isnt it crazy that some people kill their infants because they dont want it, yet others try to rip the baby out of someones womb because they want one so bad. Is there any way we can get these two kinds of people together? We can solves a big problem.

easjer
07-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I think part of the problem is that people who would kill and steal a baby are unlikely to pass the psych evaluations that are often a part of homestudies for adoption approval. . .

lebomb
07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I think part of the problem is that people who would kill and steal a baby are unlikely to pass the psych evaluations that are often a part of homestudies for adoption approval. . .

Yeah, I know..........I was thinking in a perfect world situation :depressed Thats what the voices are telling me. :wow