PDA

View Full Version : Just how good will the USC Football team be this year?

bostonguy
07-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I predict my boys will go unbeaten and DOMINATE their way to a national championship. The D is going to be even sicker and the O will put up points at will. Unless USC looses focus (which they wont because they are hungry) they are going to be UNBEATABLE this season. Go Trojans!!

P.S: Im going to the UCLA/USC game november 28th! Can't wait!

starboy
07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
I honestly think USC, TX/OU, and Florida are going undefeated this year. AKA the BCS is gonna fux someone over again this year. Hopefully it's not TX.

samikeyp
07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
If SC loses a game, it will be in Eugene.

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 01:24 PM
They are losing in Berkely. I think UT is losing to OU. It would be awesome to see SC vs UT.

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I predict my boys will go unbeaten and DOMINATE their way to a national championship. The D is going to be even sicker and the O will put up points at will. Unless USC looses focus (which they wont because they are hungry) they are going to be UNBEATABLE this season. Go Trojans!!

P.S: Im going to the UCLA/USC game november 28th! Can't wait!

And since when were you a SC fan? You were rooting for the Beavers to knock them off Thursday night.

CubanSucks
07-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Wow, a Celtics fan is also a fan of USC football. Let me guess, you're also a fan of the Steelers, Patriots, Tarheels, and Redwings

kamikazi_player
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM
They lose to UCLA. *I kid I kid*
I think they will lose to Ohio State and Oregon or Cal this year though.

bostonguy
07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow, a Celtics fan is also a fan of USC football. Let me guess, you're also a fan of the Steelers, Patriots, Tarheels, and Redwings

Fuck the steelers. Im a pats fan. Im whatever on hockey. I respect but dont care much for UNC.

bostonguy
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
And since when were you a SC fan? You were rooting for the Beavers to knock them off Thursday night.

NCAA 2009 and 2010 made me a fan as I was a dynasty with them. Im going to the game vs UCLA November 28th so im pumped to go to the Coliseum.

bostonguy
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
bostonguy hearts usc???

why does that not surprise me

:toast

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
They are losing in Berkely. I think UT is losing to OU. It would be awesome to see SC vs UT.
Just hope it doesn't turn out like our NCAA Football 2010 games. :D

pkbpkb81
07-30-2009, 07:32 PM
right now i would put usc at 5th

1. UF
2. ut
3. OU
4. OSU
5. USC

all 5 of these team have a lot of talent back and would not be shocked to see any of them win the nc

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
rofl
usc

hopefully the voters and fans remember what a pathetic abortion-esque joke USC was last year

Betta get you guys a few more ting brothers if you want to make a real title run this year...CORRR SOOOO

rjv
07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
ah USC, the best program money can buy

mookie2001
07-31-2009, 07:56 PM
no qb talk in this thread

its just assumed john aaron booty sanchez is going to dominate and win a nc with no experience as a starter

Thunder Dan
08-01-2009, 12:48 PM
wait, you said you became a fan of them (even referring to them as "my boys") because you used them in a video game? are you serious?

Thunder Dan
08-01-2009, 01:20 PM
as serious as most fans are of the 'sox' and the 'pats'

I hate how people can do that. Like yesterday the Indians traded my favorite player and are basically throwing in the towel for the foreseeable future and as much as I say I'm not an Indians fan anymore and I hate the Indians, I can't just pick a new team. Like I love the way the Angels play and Tori Hunter is one of my favorite players, but even if I rooted for them I wouldn't get excited if they won the World Series. If the Indians won the World Series (this is hypothetical so bear with me) it would make the early stages of my life as one of the crowing achievements for putting in all that time watching them. So as much as I hate them right now, I know I'll stick with them through the rebuild, and the next one and the next one... this is why I get pissed off when someone cheers for a team because they like them on a video game

Holmes_Fans
08-01-2009, 05:44 PM
'Quizz Rogers will do them in the butt again.

mookie2001
08-01-2009, 09:22 PM
the computers. are going to love. USC

trust me on this one

this is my prediction for the 09 season

IronMexican
08-02-2009, 12:36 AM
'Quizz Rogers will do them in the butt again.

They play them at the Coliseum. I don't see them losing to OSU at the Coliseum.

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2009, 02:38 AM
when was the last time sc's qb left early?

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 04:11 AM
wait, you said you became a fan of them (even referring to them as "my boys") because you used them in a video game? are you serious?

:lmao:lmao @ you taking me seriously. :lmao

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 04:12 AM
as serious as most fans are of the 'sox' and the 'pats'

Damn right Im a fan of the Sox and Pats. :lmao@ you taking me seriously too. Oh im shipping off to Boston woahhhhhhh

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 04:13 AM
I hate how people can do that. Like yesterday the Indians traded my favorite player and are basically throwing in the towel for the foreseeable future and as much as I say I'm not an Indians fan anymore and I hate the Indians, I can't just pick a new team. Like I love the way the Angels play and Tori Hunter is one of my favorite players, but even if I rooted for them I wouldn't get excited if they won the World Series. If the Indians won the World Series (this is hypothetical so bear with me) it would make the early stages of my life as one of the crowing achievements for putting in all that time watching them. So as much as I hate them right now, I know I'll stick with them through the rebuild, and the next one and the next one... this is why I get pissed off when someone cheers for a team because they like them on a video game

Again :lmao @ you taking me seriously.

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 04:19 AM
the rule on favorite teams is you have to stick with the teams you liked before you were 8 years old.

after that, you have to have lived in that city at some point to claim that team

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SpuronyourFace
08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
USC has no shot at the title this year. Try again another year bandwagon bostonfan.

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
USC has no shot at the title this year. Try again another year bandwagon bostonfan.

:lmao:lmao:lmao@ baiting you in too. :lmao

SpuronyourFace
08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao@ baiting you in too. :lmao

lol @ the " I baited you" comeback. Thats probably the weakest and lowest forms of comeback one can use after getting told.

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
lol @ the " I baited you" comeback. Thats probably the weakest and lowest forms of comeback one can use after getting told.

:lmao@getting told

bostonguy
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
:lmao at your favorite teams :lmao

:depressed I feel bad for Charlie Wies. Loved him here in New England.

KSeal
08-02-2009, 08:21 PM
A Boston guy being a SC fan is quite interesting but w/e, people can root for whoever they want I suppose.

SC should be pretty good, they'll probably lose to a team they shouldn't and then dominate all others.

Spursfan092120
08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
A Boston guy being a SC fan is quite interesting but w/e, people can root for whoever they want I suppose.

SC should be pretty good, they'll probably lose to a team they shouldn't and then dominate all others.
He was joking I think. Pretty sure Bostonguy is a BC fan.

KSeal
08-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Oh :lol

Went right over my head.

Spursfan092120
08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh :lol

Went right over my head.
lol...it happens

bostonguy
08-03-2009, 02:14 AM

:depressed:depressed

The Gemini Method
08-03-2009, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised @ USC going all the way undefeated, nor would I be surprised if they lose to Arizona. I don't know how this team will gel this year because we are starting a brand new LB corps and a brand new QB. We are loaded at the skill position with Damian Williams and Joe McKnight returning. If our young team plays like they did in the previous stops, the Trojans will be tough.

I'm guessing one team is coming from the SEC...

The Gemini Method
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Right now they have Aaron Corp, a versatile type QB, as the starter. I believe he is about 6'4 mobile-type that will be something different than what we have had in years past. I don't know how much he'll be allowed to take the action outside the pocket, but we'll see. If not, we could potentially start the 3rd Trojan QB to be strongly considered for the Heisman. His name is Matt Barkley and he is going to be a beast when he takes over the reigns at Exposition Park. Though I don't believe hype when it is parlayed this earlier into the preseason, he's considered to be better than Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. I would like to see what he can do while we still have the likes of Damian Williams and Videl Hazleton...

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Barkley better be redshirted.

The Gemini Method
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Barkley better be redshirted.

I don't think they'll redshirt Barkley because he has a real good shot of replacing Corp as a freshman. I don't like the idea, but if Aaron cannot produce on the level that Barkley can, give it to Matt. The receivers are good and would benefit from the more accurate Barkley, so that is always an idea.

InRareForm
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
USC's backbone recently has been the defense, yet 9 starters are gone, and we are made to believe it will be back to dominance?

I see USC slipping against some pac 10 teams this year.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
They're gonna have to comb the local burroughs for some fresh new Ting action.

Dr Cox
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
i see them about the same as last year, pac 10 weakness has hurt them in the past..

this year i could see

Ut vs sc

sportsfreak475
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Who ranked OSU above USC? I'm just scared about SC playing in Eugene, or in Oregon beacuse they haven't won in Oregon for 3 years now. Apart from that, it should be pretty easy for SC. Cal needs more than Jahvid Best to beat SC. Pryor will be better this season, but they'll be rebuilding as well. SC in the national championship game against Florida

mookie2001
08-31-2009, 10:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/2114/usc-cb-wright-ruled-ineligible

LOS ANGELES -- USC (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=30) cornerback Shareece Wright (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183241) has been declared academically ineligible and will be forced to sit out the upcoming season.

Pac-10 blog

Coach Pete Carroll made the announcement after practice Monday, saying on the school's Web site, "Shareece didn't get it done. He didn't get the GPA he needed to get."

Wright was a projected starter for the No. 4 Trojans. He'll be replaced in the lineup by Josh Pinkard, a first-string cornerback last season who had been slotted as a starting safety this season. Pinkard's move opens up a starting role for safety Will Harris.
Wright will be allowed to practice with the team this fall, but won't be eligible to play in a game until next season. He is a redshirt junior who sat out last year with a neck injury.

heard he was a projected starter

did they project him correctly?

tlongII
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
USC will lose 3 games this year and either Oregon or Oregon State will win the Pac-10.

IronMexican
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
USC will lose 3 games this year and either Oregon or Oregon State will win the Pac-10.

OSU wont beat USC in the Coliseum. I could see them losing 3, and that being at the Shoe, at Oregon, and at Cal. They aren't gonna lose any games at home, though.

stretch
09-01-2009, 01:25 PM
UT > usc

tlongII
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
OSU wont beat USC in the Coliseum. I could see them losing 3, and that being at the Shoe, at Oregon, and at Cal. They aren't gonna lose any games at home, though.

The Beavers might beat them at the Coliseum. They're going to be damn good this year.

Ghazi
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
^ No they aren't, and no they won't

The defense will NOT be as good as last years. last years was a historically great defense really wish we saw Florida/USC.

I say 11-1. 4 tough road games I think they're bound to lose one.

One thing to note, even though the SEC/Big 12 are better than the Pac 10, USC definitely has a tougher schedule than Florida/Oklahoma/Texas this year... so it'll be interesting to see what would happen if 3 of those teams had 1 loss.

tlongII
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM

The defense will NOT be as good as last years. last years was a historically great defense really wish we saw Florida/USC.

One thing to note, even though the SEC/Big 12 are better than the Pac 10, USC definitely has a tougher schedule than Florida/Oklahoma/Texas this year... so it'll be interesting to see what would happen if 3 of those teams had 1 loss.

The SEC/Big 12 might be a little better this year. That's not usually the case, but perhaps this year it is.

tlongII
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Oh, and NO WAY does USC go 11-1. Freshman QB's always get killed in the Pac-10.

Spursfan092120
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
The SEC/Big 12 might be a little better this year. That's not usually the case, but perhaps this year it is.
Dude..the SEC/Big 12 is almost ALWAYS better than the Pac-10. Are you really just as much of a homer in college football than you are in the NBA?

mookie2001
09-01-2009, 08:42 PM
tlong is original conference pimper, he doesnt have a team he roots for the pac10 to have a winning bowl record against the b12 and sec

Spursfan092120
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
tlong is original conference pimper, he doesnt have a team he roots for the pac10 to have a winning bowl record against the b12 and sec
how retarded