PDA

View Full Version : Rubio close to 5 year deal with Barcelona

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60875/20090730/rubio_close_to_five_year_deal_with_barcelona

FC Barcelona is close to making Ricky Rubio a five-year offer worth $1.4 million annually with an escape clause allowing him to play in the NBA after two years.

Rubio was paid just $97,000 last season by DKV Joventut.

sribb43
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
:lmao t-wolves

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Yep, you figured that Kahn guy was in over his head.

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Fuck this guy.

rjv
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
the NBA will be just fine without this prima donna.

Indazone
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
They knew not to draft this guy. Frigging idiots at the T-Wolves. How stupid can you be when Rubio already said he wasn't go to play there and if you drafted him, he could stay right where he was and continue to play in the Euroleague. Screw the T-Wolves and their wasted draft pick. They deserve every bit of the punking they got.

sribb43
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
1.4 million a year? The 5th pick overall gets a better deal that that.

Would you play in Minnesota or stay in the best city in Spain where he is probably worshiped?

23LeBronJames23
07-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Would you play in Minnesota or stay in the best city in Spain where he is probably worshiped?

i would rather play in NBA for any team...

ata
07-30-2009, 01:39 PM

+ 1,4 mil in Europe in close to 2,5 mil in NBA (netto and brutto)
+ Barcelona is one of the best cities in Europe

+ Rubio is overrated

all_heart
07-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Why such hatred? Hes one of you essay!

Not necessarily vato! He's no Aztec warrior!! :lmao

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
No no! Soy loco por los Corn Balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does that even mean?

Darthkiller
07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
i would rather play in NBA for any team...

for free?

because

1 barcelona pay for rubio's 8 m buyout
2 euro salaries have no tax
3 better city

jonnybravo
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Fuck this guy.

Why would you say that. Isn't the only way he plays for the Wolves next season is to pay 6.6M out of his own pocket? Kind of hard on a 97K/year salary.

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I am crazy for cornballs. Shouldnt you know Spanish?

I know spanish, but what are corn balls? that made me laugh.

BacktoBasics
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I really don't see how the T-wolves lost out on this deal. They get to develop what will likely be the better of the two they drafted in Flynn. Rubio who is super young is going to look good no matter what happens overseas so his value will likely stay the same. The wolves are going to suck regardless.

With this guys age its no big loss if they bring him over in two years. If the team takes another direction his 2 year escape clause makes his rights super easy to trade.

At 18 he's not a game changer no matter how good he is.

Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

afireinside20
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
:lmao t-wolves

I'll be laughing out loud even more if he has a career ending injury over there, and the Wolves never get him.
:lol

JamStone
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Now he can afford a nose job.

ambchang
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Rubio pulling a Kobe.

JamStone
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Rubio pulling a Kobe.

Bending that bitch Kahn over and ass-raping him?

Hey, someone was going to say it. I just saved them the trouble.

45 bank shot
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
wowow, is it because T-woves selected way too many PGs in the draft?

Dr Cox
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
screw this guy...overratted, to cocky already, and doesnt want to play in minn.

i guess its good they drafted johnny flynn now (even though he sucks too)

urunobili
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
damn... not good... he was fucked by being chosen by the Wolves... would he get chosen b4 he would have jumped to the NBA already... you can't blame the kid... living in Barcelona > Minneapolis for sure though... he wanted NYC heck he would have gone to Sacto too...

Indazone
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Rubio will never play for the T-wolves...they might as well trade his rights to another team.

ginobili's bald spot
07-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Barcelona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minneapolis.

ambchang
07-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Bending that bitch Kahn over and ass-raping him?

Hey, someone was going to say it. I just saved them the trouble.

More referring to what Kobe did to the Hornets back in the day.

sprrs
07-30-2009, 05:04 PM
If Rubio's dream is really to play in the NBA no matter what, then it doesn't matter where you play. He could play for the Wolves for a few years then be free to go to New York or LA or wherever he wants to go. All he's doing now is hoping the Wolves don't call his bluff and trade his rights to some team that he'd rather be with.

If the Wolves don't trade him, and I don't imagine they will, Rubio's gonna have wasted at least 4 years of his career and still not be in his ideal NBA city. Like Kahn said, he doesn't mind waiting on Rubio. He has all the incentive to keep him, Rubio really has no leverage here.

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
More referring to what Kobe did in Colorado back in the day.
fify

duncan228
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Timberwolves still very much in Rubio hunt (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-rubio073009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

There is a “50-50” chance the Minnesota Timberwolves’ heralded draft pick Ricky Rubio will play for the NBA team next season, a source in Rubio told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. Another source indicated that the team’s chances might even be better than that.

“They are becoming much more optimistic that they are going to get him,” an Eastern Conference executive told Yahoo! Sports.

The source in Rubio’s camp said it would behoove the Timberwolves to move swiftly in trying to secure Rubio, as there also is strong interest in him from international teams, and Rubio is expected to make a decision soon.

While not divulging Rubio’s preference, the source added that the Timberwolves’ choice for their next coach among ABC NBA analyst Mark Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis and Houston Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner also will factor into Rubio’s decision as to whether to join Minnesota. The team is expected to hire a coach as early as Friday or as late as Monday, a source has told Yahoo! Sports. Jackson is being viewed as the front-runner for the position.

Minnesota has pledged to pay a maximum of $500,000 toward Rubio’s mammoth $8.2 buyout clause with his current club, Spain DKV Joventut. Spain Regal FC Barcelona reportedly also is interested in the fifth overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft. Rubio is expected to depart from DKV Joventut even if he and the Timberwolves cannot reach a deal.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:25 PM

All Barca players get paid in EUROS. All Barca players get paid NET INCOME. ALL Barca players get houses and cars and other things free. That would be around an NBA MLE contract.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Why would you say that. Isn't the only way he plays for the Wolves next season is to pay 6.6M out of his own pocket? Kind of hard on a 97K/year salary.

He made 200,000 euros net income in Joventut. Kind of hard for fucking morons to think that equals 97,000 dollars gross. But apparently there is many fucking morons out there.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
damn... not good... he was fucked by being chosen by the Wolves... would he get chosen b4 he would have jumped to the NBA already... you can't blame the kid... living in Barcelona > Minneapolis for sure though... he wanted NYC heck he would have gone to Sacto too...

He is not even close to NBA level. He would be a huge dumb ass to try NBA now. He is 2-3 years away from even being a serious Euroleague level player.

diego
07-30-2009, 07:31 PM
eh, if true this is good for the wolves and rubio. his buyout gets paid, he continues to develop and they continue to amass talent before adding him on a rookie scale contract. or maybe he'll do what we assume splitter will do, and wait the 3 years to be free of the rookie scale. either way i dont see what the problem is.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
eh, if true this is good for the wolves and rubio. his buyout gets paid, he continues to develop and they continue to amass talent before adding him on a rookie scale contract. or maybe he'll do what we assume splitter will do, and wait the 3 years to be free of the rookie scale. either way i dont see what the problem is.

Of course. He is not even close to NBA level. Even after 2 years it would be very questionable for him to come to NBA. To come now is almost laughable considering the level he is at as a player right now.

sabar
07-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Cool, he can be overpaid and rot in Europe for the time being. He needs to grow up anyways, he's the anti-Oden. Oden looks like hes 50 and Rubio looks like hes 13.

sribb43
08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61305/20090826/rubio_agrees_to_terms_with_barcelona_team/

:lmao T-Wolves

Rubio Agrees To Terms With Barcelona Team

Ricky Rubio, the 5th pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves in this year's draft, has agreed to terms on a contract with Regal Barcelona.

The Spanish team will pay a buyout of 3.7 million Euros, approximately $5.3 million, to Rubio's previous team, Joventut.

Rubio will sign a six-year agreement that contains an affordable buyout in 2011.

Kriz-Maxima
08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
i really don't see how the t-wolves lost out on this deal. They get to develop what will likely be the better of the two they drafted in flynn. Rubio who is super young is going to look good no matter what happens overseas so his value will likely stay the same. The wolves are going to suck regardless.

With this guys age its no big loss if they bring him over in two years. If the team takes another direction his 2 year escape clause makes his rights super easy to trade.

Win/win as far as i'm concerned.

+1

TheProfessor
08-26-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd also say this is better in the long run for both sides, if Rubio has any intention of playing in the NBA. He was nowhere near ready physically to play here, and at this stage in his development, wasn't going to be any kind of difference-maker for an already bad team. Also, he gets someone to pay off that ridiculous buyout from his previous team.

sribb43
08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
It was just plain stupid drafting 2 PG's in the 1st place....even when he does come over in a few years Flynn will still be there

In the end...HUGE FAIL by Kahn and the T-Wolves

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60875/20090730/rubio_close_to_five_year_deal_with_barcelona

I saw the report in Europe satellite TV is for 6 years contract and buyout after 3 years. Barca paid $5 million dollars to get him from his contract with Joventut.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:53 AM

No you moron. 1.4 million euros NET.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
+ 1,4 mil in Europe in close to 2,5 mil in NBA (netto and brutto)
+ Barcelona is one of the best cities in Europe

+ Rubio is overrated

True

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I really don't see how the T-wolves lost out on this deal. They get to develop what will likely be the better of the two they drafted in Flynn. Rubio who is super young is going to look good no matter what happens overseas so his value will likely stay the same. The wolves are going to suck regardless.

Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

TV report said buyout was after 3 years not 2.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Now he can afford a nose job.

They cannot fix something that bad.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Barcelona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minneapolis.

Of course but Malaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barcelona

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
If Rubio's dream is really to play in the NBA no matter what, then it doesn't matter where you play. He could play for the Wolves for a few years then be free to go to New York or LA or wherever he wants to go. All he's doing now is hoping the Wolves don't call his bluff and trade his rights to some team that he'd rather be with.

If the Wolves don't trade him, and I don't imagine they will, Rubio's gonna have wasted at least 4 years of his career and still not be in his ideal NBA city. Like Kahn said, he doesn't mind waiting on Rubio. He has all the incentive to keep him, Rubio really has no leverage here.

WTF? He can't play in NBA because they cannot pay his buyout idiot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
wowow, is it because T-woves selected way too many PGs in the draft?

No, it's because Ricky Rubio thinks a big market is owed to him cause he's got 4 different clips ESPN replays repeatedly.

Culburn369
08-26-2009, 09:02 AM
They cannot fix something that bad.

They fixed Hedo's...they can fix this one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:03 AM

The excuses European fans make for these cocky European players who think everything is owed to them are pathetic.

Ricky Rubio, just like every other top 5 pick, has to pay his dues. Being from Spain doesn't allow for him to hand pick his team as a rookie.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:03 AM
the NBA will be just fine without this prima donna.

lefty
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL Rubio

manufan10
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL Rubio

LOL Euroleague over NBA

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM

I don't think that convenient excuse pops up if he's drafted by a big market team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
The excuses European fans make for these cocky European players who think everything is owed to them are pathetic.

Ricky Rubio, just like every other top 5 pick, has to pay his dues. Being from Spain doesn't allow for him to hand pick his team as a rookie.

I am sure the other draft picks will also be glad to pay $8.2 millions just for right to step on NBA court. :lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't think that convenient excuse pops up if he's drafted by a big market team.

Then your math is VERY poor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Then your math is VERY poor.

Then your logic is very poor. Why is it I heard nothing about this 8.2 million dollar buyout up until the Timberwolves drafted him?

Culburn369
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Then your logic is very poor. Why is it I heard nothing about this 8.2 million dollar buyout up until the Timberwolves drafted him?

DUNCAN, per usual, with the goods.

manufan10
08-26-2009, 09:15 AM

DUNCAN, per usual, with the goods.

qft

Culburn369
08-26-2009, 09:16 AM
qft

What does qft mean?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:17 AM
The last time a black American pulled this crap (Steve Francis), he was ridiculed for it and instantly labeled a selfish player.

Since Ricky Rubio is a white European, it's for some reason ok for him to do this.

sprrs
08-26-2009, 09:20 AM

Then why would he sign a five year deal? Why not just play out his current contract? He wants to play where he wants to play, and this contract is just for leverage.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Then why would he sign a five year deal? Why not just play out his current contract? He wants to play where he wants to play, and this contract is just for leverage.

Supposedly because this current team can pay the 8.2 million dollar buyout that suddenly popped up the day after he was drafted.

manufan10
08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
What does qft mean?

quoted for truth

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Because you are a dumb ass.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM

6 years contract

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Supposedly because this current team can pay the 8.2 million dollar buyout that suddenly popped up the day after he was drafted.

You like almost all others here are a liar and a deciever.

polysylab1k
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Because you are a dumb ass.
remove the mirror from your front before typing.

manufan10
08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
^ :lol

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM

To be fair, his buyout was a known problem well before he was drafted. It was a risk to draft him because of it.

mogrovejo
08-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Yeah, that's why the only teams he met pre-draft were Sacramento and Oklahoma, two big market teams. :rolleyes

Are you really this dumb or just acting?

mogrovejo
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Because you weren't paying attention? The amount of the buyout clause was well-known way before the draft. In fact, it was the reason why some teams passed on him.

mogrovejo
08-26-2009, 01:20 PM

To make more money? He signed a long term contract, but he has an affordable release clause after the 2nd year. Same situation, except he makes more money in the meanwhile.

duncan228
08-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Updated.

Kahn says no resolution yet in Rubio case (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-timberwolves-rubio&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Minnesota Timberwolves president David Kahn disputed a Spanish report Wednesday that point guard Ricky Rubio will be staying in Spain for another two years.

The Spanish Web site Marca.com reported earlier in the day that Regal Barcelona had reached a buyout agreement with Rubio’s team, DKV Joventut for $5.3 million. The report said Rubio would sign a six-year deal with the team that included an affordable buyout in 2011 that would allow him to come to the NBA.

But Kahn issued a statement saying no deal has been reached.

“Based on the information I have attained today, no team in any league has reached a deal with DKV Joventut concerning Ricky’s buyout, which must be accomplished before Ricky is released from his contract with DKV Joventut,” the statement read.

That means that Rubio’s saga will continue as the Wolves and new coach Kurt Rambis get closer to training camp.

The Timberwolves selected Rubio with the fifth pick in the June draft, knowing full well of the sticky buyout situation with DKV Joventut. Rubio is under contract for another two years with Joventut, a deal that includes an $8 million buyout.

The Timberwolves can only contribute $500,000 toward the buyout under the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement, meaning Rubio would be responsible for paying the balance himself. Rubio is understandably hesitant to start his NBA career some $7.5 million in the hole.

Kahn has traveled to Spain in hopes of negotiating the number down, but so far has been unsuccessful in those efforts. He has said on more than one occasion that the rebuilding Wolves will be fine waiting a year, or two in the worse-case scenario, for Rubio to come to the United States to play.

More time in Europe would allow the 18-year-old to develop against some of the best players overseas in an environment many scouts say is superior competitively to that of the NCAA.

Coming to the NBA this season would allow the baby-faced Rubio to take advantage of increased endorsement opportunities in the United States while helping the revenue-starved Timberwolves sell tickets to a fan base that hasn’t seen a team make the playoffs since 2004.

If Rubio does not come to Minnesota this season, the Timberwolves are covered. They took Jonny Flynn, another point guard, with the sixth overall pick right behind Rubio.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
In fact, it was the reason why some teams passed on him.

The reason teams passed on him is cause he sucks.

lol Europeans trying to defend the honor of the pussies their continent breads.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
To be fair, his buyout was a known problem well before he was drafted. It was a risk to draft him because of it.

Then why were so many teams will to draft him if they knew this problem would pop up?

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Then why were so many teams will to draft him if they knew this problem would pop up?

That is not the point. You said "why did I not hear about this until he was drafted by Minny?"

Everyone but you knew about this buyout issue. It had been discussed at length.

To answer your question, because some teams think he is worth the risk. Even if they had to wait out his current contract, he is ultra young and has upside and marketability.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
To answer your question, because some teams think he is worth the risk. Even if they had to wait out his current contract, he is ultra young and has upside and marketability.

I phrased it wrong. I knew like all European players he'd have to get bought out of his contract, but I never heard that a team would have to take him knowing he wouldn't be in the NBA this year.

Ghazi
08-26-2009, 07:02 PM
I wanna smoke a bowl w/ Rubio

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I phrased it wrong. I knew like all European players he'd have to get bought out of his contract, but I never heard that a team would have to take him knowing he wouldn't be in the NBA this year.

Plenty of teams draft players that might not come right away. Most are not top 10 picks, and some are drafted with inherent risk (See Scola and Tiago Splitter) and with the thought they are going to come over.

The reason why Rubio's contract was discussed so much was because it was not a typical buyout. It was a crazy high number.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Plenty of teams draft players that might not come right away. Most are not top 10 picks, and some are drafted with inherent risk (See Scola and Tiago Splitter) and with the thought they are going to come over.

The reason why Rubio's contract was discussed so much was because it was not a typical buyout. It was a crazy high number.

But you usually know when the player might not come over right away, I constantly heard about the immediate impact Rubio would make.

And like you said, I've never seen a team use a top 5 pick on a player knowing he wouldn't be coming over immediately.

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I have never seen a buyout so unfair and so complex though. It was a unique situation.

mountainballer
08-27-2009, 04:50 AM
All Barca players get paid in EUROS. All Barca players get paid NET INCOME. ALL Barca players get houses and cars and other things free. That would be around an NBA MLE contract.

it's annoying (and I don't know why again answer your stupid calculations), however maybe there are some members out there, who are interested in accurate numbers and not in ridiculous fairy tales from One Thousand and One Nights.

if Rubio in fact gets 1.4 Euro and if this number in fact is net (both looks plausible, considering what compareable stars get), this means his gross income in Spain is 2.47million Euro.

$ exchange rate currently is 1.42, so this makes it 3.5 million $.
MLE currently is at 5.85 million $, but we must not forget that this is just the starting salary.
a full MLE contract is worth 33.9 million $, this means the average salary per is 6.8 million $
(and that's the number we need for the comparison, because the European contracts are not based on this CBA type raises)

well, as all people (with the exception of one person) can see, 3.5 million $ are not exactly 6.8 million $, the value of an NBA contract.

ok, what about the ALL FREE stuff.
forget most of what KBP constantly tells, huge houses, fleet of cars and yachts and a dozen servants.
that's total nonsense.
yes, players get a house or apartment and a car and some help, but let's see about what numbers we are in fact talking about.
remember about all what was reported about the unbelieveable free things Josh Childress, the best payed player in all Europe get's in Greece?
well, fact is, he lives in a (very nice) two story apartment and he has a staff car, that is a Volvo S80. (btw. he drives himself, but that's not the point). I'm sure he has a cleaning lady every day and maybe there is a person available, to run some errands.

so, what numbers are we talking about?
the costs for a luxurious apartment or a house are (depending on the city) 60K-100K per year.
the costs for a top car (like a Mercedes S, Audi A8 or a top SUV) would be about 30-35K per year. (leasing, including gas etc.).
(btw. the per year costs of the car Josh Childress drives are about 15K per year.)
factor in the costs of an employee (50K per year, and that's high considering the average income in countries like Greece), let it even be 2 employees and you get a value of
150 to 300 K per year,
that the player gets in benefits. (and that's a pretty generous estimation)

well even the additional 300K won't take the 3.5 million much closer to the value of a MLE contract.

and all this doesn't factor in the possible net income numbers from a gross NBA contract.
all I did was talking about the gross numbers and the costs for the team. of course in no state of the USA a player pays taxes of 43%. (like Rubio will in Spain).
if we do the whole math based on comparable net incomes, the equivalent to the Rubio contract will be even below half MLE.

I hope this will help to end the nonsense discussion about false numbers, that are constantly used by some people.

TimDunkem
08-27-2009, 05:22 AM
How do you not know!!

Why am I more mexican than you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iLSmTPwJGZY/SeHIh8AS6tI/AAAAAAAAKfo/RJg-lBJl_ZY/s400/2.jpg

Oh my God, that's hilarious. Do you blue yourself before you use it too?

manufan10
08-27-2009, 09:39 AM
it's annoying (and I don't know why again answer your stupid calculations), however maybe there are some members out there, who are interested in accurate numbers and not in ridiculous fairy tales from One Thousand and One Nights.

if Rubio in fact gets 1.4 Euro and if this number in fact is net (both looks plausible, considering what compareable stars get), this means his gross income in Spain is 2.47million Euro.

MLE currently is at 5.85 million $, but we must not forget that this is just the starting salary.
a full MLE contract is worth 33.9 million $, this means the average salary per is 6.8 million $
(and that's the number we need for the comparison, because the European contracts are not based on this CBA type raises)

well, as all people (with the exception of one person) can see, 3.5 million $ are not exactly 6.8 million $, the value of an NBA contract.

forget most of what KBP constantly tells, huge houses, fleet of cars and yachts and a dozen servants.
that's total nonsense.
yes, players get a house or apartment and a car and some help, but let's see about what numbers we are in fact talking about.
remember about all what was reported about the unbelieveable free things Josh Childress, the best payed player in all Europe get's in Greece?
well, fact is, he lives in a (very nice) two story apartment and he has a staff car, that is a Volvo S80. (btw. he drives himself, but that's not the point). I'm sure he has a cleaning lady every day and maybe there is a person available, to run some errands.

the costs for a luxurious apartment or a house are (depending on the city) 60K-100K per year.
the costs for a top car (like a Mercedes S, Audi A8 or a top SUV) would be about 30-35K per year. (leasing, including gas etc.).
(btw. the per year costs of the car Josh Childress drives are about 15K per year.)
factor in the costs of an employee (50K per year, and that's high considering the average income in countries like Greece), let it even be 2 employees and you get a value of
150 to 300 K per year,

well even the additional 300K won't take the 3.5 million much closer to the value of a MLE contract.

and all this doesn't factor in the possible net income numbers from a gross NBA contract.
all I did was talking about the gross numbers and the costs for the team. of course in no state of the USA a player pays taxes of 43%. (like Rubio will in Spain).
if we do the whole math based on comparable net incomes, the equivalent to the Rubio contract will be even below half MLE.

I hope this will help to end the nonsense discussion about false numbers, that are constantly used by some people.

American propganda. It's lies! @#$% you! You racist scum! - KBP

mountainballer
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
American propganda. It's lies! @#$% you! You racist scum! - KBP

well, actually it would be Austrian propaganda :lol.
(hell knows about the motives. unfortunately in my country basketball is about as important as skiing is in Jamaika)

Cry Havoc
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM

that's total nonsense.

150 to 300 K per year,

Some of the most dominant ownage ever posted to Spurstalk. Wow. :wow

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-27-2009, 10:15 PM

that's total nonsense.

150 to 300 K per year,

You stupid fucking LIAR.

Childress makes $11 million per season it is RIGHT THERE in proof from Atlanta's top newspaper you fucking idiot.

Your lies are sick and disgusting. You will go to hell. And all olympiacos players get BMW's and Volvos.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/07/23/childress_hawks_greece.html

Right there the top Atlanta newspaper says he makes $11 million a year. So you are THE LIAR and I am the TRUTH TELLER.

Now STFU you god damn lying son of a bitch

Spursfan092120
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Euroleague sucks balls..

mountainballer
08-28-2009, 02:34 AM
You stupid fucking LIAR.

Childress makes $11 million per season it is RIGHT THERE in proof from Atlanta's top newspaper you fucking idiot.

Your lies are sick and disgusting. You will go to hell. And all olympiacos players get BMW's and Volvos.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/07/23/childress_hawks_greece.html

Right there the top Atlanta newspaper says he makes $11 million a year. So you are THE LIAR and I am the TRUTH TELLER.

who was talking about Childress salary?
I was talking about Rubio's salary, which is in fact only half as much as you reported.
all I mentioned was Childress apartment and car (what you generously confirmed stupid:lol), which are far from the totally fabricated stories, you permanently deliver.

your problem isn't only your psychopathic personality structure, it's also that you are a functionally illiterate psychopath.

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Aren't you supposed to be in hell MB?

Cry Havoc
08-28-2009, 02:47 AM
You stupid fucking LIAR.

that's total nonsense.

150 to 300 K per year,

:toast

Reading comprehension. It's good to have.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-28-2009, 03:35 AM
:toast

Reading comprehension. It's good to have.

The ability to do math. You lack it.

Cry Havoc
08-28-2009, 03:58 AM
The ability to do math. You lack it.

I'm pretty sure that $6,800,000 is > than $3,800,000.

But if you want to go ahead and argue with me about that, I'm not sure you should be insulting my math skills.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-28-2009, 04:14 AM
You are an idiot if you believe mountainballer because he cannot do basic math.

fo'shizzle
08-28-2009, 05:48 AM
Lol kbp

ffadicted
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Why would he do this, what an idiot lol

Samr
09-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Rubio has another two years in Spain (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/08/31/Timberwolves.Rubio.ap/index.html)

Updated.

Culburn369
09-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Fine article, with sound clarity.

Good citation, Sam.

Samr
09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
What's the over/under on him actually making an impact in the NBA? Admittedly I haven't followed this as closely as most, but it seems like he's opening himself up to be overrated. Better to come into the NBA quietly with something to prove, than start the hype machine early and try to live up to it.

I just don't buy what Rubio's selling anymore.