PDA

View Full Version : Imagine If Your Greatest Memory Was Tainted

PM5K
07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
After reading about Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz I was a little sad to hear they tested positive for PEDs in 2003 because of how it taints their accomplishments.

It's not something we hear about in the NBA, how would you feel if you found out one of your greatest memories, greatest moments, was the result of cheating?

What if Jordan cheated in some way that helped him hit those six threes in the first half of the Finals against Portland, or that 63 against Boston in the Garden?

It sucks to hear that some of those great moments, including the walk-off homers by Big Pappi, was all just a cheat, or could have been.

IronMexican
07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Not surprised.

PM5K
07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't watch baseball enough to be surprised or not, I guess when you look at the guy and what he did, maybe it might seem obvious to some.

It's just sad because I'm not a big baseball fan but what the Sox did in the playoffs made me want to watch baseball more, especially the playoffs, imagine if whatever your first memory was of a player/sport was tainted because that person was a cheater.

It's pretty sad.

dickface
07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
For an avid Yankee-hater like myself, this means nothing. Steroids doesn't taint the fact that the Yankees got chode bloaded in the most epic way possible in 2004.

dirk4mvp
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Barea had to be cheating in the first round this year.