View Full Version : Do the ....Kobe, Duncan, Shaq!

antgomez2009
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Any arguments that this era belongs to Kobe, Duncan and Shaq?

All have 4 championships
Duncan only one without a Gold medal, but who cares, he was surrounded by a cast that never even got it done in the NBA! Iverson, Marbury, Jefferson! but he did win back to back MVP award!...

Anyways, in an ERA that introduced Lebron, Melo, Wade, Durant, Rose,etc. ...

These three guys always found a way to get it done, whether it was together, or being the only star on their team, they got it done!

If you talk about Kobe being the greatest, you better mention duncan and Shaq, if you talk about Duncan, you better mention Kobe and Shaq, if you Mention Shaq you better talk about Kobe and Duncan as well!....

Its clear that the Melo's, Lebron's and Wade's of this era have transformed the game, however, Three Guys stood out beyond the rest of the talent!

Do the Kobe Bryant,
Do the Tim Duncan
Do the Shaq Oneal ...lol

If you deny this then you obivously dont appreciate BASKETBALL!

:toast to the Greatest of this Era!

Im ready for Next Season, it will be IMO one of the greatest of all time!!

Looking foward to the Rookies, Sophmores, Bench, Stars, Superstars and Legends working together and against eachother to Win the ultimate prize!

:lobt: gyea baby! 2010~~~~~

JamStone
07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Kobe's still at the top of his game, still arguably one of the top two players in the league. And, Kobe won his title as the man last year. And, I'm actually a Kobe fan. But I'd take him out of the equation. This first decade of the third millenia belongs to Shaq and Duncan. Kobe isn't in that group.

23LeBronJames23
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
i hope next year finals will be
Cavs vs Lakers or
Cavs vs Spurs!

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Kobe's still at the top of his game, still arguably one of the top two players in the league. And, Kobe won his title as the man last year. And, I'm actually a Kobe fan. But I'd take him out of the equation. This first decade of the third millenia belongs to Shaq and Duncan. Kobe isn't in that group.

Duncan can't be considered merely to the fact that he's never repeated, nor gotten to a repeat event.

Daddy & Kobe? Pop made an ass out of Daddy with the preemptive hack-a-daddy a little over a year ago, and Kobe made an ass out of himself via quitting Vs. Phoenix, but, gave Daddy his deliverance in 2000 by saving them both a lot of pain & misery in the Portland series. Without Kobe there I cringe at the reality.

They're terrible people & dishonest characters. But, they've toted up the cyphers from 11 to 15. & you can't beat that with a great big stick.

antgomez2009
07-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Duncan can't be considered merely to the fact that he's never repeated, nor gotten to a repeat event.

Daddy & Kobe? Pop made an ass out of Daddy with the preemptive hack-a-daddy a little over a year ago, and Kobe made an ass out of himself via quitting Vs. Phoenix, but, gave Daddy his deliverance in 2000 by saving them both a lot of pain & misery in the Portland series. Without Kobe there I cringe at the reality.

They're terrible people & dishonest characters. But, they've toted up the cyphers from 11 to 15. & you can't beat that with a great big stick.

yea but the spurs totalled the cyphers from 0 to 4, all because of a Luck Lottery pick in Tim Duncan

You dont measure greatness on back-to-back because anything can happen from one year to the next**example D-rob, Aj, Sean E. retired, Stephen Jackson and Speedy Claxton leaving! or Trevor ariza dipping to Houston and the still undecided Lamar Odom!

Tim Duncan is part of this equation!
Shaq is part of this equation!

and yes, i believe Kobe is part of the Equation to!

it goes to show you need great players around you to win! Unless your D-wade!! haha one year stint!

Kobe and Shaq

Tim and Gino and parker

Ray allen, paul pierce and KG

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 02:59 PM
You dont measure greatness on back-to-back because anything can happen from one year to the next

Perhaps, but, you also don't measure it by Kobe unable to get a ring without Daddy, but, you couldn't stop that campaign with a wooden stake & silver bullets.

What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Kobe and Shaq

Tim and Gino and parker

Ray allen, paul pierce and KG

Kobe and Shaq...check

Tim and Gino and parker...check

Ray allen, paul pierce and KG...chec....one more time, I want to see them do it one more time before I buy it.

anonoftheinternets
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
does no one notice two of the "greats" played on one team? and the other won without any of the aforementioned "greats"?

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
does no one notice two of the "greats" played on one team? and the other won without any of the aforementioned "greats"?

Manu & Kobe: at prime I'd take Manu. I mean I'd take Manu? Who'd you take at prime?

anonoftheinternets
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Manu & Kobe: at prime I'd take Manu. I mean I'd take Manu? Who'd you take at prime?

but that was not the argument ... two of the so called HOFs of our era played together while the third won one without parker and manu (1999), won one while parker and manu jus entered the league(2003), won while playing along side great players (manu- prime, parker-prime) (2005,2007) ... All the while changing from aggressive do it all scorer/defensive pillar .. to secondary scorer/defensive anchor ... and maintaining a quiet dignity and unequivocal leadership of the team.

As opposed to a big "egoblock", and a superstar who quit on his team in a PO GAME? who does that? for all the talk about AI he would never quit on a PO game. In fact few do.

Muser
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
They're all great players.

Culburn369
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM
but that was not the argument ... two of the so called HOFs of our era played together while the third won one without parker and manu (1999), won one while parker and manu jus entered the league(2003), won while playing along side great players (manu- prime, parker-prime) (2005,2007) ... All the while changing from aggressive do it all scorer/defensive pillar .. to secondary scorer/defensive anchor ... and maintaining a quiet dignity and unequivocal leadership of the team.

As opposed to a big "egoblock", and a superstar who quit on his team in a PO GAME? who does that? for all the talk about AI he would never quit on a PO game. In fact few do.

True, I just got sidetracked in fantasy land.

***I make no excuse for what Kobe did quitting like that. It's indefensible.

antgomez2009
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah, AI just said fuck it and quit on the entire playoffs. Lets take it a step further. Not even the Clippers have tanked a whole season just to get ahead. In fact, few teams in all of sports have tanked an entire season and fucked over their paying fans like the Spurs.

LakaLuva!!! The Spurs were simply not in shape and not good this past playoffs!

But tanking a series, cmon man!!! Your just over Hating the Spurs!! you know the Western Conf. will eventually come down to the Spurs and Lakers!!1

duncan228
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm talking about tanking a whole season to get Duncan. You are aware of this, right? Kobe tanked a playoff game to send a message to his organization about the pathetic teammates he was surrounded with. The Spurs tanked a whole season to get a great player. The Lakers were not going to beat the Suns, and the Spurs were not going to win shit that year that they tanked. Which is worse?

I never understood how breaking your foot and having a screw put in could be considered tanking. Not to mention that the Celtics had the best shot at Duncan, there was no guarantee the Spurs would get the pick.

NBA: Robinson to miss 6 weeks with broken foot
The Boston Globe
December 25, 1996

San Antonio Spurs star center David Robinson, who missed the first 18 games of the season with back pain, was placed on the injured list yesterday after suffering a broken left foot. Robinson is expected to miss approximately six weeks and was scheduled to undergo surgery Friday to insert a screw into his fifth metatarsal.

anonoftheinternets
07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I never understood how breaking your foot and having a screw put in could be considered tanking. Not to mention that the Celtics had the best shot at Duncan, there was no guarantee the Spurs would get the pick.

cue the "no reply and disappear act" from laker troll ..

DAF86
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
At their primes:

1-Shaq (most dominant player I've ever saw)
2-Duncan
3-Kobe

In the overall picture ('till now):

1-Duncan (4 rings, 3 finals MVP (but he was trully the man in all of those 'ships) and 2 reg season MVP
2-Shaq (4 rings, 3 finals MVP and 1 reg. season MVP)
3-Kobe (4 rings, 1 finals MVP and 1 reg. season MVP)

antgomez2009
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm talking about tanking a whole season to get Duncan. You are aware of this, right? Kobe tanked a playoff game to send a message to his organization about the pathetic teammates he was surrounded with. The Spurs tanked a whole season to get a great player. The Lakers were not going to beat the Suns, and the Spurs were not going to win shit that year that they tanked. Which is worse?

I dont think that was there intention, especially knowing that your not gurannteed the #1 lottery pick! They didnt even have the worst record, it was destined for Tim to Come to San Antonio!

Just like it was destiny for Kobe to be the man in LA:hat

MambaJuice2408
07-30-2009, 05:44 PM

Parker + Manu= 1 great

MambaJuice2408
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
True, I just got sidetracked in fantasy land.

***I make no excuse for what Kobe did quitting like that. It's indefensible.

It was a cry for help...But yeah he shouldnt have done it.

07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
cue the "no reply and disappear act" from laker troll ..
lakertroll doesn't respond to logical arguments, it would make his head explode.

duncan228
07-30-2009, 06:11 PM
I wasn't addressing Kobe at all, I should have edited that part out of your post. I was wondering how surgery and a screw in a foot can be considered tanking. Especially when they weren't even the team with the best odds to get Duncan.

23LeBronJames23
07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
at their primes:

1-shaq (most dominant player i've ever saw)
2-duncan
3-kobe

in the overall picture ('till now):

1-duncan (4 rings, 3 finals mvp (but he was trully the man in all of those 'ships) and 2 reg season mvp
2-shaq (4 rings, 3 finals mvp and 1 reg. Season mvp)
3-kobe (4 rings, 1 finals mvp and 1 reg. Season mvp)

+1

fleggy2k2
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM

i was gonna say this, but i'm glad someone more qualified brought it up.

fleggy2k2
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
It was still a tank, and Pop has been known for throwing the towel. The point is, don't try and make it seem like Kobe pulled something that others haven't.

what happened to "let's leave it at that"?

picc84
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Respect to all 3. Definitely the players of the decade.

fleggy2k2
07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
You guys kept coming, so of course I'm going to fire back. Duncan228 failed to mention that Robinson got injured early in the year, and with his work ethics, he could have easily made it back to play in a few months, but, with a chance of landing another 7fter, how could the Spurs resist the opportunity of landing Duncan, and allowing Robinson to rest that back. The perfect time to tank a season was in full effect. Keep in mind, Robinson never played less than 75 games the remainder of his career.

or you could just completely ignore the bs instead of trying to change people's obviously unfaltering views. kinda like i'm gonna do right now.

also, cause i'm pretty hungry and i smell ribs cooking on the grill and not even a good ol' fashion basketball debate can stop this hungry guy from a rack of baby backs.

but i digress.

duncan228
07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
The Spurs tanking story has been around forever, and people will believe what they want. I believe Robinson was injured, and couldn't come back. He never played after the surgery. I still don't see the point of tanking when the chances of landing the prize are against you.

... was placed on the injured list on 10/30 due to a lower back strain ... missed the first 18 games of the season before being activated on 12/10 ... played limited minutes in six straight games - as part of his rehabilitation program for his back - before suffering a non-displaced
fracture of the fifth metatarsal of his left foot on 12/23 vs. Miami ... underwent successful surgery on 12/27 (at which time a screw was inserted into his left foot) but missed the remainder of the season.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_robinson/bio.html

OrEmuN
07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Lets put it this way. Tanking a playoff series does NOTHING for the team, only for the selfish individual.

I would say Shaq, Duncan and Kobe are great players but Kobe's selfishness makes him an obnoxious person.

Lets leave it as that yeah ?

JamStone
07-30-2009, 11:40 PM
The article cited says David Robinson to "miss" 6 weeks and it was December 25th. That means he would have returned in mid February, right?

Just saying.

BadOdor
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
The article cited says David Robinson to "miss" 6 weeks and it was December 25th. That means he would have returned in mid February, right?

Just saying.

Anyone else recall chuck talking on tnt why he thought the spurs tanked? he said the spurs put some scrub on him or something like that.

ezau
07-31-2009, 05:29 AM

Sure the Spurs didn't repeat, but the Spurs have been consistent ( Duncan being the core ) for the last 10 years! I'd say Duncan's consistency can't be overlooked and oh, did I mention that he has more accolades than Kobe? It Should only be between Duncan and Shaq. They're the main men

BeeGee
07-31-2009, 07:13 AM
When Tim Duncan and the Spurs even SNIFF a title defense, you can put in a bid to claim the decade. Otherwise, ho sit down.

I'm outta here like the Spurs in the 2nd round following a championship. Non-dynasty ass title defense no-show muthafuckaz.

antgomez2009
07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
When Tim Duncan and the Spurs even SNIFF a title defense, you can put in a bid to claim the decade. Otherwise, ho sit down.

I'm outta here like the Spurs in the 2nd round following a championship. Non-dynasty ass title defense no-show muthafuckaz.

This dude is seriously not a baller!

GTFOH

your lakers took a 6 year absense! thats worst then not going back to back!!

Hollywood ass!!!! :hat

Allanon
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Duncan was the better player for a longer period, Shaq was more dominating in his prime. I have to give them a tie.

Kobe right now is still behind both of them but I think he'll end up surpassing both of them...he still many years of great play left in him with a team that should seriously contend for the next 4-5 years.

BeeGee
07-31-2009, 12:23 PM
This dude is seriously not a baller!

GTFOH

your lakers took a 6 year absense! thats worst then not going back to back!!

Hollywood ass!!!! :hatSpoken like a true Spurs clown. Fool the Lakers have done more in this decade than the Spurs have done in their ENTIRE EXISTENCE. And that aint even exaggerating, idiot. We have a 3peat, plus 4 straight finals appearances, followed by another chip last year and two straight finals appearances. The Spurs have been past the 2nd round of the playoffs in consecutive years ONLY TWICE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY and have never sniffed a repeat trip to the finals.

Ho sit down.

Sdayi135
08-01-2009, 03:49 AM
It was still a tank, and Pop has been known for throwing the towel. The point is, don't try and make it seem like Kobe pulled something that others haven't.

And the Lakers losing the '06 series vs. Phoenix after being up 3-1 isn't tanking?

Sdayi135
08-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Spoken like a true Spurs clown. Fool the Lakers have done more in this decade than the Spurs have done in their ENTIRE EXISTENCE. And that aint even exaggerating, idiot. We have a 3peat, plus 4 straight finals appearances, followed by another chip last year and two straight finals appearances. The Spurs have been past the 2nd round of the playoffs in consecutive years ONLY TWICE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY and have never sniffed a repeat trip to the finals.

Ho sit down.

you mean 4 in 5 years, right?

There's a reason (and a BIG one) why you went to those Finals. That reason happens to be in Clevelend right now.

And explain the flop job in 04-05 by not making the playoffs and blowing the 3-1 series lead vs. Phoenix in '06?

Culburn369
08-01-2009, 05:08 AM
and blowing the 3-1 series lead vs. Phoenix in '06?

We got "Smushed"...you don't know because you've never been done like that. You don't know the agony, the endless frustration of the Smush. We do, and we wouldn't wish it on our worst enemy (see you).

ezau
08-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Duncan was the better player for a longer period, Shaq was more dominating in his prime. I have to give them a tie.

Kobe right now is still behind both of them but I think he'll end up surpassing both of them...he still many years of great play left in him with a team that should seriously contend for the next 4-5 years.

Why are you guys thinking that Kobe is such a young player? Him and Kobe are just two years apart and both of them have so much mileage on their legs.

ezau
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Spoken like a true Spurs clown. Fool the Lakers have done more in this decade than the Spurs have done in their ENTIRE EXISTENCE. And that aint even exaggerating, idiot. We have a 3peat, plus 4 straight finals appearances, followed by another chip last year and two straight finals appearances. The Spurs have been past the 2nd round of the playoffs in consecutive years ONLY TWICE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY and have never sniffed a repeat trip to the finals.

Ho sit down.

And not to mention a failed playoff apperance. You guys certainly did more than the Spurs:flag:

antgomez2009
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Ho sit down.

The ho around here is your girl!....

and if you read up on your shit, then you'll know that the spurs entered the league in 1976 as an ABA team, while your Hollywood ass lakers has been in the leauge since the '40's ! Dumbass!

But it dont even matter what happend in the past, we are in the 2000's, and The spurs have accomplished just as much as the Lakers during this period! Granted the Spurs missed getting to the finals a few times, but they also didnt lose when they did get to the big stage!

I would rather have an early exit then to lose in the Finals, especially like how the Lakers lost to Detroit and Boston!
GTFOH with that back to back shit! thats your only case when talking about the Spurs!!! Then your pathetic , just like all them wack ass celebs!

SpurCharger
08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
They Are All Hall Of Famers, And They Definately Carried This Era....

Culburn369
08-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I would rather have an early exit then to lose in the Finals

Of course, that's the Spurs Fandom's personna: unless you get a guarantee you don't even want to try. Yer afraid.

That is so weak & puny.

You poor thing, you.

TheMACHINE
08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Question:

Out of the three, who's the only player who has won a ring WITHOUT a Hall of Famer next to to him?

Culburn369
08-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Question:

Out of the three, who's the only player who has won a ring WITHOUT a Hall of Famer next to to him?

Kobe\'09

BlackBellamy
08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Perhaps, but, you also don't measure it by Kobe unable to get a ring without Daddy, but, you couldn't stop that campaign with a wooden stake & silver bullets.

Only took Kobe six years and a one way collusion trade to win one on his own. By that point, yes, he was not to be stopped.

BlackBellamy
08-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Of course, that's the Spurs Fandom's personna: unless you get a guarantee you don't even want to try. Yer afraid.

That is so weak & puny.

You poor thing, you.

Culburn has to have a voice like Hunter S. Thompson. I'm not too sure that his style of writing would translate into speaking otherwise. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole lifestyle that he helped create. A generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old mystic fallacy of their culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, was tending the light at the end of the tunnel. There was only one road back to L.A. - U.S. Interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway, and straight on into frantic oblivion. Safety. Obscurity. Just another freak, in the freak kingdom. A word to the wise is infuriating, right Raoul?

antgomez2009
08-01-2009, 02:38 PM

That is so weak & puny.

You poor thing, you.

Well there aint no gurantee that you would win a Championship, but being swept (Cavs) or losing in the final game by like 30 (boston def. Lakers '08)
smells like a recipe of Chokeness or you can say they gave up! If the Spurs couldnt get it done because of health issues or just simply didnt get it done against a team, then im fine with that. At least i know they didnt give up!!!

Who Said anything about a gurantee last season!

I knew they were in a bad position whether it was health or lack of chemistry, but that didnt keep me from watching the playoff games and still representing my team!

You Laker Fans get One championship Finally after Big daddy Shaq is gone
and you hollywood asses get all the confidence in the world! GTFOH with that fake as shit!

Orange county ass!!:lmao GTFOH

TheMACHINE
08-01-2009, 03:20 PM
You Laker Fans get One championship Finally after Big daddy Shaq is gone

You dont think thats an accompishment? The core group breaks up, start a new team from scratch and 5 years later, Lakers get a ring. Looks pretty darn impressive to me. I'd love to see how the Spurs do once Duncan retires. Heck, you guys cant even win 2 in a row.

TheMACHINE
08-01-2009, 03:21 PM
smells like a recipe of Chokeness or you can say they gave up! If the Spurs couldnt get it done because of health issues or just simply didnt get it done against a team, then im fine with that. At least i know they didnt give up!!!

Yah...sitting Duncan and the rest of the starters at the end of one of the games in 08 against the Lakers isnt giving up. lol

Muser
08-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Question:

Pau Gasol
2001 Spanish King's Cup (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Copa_del_Rey_de_Baloncesto) MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/MVP)
2001 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroleague_2000-01) All-Euroleague (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroleague) Second Team
2001 Spanish League Finals MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/ACB_Finals_Most_Valuable_Player_Award)
2002 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_NBA_season) NBA Rookie of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award)
2004 Mister Europa Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Mister_Europa)
2x NBA All-Star (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA_All-Star_Game) (2006, 2009)
2006 FIBA World Championship (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2006_FIBA_World_Championship) MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/MVP)
2008 Euroscar Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroscar_Award)
2008 FIBA Europe Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/FIBA_Europe_Player_of_the_Year_Award)
2009 NBA (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA) Player of the Month (Feb.)
2009 All-NBA Third Team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/All-NBA_Team)
1-time NBA Champion (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions) (2009 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2009_NBA_Finals))

And he's only 29, a few more awards and he might very well be.

TheMACHINE
08-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Pau Gasol
2001 Spanish King's Cup (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Copa_del_Rey_de_Baloncesto) MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/MVP)
2001 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroleague_2000-01) All-Euroleague (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroleague) Second Team
2001 Spanish League Finals MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/ACB_Finals_Most_Valuable_Player_Award)
2002 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_NBA_season) NBA Rookie of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award)
2004 Mister Europa Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Mister_Europa)
2x NBA All-Star (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA_All-Star_Game) (2006, 2009)
2006 FIBA World Championship (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2006_FIBA_World_Championship) MVP (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/MVP)
2008 Euroscar Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Euroscar_Award)
2008 FIBA Europe Player of the Year (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/FIBA_Europe_Player_of_the_Year_Award)
2009 NBA (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/NBA) Player of the Month (Feb.)
2009 All-NBA Third Team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/All-NBA_Team)
1-time NBA Champion (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions) (2009 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2009_NBA_Finals))

And he's only 29, a few more awards and he might very well be.

Would you say that if he was still in Memphis?

kingmalaki
08-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Kobe\'09

No HOF on the team....only the most talented team in the league. Why do you need another HOF player if your team is the best? You can argue that Boston had a more talented team, but they were injured come playoff time. So were the Jazz, Rockets and Magic....hmmm.....

The only player of the 3 to win with a supporting cast that just couldn't be considered great was Duncan in 03. He had to go through a team with the other two (defending champs at that) just to get that title....not to mention he beat them both again in 99.

They are all great players but if you are going with the "won a ring with the least amount of help" angle, then Duncan clearly wins that argument.

08-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Would you say that if he was still in Memphis?
gasol wouldn't have an NBA championship if he was still in memphis. gasol just needs to polish up his credentials and combined with his international play, he should be able to make it in the hall of fame. a couple of more all star appearances should do it.

Culburn369
08-02-2009, 07:55 AM
No HOF on the team....only the most talented team in the league. Why do you need another HOF player if your team is the best?

Kobe confirmed your thesis.

Culburn369
08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Heck, you guys cant even win 2 in a row.

MACHINE is right on here.

And regardless how of Media carries your water & end of the log your chronological failure to go back-to-back seriously compromises your otherwise splendid resume and leaves it tepid & squalid.

It's a shame for you fellows. It really is.