PDA

View Full Version : It's ON - Perry Versus Hutch!

Nbadan
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
This is gonna be good, two ex-Rove disciples going head-to-head...

Let it begin!

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Gov. Rick Perry said he might move up the date of the special election to replace Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison because too many important things are going on in Washington.

After months of speculation, Hutchison confirmed Wednesday that she plans to resign her Senate seat to run for governor sometime around October or November.

Perry mocked Hutchison's announcement, and suggested he wasn't convinced she would actually step down from her position.

"For us not to have someone in the United States Senate looking after Texas interests, I think, is irresponsible," Perry said. "Maybe the Senator should think about that rather than the other things she’s thinking about."

When told by a reporter that Hutchison had remarked that 15 years in the governor's mansion is too long for one person, Perry said, "I guess 15 years in the United States Senate is not too long."

Link (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/72679.html)

Spursmania
07-31-2009, 07:09 AM
This is going to be a dogfight.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Hutchinson site loaded with hidden phrases, including "Perry gay" (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2009/07/30/hutchisonoriented_site_luring.html)
:lol

Supergirl
08-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Vote for kinky friedman instead

exstatic
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm pulling for KBH. I'm not a huge fan, but after the previous TWO occupants, she'd be a step up. I know it's a "do nothing" job, but do we HAVE to keep electing such "do nothings" into the office?

Destro
08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
TX Gov gets to appoint all the commissioners including Texas Work Force, TExas Environmental Agency, Railroad, etc...that is ALOT of power. I've been affected by each of those offices in my day to day work and for the most part they are unqualified appointed goons.

The "perry is gay" keywords are hilarious though, this is going to be soooo dirty